What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (10 Viewers)

If we had a real QB we would be in the playoffs.
a real QB plus a few more sure tacklers on defense, definitely in the playoffs. also Chud will have a years worth of head coaching experience under his belt.

Browns could easily be the most improved team next year, look at the Chiefs last year.

Yep, buh bye

@AdamSchefter: From @mortreport: Browns will be firing HC Rob Chudzinski, per league sources. HC search begins again.

Yeah, fire the coach because the offense looked bad.

I mean seriously, how can ANY coach fail with Weeden, Campbell, Mcgahee, some guy named Fozzy, Ogbanaya, and some other clown holding down the fort in the backfield with the ball in their hands every play.

I dont care about Chud, but this just makes a dumb team look dumber.

So the new coach is going to get rid of Gordon...

he'll go to Detroit or somewhere, where he becomes a legend and shatters every WR record that exists.

Am I about right?

:lmao:

What a failure of a front office. Chud helps Gordon to become arguably the best young WR in the game. People actually know who Jordan Cameron is now & every QB that start for him this year exceeded expectations (go watch Jason Campbell 2012).

Lombardi will be out of a job within 2 years & shouldn't even have been hired to begin with. Have fun with Josh McDaniels (or whatever yes guy you bring in)

Last edited by a moderator:
Only way this makes sense is if they have someone lined up they really want that isn't coaching a playoff team like Nick Saban or Urban Meyer.

so what is their reasoning behind this move?

what is the plan moving forward?

this just seems baffling right now.

I know the Browns were lining up for Kojo, but w the 4 pick, we have a legit shot at Clowney.

can we pass on him??

It has gotten so bad (for a while now) that the Steelers fans I work with don't even make fun of me any more when we lose or do something stupid, or even when we lose to them like today. I just get a "good game".

I know the Browns were lining up for Kojo, but w the 4 pick, we have a legit shot at Clowney.

can we pass on him??
I hope so. I dont want him. I would rather take a shot at one of the QBs (even though I dont love anyone in this class) than Clowney

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly you guys are much better off w/o Chud. Mike freaking Shula did more with less talent coaching the Carolian offense.

So which one of our coaches are you after next?

Well that escalated quickly, wtf?

Haven't posted in here much this season because frankly the Browns don't deserve that much of my time but this is kinda odd. Whatever I guess, can't even roll out the "wait till next year" battle cry anymore.

Haven't posted in here much this season because frankly the Browns don't deserve that much of my time but this is kinda odd. Whatever I guess, can't even roll out the "wait till next year" battle cry anymore.
Just join Panthers nation and be done with it. At least we go to the playoffs once a decade.

Both the Browns and Panthers should have learned by now to stop hiring each others coaches. If you're going to hire a coach, bring someone in from a winning franchise.

ghostguy123 said:
Yeah, fire the coach because the offense looked bad.

I mean seriously, how can ANY coach fail with Weeden, Campbell, Mcgahee, some guy named Fozzy, Ogbanaya, and some other clown holding down the fort in the backfield with the ball in their hands every play.

I dont care about Chud, but this just makes a dumb team look dumber.
Completely agree.

What I heard from someone with some ties to the organization is that Chud was confrontational with Banner and Lombardi because they weren't consulting him before making personnel moves. So Banner and Lombardi got rid of him. Banner and Lombardi reportedly run things like mini-Hitlers (easy to believe for me since Banner operated the same way in Philly).

bottom line (and this sounds so obvious but we usually gloss over it) . . . there is plenty of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that factor into these decisions, yet we repeatedly criticize organizations for making personnel changes based on what we can see (which is what happens on Sundays) . . .

What I heard from someone with some ties to the organization is that Chud was confrontational with Banner and Lombardi because they weren't consulting him before making personnel moves. So Banner and Lombardi got rid of him. Banner and Lombardi reportedly run things like mini-Hitlers (easy to believe for me since Banner operated the same way in Philly).
That might have been a big part of it, if that report is true but the reaction here from the media was that Browns owner Jimmy Haslam left the NY Jets game early and angry and he stormed out of the Pittsburgh game early and fuming.

Haslam is the guy who met with Chud after the game for an hour and a half so it seems like it was the owner's call.

The only roster move that could have sent Chud over the edge was the Bobby Rainey move but the front office got him and it was up to the coaches to get whatever they could from him but Rainey didn't flash anything the short time he was with the Browns.

At that time it seemed like the front office stepped in and shipped him out for Fozzie or whoever they signed at that time.

It sure seemed like Chud wasn't on-board with the T-Rich deal at first if you saw his face during those awkward press conferences that took place directly after that deal went down.

This coaching move seems like the heavy-hand of Jimmy Haslam to me.

Craig_MiamiFL said:
:lmao:

What a failure of a front office. Chud helps Gordon to become arguably the best young WR in the game. People actually know who Jordan Cameron is now & every QB that start for him this year exceeded expectations (go watch Jason Campbell 2012).

Lombardi will be out of a job within 2 years & shouldn't even have been hired to begin with. Have fun with Josh McDaniels (or whatever yes guy you bring in)
If that idiot Banner hires Josh McDaniels I am done with this team until Banner is gone.

to be honest if you guys get Josh McDaniels (as ####ty as this move is), it will probably be worth it.
Josh looked in-over-his-head with Denver.

- traded away QB Jay Cutler

- traded away WR Brandon Marshall

- traded away one of the first round picks he acquired in the deal for a DB in the 2nd round who fizzled

- he did draft WR Demaryius Thomas but Thomas got injured so McDaniels never saw the fruit of that deal

- drafted QB Tim Tebow in the first round

- drafted RB Knowshon Moreno with the 12th pick in the first round

He started out winning his first six games and was the media darling till the wheels fell off.

He's a local kid who has NFL head coaching experience and from reports, Haslam wants someone with head coaching experience but they would HAVE to keep him boxed out of making top personnel moves since his history is spotty at-best.

Fire a guy after one year, and then want to hire a guy who failed miserably?

Sounds about right for the 2nd worst franchise in sports history.

7 coaches since 1999 and some wonder why this franchise is horrible, not the coaches, most clearly the front office is inept at finding talent and running an organization. Wasn't their first draft pick Couch for crying out loud?

So the front office knew "early-on". Trent Richardson deal? People want to defend that deal and I guess it looks ok because of the way TRich played but at the time a handful of GMs said they would have given more. You don't just sell your one of a kind, name your offer piece without seeing what the market actually is for him.

So the front office knew "early-on". Trent Richardson deal? People want to defend that deal and I guess it looks ok because of the way TRich played but at the time a handful of GMs said they would have given more. You don't just sell your one of a kind, name your offer piece without seeing what the market actually is for him.
Huh? Now we're saying that Indy underpaid for Richardson?

That's a new narrative.

BTW in all likelihood Chud will come out of this smelling like roses with a ton of money still making its way to his bank account.

Just join Panthers nation and be done with it. At least we go to the playoffs once a decade.
They haven't made it hard to ignore the Browns but I don't think I could totally jump ship. Went to a few games this year and all I kept thinking was how sweet this would be if CLE could recapture this winning spirit.
He's a local kid who has NFL head coaching experience and from reports, Haslam wants someone with head coaching experience but they would HAVE to keep him boxed out of making top personnel moves since his history is spotty at-best.
With Banner & Lombardi in the front office I don't think that will be a problem at all, Hitler & his Mini-Me won't be letting go of the reins anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread