What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (17 Viewers)

Sad about Macho Man dieing today. I don't think he ever got inducted to the Hall of Fame did he? Hopefully Vince can put aside the animosity and induct him posthumously.

:(

I suppose that I would have loved it as a kid, but Cena getting over every Monday on Raw is annoying me. Before WM they had him losing some, getting beaten up, etc. But now it's bothering me - I think they really missed a chance to flip Miz at Wrestlemania. The crowd was just DYING for Miz to turn and it didn't happen. I'm not sure how the "I quit" match is going to go. They can't very well have Cena quit. Also, it looks like Christian got the steroids out of his system or whatever it was. I'd lay $20 he beats Orton Sunday night.
I'm hearing whispers of Rumble '99.Elaboration, please?
They set that angle up big time last night.
I Quit match Mankind vs Rock, who was aligned with the McMahon empire at the time. In some earlier promo, Mankind said something to the effect of "I will make you say 'I QUIT! I QUIT! I QUIT!'". At the end of the match, Rock hit Mankind with a number of chair shots, leaving Mankind in a crumpled heap. Rock asks Mankind if he wants to quit and the piped in chunk of the earlier promo is played, giving the effect that Mankind quit. Match over, Rock wins.

No discussion of last night? I missed it, so I read about it online - doesn't sound like much happened. No belts changed hands, the I quit match ended up like the 99 match (sort of) until it was restarted. Anyone watch it?

Also - where is Shaemus? He was getting promoted big time before WM, on a warpath winning a lot of matches. I haven't seen him since WM...anyone?

No discussion of last night? I missed it, so I read about it online - doesn't sound like much happened. No belts changed hands, the I quit match ended up like the 99 match (sort of) until it was restarted. Anyone watch it?Also - where is Shaemus? He was getting promoted big time before WM, on a warpath winning a lot of matches. I haven't seen him since WM...anyone?
Cena squashed Miz right after that. Saw one report of it that rang true: At least with the Rock and SCSA, the McMahons always put them in seemingly impossible situations that took them months to get out of. Now, Cena gets out of mediocre situations each night, and squashes everyone on the roster. It's boring.Plus, Rock and SCSA were just better. Cena's not the guy. He's close, but he's missing that superstar edge.

Random wrestling fact I saw today:

14 of the 51 wrestlers from 1991's Wrestlemania are dead. Every starter from the 1991 Super Bowl is alive.

Also - where is Shaemus? He was getting promoted big time before WM, on a warpath winning a lot of matches. I haven't seen him since WM...anyone?
Seamus is on Smackdown now.

Last edited by a moderator:
tidbits from last nights RAW

* Looks like the Cena Miz feud is over for now

* They tried to turn Riley last night against Miz but it only semi took. I don't think they created enough sympathy for his character for fans to care so much about the turn. Should set up a small program for Miz and Riley

* If anyone understands what they did to Kharma, please let me know. After a few weeks of building her up as the monster of all monsters, the writers last night had her come in to the ring to seemingly take on 8 Diva's at once, and then she knelt down in the ring and started to cry. After focusing on the crying for a while they went to commercial. After commercial, Cole states she had a mental break down or something.

* The Cole - King feud appears to be mercifully over with Cole apologizing and acting like pre heel Cole on the announcing.

* Show must need some time off as they set up a long term injury angle for him last night. as part of the angle they teased Del Rio and his announcer being on the outs.

*R Truth continues to bring it as a slightly off kilter heel. I LOVE the lack of music for his entrance and exits now.

* Brett made an appearance last night. The poor guy is so immobile he could barely step over Punk to get the Sharp Shooter on.

* Punk paid tribute to Macho Man for the second night in a row by wearing his pink wrestling trunks and yellow boots.

Random wrestling fact I saw today:14 of the 51 wrestlers from 1991's Wrestlemania are dead. Every starter from the 1991 Super Bowl is alive.
But I would take away the car accident, gunshot, and bladder cancer.Those cannot be tied to wrestling like the others (which were drugs and heart attack) which gotta be linked to the 'roids and abuse from wrestling

Did anyone watch Tough Enough last night?If so, can you tell me why it was AJ's fault she got hurt? I can't figure out what happened.She was supposed to do a cross body from the top rope, but switched at the last second to a double ax handle and hurt her ankle. AJ seemed more than close enough to support the cross body. I don't understand what mistake he made but DeMott seemed adamant he screwed up.
I don't know why either. Maybe he was too close for the cross body. I would think that a person needs proper distance in order to rotate in mid-air. But Christina landing wrong may have happened regardless of who was in there with her.

Did anyone watch Tough Enough last night?If so, can you tell me why it was AJ's fault she got hurt? I can't figure out what happened.She was supposed to do a cross body from the top rope, but switched at the last second to a double ax handle and hurt her ankle. AJ seemed more than close enough to support the cross body. I don't understand what mistake he made but DeMott seemed adamant he screwed up.
I don't know why either. Maybe he was too close for the cross body. I would think that a person needs proper distance in order to rotate in mid-air. But Christina landing wrong may have happened regardless of who was in there with her.
Thank you!Same thing I was thinking. If she was going cross body then she is more bad then I thought as a wrestler. She went up and not out. No way was that AJs fault

Random wrestling fact I saw today:14 of the 51 wrestlers from 1991's Wrestlemania are dead. Every starter from the 1991 Super Bowl is alive.
I understand the point, but you're comparing 22 guys to 51, plus guys at different age ranges. It's really apples and oranges.

Well damn :(

===================

Kharma is reportedly out for the rest of the year and beyond, with the sudden turn for her character on Monday's Raw being a write-off.

According to the Wrestling Observer, it's believed Kharma will be out "for over nine months."

Monday on Raw, WWE suddenly scripted Kharma to break down into tears, which was described by the announcers as a nervous break down.

I understand the point, but you're comparing 22 guys to 51, plus guys at different age ranges. It's really apples and oranges.
Actually 44 (or 48 if you want to count kickers/punters). Not saying anything against wrestling, but it is an interesting snapshot of how wrestling is.I think the biggest problem with wrestling is that it's a year round "sport", there is zero down time for guys to recoup and recharge. That leads to taking meds to fight off pain, fatigue, etc, and that begins the slippery slope for a bunch of these guys. If I was a booker for a company, I would write large breaks in for every wrestler, maybe a total of 3 months for each, staggered throughout the year. I think the pops and freshness of the character would be worth more than the work they would do during those three months.One of my many thoughts if I "ran" wrestling.

Well damn :( ===================Kharma is reportedly out for the rest of the year and beyond, with the sudden turn for her character on Monday's Raw being a write-off.According to the Wrestling Observer, it's believed Kharma will be out "for over nine months."Monday on Raw, WWE suddenly scripted Kharma to break down into tears, which was described by the announcers as a nervous break down.
WTF, are we sure that was a written spot?

Well damn :( ===================Kharma is reportedly out for the rest of the year and beyond, with the sudden turn for her character on Monday's Raw being a write-off.According to the Wrestling Observer, it's believed Kharma will be out "for over nine months."Monday on Raw, WWE suddenly scripted Kharma to break down into tears, which was described by the announcers as a nervous break down.
Everything I've read is that she got pregnant. I'm all for people living their lives how they want to, but I gotta think she just lost any chance for a WWE career with that little slip up.

Everything I've read is that she got pregnant. I'm all for people living their lives how they want to, but I gotta think she just lost any chance for a WWE career with that little slip up.
Yeah the 9 months seems to stick out. Very very strange timing on her part.

Actually 44 (or 48 if you want to count kickers/punters). Not saying anything against wrestling, but it is an interesting snapshot of how wrestling is.I think the biggest problem with wrestling is that it's a year round "sport", there is zero down time for guys to recoup and recharge. That leads to taking meds to fight off pain, fatigue, etc, and that begins the slippery slope for a bunch of these guys. If I was a booker for a company, I would write large breaks in for every wrestler, maybe a total of 3 months for each, staggered throughout the year. I think the pops and freshness of the character would be worth more than the work they would do during those three months.One of my many thoughts if I "ran" wrestling.
There's been a lot of talk in the wrestling world about WWE's new health policy. Every wrestler is now required to have health insurance. But WWE won't pay for it. So the wrestlers are going to be paying out the nose for their own insurance. While many wrestlers are griping about it, nothing will happen because WWE is still really the only game in town.

There's been a lot of talk in the wrestling world about WWE's new health policy. Every wrestler is now required to have health insurance. But WWE won't pay for it. So the wrestlers are going to be paying out the nose for their own insurance. While many wrestlers are griping about it, nothing will happen because WWE is still really the only game in town.
No Kidding?? That strikes me as absurd.

Well damn :(

===================

Kharma is reportedly out for the rest of the year and beyond, with the sudden turn for her character on Monday's Raw being a write-off.

According to the Wrestling Observer, it's believed Kharma will be out "for over nine months."

