What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dorial Green-Beckham (1 Viewer)

Have to agree with this one...

and don't you hate when you get a guy your not totally comfortable, but he's being hyped by every other fantasy player. That's what is happening to me at the moment. Got DGB in a trade and now I have to think he will be a future star, which I doubt. And I'm not sure I doubt it because of DGB, but because of Titans. It will be a run first team with unproven rising QB. Somehow I can't see the "Randy Moss" in him, but  I see this situation more similar to Justin Hunter- a lot of hype and no gain. Hope I'm totally wrong... 
It won't be Britt II and Hunter II. (I am one of ten fans that think Hunter will pan out this year finally but I get your point totally)

They're going from a 2TE and 3 TE offense to Pittsburgh's offense with Hines Ward and Plaxico. That's the best description I can give. The WRs get plenty more work and their blocking is highly valued. 

Mularkey hasn't been in Pitt in quite some time and the O was developed with Robiskie and Bratkowski so it's not exactly that but it's June so bear with me there please. The point is the WRs will be used in a significant manner which is different.

Dowell Loggains' offense was to have Wright run a few steps and cut across the field. They were either the worst O or arguably the worst. Whisenhunt's obsession with forcing the ground game had his tall WR spot running a decoy deep route most of the game. Both Hunter and DGB are finally in a normal offense this year. 

Last year DGB was fantastic on some blocks and whiffed on some others. Probably typical of a rook, but just the same when he used his big bod to lay a nice block wow he blew someone up. For the run game, Mularkey only needs to coach up that blocking some to get it to be consistent. He is a real good bet to be starting.

Once camp starts, we'll start to hear of WRs being benched or criticized for poor blocking. That's what happened years ago in many NFL camps and they have an ancient staff. DGB should fare well here and if he's not the top WR he'll drift up there.

There has never been an NFL O that just ran the ball. Not even in the 60s. Those Steelers ran an awful lot and also passed. Don't allow too much Henry/Murray hype to let you believe they won't be passing.

On the other extreme, I wouldn't expect two WRs to get 1000 yards like in Pitt but their offense is something in June that you can consider in a general sense.

One of the debatable issues with this offense, in my opinion, is the slot. Delanie is supposedly blocking more. They have ineffective or inexperienced WRs in the slot. He is 'right there' and he has played slot on a good number of plays for the Titans. He was phenomenal last year despite everyone knowing the passes were coming his way. I think maybe they open the season supporting this "he'll be used less" thinking but by week 2 or 3, the slot WRs struggle and he is back to being a big part of the offense. He can just play third downs and make a huge impact. I'm not buying that Sharpe will get more work than him. Nor that Wright or Douglass whom don't do well in traffic but do well on short quick passes will get the work. "We signed Matthews" yeah well he can move outside. See people speak on it like "on occasion" Delanie will be used....no no, on occasion those guys will be used, Delanie will be the man in the middle. 

Stevens is one of the best blocking TEs ever IMO. I'm not buying the "they need his blocking" selling point either

*semantics*

let me rephrase, DGB was nowhere near NFL-ready (relative to other incoming rookies) last season, and is still behind where you would expect an average NFL starter to be in terms of WR skills. His FF value is based more on expectation (or potential is a nicer term) than just about any other player imo
Now that I went to PFR, he started 5 games not eight so that means two of five starts were 100 yards. Again, that's fine for a rook.

He was the fifth best rookie WR last year and that was an excellent class by many accounts. 

He's blessed with a Calvin type body. He can quite literally learn on the fly.

He's got plenty to learn. Cooper looked to me like the only NFL ready WR despite my reading everyone saying one of Funchess, Conley, Dorsett, Parker, White, Perriman, Agholor, or even Strong would be special. 

Guess what? Everyone was wrong to think all those WRs would produce well their rookie years as only Cooper got 1000 yards. Cooper probably learns plenty it's just less obvious. All those guys still have a lot of learning to do.

I'm not sure how you can possibly measure what DGB has to learn versus what the others do to make such a statement but you did so...

Perriman and White sat. DGB playing surely put him ahead of those two. Parker sat plenty.

I think Strong is a bust like Jacoby Jones there. Something, unsure what, I just don't see it.

