What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (4 Viewers)

In late January 2007 I was flying back from the PGA show in Orlando. My co-worker and I were sitting in the terminal in Orlando waiting to board the plane. We saw this amazingly hot chick and were just wishing she would be sitting next to one fo us. As we got on the plane she ended up sitting next to me. I spent the next 5 hours talking, sporadically, to her. Turns out she was an actress and had done a bunch of episodic stuff like Cold Case and CSI: Miami and that type of stuff. She was in Orlando because she had worked a sci-fi convention and at one time had been on Firefly. She told me that she had a part on this new show that was going to be premiering on A&E called Mad Men. I kind of blew it off because it was going to be on A&E, how good could it really be?

Now I wish I had pursued getting the number of Christina Hendricks a little harder than I did, but unfortunately, I was married at the time and it never entered my mind.

And she was smoking hot in person, although her hair was really short, even in normal everyday clothes.

In late January 2007 I was flying back from the PGA show in Orlando. My co-worker and I were sitting in the terminal in Orlando waiting to board the plane. We saw this amazingly hot chick and were just wishing she would be sitting next to one fo us. As we got on the plane she ended up sitting next to me. I spent the next 5 hours talking, sporadically, to her. Turns out she was an actress and had done a bunch of episodic stuff like Cold Case and CSI: Miami and that type of stuff. She was in Orlando because she had worked a sci-fi convention and at one time had been on Firefly. She told me that she had a part on this new show that was going to be premiering on A&E called Mad Men. I kind of blew it off because it was going to be on A&E, how good could it really be?Now I wish I had pursued getting the number of Christina Hendricks a little harder than I did, but unfortunately, I was married at the time and it never entered my mind.And she was smoking hot in person, although her hair was really short, even in normal everyday clothes.
She didn't mention Firefly? She was recurring in that.

In late January 2007 I was flying back from the PGA show in Orlando. My co-worker and I were sitting in the terminal in Orlando waiting to board the plane. We saw this amazingly hot chick and were just wishing she would be sitting next to one fo us. As we got on the plane she ended up sitting next to me. I spent the next 5 hours talking, sporadically, to her. Turns out she was an actress and had done a bunch of episodic stuff like Cold Case and CSI: Miami and that type of stuff. She was in Orlando because she had worked a sci-fi convention and at one time had been on Firefly. She told me that she had a part on this new show that was going to be premiering on A&E called Mad Men. I kind of blew it off because it was going to be on A&E, how good could it really be?

Now I wish I had pursued getting the number of Christina Hendricks a little harder than I did, but unfortunately, I was married at the time and it never entered my mind.

And she was smoking hot in person, although her hair was really short, even in normal everyday clothes.
She did, I bolded where she talked about that.

She did, I bolded where she talked about that.
Ah, I apparently went illiterate all of a sudden.

I like the fact that the show isn't predictable. MOST, if not, ALL shows would have Draper begging to come back to his wife but it was clear at the end of the night that he wasn't upset and didn't want to go back.
I'm kinda thinking Draper wouldn't leave to begin with. It's his house and by leaving he's admitting he cheated. I'm just thinking a guy in his position and in those days would just stay and force the wife to run home to her mother.Some great and funny moments in the episode. Amazing writing as usual.
How can he love his family when he doesn't even love himself? Guy doesn't even want to be himself so it doesn't surprise me that he's not putting up a fight. As the latest episode points out when his wife told him "Don, you don't have to pretend, nobody's around" or something like that.Remember, this is the guy who really wanted to run off with his side dish from the East Village when he got his fat bonus check and didn't even blink an eye when it was brought up that he would be leaving his children.

I don't think he's forcing the issue because he's actually relieved. He was so blatant in his escapades that it showed that he actually wanted this to happen.

And he felt up his daughter. If he didn't have Alzheimer's I would have thought perhaps something happened when she was younger...
ick;was mixing her up with his wife in the part i saw.
Right. I don't think it hints at anything inappropriate with her when she was younger. It just shows how Alzheimer's affects a person. He think she's his wife. But even then, when he was't sick he never would have felt up his wife like that in front of other people in the dining room.

And he felt up his daughter. If he didn't have Alzheimer's I would have thought perhaps something happened when she was younger...
Yea some strange stuff there and wouldn't be 100% shocked if something comes out from that. Especially when she later began to hold that's boys hand while watching TV. Very inappropriate and/or she was regressing as if she was a little girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right. I don't think it hints at anything inappropriate with her when she was younger. It just shows how Alzheimer's affects a person. He think she's his wife. But even then, when he was't sick he never would have felt up his wife like that in front of other people in the dining room.
But what about holding hands and sitting next to the little boy on her couch later? I think there could be some connection there...

But what about holding hands and sitting next to the little boy on her couch later? I think there could be some connection there...
What does that have to do with her father's Alzheimer's?

Probably nothing but found it odd that he grabbed his daughter's breast which could suggest something happened when she was younger. As a result, when she got home she reverted to when she was a child, hence the reason why she had zero problem holding the little boy's hand and sitting tightly next to him. It wasn't until he went further that she looked to have snapped out of it. Heck, she and the little boy perhaps were both abused the reason at times they are abnormally close. Remember, the boy wanted a piece of her hair which she gave him in the first season which is not normal.

Probably nothing but found it odd that he grabbed his daughter's breast which could suggest something happened when she was younger. As a result, when she got home she reverted to when she was a child, hence the reason why she had zero problem holding the little boy's hand and sitting tightly next to him. It wasn't until he went further that she looked to have snapped out of it. Heck, she and the little boy perhaps were both abused the reason at times they are abnormally close. Remember, the boy wanted a piece of her hair which she gave him in the first season which is not normal.
I don't think what the dad did had anything to do with something inappropriate from her childhood. The guy kept confusing his daughter with his dead wife. I don't think it is anything more than that.As far as her weird relationship with Kid Creapo from down the block I still haven't figured it out yet. It's strange but I think it is innocent on both sides.

That was my favorite episode this season. This show looks so good. Every detail is right on. The California scenes were great, especially the Palm Springs house. Don navigates some strange worlds. I'm not sure I like Duck's power grab. Funny how he seems almost competent when he drinks. This might not end well for Sterling Cooper. Great show.

ericttspikes said:
That was my favorite episode this season. This show looks so good. Every detail is right on. The California scenes were great, especially the Palm Springs house. Don navigates some strange worlds. I'm not sure I like Duck's power grab. Funny how he seems almost competent when he drinks. This might not end well for Sterling Cooper. Great show.
I was not into the California Draper stuff. Didn't work for me. But the buyout story with Duck could be great. If I understand this correctly, Draper would work under Duck - which will certainly make for a lot of conflict.

Mystery Achiever said:
Didn't catch part of what he said --Who did Don call at the end of the show who he wanted to go see? Or was it left open ended?
It was left open-ended.Another great episode. 'So Kurt's a pervert?'

I was not into the California Draper stuff. Didn't work for me.
I tend to agree. I could see Draper leaving Campbell high and dry for one meeting, but for that length of time? Of course, that he was with that hot chick made it easier to believe. :no:

Mystery Achiever said:
Didn't catch part of what he said --Who did Don call at the end of the show who he wanted to go see? Or was it left open ended?
:goodposting: I loved Cosgrove's deadpan "Kurt's gay" when they were filling Pete in on what happened while he was in L.A.

ericttspikes said:
I think there is a good chance that his drink was laced.

I tend to agree. I could see Draper leaving Campbell high and dry for one meeting, but for that length of time? Of course, that he was with that hot chick made it easier to believe. :hophead:
That was the first time this season where I kind of checked out. Clearly, this California luxury house is sort of a Soddom and Gommorah - further plunging Draper into his world of wreckless decedance. But I was bored.

Mystery Achiever said:
:hophead: I loved Cosgrove's deadpan "Kurt's gay" when they were filling Pete in on what happened while he was in L.A.
Didn't hey say something less PC like "Kurt's a homo"? Either way it was awesome.

ericttspikes said:
Seriously? He took like 2 sips and then passed out 20 seconds later. What was it laced with? ACME knock-out drops?

ericttspikes said:
Seriously? He took like 2 sips and then passed out 20 seconds later. What was it laced with? ACME knock-out drops?
They were about to give him an inject, when he awoke. What happened when he was out?He stared at hat drink later as if to question it. He was a sloth, and Don isnt a sloth.Recall, the one guy is a doctor. :hophead:

ericttspikes said:
They were about to give him an inject, when he awoke. What happened when he was out?He stared at hat drink later as if to question it. He was a sloth, and Don isnt a sloth. :shrug:
You need to watch it again.

ericttspikes said:
They were about to give him an inject, when he awoke. What happened when he was out?He stared at hat drink later as if to question it. He was a sloth, and Don isnt a sloth. :shrug:
I did. ;)

ericttspikes said:
They were about to give him an inject, when he awoke. What happened when he was out?He stared at hat drink later as if to question it. He was a sloth, and Don isnt a sloth.Recall, the one guy is a doctor. :shrug:
Why would they drug him?He was there as a plaything for Joy. Who's into sex. Good sex.

ericttspikes said:
They were about to give him an inject, when he awoke. What happened when he was out?He stared at hat drink later as if to question it. He was a sloth, and Don isnt a sloth. :lmao:
I did. :lmao:
So Joy shows up in Palm Springs with Don. She's the only one that knows he's coming. They go outside and get a drink from that couple that fought all the time. Don and Joy drink the same stuff that the couple is drinking (champagne?). Don gets dizzy and passes out. So there was some grand conspiracy to slip Don a mickey. And it all happened in the 1 minute between Don and Joy pulling up and them getting a drink.

ericttspikes said:
They were about to give him an inject, when he awoke. What happened when he was out?He stared at hat drink later as if to question it. He was a sloth, and Don isnt a sloth. :loco:
Actually, I assumed they put something fishy in Don's drink, as well.

It's certainly possible they put something in his drink.

That woman from the car dealership is probably coming back into play, that's my guess who he was on the phone with, she seemed to recognize him from his past.

Joy was ridiculously hot. Wow.

That was the first time this season where I kind of checked out. Clearly, this California luxury house is sort of a Soddom and Gommorah - further plunging Draper into his world of wreckless decedance. But I was bored.
Me too - I'd much rather see the ad agency stuff than a big focus on Draper's increasingly weird life.I realize the whole dual identity thing has been there from the beginning, but I see it as almost unnecessary. IMHO, it doesn't add much (if anything) to the show, and could really detract from it if they take it too far. I really hope we don't see a "Don on some odd journey" story arc for a good chunk of the next few episodes.

Me too - I'd much rather see the ad agency stuff than a big focus on Draper's increasingly weird life.I realize the whole dual identity thing has been there from the beginning, but I see it as almost unnecessary. IMHO, it doesn't add much (if anything) to the show, and could really detract from it if they take it too far. I really hope we don't see a "Don on some odd journey" story arc for a good chunk of the next few episodes.
I think Draper is a very interesting character without all this double-life stuff.

I also thought his drink was drugged. Regardless something fishy was going on, I mean who needs a shot to cure heat exhaustion?

And I think it's far more likely that joy's dad did things to her when she was growing up than betty's father doing anything to her

Users who are viewing this thread