Monday on Raw, WWE suddenly scripted Kharma to break down into tears, which was described by the announcers as a nervous break down.
Can we get a link to confirm this? TIAETA - I found this talking about the nine months. Very brief mention 2/3 of the way into the article, but it is something.

Yeah, I forgot one team. Oops.The Japanese system is something like three weeks wrestling (not every day) then a week to two off. That seems to work well to keep everyone fresh.

Can we get a link to confirm this? TIA
sorry, did not think people would think I would make that up out of thin airhttp://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_50330.shtml

Can we get a link to confirm this? TIA
sorry, did not think people would think I would make that up out of thin airhttp://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_50330.shtml
I didn't think that, but always like to get "news" confirmed. There was a past rumor on this thread regarding Christian testing positive for something that was never verified and is now considered a hoax. Anyway, thanks.

Watched WWE's doc on Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. Fantastic. I forgot how funny he was.

Pedro Morales was getting double-teamed and here is the commentary:

Gorilla: HERE COMES TITO SANTANA!

Brain: Chico Santana? Somebody call immigration!

:lmao: :lmao:

Ah, I miss those days.

Watched WWE's doc on Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. Fantastic. I forgot how funny he was.Pedro Morales was getting double-teamed and here is the commentary:Gorilla: HERE COMES TITO SANTANA!Brain: Chico Santana? Somebody call immigration! :lmao: :lmao: Ah, I miss those days.
'Tito Santana is like a cue ball, the more you strike him, the more English you get'. Even as a kid, I :lmao:

Watched WWE's doc on Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. Fantastic. I forgot how funny he was.Pedro Morales was getting double-teamed and here is the commentary:Gorilla: HERE COMES TITO SANTANA!Brain: Chico Santana? Somebody call immigration! :lmao: :lmao: Ah, I miss those days.
'Tito Santana is like a cue ball, the more you strike him, the more English you get'. Even as a kid, I :lmao:
:thumbup: As we get older, and the world gets less and less PC, his schtick was GOLD. GOLD.

The match that made Stone Cold Steve Austin and (I think) marked the turning point for the WWF. Brilliant match.

Oh oh, from PW Torch

========================

The Miz appeared to suffer a leg injury during a post-Raw dark match after Raw went off the air Monday night in Richmond, Virginia.

During the bonus main event of WWE champion John Cena vs. The Miz, there was a spot where Cena threw Miz out of the ring and Miz landed wrong and awkwardly on his leg.

Correspondents have indicated Miz acted hurt to the extent that it appeared he may have broken his leg. Miz was carried away from ringside by paramedics after the apparent injury.

Cena showed concern as Miz was taken away and the match simply ended without an announced finish. Cena then thanked the fans for attending to conclude the taping.

In one of Tito's matches he went outside the ring after his opponent and when he walked by Gorilla and Brain you heard Brain say to Tito: Yes Senor, we'll take two #2 taco/burrito combo platters hold the hot sauce and two margaritas.Gorilla: Will you stop!

Another time during a Chico Santana match

Brain: "Hey Gorilla, do you know what arriba means?"

Gorilla: "No, what?"

Brain: "It means 'Swim faster, the border guards are coming"

Gorilla: Will you stop...

Anybody remember this one when WWF had a 1.900 number:

Gorilla: "Remember Kids to ask your parent's permission before calling."

Brain: "And if they don't give you permission, just take a baseball bat, sneak up behind them, and bam!"

Watched DX:One Last Stand on Netflix streaming. Must admit that I missed both the original DX run as well as this second one. While this video was entertaining, it was kind of sad seeing HHH and HBK try and rekindle something that from what I have read and seen was much bigger back in the day.

Watching the Rock's DVD now on streaming (6 hours or material :eek: ). Really enjoying it. Again, I missed out on almost all of the Nation of Domination stuff and The Corporate Champion stuff, not getting back into wrestling until 1999 (and back out a couple of years later). The matches with Rock and Foley were really good stuff.

Anybody remember this one when WWF had a 1.900 number:Gorilla: "Remember Kids to ask your parent's permission before calling." Brain: "And if they don't give you permission, just take a baseball bat, sneak up behind them, and bam!"
Brain was the best. My favorite moment was when Brain and Gorilla were commenting on a midget battle royal. There were about 20 midget wrestlers in the ring bouncing around going at each other.Gorilla: "The action is intense."Brain: "It looks like a riot at a daycare center!"

quote:

@WRESTLEZONEcom MASSIVE BREAKING NEWS: After Raw went off the air, Michael Cole announced that CM Punk has been suspended indefinitely.

Users who are viewing this thread