What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rehab - About to check myself in (1 Viewer)

Also, I thought some folks around here had met Fin in person.
There are people who have met me in person. A handful. And there's people who are Facebook friends with me as well. They know I'm a real person. And they know most of what I post is legit. I only really post in the bases forum now because after a while it gets old when everything you post is dismissed as shtick.

I hope you aren't using or sharing dirty needles. If you are, you better tell your girlfriend.
He'll no. I buy needles 100 at a time from the pharmacy. She knows the deal which is so crazy because she is such a goodie two shoes. Most hygienic, cleanest girl I have ever met. She loves me though.

The funny thing is I did most of Cake draft in full blon withdrawal. I kicked for over two weeks during that period.

i know what 40mg of hydrocodone feels like. i can't even imagine what oxy is like.
oxycodone is 1.5x stronger than hydrocodone, so that should give you an idea.
It is a heck of a lot stronger than that. Synthetic heroin is really the only way to describe it.
my bad, I should've specified oral dosage, and it's between 1.5-2x stronger, according to most opioid equivalency charts I've seen (like this one: http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.htm). They usually put oral hydrocodone at about 4-6x stronger than an equivalent dose of codeine and oral oxycodone at about 8-10x stronger. I've used both types recreationally more than a few times - oxy's definitely stronger, but it's not drastically different in itself. But this is all talking about oral dosage, and maybe that's where we're disagreeing - if you get into insufflation then oxy's more powerful, but you can't do that with hydrocodone anyway. I'm not trying to minimize Finless' situation at all though - oxy addiction is a serious problem and it's hell to beat. Good luck to ya, GB.

Wikkid are you from Boston and are you sober? I was a legend in the AA community for a decade.
Grew up in Jamaica Plain, HS in Salem. Except for a few six-month blocks in NYC & Vt, i've lived in the high desert since '78.Not sober - even though i drank at alcoholic volumes for over a decade, it was all to even out the ####. I'm not addicted to alcohol & can get drunk without any need to get drunker or drink again. Have a glass of my late wife's favorite beverage (B&B) once a wk to quench her hellbound thirst & party a halfdozen times a yr tops. Never been to a meeting or used 12-step philosophy.

I hope you aren't using or sharing dirty needles. If you are, you better tell your girlfriend.
A friend/next door neighbor of mine in college contracted aids from a former girlfriend who had been an IV user. She didn't tell him until it was too late. This was in the mid to late 80's. Garland died in '93 of aids. He was such a nice guy.

i know what 40mg of hydrocodone feels like. i can't even imagine what oxy is like.
It is a heck of a lot stronger than that. Synthetic heroin is really the only way to describe it.
my bad, I should've specified oral dosage, and it's between 1.5-2x stronger, according to most opioid equivalency charts I've seen (like this one: http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.htm). They usually put oral hydrocodone at about 4-6x stronger than an equivalent dose of codeine and oral oxycodone at about 8-10x stronger. I've used both types recreationally more than a few times - oxy's definitely stronger, but it's not drastically different in itself. But this is all talking about oral dosage, and maybe that's where we're disagreeing - if you get into insufflation then oxy's more powerful, but you can't do that with hydrocodone anyway. I'm not trying to minimize Finless' situation at all though - oxy addiction is a serious problem and it's hell to beat. Good luck to ya, GB.
That would explain it right there.

When I was doing Oxy I was using 30MG Roxicet. It's basically a percocet without the acetaminophen. To put things into perspective I would IV between 6 and 8 of those a day. That is 180 to 240 MGs of oxycodone...like 24 percocets. Oxycodone is supposivly the hardest of all opioids to kick.

'Thread Killer said:
Yet you still had to throw in a couple things to brag about, didn't you? Just because you say, "This is not shtick", doesn't mean it's not shtick.Hopefully, you'll emerge a humbled person.
Who are you? Clearly an alias. Clearly have a beef with me. Where was I bragging in my OP?

'Thread Killer said:
Yet you still had to throw in a couple things to brag about, didn't you? Just because you say, "This is not shtick", doesn't mean it's not shtick.Hopefully, you'll emerge a humbled person.
Who are you? Clearly an alias. Clearly have a beef with me. Where was I bragging in my OP?
Haters gonna hate Fin.

