What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electric Cars (Tesla and Others) (3 Viewers)

The S is a better vehicle in just about every way imaginable than those. Plus it is a status symbol.

Almost pulled the trigger on buying in before the announcement but decided to wait until what I imagine is an inevitable pre-delivery decline.

Its probably already been mentioned, but just in case not, I didn't know until now that once an automaker reaches 200k ev sales in the US, the $7.5k tax credit begins phasing out and becomes zero no later than 18 months later.  Unless I'm mis-reading the mumbo jumbo tax lingo.

Link

Interesting link. I'm surprised the Model S outsold the Leaf and Volt combined.
I'm interested in how every month of sales for Tesla is ends in a zero.  Are these estimates, sales, deliveries, US deliveries?  Why does Tesla get different rules then the rest of the auto industry?  Where is Tesla booking these deposits?  They are not revenue and are refundable in theory.  How many other autos use non-GAAP accounting?

Late 2014 Tesla had reservations for 23K Model X SUVs.  They said any additional orders may not get built until 2016.  214 total Model X were delivered by Dec 31, 2015.

The cars are amazing - the company is a cluster.

Tesla didn't sell a single Model 3. A $1,000 refundable deposit is not a sale. <_<
I kind of doubt the 270,000 pre-order number is even legit. Elon always seems to fudge numbers (and delivery dates and sales projections). My guess is that the the model 3 pre-order numbers are goosed by insiders/stock holders/investment bankers to help inflate the stock price and then issue a secondary offering sometime soon. 

They only sold 14,000 cars this Q, and probably won't hit their projections of 80,000 cars sold this year. Despite what Elon says, Tesla will need to raise cash and their sky high stock price is the best way to do that. 

Interesting. Is that why the price on Tesla cratered?
Early trading today was based on acquisition.  Tesla needs to focus on launching the Model 3, improving their production system and quality, and make a profit.  This feels like they want to sell you solar panels for your home as an accessory to your car.

Wow.... didn't realize how inbred these two companies are. Musk owns both and sits as chairman of both. Another board member is on both. The CEO and other top exec are Musk 1st cousins. Another Exec of Tesla sits on Solar City board.

The acquisition is about preventing a margin call that would send the price of both stocks into the toilet. 

Great car, but the company is shady. Loved when Goldman upgraded in May, stock popped big and the next day Tesla announces they are doing a secondary offering and Goldman is the lead banker. They don't even try to hide the scam anymore. This after Elon pimps the Model 3 "presales" for a month to fatten up the stock price. Still a heavy leveraged company with small sales. Now the timing of this acquisition that uses Tesla cash and increases their debt even more to save his families other struggling company?

Great car, but the company is shady. Loved when Goldman upgraded in May, stock popped big and the next day Tesla announces they are doing a secondary offering and Goldman is the lead banker. They don't even try to hide the scam anymore. This after Elon pimps the Model 3 "presales" for a month to fatten up the stock price. Still a heavy leveraged company with small sales. Now the timing of this acquisition that uses Tesla cash and increases their debt even more to save his families other struggling company?
And the price of which they are buying Solar City is awfully high in terms of valuation.

You would think the corporate governance issues will be too significant to allow the deal to go through. Heck, Musk may be forced to back out just on the reaction of share holders.

Just test drove a P90D with the ludicrous upgrade.  0-60 in 2.8 seconds.  That was the coolest thing I've ever driven. It freaking parks itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goldman involved in something shady?  GASP.

Those #### suckers think they are above the law.  It pains me to see their leaders not already in jail.  

Just test drove a P90D with the ludicrous upgrade.  0-60 in 2.8 seconds.  That was the coolest thing I've ever driven. It freaking parks itself.
So ludicrous mode is working fine.  Good.  Now if they could only fix their stupid web service.

fantasycurse42 said:
You only pay when you use it, no reason not to have one.