I thought the Eagles guy looked good in preseason and they should have 'thrown him to the wolves' more.

I couldn't get Benjamin out of my head. He was excellent while Funchess struggled. I'm not sure I evaluated Funchess fairly.

The Chiefs (and Eagles) seem to throw to just one WR. I'm not sure Conley will ever do anything as long as Maclin is there. I saw an awful lot of Albert and DeAnthony, I don't think Conley got a ton of time. DeAnthony looks to me like the new and improved McCluster so I'm not sure Conley will even get the #2 spot. They like a certain type there.

Aiken did way better than expected in Baltimore last year. I think Perriman will get a lot of work but unsure just how much. No one starts over Smith if he's healthy.

I like Dorsett and the praise here was so strong last summer, but is it wrong to think the Colts ought to get some WRs over 6 feet tall besides Moncrief? 

For DGB versus the others, I think it comes back to opportunity-always does in FF and he's better than most if we could score this somehow. As far as learning, he and Perriman are blessed with those bods. They can quite literally mess up a route and still reach over some 5'-9" corner and grab the ball. College football isn't producing quality corners over 6-1. These WR types are fortunate. 

While I tried to reply to you putting a grade on learning as a measuring stick. I didn't want to just solely reply with semantics again focusing on that phrase. What do these others (besides Cooper) have that makes you like them more than DGB?

The fifth best rookie comment is a bit disingenuous, 2 of the top rookies sat out all season, and DGB had more opportunity than basically anyone outside of Agholor or Funchess due to injured teammates. But you're def right that DGB doesn't look much off the pace, if at all, of others in his class. The difference is DGB's adp. Look at his ADP vs players like Funchess, Dorsett, Agholor, Lockett, and Perriman. Nothing he showed last season says to me he should be drafted 1 to 4+ rounds in front of those soph peers.

The fifth best rookie comment is a bit disingenuous, 2 of the top rookies sat out all season, and DGB had more opportunity than basically anyone outside of Agholor or Funchess due to injured teammates. But you're def right that DGB doesn't look much off the pace, if at all, of others in his class. The difference is DGB's adp. Look at his ADP vs players like Funchess, Dorsett, Agholor, Lockett, and Perriman. Nothing he showed last season says to me he should be drafted 1 to 4+ rounds in front of those soph peers.
well one round maybe, but the four rounds is definitely a hmmm nice value point you brought up. Thanks for pointing it out

Does anyone else sense a negative tone here?

Jim: Hey Nicolas. I know I’ve seen you on Twitter, so thanks for stopping by here. I really think Mularkey is trying to motivate DGB, and temper expectations at the same time. DGB has not arrived. He’d tell you that himself. He was inconsistent last season, and coaches are pushing him to improve. He has enormous potential, no doubt. But I’ve seen a number of big receivers come through town, from Tyrone Calico to Kenny Britt, fall short of expectations with the Titans. Coaches think DGB can be different, and I do, too. Yes, he’s capable of being a top-flight receiver. But he has to stay healthy, and commit himself. Personally, I like him. I think football means a lot to him. But he has to prove his worth on the field, and Mularkey knows it.

Not sure how to explain TZ and DGB both running with twos all of a sudden.

The commentary on that page isn't right. Hunter, not Matthews, is starting and done well.

UDFA Ben Roberts ran with the ones for the second day in a row. Murray didn't get much work today. (Still no idea whom he is) Tyler Marz???? Someone else is playing RT subbing in and out with Conklin. There's definitely two rookies playing RT with the ones but I can't make out the number nor confirm.

Sharpe earned a shot outside. It sounds like Wright earned his way back to a spot in the slot. They deserve credit.

I'm not sure if this is a definite takeaway from DGB though- too many guys "getting a look" today to make this a clear cut demotion. Roberts is such a monkey wrench thrown here.

I'm ready to jump on DGB demotion but technically he and TZ are veterans(one year) and I wouldn't any other time that two rookies got a shot to roll with the ones so I'm holding back from jumping on this here. 

