What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's a Wonderful Life (1 Viewer)

Why is it so hard to believe that this tripe could be trashed? Let me see. In this movie if a person is a competent businessman then the movie says that you are an worthless POS, but be a complete totally incompetent F!n moron at your job and guess what? You're a saint.
You missed half the plot then. Potter is a competent businessman and unabashed thief who is ruining Bedford Falls/Pottersville with his business practices. The Baileys are also competent businessmen—one person made a single costly error by misplacing a large amount of cash that Potter decides to steal. The Bailey Building & Loan helped build a storybook town and enrich the lives of their neighbors. In the end, those neighbors decide George Bailey is deserving of compassion in the face of his time of hardship, the same type of compassion he and his family have been blessing Bedford Falls with during their lifetimes. It's completely over the top in the end. And it's wonderful that way.

Why is it so hard to believe that this tripe could be trashed? Let me see. In this movie if a person is a competent businessman then the movie says that you are an worthless POS, but be a complete totally incompetent F!n moron at your job and guess what? You're a saint.
You missed half the plot then. Potter is a competent businessman and unabashed thief who is ruining Bedford Falls/Pottersville with his business practices. The Baileys are also competent businessmen—one person made a single costly error by misplacing a large amount of cash that Potter decides to steal. The Bailey Building & Loan helped build a storybook town and enrich the lives of their neighbors. In the end, those neighbors decide George Bailey is deserving of compassion in the face of his time of hardship, the same type of compassion he and his family have been blessing Bedford Falls with during their lifetimes. It's completely over the top in the end. And it's wonderful that way.
:goodposting:

Sam Wainwright says Hee-Haw and go to hell!
Who says George wasn't competent? Even Mr. Potter agreed that George was the only other person (besides himself) who kept his head during the depression.Mr. Martini was a competent businessman too. So was Ernie the cabbie (assuming that he owned his own cab).

I do like the movie a lot. I don't, however, think it's even the best movie of 1946. I think the Oscars actually got it right when they named The Best Years of Our Lives the best picture that year.

And the radiance of love in Donna Reed's pure, clear face is the reason why of reasons why. Finestkind.
This.I rank it with Gone With The Wind and Casablanca.great, great movies.
I watched Gone With the Wind and thought "What is all the hype about?" I think it's like how the English Patient got so much hype. Or maybe it was that generations Twilight. Clark Gable's character was the only good part.
I can't believe you just compared Gone with the Wind and Twilight.

:goodposting:

And the radiance of love in Donna Reed's pure, clear face is the reason why of reasons why. Finestkind.
I watched Gone With the Wind and thought "What is all the hype about?" I think it's like how the English Patient got so much hype. Or maybe it was that generations Twilight. Clark Gable's character was the only good part.
I've seen Gone With the Wind referred to as "the most beloved bad movie of all time." Pauline Kael, probably the most influential American film critic of all time, didn't like Gone With the Wind.

'scoobygang said:
'Hybrid said:
I've seen Gone With the Wind referred to as "the most beloved bad movie of all time." Pauline Kael, probably the most influential American film critic of all time, didn't like Gone With the Wind.
I don't really care for Gone either.

I am not sure if it is the best movie ever, but I do know I will watch it at least once a year for the rest of my life. Not sure if I can say that about any other movie.

This movie sucks and everyone who loves it sucks. The best Christmas movie of all time is Buñuel's Le crotte de le cheval dérangé de Noël. You can't get it on DVD or anything but they show it once a year on Christmas Eve at the Cines Aragonia. If you don't weep during the orgy scene you're not human.

This movie sucks and everyone who loves it sucks. The best Christmas movie of all time is Buñuel's Le crotte de le cheval dérangé de Noël. You can't get it on DVD or anything but they show it once a year on Christmas Eve at the Cines Aragonia. If you don't weep during the orgy scene you're not human.
:thumbup: and when Gerard lifts the horse's tail to stare at le œil brun de l'indifference before making a gift of his ennui to Yvette is a triumph!!

Users who are viewing this thread