What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My wife, she's... overweight. (2 Viewers)

ProBowler88 said:
unfortunately for a lot of people, nothing will drive them to take action until something bad happens....like a heart attack for example. Sounds extreme I know, but it's true. Hopefully it won't come to that. Lots of people need that "oh ####" moment for them to finally take action and lose weight.

sig.jpg
What's the fastest way to get your wife to lose weight and dress sexier? Divorce her.

DA RAIDERS said:
johnnycakes said:
culdeus said:
Surprised nobody has brought this up. It's all over facebook and the twitters.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2461752/Exercise-loving-mom-Maria-Kang-branded-bully.html
That looks Asian to me.

Sure enough: 1/2 Malaysian Chinese and 1/2 Filipina.
crack research there..her last name is kang
I was guessing Irish. :shrug:
Based on how many people thought AR's girl's pic looked Asian, it is evident most FBGs don't have a clue what Asian looks like.

James Daulton said:
Yea

culdeus said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2461752/Exercise-loving-mom-Maria-Kang-branded-bully.html
I've heard lots of conversation about this. The most common argument I've heard (and one folks here parrot) is that people with kids simply do not have the time to get in shape. The time would have to come from their family or hobby and people do not want to make that trade. I don't agree with that but it's tough to argue since we have no idea how everyone spends their time. I will say that just eating healthy and in moderation would accomplish work wonders for people.
I can vouch for the fact that you can make time. I have 3 kids, and they have plenty of activities. Both my wife and I work. One year ago my neighbor talked me into running a 1/2 marathon.

I'll preface this by saying I'm quite possibly one of the laziest humans ever, so the whole idea of this scared the hell out of me. I can also say that the running plan I followed started with 30 minutes of running 3 times a week, with a longer run on one of the weekend days. I do my running after the kids go to bed usually. I can also vouch that the running and cutting my beer and soda output more than half made a huge difference. I also eliminated 100% of fast food.

Dropped 20 pounds over a year, and now I just maintain the exercise. The exercise allows you to eat relatively normal and keep the weight off. It's the cutting all the extra stuff that makes a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
DA RAIDERS said:
johnnycakes said:
culdeus said:

That looks Asian to me.

Based on how many people thought AR's girl's pic looked Asian, it is evident most FBGs don't have a clue what Asian looks like.
Yeah, it's a real mystery.

DA RAIDERS said:
johnnycakes said:
culdeus said:

That looks Asian to me.

Yeah, it's a real mystery.
I get it... you're being facetious. haha. But anyone who thought AR's girlfriend looked Asian.. well, that proves the point.

Better off having her fat ........Less likely to cheat.
hmmmmm....sounds like a poll.

A ugly fat wife who doesn't cheat or a hot sexy wife who cheats. I am not sure which way I would go, assuming illegitimate kids are out of the equation.

jon_mx said:
Two Deep said:
Better off having her fat ........Less likely to cheat.
hmmmmm....sounds like a poll.

A ugly fat wife who doesn't cheat or a hot sexy wife who cheats. I am not sure which way I would go, assuming illegitimate kids are out of the equation.
Neither.

But I would assume you at least would have sex with the hot sexy wife. So you'd have that going for you, which is nice.

My wife has always been in good shape even though she hasn't worked out much. Naturally sorta petite/proportionate. She did run for awhile but got knee pain. Then she took some Cardio Barre classes. Loved it but expensive. So she bought the kit online, bar, DVD, etc and does it every day in the front room. That plus going on walks with our dog and eating sensibly has her in fantastic shape - in her late forties. Tightened/toned considerably. Might want to look into Cardio Barre.

My wife has always been in good shape even though she hasn't worked out much. Naturally sorta petite/proportionate. She did run for awhile but got knee pain. Then she took some Cardio Barre classes. Loved it but expensive. So she bought the kit online, bar, DVD, etc and does it every day in the front room. That plus going on walks with our dog and eating sensibly has her in fantastic shape - in her late forties. Tightened/toned considerably. Might want to look into Cardio Barre.
I might buy the DVD for myself. Or at least the DVD case.

http://www.amazon.com/Cardio-Barre-Four-Workouts-One/dp/B002RMT3O8

Yeah, well, I can't force her to exercise and eat right.

You started this thread almost 21 months ago. At some point in time you have to start doing what's best for you. Assuming that the last almost two years have not been very good, how many more years of your life are you willing to let slip by feeling unhappy/unsatisfied?

You started this thread almost 21 months ago. At some point in time you have to start doing what's best for you. Assuming that the last almost two years have not been very good, how many more years of your life are you willing to let slip by feeling unhappy/unsatisfied?
Self-sacrifice to benefit others can also be very noble, at least in some circumstances. I know some people believe he's not helping anyone by staying married, but I'm not so sure, based on what he's posted here so far.

ETA: Just noticed I had this exact same back-and-forth with James Daulton the last time this thread got bumped. Probably not worth doing it again.

I forgot if kids are involved but I can see myself sacraficing my happiness to be with my kids if it came down to it. Thankfully, I am not in this type of situation. But I think its easier said than done and is probably the hardest decision in anybody's life.

unfortunately for a lot of people, nothing will drive them to take action until something bad happens....like a heart attack for example. Sounds extreme I know, but it's true. Hopefully it won't come to that. Lots of people need that "oh ####" moment for them to finally take action and lose weight.

sig.jpg
What's the fastest way to get your wife to lose weight and dress sexier? Divorce her.
Not to mention the much needed/wanted boob job.

Wrighteous Ray said:
James Daulton said:
Self-sacrifice to benefit others can also be very noble, at least in some circumstances. I know some people believe he's not helping anyone by staying married, but I'm not so sure, based on what he's posted here so far.

ETA: Just noticed I had this exact same back-and-forth with James Daulton the last time this thread got bumped. Probably not worth doing it again.
I was simply pointing out he had some reasonable hope at the start of this thread. If she still hasn't seen the light, I would doubt she will at this point. He probably needs to start thinking long term about whether he's prepared to make the self-sacrifice that some folks in here are talking about. Again, we all have to do what's best for us/our kids, but to keep holding out likely false hope is probably not the best way to come to a clear decision.

I wish him nothing but the best.

I honestly don't know what I would do. If you've exhausted all options, walk the talk yourself, buy good foods, eat healthy, exercise, support her and still nothing then I don't know. Sounds like she's the one making the choice.

I've told lady raiders I'm out if she ever whales up. She was shocked and slightly offended, but appreciated the honesty.

Tpw to the OP. Sux0rs

Anybody who gets upset by that really should look in the mirror (metaphorically, if not literally).
It's women. If it was a man and a message to other men, nobody would care.

Many women can't handle another woman asserting themselves as superior.
Did we ever find out what their excuse is?

Anybody who gets upset by that really should look in the mirror (metaphorically, if not literally).

Nail on the head.

Whereas women can withhold sex from a man, or get in a man's face knowing he can't/shouldn't touch her to get an upper hand, these options are out the window with another woman. It takes their crutch away from them.

I have been married for 10 years this upcoming October. My wife has been as low as 120ish, was 150ish on our wedding day, and recently reached the 190's. She should weigh around 125 or so. We did talk from time to time about her health but I never once said something about her weight. I loved her just as much at 190 as i did at 130.

This winter she decided to do something about it. She has already lost 20+ pounds the proper way, is working out 3-5 times a week on top of 40+ minutes of walking daily, and has already made drastic changes in her diet. I am very proud of her and have every expectation that she will continue to have a very active lifestyle and improve her health.

I didn't pressure her, criticize her, or threaten her. The most I ever said is that I would like to be more certain she would live a long healthy life.
She is still going strong and down to the 150's.
She has held her weight in the 150's through the winter despite a back injury that has prevented her from consistent exercise almost all winter. I still have every expectation that she will continue her effort. She doesn't have a specific weight in mind but I think she will know when she is in her sweet spot. I am very proud of her. It has not been easy for her.

Just wanted to update a positive update of a similar but very different situation to the OP.

I have been married for 10 years this upcoming October. My wife has been as low as 120ish, was 150ish on our wedding day, and recently reached the 190's. She should weigh around 125 or so. We did talk from time to time about her health but I never once said something about her weight. I loved her just as much at 190 as i did at 130.

This winter she decided to do something about it. She has already lost 20+ pounds the proper way, is working out 3-5 times a week on top of 40+ minutes of walking daily, and has already made drastic changes in her diet. I am very proud of her and have every expectation that she will continue to have a very active lifestyle and improve her health.

I didn't pressure her, criticize her, or threaten her. The most I ever said is that I would like to be more certain she would live a long healthy life.
She has held her weight in the 150's through the winter despite a back injury that has prevented her from consistent exercise almost all winter. I still have every expectation that she will continue her effort. She doesn't have a specific weight in mind but I think she will know when she is in her sweet spot. I am very proud of her. It has not been easy for her.

Just wanted to update a positive update of a similar but very different situation to the OP.
Good for her. :thumbup:

Did we ever find out what their excuse is?
Yes. They will never be as hot as Maria Kang

I've told lady raiders I'm out if she ever whales up. She was shocked and slightly offended, but appreciated the honesty.

Tpw to the OP. Sux0rs
i told mine the same thing....no pre nup but if she gained excessive amounts of weight, to be determined by me, and/or chopped her hair off i am out.

That's pretty awesome. Thanks for keeping us updated. Before she started making her changes, did you ever despair about what the future would be like? Were you concerned that the weight gain would just continue to pile up?

That's pretty awesome. Thanks for keeping us updated. Before she started making her changes, did you ever despair about what the future would be like? Were you concerned that the weight gain would just continue to pile up?
The only time I talked about her health was when she began to complain her weight or her lack of stamina. I would tell her that all I wanted was for her to be around as long as possible and I was concerned that she could be shortening her life.

The other issue was that soon after we married late in 2003 I fell ill. The prolonged nature of the illness resulted in a vitamin deficiency that was not diagnosed until 2012. The deficiency left me exhausted 90% of my life and the active part of our lives together vanished. It was a major contributor to her decline in health since to spend time with me meant doing nothing physical.

I am now 100% again and that along with her seeing 200 in her future brought on the change. I can't say I ever thought she wouldn't turn it around. I did have fears that our lives together would be shortened but it was her life and I was just happy to be a part of it as long as I was.

One big thing is that I never lost my attraction to her. I would be lying if I said her regaining her figure wasn't exciting for me. And less weight equals more stamina equals more sex. So far so good.

I can understand the OP issues. If I had lost attraction, our scenario would be very different. And it isn't like you can control who you are attracted to. It just never got to that point for me. Maybe at some point it would.

Tpw to the OP. Sux0rs
i told mine the same thing....no pre nup but if she gained excessive amounts of weight, to be determined by me, and/or chopped her hair off i am out.
What if she loses a limb or two in a car accident? Are you out?
still in

out

eta: i was really kind in my pic of the fatty

Tpw to the OP. Sux0rs
What if she loses a limb or two in a car accident? Are you out?
Since the two scenarios are exactly the same.

:rolleyes:

Has anyone out there ever become completely detached from your wife and somehow come back from the ledge to fall in love with her? Is it even possible once you hit that point?

Invaded? said:
Has anyone out there ever become completely detached from your wife and somehow come back from the ledge to fall in love with her? Is it even possible once you hit that point?
We should probably implement some sort of system so everyone doesn't post their success stories at the same time.

Invaded? said:
We should probably implement some sort of system so everyone doesn't post their success stories at the same time.
I can't speak from experience with my wife... still in love with her. But, I "grew up" a Lions fan. Became completely detached from them when i realized how bad they were and how frustrating it was to be "with" them. However, there is a glimmer still out there. When they are competitive, I could see myself coming back from the ledge and being a fan again.

So, in Invaded's case... if the Lions lost weight and controlled their temper, I suppose he could fall back in love.

Invaded? said:
bruce willis in die hard

Well, not sure what to say here.

Over the past year I've done a lot of thinking. The weight issue was a major thing, but really it was just a symptom of a lot of other problems.

At some point, after trying so hard to have deep, real conversations with her, and seeing no effort, passion, emotion... anything, I just lost it. If there was any attraction there at the beginning of all this, it's completely gone. And I'm not talking only physical attraction. I'm just not in love with her and don't see how I ever could be again. Physically, emotionally, all of it is gone.

We have a counseling appointment in a week and a half, but I just feel done with everything. We've had a lot of conversations over the past couple weeks. I've flat out told her that I don't know that couples counseling is going to help, and may just make things worse, but she wants to go. I've told her that after trying so hard for so long to get her to work on things, I just don't feel that way any more and don't even WANT those things.

She finally sees the seriousness of things, but to me it's just too late.

So, yeah. I'd guess that I'll likely be moved out sometime in 2014.

Happy Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread