What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (13 Viewers)

What a dilemma AB has put me in next season.  It's been a great experience as a Steeler/fantasy fan the last few years, in totality his 6 years were the best 6 years of fantasy production ever from a Steeler. Bell had some huge seasons but I feel safe saying AB was the top Steeler fantasy producer of all time or at least since I've played fantasy.  The dilemma for me is now I dislike him as much as any player in the game and would actively root against his success more then any player in the game except for the massive issue staring at me in that I remain invested in him in dynasty and likely continue that investment in redraft because I think he's a solid value right now. This went from a totally fun experience where fantasy and real life merged to a conflicted self serving interest. What a bummer.

What sucks is if you own him in dynasty and didn't sell before the fallout. I sent an offer to a contender of AB for Godwin and DJ Moore and he rejected without a thought. Oh how the mighty have fallen. 

What a dilemma AB has put me in next season.  It's been a great experience as a Steeler/fantasy fan the last few years, in totality his 6 years were the best 6 years of fantasy production ever from a Steeler. Bell had some huge seasons but I feel safe saying AB was the top Steeler fantasy producer of all time or at least since I've played fantasy.  The dilemma for me is now I dislike him as much as any player in the game and would actively root against his success more then any player in the game except for the massive issue staring at me in that I remain invested in him in dynasty and likely continue that investment in redraft because I think he's a solid value right now. This went from a totally fun experience where fantasy and real life merged to a conflicted self serving interest. What a bummer.
Agreed.  I traded for him last year in a 4 player keeper league and if I didn't have him I would be hoping for a terrible season in 2019.  As it is, I'll ride it out until the inevitable meltdown.

So what are people's expectations in 2019 for FF?  The last few posts seem pretty dire but I don't think it's all that bad.  Gruden has supported older WR in the past and he will probably want to make the trade look good for OAK.  Probably won't compete for overall WR1 but probably still a top 10.  The eventual meltdown is coming but not in 2019 IMO.

So what are people's expectations in 2019 for FF?  The last few posts seem pretty dire but I don't think it's all that bad.  Gruden has supported older WR in the past and he will probably want to make the trade look good for OAK.  Probably won't compete for overall WR1 but probably still a top 10.  The eventual meltdown is coming but not in 2019 IMO.
If Carr can’t get him he ball as consistently as he wants it the meltdown is on the horizon. 

Assuming Ty Hill gets cleared  I got a Big 6 WR's and he is  squarely in it for the 2019 season and I think he can be even better in 2020.  I may not like him but I don't let personal feelings cloud my judgement.  He'd be my bet to lead the NFL in targets in 2019 if I had to bet on just one guy and reason I like him more in 2020 is because I don't think he'll lose as much in age as he'll gain in timing with Carr and benefits of playing in a dome. This is why I said earlier I will continue to invest in him because I don't see the dire situation others seem to portray.

He's got serious mental problems. He's the poster boy for $ & fame going to one's head.
It's also possible that Burfict's shoulder to his head, went to his... head.  Steelers fans have been wondering for a bit if the recent concussion issues have caused this spiral.  He was always a Diva and "Me First", but he really started having issues after the huge hit he took that knocked him out against the Bengals. He started lashing out, throwing furniture out of hotel rooms, and just in general acting like a huge ###. Not sure those things are related, but the timing matches up. 

Steelers made the right move.  Now it looks like they have been hiding Browns issues for a long time. Brown does not appear to be mentally stable.

Good luck with this trainwreck of a human being Oakland.  They will regret the day they brought him in AND gave him more money. Gee, wonder why no other teams weren't making offers for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say this, having personality flaws didn't stop TO from being a dominant WR. So just because AB is showing his #### right now (and I agree he needs to shut up) doesn't mean he suddenly isn't an elite WR or can't continue to be a great weekly performer. 

I'm looking forward to the media outside of Pittsburgh changing the narrative from "Steeler drama" to "AB drama" - which it's been all along.  I think the Steelers locker room is going to be buttoned up pretty well this year and AB cant even reign in the crazy until training camp starts :lol:  

Anyone think he’s an alcoholic? His eyes are always glazed over and his mood swings shift very quickly... just odd behavior. I won’t make fun of the poor grammar, he’s far from the only NFL player that has that. A lot of this stuff is just irrational and he acts like he can’t connect the dots together of why or when he ended up where he did.

Anyone think he’s an alcoholic? His eyes are always glazed over and his mood swings shift very quickly... just odd behavior.
Agree he eyes look glazed over. Stoned. I've read a few different articles on him which say he is NOT much of a drinker and I've never heard him fail a drug test. I don't personally feel it's from drink or drugs, but do agree it looks like it.

AB the #1 trending topic on Twitter right now...hes getting hammered from all directions...and gifs galore...it's hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe this explains more about why the Steelers gave him up for just a 3rd and a 5th.  A lot of us thought he wouldn't get traded because nobody would pay what the Steelers wanted and eating that cap hit for little compensation didn't make sense. 

That turned out to be right... Except that the Steelers didn't just keep him. They were obviously desperate to move on from him in hindsight.  

Gonna wait until he re-establishes some value during the season, which he totally will, and then dump his ###.  Gruden will get him fed early.  That's the window.

Godsbrother said:
I am in a redraft league and he's been a top 3 pick for a while now.  It will be interesting to see where he goes this year.
From what I've seen  consistently in back half of round 2, usually in the 20-24 range.

you literally had to look 2 posts up to see we werent discussing ab
Sorry for quoting the wrong post but I was (obviously, I thought) making a joke/statement that comparing Cooper and AB is kind of ridiculous when I'm sure we'd agree that AB is a generational talent at WR and Cooper is a guy who's shown promise but also loads of downside.

Would never want Antonio Brown in my foxhole, he has a real bad case of ........MEITISH.

Sure, he's in that third greatest WR discussion with Moss, Fitzgerald.

Cooper looked like poo w carr, and that man can run a route every bit as good as ab
Wow, no. 

Forgetting the fact that you need to have reliable hands at the end of that route, AB's separation skills (a hallmark of his route running ability) and crispness, as well as deep speed, are way better than Coop's ever have been in the pros.

Both are incredibly skilled, but I don't see them as comparable at all in terms of route-running

Wow, no. 

Forgetting the fact that you need to have reliable hands at the end of that route, AB's separation skills (a hallmark of his route running ability) and crispness, as well as deep speed, are way better than Coop's ever have been in the pros.

Both are incredibly skilled, but I don't see them as comparable at all in terms of route-running
Agreed. Brown and Cooper aren't even close to in the same league. Might as well be comparing Carr and Mahomes. Cooper is sometimes good, Brown is elite. 

"cooper is good, ab is elite"

yes, as a WR, agreed. as route runners, cooper is also elite. he runs super tight and crisp routes.

ab can separate better, better hands and tho i havent measured them, im assuming better speed. ab also had a HoF qb tossing at him.

Users who are viewing this thread