Tell me about the first time you IV'd. Did you have help?

Do you nod?

Do they still stamp names on the stuff? I remember it being named like Tyson, 911 and Diet People but this was a long time ago.

Do you buy by the bundle?

Did you use methadone to get off of it the last time?

Growing up in the city I've seen a lot. H is one thing I'm glad I've never tried; I've seen it wreck a lot of people.

GL GB

I was a legend in the AA community for a decade.
He'll no. I buy needles 100 at a time from the pharmacy. She knows the deal which is so crazy because she is such a goodie two shoes. Most hygienic, cleanest girl I have ever met. She loves me though.
When I was doing Oxy I was using 30MG Roxicet. It's basically a percocet without the acetaminophen. To put things into perspective I would IV between 6 and 8 of those a day. That is 180 to 240 MGs of oxycodone...like 24 percocets. Oxycodone is supposivly the hardest of all opioids to kick.
'Thread Killer said:
Yet you still had to throw in a couple things to brag about, didn't you? Just because you say, "This is not shtick", doesn't mean it's not shtick.

Hopefully, you'll emerge a humbled person.
By the sounds of it, you aint even close to a place where rehab is gonna do you any good. You still have waaaay to much of your ego ideal wrapped up in being a drug "player" to make the necessary change. Saving yourself is an act of humility, not of heroism. Save your money - matter of fact, gimme half.

Tell me about the first time you IV'd. Did you have help? No, I was drunk at the time and had been sniffing dope on and off for about 3 years. Never had an addiction though. I sniffed a bag and puked. I was like "Damn I keep wasting this stuff puking. Timmy, gimme a rig I'm mainlining this ____. He declined and I just took a fresh outfit from him and went to work. Never sniffed it again.

Do you nod? Only when I use a real lot. I don't even like the effects produced. If I smoke herb after fixing then I nod.I think I'm just addicted to the ritual which makes quitting much easier then it was back east where the stuff gave me an amazing rush that I chased for years.

Do they still stamp names on the stuff? I remember it being named like Tyson, 911 and Diet People but this was a long time ago. That's east coast style. I used to get Viper (that was Philly family stuff - the best and Knockout. When I sold mine it was just plain - no name and everyone knew that is what they wanted. I was living up in northern New England at the time. Far from any major city...400% markup. I worked with Dominicans. THey treated me like family. Then they tried to give the business I built away to some stiff I knew. I ended up taking a pretty good score from them. Holed up in a king suit for a few weeks. Got raided by the DEA and ATF. They missed me though I had nothing of significance. Got sober 4 months later. The stuff I buy now just comes in little tied off balloons. It's Mexican stuff unlike the rest out the country which gets it from Afghanistan. The Afghani stuff is MUCH better.

Do you buy by the bundle? Only on the east coast. I would get it 500 to 1000 bags at a time. A bundle is 10 bags..

Did you use methadone to get off of it the last time? Yes January 17 of 2000. I started at 25mgs for a few days and tapered down. I was selling it at the time and had so much that the amount that the detox was allowed to give me didn't even take the edge off. I didn't sleep a wink for over 2 weeks and got down to 117 pounds. My fighting weight is around 160.

Growing up in the city I've seen a lot. H is one thing I'm glad I've never tried; I've seen it wreck a lot of people. It's the only thing besides my girlfriend that has grabbed me like this.

GL GB

I was a legend in the AA community for a decade.
'Thread Killer said:
Yet you still had to throw in a couple things to brag about, didn't you? Just because you say, "This is not shtick", doesn't mean it's not shtick.

Hopefully, you'll emerge a humbled person.
By the sounds of it, you aint even close to a place where rehab is gonna do you any good. You still have waaaay to much of your ego ideal wrapped up in being a drug "player" to make the necessary change. Saving yourself is an act of humility, not of heroism. Save your money - matter of fact, gimme half.
No, I do this alone. No one knows about my life. Its very hidden. I'm almost broke. I have never been humbled like this in my life. Next step would be homeless, honestly. I used to travel around the country and go to conferences. I helped a lot of new AA's out.

Just reading stories about slaming junk makes me cup my inner arm and flex my arms in. How the hell can you stick yourself with a needle? God love you brother....

This is a tough one, bro. Fin keeps setting off my BS detector then resetting it.

This is a tough one, bro. Fin keeps setting off my BS detector then resetting it.
:goodposting: but he's starting to set it off more than reset it for me.

Just reading stories about slaming junk makes me cup my inner arm and flex my arms in. How the hell can you stick yourself with a needle? God love you brother....
I use a 31 gauge needle. It's so fine you honestly can't even feel it.

Tell me about times you've used for the first time in front of people you knew didn't use (or thought didn't) use. Were you bold about it? Just pulled out and started slamming while they're looking? What was their reaction?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what u mean, here, Chaos. All i'm saying is that, unless and until Fin reaches a level of humility that at least matches his circumstances, he would be wasting whatever chance at a cure which rehab might offer. Still way wrapped up in the minutia of where he's at & not the maxutia - i know that play and its a sick play, an inner game destined to beat him.

:goodposting: but he's starting to set it off more than reset it for me.
What is it exactly that you're saying? I'm confused. Are you thinking I'm just bored making this all up? I can link some photographic evidence if you think I owe it to the board since I've been allegedly fishing it with lies for a decade. This story is true. Anytime I make a post that is beyond a paragraph it's legit. As Nigel pointed out, its fairly easy to differentiate the joke thread from the real. Me buying a segway was clearly a joke thread. It's not even fishing. It's just something I think is funny. I have never started a thread about a situation in my life with the intent of fishing people here. I have no need for that. Go ahead and do a search on threads started by me. You tell me where I'm making up a story about myself to fish the board because I have nothing better to do. I'm a different kind of cat. I've lived a colorful life. Lots of ups and downs. Success and failure. I've been homeless before. I have slept in shelters. I have eaten in soup kitchens. I've been stabbed, shot. And I've also had a lot of really cool things happen in my life as well. I came to the conclusion last night while talking with a very close friend, a girl I regretfully dated, that I am addicted to self destruction. I fall for women who are bad for me. I was addicted to gambling, opiates. What I was getting at was that I don't even know if I classify myself as an addict. I feel like there is something inside of me that draws me to things that will eventually kill me.

What is it exactly that you're saying? I'm confused. Are you thinking I'm just bored making this all up? I can link some photographic evidence if you think I owe it to the board since I've been allegedly fishing it with lies for a decade. This story is true. Anytime I make a post that is beyond a paragraph it's legit. As Nigel pointed out, its fairly easy to differentiate the joke thread from the real. Me buying a segway was clearly a joke thread. It's not even fishing. It's just something I think is funny. I have never started a thread about a situation in my life with the intent of fishing people here. I have no need for that. Go ahead and do a search on threads started by me. You tell me where I'm making up a story about myself to fish the board because I have nothing better to do. I'm a different kind of cat. I've lived a colorful life. Lots of ups and downs. Success and failure. I've been homeless before. I have slept in shelters. I have eaten in soup kitchens. I've been stabbed, shot. And I've also had a lot of really cool things happen in my life as well. I came to the conclusion last night while talking with a very close friend, a girl I regretfully dated, that I am addicted to self destruction. I fall for women who are bad for me. I was addicted to gambling, opiates. What I was getting at was that I don't even know if I classify myself as an addict. I feel like there is something inside of me that draws me to things that will eventually kill me.
You're bragging, dood. Prosecution rests.

