What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (13 Viewers)

I'm holding a large position of AMC at an average cost of $13.62.

38 million short interest out of 1.2 billion volume today. The afterhours trades are not material.

The panic at today's real close told the story.

David and Goliath and all.

Best of luck everyone. Today was epic fun.
Do we think this happens with any other stocks or just other ones we’ve seen so far?  :popcorn:

I'm holding a large position of AMC at an average cost of $13.62.

38 million short interest out of 1.2 billion volume today. The afterhours trades are not material.

The panic at today's real close told the story.

David and Goliath and all.

Best of luck everyone. Today was epic fun.
What price range are you looking at for an exit? 

Yep. Total horse####. Does not surprise me this governmental overreach is coming from Massachusetts. 
Good commentary here from Chamath.  Typical - when it's HST firms frontrunning retail investors, no problem.  Hedge funds shorting a stock for more shares than the float - no problem.  Retail investors buying a stock en masse, in public view, no insider knowledge - OH, NO, HOLY #### THIS MUST BE STOPPED.

Yeah - eff that.  This is just price discovery based on market mechanics.  If we allow this type of massive synthetic shorting we should allow the opposite.

Yea how many shares of AMC were moved today after hours. Can’t even be a fraction compared to the 1.2B moved during the day. 

This happened earlier last week as well and was temporary.
Makes sense.  It says because they are under "in tents" load, which was true because the posts weren't loading.  They can't make it private as they will always need increasing numbers to do what they are doing at $600 a pop. 

Guys can't even spell, yet causing this type of chaos.   :lol:

c/net tech crunch and others picked up on the reddit forum being made private saying it could be spooking investors   if temporary like another poster said it could be a good opportunity to buy a small dip

i never do these short term things, but, might mess around with a little to see what happens between now and friday

c/net tech crunch and others picked up on the reddit forum being made private saying it could be spooking investors   if temporary like another poster said it could be a good opportunity to buy a small dip

i never do these short term things, but, might mess around with a little to see what happens between now and friday
It’s already opened back up or at least I joined it before and can see the subreddit now

Dang I thought I was special. 

Well I panic sold all my non-gme runners that were going (nok, nakd, etc) pretty much at the lows so that sucked. 

Still hodling gme itself though. Should have bought more on the dip but I'm a pansy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone getting rich off GameStop?

sound fundamentals, lots of folks these days needing to go buy their super Mario brothers in person  
In fairness to GameStop, they have more cash on hand than they have debt and disc based systems in the new generation of consoles seem to be more popular than the all digital versions despite being more expensive. I think their current business model is ultimately doomed, but I also don’t think that the company itself was in danger of going under imminently unless the shorting hedge funds forced them under. 

In fairness to GameStop, they have more cash on hand than they have debt and disc based systems in the new generation of consoles seem to be more popular than the all digital versions despite being more expensive. I think their current business model is ultimately doomed, but I also don’t think that the company itself was in danger of going under imminently unless the shorting hedge funds forced them under. 
Can they pivot and use this event to scale up an online streaming service to mesh with the B&M retail?

Can they pivot and use this event to scale up an online streaming service to mesh with the B&M retail?
I’m gonna guess no since consoles and Steam and many publishers have their own established online distribution. They would have to make deals with those same people and wouldn’t be able to compete on price or user base. 

I’m gonna guess no since consoles and Steam and many publishers have their own established online distribution. They would have to make deals with those same people and wouldn’t be able to compete on price or user base. 
Ok... well what about turning their B&M locations into arcades where you can play your online games with your buddies but they are actually in the same room.  You rent a chair and they have big TVs with all the consoles and souped up PCs. Just bring your headset and log in. 

Ok... well what about turning their B&M locations into arcades where you can play your online games with your buddies but they are actually in the same room.  You rent a chair and they have big TVs with all the consoles and souped up PCs. Just bring your headset and log in. 
I’m not sure we’re that social, even when not in a pandemic. This isn’t South Korea. 

Users who are viewing this thread