What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Parrothead said:
kentric said:
dhockster said:
The termites won't get infected by eating Bob. Unless they try to make Bob Sushi.
The piece of Bob being eaten looked awefully juicy. Everyone knows you don't want to overcook Bob thigh.
black man needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees to ensure safe eating
Unless they are from west Africa.

Of course that would be the case for anyone white from west Africa as well....

I've read the comics and have been refraining from comment. I'll just say don't worry about what he said and it is or is not making you think. Those who did read the comics should be attempting to refrain from spoiling things imo. But even if you slip up, the show does its own thing so often, it may not even matter.

El Floppo said:
jamny said:
It looked like something happened to Bob on his right side. He wasn't moving his right arm much when he went outside.
how about this- Bob got bitten in the food bank, thought he was about to turn so left the church to kill himself, and then got turned into a KFC bucket, possibly giving the termites food poisoning. have you thought of that possibility?
This is exactly what I thought. He also asked for an extra kiss from Sasha before leaving...as if he knew that was it for him.

THAT'S IT! We need a thread for just TV viewers, a thread for just comics readers, and a thread for people in the midst of catching up but not caught up. On each, I guess.

Plus a thread where nobody cares.

That's 5 threads. Let's make this happen people. The Game of Thrones nerds can't have all the fun.

I missed a couple of pages of discussion here, so this may have already been covered...

To clarify (for me), we know all of our main character group is infected, but (I can't recall from the CDC episode) is EVERYBODY (i.e. the world) infected? If so, that would include the Termites and Bob, and the fact that Bob may or may not have been bitten wouldn't matter anyway. If the world is infected, then they've been cooking and eating infected folks for a while now and it has likely only promoted healthy regularity.

I missed a couple of pages of discussion here, so this may have already been covered...

To clarify (for me), we know all of our main character group is infected, but (I can't recall from the CDC episode) is EVERYBODY (i.e. the world) infected? If so, that would include the Termites and Bob, and the fact that Bob may or may not have been bitten wouldn't matter anyway. If the world is infected, then they've been cooking and eating infected folks for a while now and it has likely only promoted healthy regularity.
My understanding is that everybody was infected. However, the infection lies dormant until one either days or is bitten by someone who is dead and the virus is active.* So, as for the cannibals, I guess it wouldn't matter.

*Admittedly, I don't quite understand why the virus works differently if one gets bit but, well, if that weren't the case it wouldn't be a zombie show.

My understanding is that everybody was infected. However, the infection lies dormant until one either days or is bitten by someone who is dead and the virus is active.* So, as for the cannibals, I guess it wouldn't matter.

*Admittedly, I don't quite understand why the virus works differently if one gets bit but, well, if that weren't the case it wouldn't be a zombie show.
Certain viruses can lay dormant in the human body. I guess the zombie plague is no different with the trigger to activate being (presumably) an active virus being introduced.

I think the termites also discussed how quickly or in what manner they killed the people they ate. Cooking to 160 degrees is enough to kill off enough of the infection for digestion, but you probably couldn't eat the charred remains of someone who has even started to turn just a little bit.

Certain viruses can lay dormant in the human body. I guess the zombie plague is no different with the trigger to activate being (presumably) an active virus being introduced.
The virus doesn't work differently. If you die you turn. The zombie bite infects you with a poison (or something) that kills you. You then die and turn.

Do you have an example of someone being bit by a zombie and turning before they die?

Zow said:
Tackling Dummies said:
Psychopav said:
Does anyone think that maybe Bob was infected?
Depending on how closely the writers follow the comics, this will be an issue for the Termites.
dude
It's not a spoiler, I'll leave it at that.
Sure seems like a spoiler. THAT NOT WHY WERE HERE!!!!!!11
Seems that way but I can assure you the comic is ambiguous.

Enough with the comic talk.

I liken it to being HIV positive and having full blown AIDS.

Do you have an example of someone being bit by a zombie and turning before they die?
My take is that something in the zombies bite (poison) kills you and the virus everyone is infected turns you after you die.

Last edited by a moderator:

My take is that something in the zombies bite (poison) kills you and the virus everyone is infected turns you after you die.
hmmm... I thought there were cases of people getting bitten and turning before dying. But my memory sucks.

hmmm... I thought there were cases of people getting bitten and turning before dying. But my memory sucks.
I would think that the deadly virus that turns you from a bite would also be prevalent in the blood of the walker. Although you could argue that they have fatal saliva. Seens gallons of blood spread over peoples' faces, but haven't seen a walker spit on anyone yet. haha

I haven't read the last 8 pages, but I had to chime in and say that I thought when Bob was crying it was because he knew he was going to turn and was about to shoot himself. That's why he was crying and he wanted one more kiss from Sasha. But I'm not sure I could be senile though

I still haven't seen the most recent episode but I decided to read the synopsis on Wikipedia. The brief recap eliminates most of the sucky things about the show. I may not have to watch another episode.