There's one practice left til a break and then training camp. Sometimes that final practice isn't the most difficult and is more teaching and discussion. This could have been considered the last practice before camp and Mularkey wanted to send a message to TZ and DGB to work on things in the gap between now and TC. 

Restraining myself from jumping on this here

I am not sure how these beat writers are able to declare the depth chart on their own without pads on. 

Coaches just want to see different guys with different groups. If this continues in training camp then sure. Doesn't mean much right now. There just isn't a whole lot else to talk about.

As I understand it, thus far it's been obvious as far as like a top group.

Hunter and DGB take 10-20 snaps then Matthews and (whomever) come in. That's enough when it's everyday the same two.

5 or 6 WRs catch passes from Mariota, the rest from Cassel and youtube guy. I think that draws a line. If you're not catching em' from Mariota, you probably aren't making it. This is also why people are expecting Douglas to be gone.

There's very little on Matthews but he seems to be the only one regularly playing all three spots. He's doing well. He just hasn't beat anyone out. 

There does to be a lot of smoke regarding the Titans' wrs not doing well:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2016/06/14/mularkey-titans-wrs-must-win-more-long-ball-battles/85883968/

http://qctimes.com/sports/football/professional/titans-pushing-wide-receivers-to-play-up-to-their-potential/article_0b41793f-3fdd-5c57-912f-ad92ff24792e.html

The troubling news this offseason is that — up until this past week — Green-Beckham was again limited by a hamstring strain, an injury that’s troubled him all the way back to high school.

“We’re still waiting on results to figure out why that is,” Green-Beckham said. “I’ve always had these hamstring problems.
http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2016/05/28/titans-receivers-ready-extra-scrutiny-mike-mularkey/85060504/

Here is the ESPN article he is referencing.

Fifth-round WR Tajae Sharpe running with Titans' first team

I would have dropped this in a Sharpe thread but there isn't one listed in the index. If he keeps running with the 1st team he may need his own thread.

“He’s right there right now, he could be our starter, he could be the starting X,” receiver coach Bob Bratkowski said. “... He’s competing for it, nothing’s given to him at this point. But he’s performing at a level as high, or higher, than any of the guys in the group.

Last edited by a moderator:
maf005 Teresa Walker is using yesterday's quote for today's news. I'm not a fan of that.

It IS pertinent but IMO a prior day's quote should only reaffirm thoughts not be the be all end all of the story

I listen everyday and take notes, here's what he said-

Is Sharpe running with the ones, pushing/challenging Hunter and DGB?
"I'm not purposely doing that. I think if you're any kind of competitor, any kind of competitor, that would be a push. ...He's been the most consistent."

Matthews wasn't mentioned.

Here's Hunter-

Justin Hunter made a few plays today. Has he answered the bell for you?
No, he needed to. He's kind of been up and down a little bit. I told him in stretch 'look you're gonna have some one on one situations. We gotta get to that point that the only person that can cover you is you, literally. I want to start building some confidence. Hopefully this is a good day for him. He did have a good day and we take another step tomorrow."

Hunter is only playing the X

DGB is only playing the Z

Normal is Matthews coming in 10th? play for Hunter then 20th? play for DGB. He is definitely not the starter today. Some writers are considering "most used" to be starter but if the ones take the field and it's Hunter opposite Sharpe/DGB then they are it. 

Matthews lacks excitement of the others too. I wouldn't expect him to do squat now. He's mister reliable. Hunter and DGB are freaks, Wright is cat quick and Sharpe has the rookie-ness. Matthews should stand out when guys start messing up and when he has 4 catches in a preseason quarter. He's not the same 'wow' as the rest.

Hunter is really responding to Mularkey's positive 'pushing.' Every single reporter I talk to says he has been 'the man.' Mularkey isn't satisfied until he's Julio Jones/AJ Green since Hunter has immense potential and is an infamous practice player. 

I think the patience is thin with Hunter and Matthews is oh so ready to replace him, but thus far Hunter has really come thru.

I didn't listen to yesterday's presser til now.

Few things- My guess was right, today's final practice before TC wasn't the most difficult or anything. Owner addressing team, taking time to discuss the break in posiiton meetings and together. So consider yesterday the last practice and two rookies got in at Z, two veterans(again, loosely, one year) ran with the second.

