What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (5 Viewers)

I got a golf clothes ad last week and noticed the men modeling the ads were wearing shorts that were quite a bit shorter than what we have been used to.  3-4 inches above the knee.   Then watching the LSU-Michigan BB game I noticed 2 LSU players had what was almost the 80s look in BB shorts on.  A little longer than 80s but way shorter than usual.  

So I went on some fashion sites and it appears the shorter shorts are making a come back in style magazines and ads.         Anyone jumping back in?
the 80s are back, man

Coming out of covid hibernation in a few weeks for a week at the beach in OCMD.  Also have trips planned in the summer and early fall to Jamaica and Key West.  Need some new beachy type clothes.  What's your post-covid beach style for shorts, shirts, swimsuits, sandals, etc?

Coming out of covid hibernation in a few weeks for a week at the beach in OCMD.  Also have trips planned in the summer and early fall to Jamaica and Key West.  Need some new beachy type clothes.  What's your post-covid beach style for shorts, shirts, swimsuits, sandals, etc?
It really depends on your body type.

45 yo - 6'0" - 190lbs - "Skinny fat" but working on it, body fat down from 28% to 21% but no gun show yet, maybe .22's.
Average Weight & Heavyset, got it

in that case I’d go Tommy Bahama shirt, cargo shorts, crocs

(joking GB)

Average Weight & Heavyset, got it

in that case I’d go Tommy Bahama shirt, cargo shorts, crocs

(joking GB)
I think "heavyset" may be overstating it.   :topcat:   I look thinner, my fat is hiding out around my gut, hence "skinny fat".  I think I may have just crossed the chest bigger than gut threshold.

I already have the cargo shorts.  I love these things and have been wearing them for years, so light and functional...  Shorts   :scared:

Get some well fitting shorts, should finish a couple inches above knee. Pair w well fitting plain polo (no logos). The key here is not to complicate it. 

remember, once night falls lose the shorts and sandals. 

I got a golf clothes ad last week and noticed the men modeling the ads were wearing shorts that were quite a bit shorter than what we have been used to.  3-4 inches above the knee.   Then watching the LSU-Michigan BB game I noticed 2 LSU players had what was almost the 80s look in BB shorts on.  A little longer than 80s but way shorter than usual.  

So I went on some fashion sites and it appears the shorter shorts are making a come back in style magazines and ads.         Anyone jumping back in?
the 80s are back, man
back ...and loving it!!!

I'll have none of what they're selling if what they're selling is short shorts. I'll leave that for the women and the dandies. Forget about that.

am also in need of shorts. 

been wearing Vuori Banks shorts for casual, out at the park, going for walk, etc. but need something a little nicer to pair up with a button down.

on one hand, i feel like shorts can't be dressed up.. they're cutoff pants.. but t-shirts don't work in every situation either.. and i'm not wearing pants when it's 93 with high humidity.

Shorts: They don't need to be "short shorts" but they should stop above the knee.   Imagine your knee as a circle...shorts should end at the top of the circle (not in the middle or bottom of the circle)

Swimsuits:  Should be shorter than your regular shorts.  I've converted to 5.5".   Chubbies 5.5" trunks with the compression liner are :style: and comfortable.   Not cheap though....$70 each.

Summer Shirts:  Just load up on some V-neck solid t's.   I just discovered FreshCleanTees.com.  Bought 2 to start to see fit and quality....just bought about 6 more in misc. colors.  $17 each

Summer Shoes:  Find some comfy solid white low cut shoes and get some no-show socks.  I also just got some slip on vans for the pool and beach (checkered or solid white both good)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think "heavyset" may be overstating it.   :topcat:   I look thinner, my fat is hiding out around my gut, hence "skinny fat".  I think I may have just crossed the chest bigger than gut threshold.

I already have the cargo shorts.  I love these things and have been wearing them for years, so light and functional...  Shorts   :scared:
Those cargos aren't ideal, but not terrible either.    As along as the pockets are close to the leg and don't potrude out you can get away with it.  Less baggy and stop at the top of the knee circle would be much better.

Summer Shirts:  Just load up on some V-neck solid t's.   I just discovered FreshCleanTees.com.  Bought 2 to start to see fit and quality....just bought about 6 more in misc. colors.  $17 each
Thanks!  I was looking at FreshCleanTees and googled reviews before trying them and found this thread about the wholesaler they may be getting from and just marking up if you're interested in more.  May buy some through there and see how they are...

FCT Info on Reddit

Thanks!  I was looking at FreshCleanTees and googled reviews before trying them and found this thread about the wholesaler they may be getting from and just marking up if you're interested in more.  May buy some through there and see how they are...

FCT Info on Reddit
:blackdot: just bought a few from this link.  arriving on Friday.

$4.79/ea. plus shipping ($8 to my address).  free shipping if spending $59+.

Shorts: They don't need to be "short shorts" but they should stop above the knee.   Imagine your knee as a circle...shorts should end at the top of the circle (not in the middle or bottom of the circle)

Swimsuits:  Should be shorter than your regular shorts.  I've converted to 5.5".   Chubbies 5.5" trunks with the compression liner are :style: and comfortable.   Not cheap though....$70 each.