Clearly didn't read the OP or poll. No surprise the person who liked your post prob didn't either.

Smart man right here.

This is brilliant. Sorta like an extra tax on the stupid or lazy.
Quote system - 1

Fantasycurse - 0

any opinions?  What's bad about the web service?
I shouldn't have vented here.  Has nothing to do with the product.  Product is great.  A lot of things will have to be improved in the production process to hit their lofty (volume) goals.

https://www.tesla.com/blog/master-plan-part-deux

Short version:

-Create stunning solar roofs with seamlessly integrated battery storage

-Expand the electric vehicle product line to address all major segments

-Develop a self-driving capability that is 10X safer than manual via massive fleet learning

-Enable your car to make money for you when you aren't using it

musk is going after Uber eventually!

CNN Money Article

Interesting look at the culture at Tesla.  It doesn't feel like an auto company which is why many surely like it.  

Tesla doesn't have 50+ years of recalls and safety issues to learn from.  The stories, taken with a grain of salt, appear to show a management team that doesn't get it.  

CNN Money Article

Interesting look at the culture at Tesla.  It doesn't feel like an auto company which is why many surely like it.  

Tesla doesn't have 50+ years of recalls and safety issues to learn from.  The stories, taken with a grain of salt, appear to show a management team that doesn't get it.  
A techie culture in a heavily regulated industry is a bad fit.  They are going to have to find a way to something with more middle ground.

I've seen a bunch of BMW i8s in my neighborhood recently.  Things are so awesome.  They look like they came from the future,

Delivery Appointment for my S75 is Monday :thumbup:
Please let us know how the delivery experience goes.  How was the sales process?  Did you get to test drive a S75 before purchasing?  I was trying to figure out the differences between their  sedan models - This helped a bit

Congrats on the car.  It looks to be a blast to drive.

IDK, as a general priced hybrid, the Bolt looks pretty good. Biggest plus is the cargo space. Most hybrids are sedan- or hatch back-type.  

When I was shopping,  I narrowed it down to the Ford C-Max (which I bought) and the Chevy Volt. I really liked both but in the end, the overall interior height of the Volt was too low for me (average height, 5' 11") . And the C-max gave me more upright cargo space in the back—Its more of a vertical hatchback where the Volt's rear was slopped. The knock on the C-max though is that the battery took up a decent chunk of the cargo area

Seems the Bolt solved both of those issues for me. I'd consider it when my lease is up.    

IDK, as a general priced hybrid, the Bolt looks pretty good. Biggest plus is the cargo space. Most hybrids are sedan- or hatch back-type.  

When I was shopping,  I narrowed it down to the Ford C-Max (which I bought) and the Chevy Volt. I really liked both but in the end, the overall interior height of the Volt was too low for me (average height, 5' 11") . And the C-max gave me more upright cargo space in the back—Its more of a vertical hatchback where the Volt's rear was slopped. The knock on the C-max though is that the battery took up a decent chunk of the cargo area

Seems the Bolt solved both of those issues for me. I'd consider it when my lease is up.    
I am driving a Fusion Energi and I can't fit my golf clubs in the trunk.  The fuel economy is great but I end up taking my wife's Flex to soccer and scouts.

I am driving a Fusion Energi and I can't fit my golf clubs in the trunk.  The fuel economy is great but I end up taking my wife's Flex to soccer and scouts.
I hear you. I'm an ice hockey goalie and my kids play ice hockey. I've always drove pickups or SUVs so cargo was never an issue. So when we were shopping, being able to get my gear bag in the car was a top level factor.

Fast forward, We had the deal for the C-max pretty much nailed down, I told the sales guy that it hinged on 1 thing...my gear. So he told me to come back with it. When I did and saw the size of my bag, the look on his face was priceless. Anyway, obv it fit, sort of. I need to put the seat down and I can't keep my leg pads inside the bag, they load separately, but overall it worked...barely. lol 

Users who are viewing this thread