What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (16 Viewers)

How was the go home RAW?

:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:
Not good. Owens-Neville was the highlight and that happened in the first 1/2 hour. Reigns-Kofi was surprisingly good, though the outcome was never really in doubt. The rest was below average.
I get the need to sell Network subscriptions, but this 3 PPVs in a month thing has really hurt the product. And they had been on a bit of a roll before that, IMO. They need to never do that again. 3 hours of Raw, 2 hours of Smackdown, an hour each of Superstars and Main Event, plus a monthly PPV is MORE than enough. I don't blame the writers for failing to deliver compelling shows the last few weeks. That's too much. It's like asking a comic strip writer to do 2 a day while still being funny and not repeating yourself.

I missed most of it, but caught the end, why did J & J turn on Rollins?
Thanks to Ambrose's antics (this week taking selfies with the championship belt all around New Orleans), Rollins has been lashing out at everyone, blaming his team for his failures. Apparently J&J had finally had enough and stood up to Rollins, humorously calling themselves Shield 2.0. Rollins then booked himself against them both in a handicap match.

The highlight of the night was R-Truth. Reigns, Kane, and Ziggler are in the ring talking about why each is going to win Money in the Bank when R-Truth reckons it's his turn to come out and talk some smack. One problem. He's not in the match. Kane informs him of this. R-Truth has a perfect look of confusion and disappointment on his face. "You sure?" "Yeah, I'm sure". "This is on me. My bad. Sorry New Orleans. Y'all be good!" Then he leaves. :lmao:

As bad as Cena and Ziggler are at comedy is how good R-Truth is. Feed me more!

The highlight of the night was R-Truth. Reigns, Kane, and Ziggler are in the ring talking about why each is going to win Money in the Bank when R-Truth reckons it's his turn to come out and talk some smack. One problem. He's not in the match. Kane informs him of this. R-Truth has a perfect look of confusion and disappointment on his face. "You sure?" "Yeah, I'm sure". "This is on me. My bad. Sorry New Orleans. Y'all be good!" Then he leaves. :lmao:

Truth did such a good job selling this that it had me wondering if he really was serious. Watching Reigns and Ziggler give in laughing at the end was great. Only Kane held that confused/angry look throughout the bit.

How was the go home RAW?

One of the worst I've ever seen. The only good things were the first match and the R Truth thing.

No Wyatt again is just ridiculous. This is, imo, the most complete performer the company has right now and the morons have no clue what to do with him.

And these same morons thought the best way to hype a title match at the next PPV was the have your champ, who you've already made to look pathetic enough, job to his hobbit sized, retired wrestler security team. With the challenger eating popcorn and watching from the front row. I think this was a new low.

How was the go home RAW?

One of the worst I've ever seen. The only good things were the first match and the R Truth thing.

No Wyatt again is just ridiculous. This is, imo, the most complete performer the company has right now and the morons have no clue what to do with him.

And these same morons thought the best way to hype a title match at the next PPV was the have your champ, who you've already made to look pathetic enough, job to his hobbit sized, retired wrestler security team. With the challenger eating popcorn and watching from the front row. I think this was a new low.
:doh:

Remember when Seth Rollins won the championship at Wrestlemania?

That was the last time he was intelligently booked. Granted, I tuned out for the last decade, but this is one of the worst title runs I've ever seen.

That was the last time he was intelligently booked. Granted, I tuned out for the last decade, but this is one of the worst title runs I've ever seen.
There's the weasel heel champ...and then there's how Rollins has been booked.
Amen. There's pulling brass knuckles from your tights or using the ropes to get a cheap win. Then there's the Kane/J&J slop we've been fed for 3 months.

Amen. There's pulling brass knuckles from your tights or using the ropes to get a cheap win. Then there's the Kane/J&J slop we've been fed for 3 months.
They've done Rollins such a disservice. The guy is an all time great type talent in the ring, but it's the same thing match after match after match. I've had to completely stop watching his matches.

I think Rollins is good real life friends with 'Joey Mercury'. (May be why he continues to be involved)

Jeremy said:

:lmao:

Trey said:
Tom Servo said:
Trey said:

If you're going to have the weasel heel, don't have the face stealing his belt and make him look like a whiny baby. Sheesh.

Only way to correct these mistakes is to have Reigns win the briefcase, Ambrose win the title, and have Reigns cash in during the celebration. Then you've got Reigns as a heel champ, Ambrose gains even more sympathy after constantly getting screwed, and Rollins can start his face turn after Triple H and Steph dump him. Maybe beat the snot out of him a couple of times for good measure. Have Steph pedigree him or something.

FWIW the Boston show the week after MitB is a

Seth Rollins title defense (VsReigns??I think)& Cena/Owens match

Last edited by a moderator:
Only way to correct these mistakes is to have Reigns win the briefcase, Ambrose win the title, and have Reigns cash in during the celebration. Then you've got Reigns as a heel champ, Ambrose gains even more sympathy after constantly getting screwed, and Rollins can start his face turn after Triple H and Steph dump him. Maybe beat the snot out of him a couple of times for good measure. Have Steph pedigree him or something.
I would take that bump. Maybe upgrade it to an inverted pedigree for good measure.

Tonight on Lucha Underground, Dario Cueto has an in-ring meeting with Blue Demon, Jr. I don't think they'll be talking about the good old days over tequila.

My favorite part of the Cheap Heat podcast is the occasional wrestler nickname they introduce. I wish there was more universal use of Jeans Ambrose and CM Chunk (for Kevin Owens).

I hate how local shows spoil the outcomes. Smackdown is in Buffalo Tuesday and they just announced on the radio the matches. Pissed.

Smackdown is in Buffalo Tuesday' they already announced the main event's

CHAMPION Rollins and Big Show vs. Reigns/Ambrose

and Wyatt vs Shameus.

I hate how local radio adds ruin the PPV two days before a show.

So Big Show helps Rollins retain the belt on the ladder Sunday right?

Tonight on Lucha Underground, Dario Cueto has an in-ring meeting with Blue Demon, Jr. I don't think they'll be talking about the good old days over tequila.
I watched Lucha for the 1st time last night.

Saw 3 episodes and liked it.

I think it helped that I wasn't familiar with a lot of the wrestlers.

When Johnny Mundo came out I was thinking, man he looks familiar.

When he hit his finisher that's when the light bulb went off.

Will watch again.

It's faster paced than RAW for sure and I like all of the high flying even from the bigger guys.

And the back stage "drama" portrayed is funny.

It's cool. I am going Sunday so I want to be surprised.
Don't worry - whatever is scheduled on the house show circuit won't change televised bookings. Many times, I have gone to house shows that advertised certain title matches, only to have the title(s) change hands in the interim and result in different title matches on the day of the event.

It's cool. I am going Sunday so I want to be surprised.
Don't worry - whatever is scheduled on the house show circuit won't change televised bookings. Many times, I have gone to house shows that advertised certain title matches, only to have the title(s) change hands in the interim and result in different title matches on the day of the event.
Smackdown isn't a house,show they told everyone the TV matches for Tuesday (airs Thursday) and who was each champion. Annoying. Hopefully card subject to change means something.

worst crowd I can remember on Raw. A whole lot of nothing during Cena/Owens/Neville
It's easy to forget that most fans had no idea who Owens was until a couple weeks ago. For most he's just some fat guy who came out of nowhere to take down the biggest name in the company. I don't think they really know what to make of him just yet. Fans haven't seemed too hot for Neville yet either.

Reported Tyson Kidd will miss a year+ due to his spinal cord injury. Sad arguably the company's 2 best workers (Kidd&Bryan) are both on the sidelines indefinitely.
That really sucks if true. Kidd has been an excellent all around performer in WWE for a year across 3 different platforms(Raw, NXT, Total Divas)

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Reported Tyson Kidd will miss a year+ due to his spinal cord injury. Sad arguably the company's 2 best workers (Kidd&Bryan) are both on the sidelines indefinitely.
That really sucks if true. Kidd has been an excellent all around performer in WWE for a year across 3 different platforms(Raw, NXT, Total Divas)
That sucks, Nattie, him and Cesaro were awesome together.

Wonder where they roll with Cesaro from here.

It's annoying how they take away first names from guys.

Neville was Adrian no?

Rusev was Alexander?

Cesaro was Alexander too?

Never a mention of the first name, probably just dumbing it down for the viewer.

RIP Dusty a true legend. He is a relative of a relative. He had been in very bad health and lost 80lbs in the past 4mo. I got an email this morning that his body was shutting down.

Neville was Adrian no?

Rusev was Alexander?

Never a mention of the first name, probably just dumbing it down for the viewer.
Antonio Cesaro

What a shame about Kidd. Loved that team and always impressed with him. He's 35 so this might be it for him unfortunately.

I hate how local shows spoil the outcomes. Smackdown is in Buffalo Tuesday and they just announced on the radio the matches. Pissed.

Smackdown is in Buffalo Tuesday' they already announced the main event's

CHAMPION Rollins and Big Show vs. Reigns/Ambrose

and Wyatt vs Shameus.

I hate how local radio adds ruin the PPV two days before a show.

So Big Show helps Rollins retain the belt on the ladder Sunday right?
they ran an ad for the boston house(jun 27) show on raw saying the same about the champion

Neville was Adrian no?

Rusev was Alexander?

Antonio Cesaro

What a shame about Kidd. Loved that team and always impressed with him. He's 35 so this might be it for him unfortunately.
He'd be perfect to stay on and teach the NXT kids.

Users who are viewing this thread