Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

I'm holding a large position of AMC at an average cost of $13.62.

38 million short interest out of 1.2 billion volume today. The afterhours trades are not material.

The panic at today's real close told the story.

David and Goliath and all.

Best of luck everyone. Today was epic fun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Do we think this happens with any other stocks or just other ones we’ve seen so far? :popcorn:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 60.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • fantasycurse42

    3538

  • stbugs

    3133

  • BassNBrew

    3090

  • cosjobs

    2004

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

30 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

I'm holding a large position of AMC at an average cost of $13.62.

38 million short interest out of 1.2 billion volume today. The afterhours trades are not material.

The panic at today's real close told the story.

David and Goliath and all.

Best of luck everyone. Today was epic fun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What price range are you looking at for an exit? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, [icon] said:

Yep. Total horse####. Does not surprise me this governmental overreach is coming from Massachusetts. 

Good commentary here from Chamath.  Typical - when it's HST firms frontrunning retail investors, no problem.  Hedge funds shorting a stock for more shares than the float - no problem.  Retail investors buying a stock en masse, in public view, no insider knowledge - OH, NO, HOLY #### THIS MUST BE STOPPED.

Yeah - eff that.  This is just price discovery based on market mechanics.  If we allow this type of massive synthetic shorting we should allow the opposite.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Capella said:

Yea how many shares of AMC were moved today after hours. Can’t even be a fraction compared to the 1.2B moved during the day. 

Looks like a bit over 9 million. So yeah, less than 1% of the volume during market hours.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

They shut it down because they repeatedly violated the TOS with pron and hate speech. Nothing to do with buying and selling stocks. 

😉 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CowboyFan4822 said:

This happened earlier last week as well and was temporary.

Makes sense.  It says because they are under "in tents" load, which was true because the posts weren't loading.  They can't make it private as they will always need increasing numbers to do what they are doing at $600 a pop. 

Guys can't even spell, yet causing this type of chaos.  :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone getting rich off GameStop?

 

sound fundamentals, lots of folks these days needing to go buy their super Mario brothers in person  

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Otis said:

Everyone getting rich off GameStop?

 

sound fundamentals, lots of folks these days needing to go buy their super Mario brothers in person  

former chewy ceo in charge now and giving away free dog biscuits if you bring rover. that's worth something.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Otis said:

Everyone getting rich off GameStop?

 

sound fundamentals, lots of folks these days needing to go buy their super Mario brothers in person  

Some people like blackjack, some people like sharing needles and unprotected sex, some people like speculating on nearly worthless stocks. :shrug:

  • Laughing 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

c/net tech crunch and others picked up on the reddit forum being made private saying it could be spooking investors   if temporary like another poster said it could be a good opportunity to buy a small dip

i never do these short term things, but, might mess around with a little to see what happens between now and friday

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tonydead said:

c/net tech crunch and others picked up on the reddit forum being made private saying it could be spooking investors   if temporary like another poster said it could be a good opportunity to buy a small dip

i never do these short term things, but, might mess around with a little to see what happens between now and friday

 

It’s already opened back up or at least I joined it before and can see the subreddit now

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang I thought I was special. 

Well I panic sold all my non-gme runners that were going (nok, nakd, etc) pretty much at the lows so that sucked. 

Still hodling gme itself though. Should have bought more on the dip but I'm a pansy. 

Edited by FreeBaGeL
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Swaymoney said:

Any stocks we looking at to open up a position in mañana?

Same ones, honestly. I think people are pissed and they are going to buy with avengeance.  I am ticked at myself for closing my shares of nok (still have calls) and nakd. 

Disclaimer: this is gambling and probably really bad advice. 

  • Laughing 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Otis said:

Everyone getting rich off GameStop?

 

sound fundamentals, lots of folks these days needing to go buy their super Mario brothers in person  

In fairness to GameStop, they have more cash on hand than they have debt and disc based systems in the new generation of consoles seem to be more popular than the all digital versions despite being more expensive. I think their current business model is ultimately doomed, but I also don’t think that the company itself was in danger of going under imminently unless the shorting hedge funds forced them under. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

In fairness to GameStop, they have more cash on hand than they have debt and disc based systems in the new generation of consoles seem to be more popular than the all digital versions despite being more expensive. I think their current business model is ultimately doomed, but I also don’t think that the company itself was in danger of going under imminently unless the shorting hedge funds forced them under. 

Can they pivot and use this event to scale up an online streaming service to mesh with the B&M retail?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Z Machine said:

Can they pivot and use this event to scale up an online streaming service to mesh with the B&M retail?

I’m gonna guess no since consoles and Steam and many publishers have their own established online distribution. They would have to make deals with those same people and wouldn’t be able to compete on price or user base. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nick Vermeil said:

I’m gonna guess no since consoles and Steam and many publishers have their own established online distribution. They would have to make deals with those same people and wouldn’t be able to compete on price or user base. 

Ok... well what about turning their B&M locations into arcades where you can play your online games with your buddies but they are actually in the same room.  You rent a chair and they have big TVs with all the consoles and souped up PCs. Just bring your headset and log in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

Ok... well what about turning their B&M locations into arcades where you can play your online games with your buddies but they are actually in the same room.  You rent a chair and they have big TVs with all the consoles and souped up PCs. Just bring your headset and log in. 

I’m not sure we’re that social, even when not in a pandemic. This isn’t South Korea. 
 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Swaymoney said:

Any stocks we looking at to open up a position in mañana?

A real boring choice compared to everything else going on but may put some in C if it pulls back more. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

In other news, I think I’ll grab some SPCX tomorrow. Down 4% today. 

yeah, a lot of SPACs got beat up today.  I'm in this one too and may add some.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...