Yesterday DGB did get called out for not lining up in the right spots by Mularkey. Regardless of the day, you do this enough you get bumped to the 2nd unit. That's unacceptable. He should "beat himself up" over it during the break. That's beginner football stuff.

Otherwise, Mularkey said he's trying to (gotta listen again) not criticize. This is important. He's gotta massage the young player egos that Whis was so hard on. I don't think he means he's not criticizing. This is a regular topic discussed often. He's telling those that played under Whis that he wants them to be successful, if ya do XYZ, it's going to make you better. Technically, he IS pointing out a mistake and criticizing...there's total different vibe to it than the last two years.

Mularkey called his starters in pieces of different quotes. Hunter, Sharpe, Wright in slot

I didn't listen to yesterday's presser til now.

Few things- My guess was right, today's final practice before TC wasn't the most difficult or anything. Owner addressing team, taking time to discuss the break in posiiton meetings and together. So consider yesterday the last practice and two rookies got in at Z, two veterans(again, loosely, one year) ran with the second.

Yesterday DGB did get called out for not lining up in the right spots by Mularkey. Regardless of the day, you do this enough you get bumped to the 2nd unit. That's unacceptable. He should "beat himself up" over it during the break. That's beginner football stuff.

Otherwise, Mularkey said he's trying to (gotta listen again) not criticize. This is important. He's gotta massage the young player egos that Whis was so hard on. I don't think he means he's not criticizing. This is a regular topic discussed often. He's telling those that played under Whis that he wants them to be successful, if ya do XYZ, it's going to make you better. Technically, he IS pointing out a mistake and criticizing...there's total different vibe to it than the last two years.

Mularkey called his starters in pieces of different quotes. Hunter, Sharpe, Wright in slot
Love these update Bri, very good stuff here as always. 

If you had to guess, what % likelihood would you say that DGB starts week 1? Or any of Tennessee's top 6 WRs 

Love these update Bri, very good stuff here as always. 

If you had to guess, what % likelihood would you say that DGB starts week 1? Or any of Tennessee's top 6 WRs 
Thank you

I am very impressed by Mularkey and I wrote an article even that he's different. It might just be mopey I took over a losing team guy versus I have confidence in my staff. He is not the same at all.

He's dead on- the wide receivers have not produced enough, any of them. Every one seems to have a short leash, get pulled in, and then does well and gets an atta boy. You can about see his process and I like it. It's professional.

They haven't had a coach like that and they haven't had competition. Everyone was always the assured starter. I don't know because I've never seen it either.

We've seen it's Sharpe versus DGB outside(and TZ was there with the ones all but last two days so I assume him too). I'm waiting on Matthews to get some statement where he is Hunter's backup but he keeps floating. Technically Hunter is backed up by nonames and Matthews has no position-or "supersub." I think there's ego here and history. He keeps going at Hunter and pushing him and supposedly he's rocking. The guy has Calvin Julio potential and has been nowhere near so he has a ton to grow but that he is growing is huge. He's 24, a young guy with experience now. Hunter's history is to be the best Titans WR in camp and preseason then not be so good once the season starts. I think this is why Matthews is being used how he is. He'll be supersub if Hunter does well and be "primed and ready" if Hunter doesn't succeed in the regular season.

With the no contact, minimal contact, blocking hasn't mattered too too much. It's a HUGE deal with old coaches and they have 100 of them. "Every rookie" struggles with blocking at first. I expect Sharpe to take a hit here. DGB can be a beast at blocking so he'll get a bump up. Really have to see how this plays out. Non-blockers play in the slot, not outside, and coaches begrudgingly put em' in the slot.

No one seems to have followed up their "Henry in the passing game" articles with how Henry did superbad at practice two days ago picking up the blitz. Again, non-contact. Murray got very little work and then Henry came in and consistently ran to the wrong side and blocked the wrong person. See David Cobb last year or millions of prior examples- you will never play 3rd down if you can't block. This was how he reacted in non-contact. Henry's gonna hear it if he doesn't work on that by TC but....that's why they got some guys in before minicamp closed. To expose some things and have em' work in it from now til TC.