Summer Shoes:  Find some comfy solid white low cut shoes and get some no-show socks.  I also just got some slip on vans for the pool and beach (checkered or solid white both good)
Bingo. 

LOVE These LuluLemon 7" Warpstreme Chino shorts. GF got me a couple pair before Costa Rica and wore them everywhere. By far the most comfortable shorts I've ever owned. Dress up or go casual.. they work. I'll be getting more. 

For Running/workouts these cheap Baleaf 5" shorts are great at $18ish. Lots of colors. Back zipped key pocked plus regular pockets. Very comfy. Very lightweight. Available with or without mesh. Amazon link may not work. They're okay for swimsuits as well, but can cling a bit when getting out of the water due to the very thin fabric. I live in these for running, workouts, yardwork, etc. I think I have 6 pair in various colors? 

Summer Shirts: Agreed V-Neck Solid Tees. I live in Bella+Canvas Tri-Blend V-Necks. About $10ea, and come in a bajillion colors. Insanely comfy. Great Drape. Hold up to repeated washes. Lightweight in the heat. Probably have 15-20 of these in various colors. 

Summer Shoes: Cole Haan Zerogrand Oxfords... sockless. 

Those shorts are awful.  So ugly and way too short.  
:lol:  Tell me you're an out of touch old dude without telling me you're an out of touch old dude. :D  

Feel free to stick with the shin-length cargo shorts and cheesy Target graphic-tees, mane... but this aint the thread for you. 

Bingo. 

LOVE These LuluLemon 7" Warpstreme Chino shorts. GF got me a couple pair before Costa Rica and wore them everywhere. By far the most comfortable shorts I've ever owned. Dress up or go casual.. they work. I'll be getting more. 
these used to be worn by guys playing softball in the 70s and 80s.  same style. same basic material. just.. skin tight and a little shorter.

i'm guessing in person they look a little different, but i can't erase the association with my old man and his teammates wearing these all the time.

:lol:  Tell me you're an out of touch old dude without telling me you're an out of touch old dude. :D  

Feel free to stick with the shin-length cargo shorts and cheesy Target graphic-tees, mane... but this aint the thread for you. 
I thankfully don't see anyone wearing those nut huggers hiked up over their belly button around me but you do you!  😃

Bingo. 

For Running/workouts these cheap Baleaf 5" shorts are great at $18ish. Lots of colors. Back zipped key pocked plus regular pockets. Very comfy. Very lightweight. Available with or without mesh. Amazon link may not work. They're okay for swimsuits as well, but can cling a bit when getting out of the water due to the very thin fabric. I live in these for running, workouts, yardwork, etc. I think I have 6 pair in various colors? 

Summer Shirts: Agreed V-Neck Solid Tees. I live in Bella+Canvas Tri-Blend V-Necks. About $10ea, and come in a bajillion colors. Insanely comfy. Great Drape. Hold up to repeated washes. Lightweight in the heat. Probably have 15-20 of these in various colors. 

Summer Shoes: Cole Haan Zerogrand Oxfords... sockless. 
So what is so wrong with crew neck solid tees? 

What do you guys suggest for a small beach wedding in Jamaica?  

Shirt, pants, etc...

(Not my wedding)

mr. furley said:
these used to be worn by guys playing softball in the 70s and 80s.  same style. same basic material. just.. skin tight and a little shorter.

i'm guessing in person they look a little different, but i can't erase the association with my old man and his teammates wearing these all the time.
Material is definitely not the OG polyester softball stuff. Not sure what they did to these things but they stretch and move like athletic shorts. Killer product. 

Gilroy34 said:
I thankfully don't see anyone wearing those nut huggers hiked up over their belly button around me but you do you!  😃
7" Inseam are nuthuggers now, eh? You 12 feet tall?  :D

I'm 6' and they land around an inch above the top of my knee when standing. Shorts should not cover your knee or you look like a Cholo. Might as well wear a flannel with only the top button done and a flat bill Dodgers cap to complete the look. 

I'm 6' and they land around an inch above the top of my knee when standing. Shorts should not cover your knee or you look like a Cholo. Might as well wear a flannel with only the top button done and a flat bill Dodgers cap to complete the look. 
7" (right now) seems to be the perfect length for casual shorts

my running shorts are.... shorter.... and that works for running, but i can't see myself wearing them out to dinner or something.  maybe, though, just because i don't know how to pair em up with an appropriately styled shirt? 

The link you show is at least 3 inches above the knee which is painfully gross and ugly.  It doesn't help that the waist is hiked up like Urkel though.

The link you show is at least 3 inches above the knee which is painfully gross and ugly.  It doesn't help that the waist is hiked up like Urkel though.
Agreed 100% they are hiked up causing an issue. #wherestylegoeswrong

They actually stop a good bit lower than that wen you're not trying to align the belt buckle with your navel. :lol:  

Users who are viewing this thread