What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BOSTON sports - How did we ever get so (2 Viewers)

Booing a team off the ice after they go down 1-0 at the end of the first period of Game 7 in the playoffs, ten months after that team won the Stanley Cup? Embarrassing.

Worst fans is sports, and its not close. Boston fans don't deserve the great teams that play for them.

Booing a team off the ice after they go down 1-0 at the end of the first period of Game 7 in the playoffs, ten months after that team won the Stanley Cup? Embarrassing.

Worst fans is sports, and its not close. Boston fans don't deserve the great teams that play for them.
:goodposting: :lmao:

And did you see them throwing the towels at the black guy after he scored the game winner?

Let's not forget most of the crowd bailing the instant the game was over. In most cities, the crowd will hang around for the handshake and to give the team a standing ovation for the great series they just witnessed, but not a Boston crowd. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Animals . But I love how Bruins fans are being painted with a broad brush because of a few disgusting & ignorant people on twitter
looks like a lot more than a few.also, I seem to recall a few Bruins fans around these parts doing something similar (i.e., painting with a broad brush) with regard to the riots in Vancouver last year.
32 disgusting jackasses on twitter Vs the rioting in vancouver. Hmmm

http://chirpstory.com/li/6781

thoughts on your fellow Boston fans?
Animals . But I love how Bruins fans are being painted with a broad brush because of a few disgusting & ignorant people on twitter
looks like a lot more than a few.also, I seem to recall a few Bruins fans around these parts doing something similar (i.e., painting with a broad brush) with regard to the riots in Vancouver last year.
32? You sure about that number?http://capitalsoutsider.com/2012/04/25/social-media-around-game-7-is-tainted-by-racism/

It’s unbelievable stuff, and I’m out of my element writing about it, but frankly it speaks for itself. I don’t want to misrepresent what I saw. There were thousands of tweets, and these were just a few of them. A few hateful, shocking tweets that I handpicked to share here. For a sport that has struggled with issues of racism in the past, and that struggles now with issues of safety and sportsmanship, it is unfortunate to say the least.

32? You sure about that number?http://capitalsoutsider.com/2012/04/25/social-media-around-game-7-is-tainted-by-racism/

It’s unbelievable stuff, and I’m out of my element writing about it, but frankly it speaks for itself. I don’t want to misrepresent what I saw. There were thousands of tweets, and these were just a few of them. A few hateful, shocking tweets that I handpicked to share here. For a sport that has struggled with issues of racism in the past, and that struggles now with issues of safety and sportsmanship, it is unfortunate to say the least.
:shrug: I just counted the 32 #######s linked in the story. The answer is probably somewhere in the middle of 32 & " thousands". GB social media showing the world who these morons are. I hope full names are exposed

:shrug: I just counted the 32 #######s linked in the story. The answer is probably somewhere in the middle of 32 & " thousands". GB social media showing the world who these morons are. I hope full names are exposed
A few thousand Boston fans hurling racial slurs from behind a keyboard vs a few thousand Canucks fans smashing #### in the streets and having to face the consequences of their actions... Hmmmmm

Just came here to post a similar article. These comments are piss-poor.Capitals Joel Ward Scores Game 7 Overtime Winner – Bruins Fans Unleash N-Word Barrage on Twitter

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/04/capitals-joel-ward-scores-game-7-overtime-winner-bruins-fans-unleash-n-word-barrage-on-twitter/
nice job by the fanbase to directly hurt your team. I have to think it will be some time before a player of a different skin color chooses to play for the Bruins. And funny enough, i see comments from the organization and other NHl players, but nothing from the guys on the team: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/26/bruins-very-disappointed-by-racist-tweets-simmonds-calls-those-responsible-gutless/

Im proud to root for the greatest era for any town in modern sports history. Im not proud that those guys root for the same team, and I think most everyone would agree that those guys are awful.

There are bad fans in all towns. White Sox fans jumped the rails and beat a coach senseless. Vancouver fans rioted in their own city (talk about stupid). Detroit fans fought basketball players. Dodgers fans nearly killed a Giants' fan last year on opening day. Raiders and Chargers fans have stabbed each other. Oregon Duck basketball fans chanted out things to Kevin Love that made me want to turn back in my football tickets.