You asked DGB but this is what I expect to happen to Sharpe. 3 days? a week? he's going to catch (best way to word it) Hines Ward's coach's ire for being a poor NFL blocker and then figure it out and respond. DGB will get some love then. Will he line up right and show he got it together during the break? He can take his spot right back then.

I said how the WRs are catching it in their breadbasket when the coaches want em' to go up and get it. TZ is fast and smooth as silk. He is "gone" so quick and to me that's on Mariota. It's his style, hit him and enjoy that speed. If anything, it's annoying TZ has to slow down. DGB is not made like that. He is a beast and plays like a beast and ...go up and get it! What are you doing! It bothered me to watch in videos on the web. I can only imagine how it annoyed Mularkey and Bratkowski. Last year's highlights, college highlights etc he's got the strength and the long arms and muscles for catches. I think maybe he took a habit from his buddy TZ and that was just a young guy making a dopey mistake. Also, FWIW I didn't like Mariota making Wright go get it. He's a little bugger, you gotta be kidding me. Hit him in stride. Mariota needs work in the deep ball (as Mularkey and others said) but the DGB part was totally on DGB. I think they're wrong on Hunter. He has 4.26 or 4.28 speed. He CAN go up and get it and kudos for doing so, but let him use that speed and hit him in stride. Mariota needs a floater. Mett and youtubeguy do this well. I'd like to see him work on that in the time til camp. He only has this strong arm throw deep. I'd like to see him float one and have them run under it. Yeah it's not safe but all teams do it and no one has the tall speed the Titans do at WR. I don't believe deep routes should always be so hyper-critical of timing as if it's a slant. 

Sharpe truly seems better than Wright or viewed as such. If he goes to the slot because he can't block, Wright gets pushed back to 2nd team again. I don't think there's anyway Wright can block how an old time coach wants. He's too tiny and never seen him do it so why would he now. I guess he can go home and improve blocking too but I figure he is well locked in as the slot.

Can't say it enough. They are a two WR offense with a FB. An "exotic smashmouth" offense. There is no slot but on occasions. It's a "subpackage." It is no longer considered a primary set nor is the 3 TE set. Delanie Walker is the Y and no one is beating him out. I don't even know that if it's 3rd and 70 yards that they'd pull Walker. You do not want to be the slot guy this year.

Sorry I'm not making a guess. 50/50. Hope the explanation suffices though.

Wildcard-As someone else pointed out, two days before a common trading period, Wright (who has been running with the second team all offseason) is suddenly touted as doing well and getting first team reps. That is definitely hmmmm since he's the only expensive WR. But the counter would be if DGB isn't doing well, why give up a WR? The timing of Wright's sudden rise back to starter(slot) is hmmmm though

I just typed this in Titans thread but I had texted a friend about if Roberts is just rolling with the ones to get a look at a UDFA and think nothing of it and the reply was "No he's doing really well."

That is a huge monkey wrench. Phrase-That is not supposed to happen. 

I wrote about him here http://sports.yahoo.com/news/titans-add-whatshisname-roberts-edition-062013292.html This is a guy that had some hitting concerns but was quite the outfielder. A super athlete, 3 sports in HS maybe all-state in each- NFL now, MLB draft. 

He was timed at 4.75 but when he was Sportscenter top 10 plays of the week, the dude flew absolutely flew and dove to catch a fly in the outfield. He burned DBs deep in college football "film." He truly looks like the "doesn't test well" type just for athletic measurements. 

Here http://www.wsucougars.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209991395 If you played baseball at all in your life, you know there is no way a slow guy made that play. I don't know how fast he is but....that ain't 4.75 speed

Titans coach Mike Mularkey admits he's trying to motivate Dorial Green-Beckham by not considering him a starter heading into training camp.
"I am hoping they take it personal," Mularkey said of Green-Beckham and Justin Hunter. "And that they’re going to come back in here in better shape, and better prepared and healthy, ready to go out of the first practice." It's a major red flag that the Titans are still having to play these sorts of head games with DGB as a sophomore NFLer. It's plainly inexcusable for him to be behind fifth-rounder Tajae Sharpe on the depth chart, motivational tactic or not. Green-Beckham has immense physical gifts, but needs the light to come on.

Source: Nashville Tennessean

Titans coach Mike Mularkey admits he's trying to motivate Dorial Green-Beckham by not considering him a starter heading into training camp.
"I am hoping they take it personal," Mularkey said of Green-Beckham and Justin Hunter. "And that they’re going to come back in here in better shape, and better prepared and healthy, ready to go out of the first practice." It's a major red flag that the Titans are still having to play these sorts of head games with DGB as a sophomore NFLer. It's plainly inexcusable for him to be behind fifth-rounder Tajae Sharpe on the depth chart, motivational tactic or not. Green-Beckham has immense physical gifts, but needs the light to come on.

Source: Nashville Tennessean

It's all just a ploy to motivate Tatum Bell DGB

Wildcard-As someone else pointed out, two days before a common trading period, Wright (who has been running with the second team all offseason) is suddenly touted as doing well and getting first team reps. That is definitely hmmmm since he's the only expensive WR. But the counter would be if DGB isn't doing well, why give up a WR? The timing of Wright's sudden rise back to starter(slot) is hmmmm though
Check out Wright here

http://www.titansonline.com/video/videos/Kendall_Wright_on_Being_a_Reliable_Receiver/bc60234e-53a0-43da-abbb-9d6f23cc12cb

He is bummed. 

This may have some wings after all

He doesn't look all that happy with "making marcus happy" or meeting him when he texts to work on timing. Brings up "hasn't done it in a game" about Sharpe.

I have zero evidence he's being shopped or anything. I'm just saying if he is...maybe they told him? Somebody could have kicked his dog, it could be anything but...that is not a happy camper.

It could also be how it's not about him anymore. It's marcus and he's just the slot and it's tajae and...he's not the star anymore.

Totally don't know but...

According to the Titans' official website, Dorial Green-Beckham "needs to return to Nashville in better shape" for training camp.
One of the reasons Green-Beckham lost his starting job to Tajae Sharpe in a motivational ploy is that his offseason conditioning wasn't up to snuff. DGB has vowed to be ready for camp after his humbling spring. Green-Beckham is prodigiously talented, but the lightbulb continues to only flicker. It needs to turn on.

Source: titansonline.com

that could be a re-post from last year. He has identical issues

Playbook, concentration, and being in top shape(he wasn't out of shape)

I have been hmmm ever since someone else said he's a guy that likes to get hit and will never do well in the spring. I could see that. I don't know if true, just hmmm. He does use his body well. He does "give it back" after he gets hit and seem to get some fire in his belly. Maybe that's just the big guy's game.

Regardless, I think we should remember he had almost identical story lines and text last year at this time too

Sold Dgb for Michael Floyd. Too many flags to ignore. He may turn into TO, I'm just not sure it's going to be on the field. I think someone will emerge with value here, and as much as they want to pound the rock I see plenty of garbage time stats here. I think it's fair to say Mariota played better as a rookie than expected, it was supposed to take time for him to adjust, and he could take a step forward as well. The rhetoric is they want the wrs to step up and hired extra coaches and all that, so I think they want production out of the wrs desperately, which leads me to believe they will play whoever they think is the best player regardless of draft status or pay grade. Worth picking up for cheap IMO, but another lackluster year or even a demotion in training camp will sink Dgbs value, time to get out.

Sold Dgb for Michael Floyd. Too many flags to ignore. He may turn into TO, I'm just not sure it's going to be on the field. I think someone will emerge with value here, and as much as they want to pound the rock I see plenty of garbage time stats here. I think it's fair to say Mariota played better as a rookie than expected, it was supposed to take time for him to adjust, and he could take a step forward as well. The rhetoric is they want the wrs to step up and hired extra coaches and all that, so I think they want production out of the wrs desperately, which leads me to believe they will play whoever they think is the best player regardless of draft status or pay grade. Worth picking up for cheap IMO, but another lackluster year or even a demotion in training camp will sink Dgbs value, time to get out.
I think you panic sold. Looking back when DGB was drafted we new it would take time to adjust to the NFL game based on his lack of playing. Even if he fails to take the next step this year he is still young and has elite characteristics. You obtained what will be a 27 year old receiver in a great offense that has yet to show he is a reliable force. I believe Floyd is a free agent this year and going to any other offense would probably be a downgrade. 

I disagree.  I think he solidified a floor, instead of holding onto a player who can keep dropping indefinitely.
Maybe it is just a difference in strategy then. I am looking to buy on the dip guys like DGB because of their upside. I am also rarely looking to purchase guys like Floyd due to their limited upside.

I understand that side of the arguement....however I just never play that way. I would rather trade a proven 6 for a guy who could be a 10 in most cases. I understand that the 10 can drop to 0 (as can any player) but I am not interested in building my team with 6s.
I think the real problem here is you thinking DGB has upside of a 10 and that Brown is a 6.  It's more like 8 and 7 to me, but I've never thought DGB was worth investing in.

I think the real problem here is you thinking DGB has upside of a 10 and that Brown is a 6.  It's more like 8 and 7 to me, but I've never thought DGB was worth investing in.
First off it is Floyd we are talking about. And yes I think DGB has the tools to be a force. Now I am not saying there is a high percentage tied to him reaching that level however give me that guy all day long over the guy who I think has plateaued at the 6 level.

Floyd was primed for a breakout before dislocating his fingers. High on Floyd here, and going to a different offense isn't a slam dunk downgrade as there are more mouths to feed in az. Agree Floyd may not get to a 10, but still room to be a solid 8 for a couple years. Guy overweight again, needs motivation from his coach, I'll take what value I can get now vs a year from now.

Floyd was primed for a breakout before dislocating his fingers. High on Floyd here, and going to a different offense isn't a slam dunk downgrade as there are more mouths to feed in az. Agree Floyd may not get to a 10, but still room to be a solid 8 for a couple years. Guy overweight again, needs motivation from his coach, I'll take what value I can get now vs a year from now.
I understand that strategy....I just don't agree with it. We heard the same thing last year from Mularkey and when DGB finally found the field he was their most productive wide receiver after not playing for a year. I will roll the dice on him becoming a WR1 versus getting excited about a WR3. 

Floyd put up 36/636/4 in his last 8 games. His upside is pretty high. He can be a fantasy WR1 in the right situation. I am not sure DGB can. He is a big risk at this point.

His situation next year is a variable but Tenn situation is a negative until they fire their coach.

Dorial Green-Beckham reported to Titans camp at 228 pounds.
That's the lightest he's been since arriving as a second-round pick last year. DGB ran well and aced his conditioning test on Friday, a far cry from last offseason when he showed up to camp overweight. Being in better shape is a good first step, but DGB still has more strides to makes as he hopes to improve on a lackluster rookie season.

Source: John Glennon on Twitter 
Jul 29 - 6:22 PM

Floyd put up 36/636/4 in his last 8 games. His upside is pretty high. He can be a fantasy WR1 in the right situation. I am not sure DGB can. He is a big risk at this point.

His situation next year is a variable but Tenn situation is a negative until they fire their coach.
Problem is he is in the right situation. Also entering his 5th year versus DGB entering his 2nd. 

Rotoworld) Dorial Green-Beckham reported to Titans camp at 228 pounds. Analysis: That's the lightest he's been since arriving as a second-round pick last year. DGB ran well and aced his conditioning test on Friday, a far cry from last offseason when he showed up to camp overweight. Being in better shape is a good first step, but DGB still has more strides to makes as he hopes to improve on a lackluster rookie season.
here we go... at least the direction is right!

Rishard Mathews is the fade here no?  I'd like to put my chip down on Mariota succeeding and Beckham failing.  So Mathews is the play right? 

Rishard Mathews is the fade here no?  I'd like to put my chip down on Mariota succeeding and Beckham failing.  So Mathews is the play right? 
If Mathews is the play then he's not the fade. To fade means to bet against. You'd fade DGB in this scenario.

And yes, I agree. There's still a lot of training camp remaining but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if DGB failed to make the roster. It may come down to Hunter and him for the final wr spot (5 or 6 likely). Maybe Bri can give an update and share his thoughts on the Titans' wrs post-johnson signing

Users who are viewing this thread