What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FORMER JERMICHAEL FINLEY OWNERS (1 Viewer)

How much do you think losing Finley will affect your chances of making the playoffs?

• A LOT. I will be struggling the rest of the way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOT MUCH. I had a great backup already rostered.

• SOMEWHAT. I am a fantasy football genius and will overcome through the waiver wire!

• Total voters
Had 'em almost everywhere. I had a solid back up in half of the leagues.

In the ones I didnt Im not sweating it too much. Will overcome.

TEBC for the rest of the way. Can play matchups week to week. IMO unless you have Gates or Clark they are all inconsistent week to week. Having said that I like Moeaki and Miller the best going forward.

Not to brag or anything, but I already had Gates and I picked up Finley during our free-agent draft this off-season. I hadn't even started Finley this year.

I have a theory about Finley owners for redraft. Finley was a top 3 selected TE (I would assume) in all formats for redraft. This year in particular there were good backups like Moekai (sp?), Keller, Pettigrew, Shockey and even Lewis, who as of today, have more points than Finely. Of course, part of that is because Finely has basically missed two games, but the dropoff as of today, is not as severe as if someone lost Clark or Gates. Sure, you may have spent a high pick on him (for a TE), but in my league where I only could start one TE, I actually lost points (and a game) by having Finely in there versus Keller. Of course, I am a believer that when the season would have been said and done, Finley would have more points than all of those guys save Keller, but the dropoff is probably not as extreme as people are making it out to be. Of course there are always sleeper TEs who pan out (like any other position), but this year in particular, there are a few guys in that preseason 18-25 spot who are coming through with good numbers and most likely a Finely owner would have one of those guys too (if they carried two TEs.

Definitely disappointed, but :pickle: what can you do about it? It's a chance to manage my team and make use of the endless hours of research...

I'm rolling with Hernandez, hoping that Moss' departure means a lot of targets (PPR).

While it was definitely a disappointment I'm not sweating it too much. It was nice thinking I didn't have to address that position all year (i didn't roster a back-up) I'll now be thinking about upgrades and match-ups all year now. I picked up Brandon Pettigrew so hopefully he can pick up the slack...I just wish he wasn't splitting snaps with Scheffler

In the 14-teamer where I had Finley, none of the guys listed were available on the wire. I guess Scheffler was the best option left. That everyone in my league loves to roster TEs is usually a good thing for me--more WRs and RBs available--but obviously didn't work out this time. The offers came pouring in as soon as Finley was ruled out for a long time, and I ended up dealing Brandon Jackson to get Shiancoe.

I think losing Finley will hurt my team, probably by about 3-4 points/week on average given how big a part of the offense he was. That said, giving up my 5th RB for a pretty good player made the whole situation seem a lot disastrous than it appeared on Tuesday.

None of those options really apply to me. He was my only TE, but I still have him rostered. I'm waiting until it is official. In the meantime I picked up Moeaki and Lee. If Watson is still there when it becomes official I'll grab him too.

My team isn't in danger of missing the playoffs because I am stacked and ready for my championship.

I drafted Finley in the 5th round. Fortunately, I grabbed Keller of waivers after week 3 and Hernandez after week 4. The way he was hyped, he wasn't scoring TDs at the pace I expected him to.

I still have him rostered but grabbed Heath Miller to replace him. With Big Ben back, I am hoping he uses him as a bit of a security blanket.

None of the guys on the list were available. I had Scheffler as my backup who has been solid. Had Carlson and Olsen offered to me for Tate. Ultimately traded Tate for Daniels based on upside alone. Scheffler, Olsen and Carlson are all safe, conservative guys but Daniels was the only guy I thought had a chance to approach elite numbers if the stars align. Might be a long shot but a chance worth taking.

Went other - Had Finley in two leagues

League #1 - Trade M. Bush for Keller

League #2 - Grabbed Celek off WW

Not happy with Finley being out, but the drop from him to the other guys should not be all that dramatic.

The way he was hyped, he wasn't scoring TDs at the pace I expected him to.
Did you *really* expect him to? The way he was hyped (and then overhyped again) there was no way that he was going to do anything but disappoint --- even in a best case (realistically speaking of course) scenario.

Picked up Moeaki in every league I had Finley (in which I didn't draft Moeaki,) even in the league I also had Gates. Also, I have not dropped Finley from any league yet. Just not willing to pull that trigger yet.

Not to brag or anything, but I already had Gates and I picked up Finley during our free-agent draft this off-season. I hadn't even started Finley this year.
Uhhhhhh you just didI aggresively pursue the WW every year and was able to parlay BJGE into A.Hernandez after Moss deal. I believe AH has the potential to put up Finley like numbers, what ever that means, at a reasonable costAH was drafted in the 20th rd in my league

This is our second year using a TE. Last year I had Daniels and this year Finley. I am afraid to make a deal for a top TE because of being snake bitten. I guess I will roll with Heath Miller and Carlson for a while and see.

:goodposting: Why no Quarless talk? I grabbed him in both my OMEGA leagues. I think he will pay off real big. I'm starting him today.
ihave high hopes for him too but NO WAY i start him this week. have to see how things shape out if it doesnt work cut bait. anyone think that Owen Daniels will be 100% after the bye in 2 weeks? he could be a good replacement if he could bounce back

:confused: Why no Quarless talk? I grabbed him in both my OMEGA leagues. I think he will pay off real big. I'm starting him today.
ihave high hopes for him too but NO WAY i start him this week. have to see how things shape out if it doesnt work cut bait. anyone think that Owen Daniels will be 100% after the bye in 2 weeks? he could be a good replacement if he could bounce back
Donald Lee back to practice this week might be tempering some enthusiasm...

:confused: Why no Quarless talk? I grabbed him in both my OMEGA leagues. I think he will pay off real big. I'm starting him today.
Donald Lee back to practice this week might be tempering some enthusiasm...
I still think he is the play today, Miami is the perfect team for a TE play.

Picked up Shockey and Lee to replace Finley. Injuries are part of FF and how an owner responds to them separates the shark owners from the rest of his league.

Still rostering Finley, but also have Zach Miller (OAK), so I'll be rolling with him. Should have been starting him anyway if you just look at YTD performance. I'll drop Finley later when I need to get a bye week replacement for Miller, or something juicy comes up on the waiver wire.

Users who are viewing this thread