Not sure what u mean, here, Chaos. All i'm saying is that, unless and until Fin reaches a level of humility that at least matches his circumstances, he would be wasting whatever chance at a cure which rehab might offer. Still way wrapped up in the minutia of where he's at & not the maxutia - i know that play and its a sick play, an inner game destined to beat him.
Pal, I have gone through this before a decade ago. I know I need help, now. If not I'm going to die. By nature I'm confident, maybe a bit cocky. But I know when I'm beat. I am powerless of this. I can't do it alone. I kicked thrice in the last 5 months. I went through hell; shaking, cold sweats, unbearable stomach cramps, no sleep, projectile vomiting anything that went inside of me. Not to mention the mental aspect. Reliving my life. Thinking of all the mistakes I made. The bad choices. The people I hurt. The people who didn't make it and aren't with us anymore. I sat in the sun of the southwest in the high desert too sick to move. Too sick to make a phone call. Too sick to smoke a cigarette. I fasted for a week sustaining on just liquids.I did the same thing a decade ago. Detox, halfway house, three quarter house. Then I went out on my own and maintained my sobriety for 10 years. During that span I helped a lot of men out. I reached out to the sick in the streets. I brought men into me home and sat with them and talked. Took them through the 12 steps. Watched them grow, gain confidence, become employable, get married, have children. I did my work. I know about humility. You can go ahead and take a paragraph or all of my postings here and judge me and tell me "I'm not ready". I have been embarrassed of myself lately. Where I let myself get to. I was almost evicted last week. I have sold belongings of mine. There's one thing I know. I'm about to go through living hell again for the 4th time this year and this time I'm not coming home until I have some clarity. There is no next time. I'm lucky to be typing right now. I know this.

Pal, I have gone through this before a decade ago. I know I need help, now. If not I'm going to die. By nature I'm confident, maybe a bit cocky. But I know when I'm beat. I am powerless of this. I can't do it alone. I kicked thrice in the last 5 months. I went through hell; shaking, cold sweats, unbearable stomach cramps, no sleep, projectile vomiting anything that went inside of me. Not to mention the mental aspect. Reliving my life. Thinking of all the mistakes I made. The bad choices. The people I hurt. The people who didn't make it and aren't with us anymore. I sat in the sun of the southwest in the high desert too sick to move. Too sick to make a phone call. Too sick to smoke a cigarette. I fasted for a week sustaining on just liquids.I did the same thing a decade ago. Detox, halfway house, three quarter house. Then I went out on my own and maintained my sobriety for 10 years. During that span I helped a lot of men out. I reached out to the sick in the streets. I brought men into me home and sat with them and talked. Took them through the 12 steps. Watched them grow, gain confidence, become employable, get married, have children. I did my work. I know about humility. You can go ahead and take a paragraph or all of my postings here and judge me and tell me "I'm not ready". I have been embarrassed of myself lately. Where I let myself get to. I was almost evicted last week. I have sold belongings of mine. There's one thing I know. I'm about to go through living hell again for the 4th time this year and this time I'm not coming home until I have some clarity. There is no next time. I'm lucky to be typing right now. I know this.
Fin, i could care less about being more right about you than you are. I'm challenging you to find the place in yourself necessary to beating this thing. And you're not - not even close. Now you're bragging about how humble you are. Not gonna fight. I never slammed, but I know where drugs live inside one & hurt one. I care, I care you get past this. Time to stop hanging your laundry out here on the line and start packing it for a new destination. If i can help, I'm a PM away. GL -

Last edited by a moderator:
A buddy of mine was shooting dope and ended up going to a rehab facility somewhere in Michigan. It's been more then a year now and he is living out there for good. He is still clean and I think a change of scenery and new friends go a long way. You don't have to be the person that you have become or think you have to be. No one will know your past and it's best to not even talk about it.

It must have been generic roxicodone - Roxicet contains acetaminophen.

GL Fin. Takes balls to admit a problem.
Not really. It takes balls to face life head on without chemical help though.
both of these things are true. one doesn't make the other one false. Also, you are an ###.
What is wrong about that? Anyone can talk a good game. He's said himself he's very good at deceiving everybody. Why is this any different? Or are you still pissed about the Super Bowl?

Fin, i could care less about being more right about you than you are. I'm challenging you to find the place in yourself necessary to beating this thing. And you're not - not even close. Now you're bragging about how humble you are.

Not gonna fight. I never slammed, but I know where drugs live inside one & hurt one. I care, I care you get past this. Time to stop hanging your laundry out here on the line and start packing it for a new destination. If i can help, I'm a PM away. GL -
You're just coming from a place of been there, done that. You're condescending me. And since you were hooked on crank 30 years ago you're clearly qualified to judge me and my situation. Tell me I'm a braggart and I'm destined to fail because of my arrogance. Thanks for taking the time to figure this all out for me. I appreciate it. Maybe I won't make it in to detox. Maybe I'll die tonight or tomorrow and one of my Facebook buddies will pass on the news and you can sit back smugly and say "I told you so".

I did the same thing a decade ago. Detox, halfway house, three quarter house. Then I went out on my own and maintained my sobriety for 10 years. During that span I helped a lot of men out. I reached out to the sick in the streets. I brought men into me home and sat with them and talked. Took them through the 12 steps. Watched them grow, gain confidence, become employable, get married, have children. I did my work. I know about humility.
You know what you gotta do, then, Fin. Fwiw, from what I've seen, I think it's harder to come back and do it all over again after a long period of sobriety, than it is to do it the first time. You've no doubt seen others struggle with the same thing. Hang in there, get help, and do what you need to do.That said, why aren't you in detox by now?

I'm agreeing with what you are sensing about his lack of humility, but I'm not sure I agree he isn't ready to kick and clean up, because I'm not sure I trust the story at all. I have doubts. He's certainly familiar with the culture but that isn't enough to convince me. Either are pictures. I've seen the needle, damage, done. I know the broken hearted, beneath pond scum repentance of a dozen strung out junkies ready to kick. I've never ever heard one who was ready come across like Fin. Maybe he's just an ### regardless, but most of those I know were asses anyway. So, one of a dozen things about this thread that bothers me is that he continues to try to impress us. Please. He's a junky. Time to check the ego at the door. We're not impressed. You think he's not ready. I guess you might be right. I would feel the same almost any place but here. Here I sniff a fishing trip.

I'm agreeing with what you are sensing about his lack of humility, but I'm not sure I agree he isn't ready to kick and clean up, because I'm not sure I trust the story at all. I have doubts. He's certainly familiar with the culture but that isn't enough to convince me. Either are pictures. I've seen the needle, damage, done. I know the broken hearted, beneath pond scum repentance of a dozen strung out junkies ready to kick. I've never ever heard one who was ready come across like Fin. Maybe he's just an ### regardless, but most of those I know were asses anyway. So, one of a dozen things about this thread that bothers me is that he continues to try to impress us. Please. He's a junky. Time to check the ego at the door. We're not impressed. You think he's not ready. I guess you might be right. I would feel the same almost any place but here. Here I sniff a fishing trip.
i hear you. thought challenging the guy was worth more in this format than a GL alone. subject i care enough about to get carried away about.

What's the consensus? Shtick? I sure hope it isn't.
You'd prefer to have a guy IRL addicted to drugs and on the verge of death as a result of it? I'd much prefer it being shtick even if it's a bad taste shtick.
:shrug: Yup. I know people who have gone to rehab. I hate to see some d-bag make up ###### trying to get the FFA to come out and give him emotional support because he thinks it's funny.

I'm agreeing with what you are sensing about his lack of humility, but I'm not sure I agree he isn't ready to kick and clean up, because I'm not sure I trust the story at all. I have doubts. He's certainly familiar with the culture but that isn't enough to convince me. Either are pictures.

I've seen the needle, damage, done. I know the broken hearted, beneath pond scum repentance of a dozen strung out junkies ready to kick. I've never ever heard one who was ready come across like Fin. Maybe he's just an ### regardless, but most of those I know were asses anyway. So, one of a dozen things about this thread that bothers me is that he continues to try to impress us. Please. He's a junky. Time to check the ego at the door. We're not impressed. You think he's not ready. I guess you might be right. I would feel the same almost any place but here. Here I sniff a fishing trip.
Really confusing. There is nothing to brag about here. I have to stick a needle in my arm to get out of bed in the morning. I do it another 3-4 times throughout the day. How is that impressive? It's sick and disgusting. Careful with the "Junky" talk though. I'm not a thief. I don't steal. I still have my morals. But, yeah photographic evidence wouldn't be enough to put the fishing accusations to rest?I'm just a FBG who is suffering.

I'm offering free hugs, if anyone is interested.
I'm sure Mr P. can vouche for my sincerity as he's been aware of my struggles for quite some time. Hack, Truck, there's a handful who I've kept in touch with outside of this place. I did most of the Cake draft in full blown withdrawals.

Users who are viewing this thread