The world is full of stupid people and thank god a medium like Twitter can bring the cockroaches out to light. Public humiliation just might stop them from doing it again. I don't blame all Boston fans for this, but it is a black eye that the city should be ashamed of. I certainly would be smug about my fandom this morning, that's for sure. Eat a little crow and distance yourself as far and as fast as you can from these idiots.

really quiet in here today. where did all the superfans go?
They're all tweeting racist garbage.
I'm pretty dumb when it comes to Twitter (and all technology in general) but I went to search out a few of the Tweeters and their pages are gone. Did these cowards just delete their accounts?
funny enough, i did the same thing. Got caught in as vortex of checking this stuff out. there are a few still up where you get a nice defiant d-bag saying how he is proud he said those things, a few apologetic people (with the best quotes like "I'm not racist, i was just upset), and the few that mention everybody uses the N-word and anybody who says they haven't is a liar. And I am not well-versed in twitter either, but it did seem like half or so did delete their accounts.

I'm pretty dumb when it comes to Twitter (and all technology in general) but I went to search out a few of the Tweeters and their pages are gone. Did these cowards just delete their accounts?
funny enough, i did the same thing. Got caught in as vortex of checking this stuff out. there are a few still up where you get a nice defiant d-bag saying how he is proud he said those things, a few apologetic people (with the best quotes like "I'm not racist, i was just upset), and the few that mention everybody uses the N-word and anybody who says they haven't is a liar. And I am not well-versed in twitter either, but it did seem like half or so did delete their accounts.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Me too. I spent probably an hour of my life I'll never get back trying to navigate my way around Twitter to see if I could find Mastabates23. :bag:

How stupid do you have to be Tweet something like this out? Unreal.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Me too. I spent probably an hour of my life I'll never get back trying to navigate my way around Twitter to see if I could find Mastabates23. :bag:

How stupid do you have to be Tweet something like this out? Unreal.
it is a great consequence for what the kids did though. One of the kids on there looked like he was a high school kid or something, and had some girls who checked him out on twitter, and they all wrote how they thought they knew the kid and how they are so saddened by this now. Everybody talks about how the internet is bad because how it can spread such hate, etc., but nothing like some goober in high school now being ostracized from all the females because of a dumb thing he said after the Bruins lost. has to be the worst punishment i can think of

Just when things were starting to look bleak for the Olde Towne Team...

JAMES LONEY packs his bags and heads to Fenway!

:banned:

Florida Marlins at Los Angeles Dodgers - Scoring Summary

1st - J Reyes grounded out to shortstop, G Hernandez scored.

1st - L Cruz doubled to right, M Ellis scored.

1st - A Gonzalez homered to right, L Cruz and M Kemp scored

I think Raider Nation may have been gang raped by like 40 dudes from Southie at some point in his life. Dude is obsessed.

Meanwhile, you couldn't get these people to watch a Pats game in September and October if you offered them a thousand bucks and a Kate Upton rimjob.
:lmao: :lmao:
I liked this one:
A truly tough man keeps his chin up when life gets difficult. When life gets difficult for a Boston fan, he calls WEEI eight times a day to wail like a [naughty words]. There's nothing tough about these people. France could invade New England tomorrow and seize 80 percent of the land with minimal effort, because Tommy from Quinzee would be too busy demanding that the bartender put more Everlast songs on the jukebox.

Meanwhile, you couldn't get these people to watch a Pats game in September and October if you offered them a thousand bucks and a Kate Upton rimjob.
I liked this one:
A truly tough man keeps his chin up when life gets difficult. When life gets difficult for a Boston fan, he calls WEEI eight times a day to wail like a [naughty words]. There's nothing tough about these people. France could invade New England tomorrow and seize 80 percent of the land with minimal effort, because Tommy from Quinzee would be too busy demanding that the bartender put more Everlast songs on the jukebox.

Users who are viewing this thread