What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (5 Viewers)

Always thought bidets seemed unsanitary but I finally took the plunge.

Bought this model during the holiday.

Wish I had bought one years ago.  Can never imagine going back.  Get annoyed when i'm not at home now when nature calls.

You just feel so much cleaner and fresh.  So much less fuss.  No incessant wiping.  Just sit there and enjoy the rinse. 

The nozzle is behind a flap and only appears when you turn the dial.  Also a rinse setting you can use before hand to clean the nozzle.  I wouldnt want to us one in a public restroom but at home it's a slam dunk.

Took me 10 minutes to install.  Comes with the one tool u will need.
Heated or not heated?

It doesn't make a mess?  Idiot proof to use?

:popcorn:

I have to say for how efficient Amazon is their self delivery needs some fine tuning.

Package shipped from a place in PA 1.5 hours from my house to one of their facilities about 30 minutes from me in NJ

It then goes from this facility to a Philadelphia facility about 30 minutes from me.

Then goes out for delivery.

The last 2 packages have done this lol

Questions I have on this:

I have a carpeted cube.  Would it rip up the carpet?

My desk chair is on wheels, would I be struggling to stay in play with any significant resistance?

What kind of wear and tear would this have on my chair?

I assume people would be doing a fairly low effort level on this, and the idea is something akin to a standing work station, or even a walking treadmill workstation, not a spinning class level of effort here?  I can't imagine wanting to work up some serious SWASS while at work.
I bought an exercise mat to put it on.  I wouldn't use it on bare carpet.

I use it on my desk chair.  No struggle at all.

I just started using it but wear and tear on the chair doesn't seem like an issue.

It is fairly low effort but every few minutes I'll amp up the effort for 15-20 seconds.  Try to get the heart rate up a bit.  Overall don't sweat much at all.  Maybe a bit on the seat but nothing that would see through.

I just use it at home when watching tv or on the web.  It's so unobtrusive that you can zone out while using it.  Watch a couple of shows or a game.  Before you know it you've burned 300-400 calories in 90 minutes.

Yeah I wouldn't bring it to work.  Unless I was the boss.

I bought an exercise mat to put it on.  I wouldn't use it on bare carpet.

I use it on my desk chair.  No struggle at all.

I just started using it but wear and tear on the chair doesn't seem like an issue.

It is fairly low effort but every few minutes I'll amp up the effort for 15-20 seconds.  Try to get the heart rate up a bit.  Overall don't sweat much at all.  Maybe a bit on the seat but nothing that would see through.

I just use it at home when watching tv or on the web.  It's so unobtrusive that you can zone out while using it.  Watch a couple of shows or a game.  Before you know it you've burned 300-400 calories in 90 minutes.

Yeah I wouldn't bring it to work.  Unless I was the boss.
I see this in your future.

Wish I had bought one years ago.  Can never imagine going back.  Get annoyed when i'm not at home now when nature calls.

You just feel so much cleaner and fresh.  So much less fuss.  No incessant wiping.  Just sit there and enjoy the rinse. 

The nozzle is behind a flap and only appears when you turn the dial.  Also a rinse setting you can use before hand to clean the nozzle.  I wouldnt want to us one in a public restroom but at home it's a slam dunk.

I'm all for a clean ### but W T F

Just hose your self down then hang it on the side of the john. GROSS

Nah, Daywalker's got it right - on day 1 in Korea, I thought the toilets were scary.  By day 3, I was checking Amazon to see how much they cost.

Do you or anyone else in your family have issues with the water being too cold? I've read reviews but just can't believe that a blast of nearly freezing water on my chocolate starfish at 6am is pleasant. Hot water hookup isn't an option unfortunately.

Do you or anyone else in your family have issues with the water being too cold? I've read reviews but just can't believe that a blast of nearly freezing water on my chocolate starfish at 6am is pleasant. Hot water hookup isn't an option unfortunately.
Oh, I don't know... wait, you said 6 AM? Yeah, terrible. Carry on.

This is one of those novelty purchases where I'd need to get your feedback 2 months from now.  
The promotional photo is bad. Hot chick at a fake desk photoshopped at a weird angle into an empty room, a grainy beachside view pasted into the background, don't even bother to get the pedals near her feet when you paste in the product we're selling.

Just watched the video, you hook it up to your hot water line in the bathroom

The promotional photo is bad. Hot chick at a fake desk photoshopped at a weird angle into an empty room, a grainy beachside view pasted into the background, don't even bother to get the pedals near her feet when you paste in the product we're selling.
:)   That whole picture of her and the desk looks like its just hovering over the floor.

Right, they showed it hooked up to the hot water line going to the sink
I'm not sure that's a viable solution.  Unless you have "instant" hot water, you'd have to run it (and put up with cold water) until the water warms up.  If you do have instant hot water, wouldn't it be too hot?

They update daily: https://smile.amazon.com/ga/giveaways

Some you have to tweet something to enter. Some you have to watch a quick video ad to enter. Some you have to do absolutely nothing. 
Whoa, some of that is junk, but some of it is really nice. Need to set aside 30 mins to go in and watch a bunch of 30 min youtube ads or whatever and get entered for some of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished watching season 2 of Man in the High Castle last weekend, wife and I really liked it and are looking forward to season 3 hopefully sometime this year.

Walmart cheaper than Amazon for most stuff

Big advantage I find with Amazon right now is they seem to have a far wider range of goods probably because they're so integrated with 3rd party vendors.     If I can get there in the morning, I buy a few random things from Walmart with the price being better.   One nice advantage they'd have is that you can return to store so you don't have to eat the return fee with stuff that can't be returned for free to Amazon.    Biggest problem I've had with amazon is that they've expanded into a bunch of stuff I could care less about like movies, music, storage and what I loved them for which was just shipping stuff for free has suffered.   Regardless on how you roll, competition is a good thing.

Walmart cheaper than Amazon for most stuff

Big advantage I find with Amazon right now is they seem to have a far wider range of goods probably because they're so integrated with 3rd party vendors.     If I can get there in the morning, I buy a few random things from Walmart with the price being better.   One nice advantage they'd have is that you can return to store so you don't have to eat the return fee with stuff that can't be returned for free to Amazon.    Biggest problem I've had with amazon is that they've expanded into a bunch of stuff I could care less about like movies, music, storage and what I loved them for which was just shipping stuff for free has suffered.   Regardless on how you roll, competition is a good thing.
I'd pay a higher price to buy from Amazon and have it dropped at my front door, rather than ever set foot in a Walmart. As a middle aged consumer, there are more important things in my retail decisions that simply the lowest rock bottom price.  

If I need something today, I'll go to Target over Walmart, price better or not.

I'd pay a higher price to buy from Amazon and have it dropped at my front door, rather than ever set foot in a Walmart. As a middle aged consumer, there are more important things in my retail decisions that simply the lowest rock bottom price.  

If I need something today, I'll go to Target over Walmart, price better or not.
Well they deliver free.   Its just the +$35 model that amazon originally had (believe it was $+25).    They don't have a subscription plan like Amazon yet.   This is all new for them so I imagine that will be changing soon.   Amazon's whole add on item nonsense is what's recently gave me a lot of 2nd thoughts about them.  I'm paying $99 a year and I can't get this little thing I want until I buy some other stuff.   You can keep your free movies.   Just give me my stuff. 

They could give it away for free and I wouldn't walk into a wal mart. 
I love that place.   Don't talk to anyone.   Don't look at anyone.    Take the mentally that people are just cones that you need to navigate around.     If you're a fast, efficient shopper, you can even make a little game of it in your head.  Love bringing the kids there b/c they just make a racket in the toy area and there's no one even around working to say anything.  You can literally ride the bikes around the aisles and not a peep.   I've never witnessed a more miserable group of employees.    Diamond mines in africa have a higher moral.  THUNDERDOME!!!!

Well they deliver free.   Its just the +$35 model that amazon originally had (believe it was $+25).    They don't have a subscription plan like Amazon yet.   This is all new for them so I imagine that will be changing soon.   Amazon's whole add on item nonsense is what's recently gave me a lot of 2nd thoughts about them.  I'm paying $99 a year and I can't get this little thing I want until I buy some other stuff.   You can keep your free movies.   Just give me my stuff. 
I'm not sure what the add on stuff is.  Haven't run into that before, other than the toiletries stuff that they require a minimum amount.  That makes sense to me.

As far as Walmart, I wouldn't take their delivery service either.  My point was that I don't support Walmart's business practices, so I don't want to give them my money.  Amazon might not be the most respectable business in the world, but for all I know they are better than Walmart, so for now they get my money.

I haven't done too much shopping to form a true A vs B opinion, but the little that has been purchased via Walmart online works just like Amazon and has been cheaper (that's why I chose Walmart for certain items).  Amazon still has a superior user interface, IMO, and the ability to have some things on continual order is nice, plus the added media/streaming benefits will keep it as our #1 retailer.  But Walmart has good stuff and prices that do often beat Amazon, so looking there for certain purchases is now a thing 

I'm not sure what the add on stuff is.  Haven't run into that before, other than the toiletries stuff that they require a minimum amount.  That makes sense to me.

As far as Walmart, I wouldn't take their delivery service either.  My point was that I don't support Walmart's business practices, so I don't want to give them my money.  Amazon might not be the most respectable business in the world, but for all I know they are better than Walmart, so for now they get my money.
Oh, you want some fish food, try spending a little more,   WTF.  Just send me my fish food.   Oh but how nice, I can buy the one for 1/7 the size for more money and get it sent for free.

ETA:  Yeah, I don't think Amazon is winning any medals for how they treat their employees.  This isn't costco we're talking about.  

I love that place.   Don't talk to anyone.   Don't look at anyone.    Take the mentally that people are just cones that you need to navigate around.     If you're a fast, efficient shopper, you can even make a little game of it in your head.  Love bringing the kids there b/c they just make a racket in the toy area and there's no one even around working to say anything.  You can literally ride the bikes around the aisles and not a peep.   I've never witnessed a more miserable group of employees.    Diamond mines in africa have a higher moral.  THUNDERDOME!!!!
:lmao:  I dunno man, I'm afraid of getting some undocumented flu there. The Wal-Flu.

Used to be a favorite pastime of me and the boys in our younger days...get blitzed and/or blazed, head to Wally World after bars closed and test drive all the bikes up and down the aisles while having nerf gun wars, hit up the Awful Waffle after.  At that hour, the employees don't give a chit and won't say anything; they're just there for a paycheck

This made me  :lol:

Amazon is still my default, but I usually check Walmart and Target (free shipping with their credit card) and Lowe's when applicable.  

I don't mind stopping by Walmart to pick something up if it saves me $10.

My inability to drive has caused us to rely on Amazon more and more. If there are some little items that we need then I will order it thru Amazon; if it means we can avoid having to go  to Target or something. This makes our already tight weekends better, also it helps us avoid the 'oh I'm at target, might as well get this and this and this', and you end up walking out spending $100 when you just needed some pencils.

In addition, our closest Walmart is a dump, and we avoid it at all costs. We will go to one when we need to, like when we're at the in-laws and it's the main store in their town, but in general we dislike and avoid Walmarts.

Can't say I am surprised, Wal-Mart's modus operandi for decades has been a loss-leader strategy where they sell key products for consumers at a loss and markup everything else. That's how they were able to run so many mom and pop's out of business from a retail standpoint, that and using their size to demand price concessions from suppliers. I have price compared a few things recently and seen very similar pricing on some things.

Looking at that article, most of the products its comparing are consumer staples like paper towels, toothpaste and ####. I don't buy that from Amazon either, I buy that from Costco where even the article itself says those goods are considerably cheaper than both Wal-Mart and Amazon. I don't trust their findings that the things like TV's, electronics, etc. are cheaper either. That has never been the case when I have price compared. Rarely do you find the same models for sale across retailers, they probably compared "similar" products on their face but in reality are not exactly the same.

I do order on occasion from Walmart and pick up. if there was one closer I maybe would use it more. Last time I ordered from them, I went to the back to pick up my stuff and it took 3 people and about 20 minutes for them to find it. Haven't tried them since.

Amazon is still my default, but I usually check Walmart and Target (free shipping with their credit card) and Lowe's when applicable.  

I don't mind stopping by Walmart to pick something up if it saves me $10.
I don't mind spending an extra 10 bucks to not having to go to the store unsure

Users who are viewing this thread