What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (4 Viewers)

Nice post Kiddnets. I've started listening to the Nick and Artie show on podcast at work this week. Really enjoy hearing Artie again and would love to hear that closure interview someday too but don't think it will ever happen.

The Eric the Midget segment with the producer of "In Plain Sight" was gold. I know a lot of it was a put-on by Froddo but at least Eric admitted that. Werewolves? :lmao:

Haven't listened much at all in the last 5 years. But I recently bought a car with Sirius trial and just bought a 1-year subscription.

Still love the show.

As long as Fred stays Fred and they do the news I'll always be into it. Yes, it would be better with an Artie in there and Howard's #####ing does get old... But it's still better than anything I would listen to on Sirius or FM. Occasionally I'll choose a podcast over Howard, but Howard is the first place I check when I'm on my 1hr commute (each way).

I am not sure about an NDA with Artie, but the second that you cross Howard, and make no mistake about it, leaving the show is crossing Howard, then you are no longer spoken about. Jackie Martling might be the one exception to that rule, because they all have extreme distaste for him and trashing him on air is something that they all enjoy.

I still catch most of his show every day with the various replays. :shrug:
Me too. At this point, all he does is talk about himself and his interests but I think its entertaining enough to still listen. This Benji-Alysia shtick is getting old though. I think I agree with Fred that this is some sort of elaborate set up by Benji. If its not, he is really pathetic
Benjy is generally all shtick but I think he's just being pathetic with her. I think he's serious.Obviously, the show isn't the laugh out loud radio it once was but like you said, it's entertaining enough to keep me listening. We as fans know so much about their lives that it's just interesting to hear what's going on with them. I still laugh every day at something someone says or does. I guess I'll be a listener until he retires.
OK, this just has to be shtick

Me too. At this point, all he does is talk about himself and his interests but I think its entertaining enough to still listen. This Benji-Alysia shtick is getting old though. I think I agree with Fred that this is some sort of elaborate set up by Benji. If its not, he is really pathetic
Benjy is generally all shtick but I think he's just being pathetic with her. I think he's serious.Obviously, the show isn't the laugh out loud radio it once was but like you said, it's entertaining enough to keep me listening. We as fans know so much about their lives that it's just interesting to hear what's going on with them. I still laugh every day at something someone says or does. I guess I'll be a listener until he retires.
What about that awful song

I've only heard little bits and pieces of it. Sounds like so much other crap that I don't even know what is popular anymore. For all I know, it's a hit.

If you didn't know that if was Benjy, it looks fine to me. OK, the eye makeup is more rock star then regular guy of course, but I thought it wasn't a bad look at all.

Having not watched HowardTV at all, I haven't seen Benji in at least 5 years. He looks 1,000 times better than he used to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only heard little bits and pieces of it. Sounds like so much other crap that I don't even know what is popular anymore. For all I know, it's a hit.
I'm with you on that but you can tell it's 95% smoke and mirrors with the autotune, mixing, etc. Most pop songs these days are only 70% smoke and mirrors.

I'm actually tired of Howard being so anti fat people that he can't possibly understand why a fat or even chunky person (guy or girl) can be attractive to anyone or that anyone would possibly want sex from them. Meanwhile, in his little world, his hideous face is ok with getting a model and she can be attracted to him physically but it isn't about his fame, money and personality at all.

I'm actually tired of Howard being so anti fat people that he can't possibly understand why a fat or even chunky person (guy or girl) can be attractive to anyone or that anyone would possibly want sex from them. Meanwhile, in his little world, his hideous face is ok with getting a model and she can be attracted to him physically but it isn't about his fame, money and personality at all.
howard has consistently said that he is hideous. he has said many, many times that without his star power and fame that he would have no chance with girls like beth.

:lmao: :lmao: :cry:

Somehow missed this the first time around:

HFS - the last 2 minutes with Fred on sounds is classic

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole closing of SFN, due to Howard's annoyance, in order to revamp just surprises me.

Wasn't one of the main takeaways of the "Private Parts" movie:

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.

Pig Vomit: How can that be?

Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?

Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?

Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Like Howard is cutting off his nose to spite his face. :bag:

I wasnt able to listen today since I took my moms car. I dont see this ending well for him. He is going to be even more miserable then he already is. Did he talk about how much he is getting?

Howards doing America's Got Talent. Count me in as tuning in every night.
I haven't listened to his show in 2 years after being a long time fan. I got to say, this move to America's Got Talent is a really good one IMO. I think he is well suited to this type of critique is probably mature enough now that he can do so without swearing or being vulgar. Should probably bring in a new audience to his show.

Howard has had great relationship with Sharon and Howie Mandel for more then 20 years. The chemistry should be terrific. Lot of potential here.

More importantly it will be a great breath of fresh air for the radio show. Especially the publicity. Get some higher-profile guests.

Can't wait to hear Howard #####ing about all he happenings with AGT. Howard at his best when tired and grumpy.

I'm already a big biased fan but I really think this is in his wheelhouse and that he'll exceed expectations. I know it's a different format but I've heard enough of Stern with Sharon and Mandel to know that he's going to blow them out of the water.

Howard has had great relationship with Sharon and Howie Mandel for more then 20 years. The chemistry should be terrific. Lot of potential here.

More importantly it will be a great breath of fresh air for the radio show. Especially the publicity. Get some higher-profile guests.

Can't wait to hear Howard #####ing about all he happenings with AGT. Howard at his best when tired and grumpy.

I'm already a big biased fan but I really think this is in his wheelhouse and that he'll exceed expectations. I know it's a different format but I've heard enough of Stern with Sharon and Mandel to know that he's going to blow them out of the water.
This is the biggest load of crap that always gets brought up. They bring in high profile guests all the time.

This is the biggest load of crap that always gets brought up. They bring in high profile guests all the time.
If all the time you mean once every few months. If Joan Rivers and Kevin Nealon are regulars then you are having a hard time attracting guests.Lady Gaga, Chris Martin and Ben Stiller. Yeah all big-time guests. But really only like 8-10 of those types at most for an entire year. Not that impressive when you consider J. Fallon can get that many in 2 weeks.

If all the time you mean once every few months. If Joan Rivers and Kevin Nealon are regulars then you are having a hard time attracting guests.Lady Gaga, Chris Martin and Ben Stiller. Yeah all big-time guests. But really only like 8-10 of those types at most for an entire year. Not that impressive when you consider J. Fallon can get that many in 2 weeks.
Yeah but thats not Howards show. How long have you listened? Its never been about having guests on constantly. IMO the show is better with as few guests as possible.

regardless of who the guest is, I always find something entertaining about the interview because Howard is such a good interviewer. There was once exception and that was the first time he had Tila Tiqula on. That was the worst thing I have heard in the history of radio. The second time she was on was stupid with her personalities but was better then the first

Yeah but thats not Howards show. How long have you listened? Its never been about having guests on constantly. IMO the show is better with as few guests as possible.
If the point is that maybe this will give Howard a more mainstream image and more high profile celebs won't be as afraid to come in, I can buy that. The reason guests will do a late night show like Fallon is because they know it's nothing but softball questions and they can promote their product without fear of exposing themselves in any way. That's not what happens when you come on Howard. I've heard countless celebs say they have big name friends who are huge fans but are just afraid to come in. Jack Nicholson for example. He's turned down guests in the past because they put in specific requests not to ask certain questions.I'm with you. I don't mind the big celeb interview every now and then but much prefer the in-house banter and lesser known celebs. I'd hate for the show to just be big name interviews every day.

They were actually talking about this the other day with Dexter
Was that the wrap-up show or was he on the actual show?I couldn't listen to the interview on the wrapup show in fear of spoilers. We only just started Season 3.

Was that the wrap-up show or was he on the actual show?I couldn't listen to the interview on the wrapup show in fear of spoilers. We only just started Season 3.
It was during the regular show. Someone called and said how great Dexter was and Gary said they tried to book him and he would not come on. He did go on Geektime though. So they did this whole role play where Howard was Dexter and Gary was Howard. Howard tried to give answers but Robin pointed out its a lot easier when its not you. Nothing ruined in terms of the show from what I heard

It was during the regular show. Someone called and said how great Dexter was and Gary said they tried to book him and he would not come on. He did go on Geektime though. So they did this whole role play where Howard was Dexter and Gary was Howard. Howard tried to give answers but Robin pointed out its a lot easier when its not you. Nothing ruined in terms of the show from what I heard
The best part of this whole conversation was listening to how Gary works. He talked about how if they really wanted him in there he thinks they could have had him in but Gary was worried it was going to ruin Dexter for him so he didn't push too hard. I thought that was really interesting. I think Gary is really really good at his job.Can't wait to see stern on AGT and then listen to him complain in the mornings.

It was during the regular show. Someone called and said how great Dexter was and Gary said they tried to book him and he would not come on. He did go on Geektime wthough. So they did this whole role play where Howard was Dexter and Gary was Howard. Howard tried to give answers but Robin pointed out its a lot easier when its not you. Nothing ruined in terms of the show from what I heard
That's right, it was geektime not the wrapup show. Heard that last Friday. I didn't hear the segment on the show.

If the point is that maybe this will give Howard a more mainstream image and more high profile celebs won't be as afraid to come in, I can buy that. The reason guests will do a late night show like Fallon is because they know it's nothing but softball questions and they can promote their product without fear of exposing themselves in any way. That's not what happens when you come on Howard. I've heard countless celebs say they have big name friends who are huge fans but are just afraid to come in. Jack Nicholson for example. He's turned down guests in the past because they put in specific requests not to ask certain questions.I'm with you. I don't mind the big celeb interview every now and then but much prefer the in-house banter and lesser known celebs. I'd hate for the show to just be big name interviews every day.
Listened to the show since '94 maye a bit earlier.I would agree that having guests on all the time would not be good for the show. The Eric the Midget interview with the showrunner of "In Plain Sight" was better then 99% of celebrity interviews.

Not having a lot of guests is fine. But I wish the few that they do decide to do are good ones. Fact that J. Rivers is on twice a year shows they have trouble getting guests. Was listening to some shuffle the other day and E. Griffin was on. It was hilarious. Just seems like they don't even get those type of guests anymore.

I understand why guests are avoiding the show. Can be risky. In the past Howard had such a large audience that someone like E. Griffin would do it anyway. Not so much anymore. What I hope is Howard kills it on AGT and either audience for the radio show expandes or guests won't be as afraid to come on.

The SNL specials have been some of the best they've ever had. Terrific.

Norm is just gold. Stories about Norm are gold. Norm would be perfect in the Jackie/Artie chair. Obviously would never happen. But he'd be perfect. Sucks.

Breur doing Tracey Morgan is a riot. "I'm a grown man. I got kids.: Great Farley stories too.

Everyone goofing on Will Ferrell. :lmao:

How bad was the mid 80's interview of Eddie Murphy? Brutal on every level.

Norm goofing on Chris Kattan. :lmao:

Everyone agreeing Schneider was talented but an #####.

Good stuff. :thumbup:

Pretty obvious that SFN was shutdown in order to reboot for new traffic due to the AGT announcement.

So the whole thing was staged with Eric the Midget complaining about it and Howard jumping on that.

This top 40 of the year is terrific. Started listening again about threee months ago after a year lapse.

The Maria Menenous interview was a riot. Her husband is a true superfan and he really played along. David Arquette was hilarious in this too. Telling Maria to at least give her husband a ####### on his birthday.

John the big balsac guy. Geez, what a gambit of emotions. Squirming as he talks of how uncomfortable his 100lb ball is. Then borderline in :cry: as he recounts the lack of care various hospitals have given him as well as it's been more then three years of him carrying this monstrosity around. Shocking that no one has gone out of their way to help this guy. For god's sake his ball got so big his penis inverted into his body. Guy had a great attitude and was a big fan. Sure hope Howard went out of his way afterwards to help this guy out somehow.

Ronnie and his 27-year-old girlfriend and all the details. :eek: Reason he didn't want to say "love" is even he know's how silly the relationship appears. But props to Ronnie, the way Manson, correctly, described what she probably does to him was :excited: .

Norm was great but I missed the Kattan part. Listened to Kattan talking about Norm at least... Subscribed to Norm's Twitter the other day but looks like he doesn't tweet very often.

Tracey Morgan was LOL funny all the way.

Having this week off, I have only heard a handful of the best. I have heard most of them except the one with the Foo Fighters. Anyone know where I can get a list of the countdown?

I searched Sterns site and nothing.

I would think the Gaga interview is 1 but I don't know if she has already gone

I would take the GaGa, chris martin and billy Joel interviews over anything fallon's ever done. And i never really cared about GaGa or coldplay one bit.

Anyone checked out SFN lately?

Mutt shut the site down for a while and recently reopened it with a new commitment to clean, wholesome Stern talk. Naturally, the regulars over there are not happy. Kind of funny though - they are all being sarcastically nice and polite.

Users who are viewing this thread