Yeah, good points made here, I wasn't conceptually distinguishing between dying upon being bit then turning.

I would think that the deadly virus that turns you from a bite would also be prevalent in the blood of the walker. Although you could argue that they have fatal saliva. Seens gallons of blood spread over peoples' faces, but haven't seen a walker spit on anyone yet. haha
Right. So if this is true then I guess there'd be no harm in eating human flesh or even zombie parts?

I was also in the "zombie parts wouldn't kill you" camp, but just read this from the amc website:

While scouting the prison tombs, Hershel is bitten in the leg by a walker and Rick amputates to prevent the infection from spreading.
So a zombie bite yields a lethal infection. So now the question, if Bob was scratched/bitten, why didn't he chop his own leg off as soon as they got back to base? With that, I'm leaning towards DS's theory, recovering alcoholic going outside to deal.

I was also in the "zombie parts wouldn't kill you" camp, but just read this from the amc website:

While scouting the prison tombs, Hershel is bitten in the leg by a walker and Rick amputates to prevent the infection from spreading.
So a zombie bite yields a lethal infection.So now the question, if Bob was scratched/bitten, why didn't he chop his own leg off as soon as they got back to base? With that, I'm leaning towards DS's theory, recovering alcoholic going outside to deal.
I got the impression the infection spreads faster than that. Rick chopped of Hershel's leg pretty quickly. With Bob, they had to walk back to camp and such. It's also unclear whether he got bitten in the leg.

So a zombie bite yields a lethal infection.So now the question, if Bob was scratched/bitten, why didn't he chop his own leg off as soon as they got back to base? With that, I'm leaning towards DS's theory, recovering alcoholic going outside to deal.
I got the impression the infection spreads faster than that. Rick chopped of Hershel's leg pretty quickly. With Bob, they had to walk back to camp and such. It's also unclear whether he got bitten in the leg.
Yeah, I don't still have it on dvr but like I said, it looks like he barely moved his right arm and kept it hanging down.

Someone check that...tia.

I haven't read the last 8 pages, but I had to chime in and say that I thought when Bob was crying it was because he knew he was going to turn and was about to shoot himself. That's why he was crying and he wanted one more kiss from Sasha. But I'm not sure I could be senile though
First I've heard of it

It would be pretty funny when they head north if they hit the northern Georgia border and run into a huge military presence which has quarantined the area and find the zombie apocalypse was limited only to the small part of the world they have been wandering around in the last several months.

Maybe Herschel never told him how he lost his leg?

Woudln't he have turned before they managed to chop his leg off and eat it?

I don't think Gareth and friends cut off Bob's leg to save him in any way. He was clearly dinner. The question for me, though, is if Bob was bit does that come into play with the Termites? Maybe they all start dropping like flies and only Gareth is left which forces him to try and weasel his way into the group.
I can see that story line coming, or that Bob suddenly turns at some opportune time to keep a termite from killing one of the "safe" characters who must survive.

If they play up the tainted meat angle, I wonder how that matters since everyone is already infected? If everyone already has it, how would eating someone with it make it worse?

That's one thing that I think the writers have dropped in recent seasons. They've tried to focus on the human drama angle so much they've really pushed the whole how-why-when of the infection issue into the background. Even though they currently have Captain Mullet and Big Red griping about the cure in DC, it's kinda like everyone else doesn't really have an awareness or even basic level of curiosity or concern about the infection itself.

I'm not expecting anyone to be slaving over a microscope in the backwoods or anything, but you'd think they'd still be considering the infection as a very real but poorly understood enemy. Was the population of Europe so casual about the Black Plague as it was wiping out what would be a smaller percentage of the population that TWD infection is doing?

packersfan said:
So the bubble gum guy lived?
Yeah. He was there at the #BobBQ at the end. I thought Tyreese told Carol he killed him. I'll have to go back and re-watch their exchange.
When I saw how they set up the cut from the beating and then picked back up outside with the body not in sight, I was preparing myself for that guy to not be dead. As much as this season has appreciated the gore, it made no sense to cut from that scene and not show Tyrese crush open his skull if that's what actually happened. So it set of alarm bells. In that way the show has kinda settled into a certain predictability.

If Bob knew he got bit and was infected, why was he still kissing whats her name?? Silly Bob. Not sure if kissing would even spread it, but still, gotta think he would think twice on that one.

And if one more person thinks Tyrese killed Chewer I am gonna snap. The writers slapped us in the face with the knowledge that he did NOT kill him. he said he wouldnt, kept hitting him saying he wouldnt, then wouldnt let anyone make sure he was dead (obviously, cause he didnt want them to see he didnt kill the guy).

Side note...............they all meet up at that little shack, yet NOBODY from the group sets one foot in the shack to look for supplies or anything?? Not one thing?? Only woulda taken one person to notice the dude laying there, not dead, yet NOBODY went in??

Haha, now I sound like the other overanalyzers

Users who are viewing this thread