What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike and the Mad Dog show (Not Done!) (2 Viewers)

BRING ON DOGGIE!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH HELLLOOOOOOO EVREEEBOTTY!

Was just looking at twitter. One of my buddies retweeted an RN funhouse tweet. 

#worldscolliding

A caller was critical of Mike's interviewing skills this morning. Mike got upset and said "ughkay" every two seconds. https://t.co/G1Wb4r37Ah

Last edited by a moderator:
Raider Nation said:
Some guy was squatting on my RNs_Funhouse account. He grabbed it as soon as I got rid of it, and now he's selling erection pills. So there's that. He's only got 1 2 followers so far, but it's still early.
I'm heading on over as we speak!

Raider Nation said:
Some guy was squatting on my RNs_Funhouse account. He grabbed it as soon as I got rid of it, and now he's selling erection pills. So there's that. He's only got 1 follower so far, but it's still early.
Ya wanna getta bona?

:lmao: :lmao:   at your FAQ tweet - agreed on Flo, she's gotta go  :thumbup:

still recall hearing the Pope for the first time, some 30 years ago now, is it?  they replaced "Old Acid Breath" (or, OAB, as per Mushnick) Pete Franklin, if i recall ... or did Schmoozy get the gig before them?

anyways, was surprised to see Doggy tagging along ... his show on WMCA was a total crapfest, and i used to call him when i was wired the hell up - you could get through quite easily, never longer than a few minutes on hold, if at all -  man, did i bounce some ridiculous #### off of him - but, to his credit, he was never dismissive or impolite ... just goofy and scatter brained and ill-prepared as all hell.  ergo, when i saw that he was a 'talent' the FAN was banking on, i was kinda   :shock:

haven't listened to Mike in awhile, but ... it's Derby season, and we all know what a wealth of knowledge he has regarding the Sport of Kings ... won't build my ticket 'til i hear his spin on things - just so's i can go the other way - hope he hates Gunnevera.  

I've not been a huge fan and only really started to listed to him when Mad Dog left but I have no shame in saying I am going to miss him when he is gone.

He is a total blowhard but I think I just enjoy his constant voice.
Kinda like a PITA family member that can drive you nuts but is always there at every family function and provides some entertainment.

This guy was a stone's throw from the white house and now is having trouble catching on as Francesca's eventual replacement

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/governor-chris-christie-complains-about-his-sports-radio-audition/
Francesca could no longer be Francesca's replacement.

Fatman Ego ##### is getting out at just the right time. His shtick is both old and at this point, outdated. The industry has, as they say, passed him by.

Honestly I should have more sadness with Mike going off air. He and Dog were seminal parts of my life well into my thirties. A LOT of history and within groups of friends and strangers, a common history and experience at that.

I had just been so turned off by Mike over the last decade though I'm just happy to see it go.

Still love me some Doggie - in 3-5 min increments a couple times a week. 

In my early 20's I had to be near a radio for those 5 hours, especially during baseball season. So hilarious to think back on the Jeff Torborg Report. The Mets were out of it by the All Star break and this poor putz had to do a daily spot getting grilled by Mike & Chris for 15 minutes. They would mock the guy every single day before and after the interview, and almost complain about having to talk to him. Finally it's September, the Mets are 30 games below .500 and they're asking Jeff "So........family doing good? Hot out today." :lmao:  

Local guy from Detroit 97.1 Mike Valenti is filling in on his show this week and tearing it up. Hope he gets the gig. He deserves it. 

Fatman Ego ##### is getting out at just the right time. His shtick is both old and at this point, outdated. The industry has, as they say, passed him by.
The industry?  You mean the sports-talk radio industry?  Always has and will be horrible and entertaining only as a trainwreck sideshow.

Users who are viewing this thread