What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (5 Viewers)

Weren't there a few companies that weren't allowing you to buy, but were allowing you to close out your position?

I would think that would be illegal.

You could also sign up for the Cash App, brought to you by the fine people of Square. $SQ - for the people.

Disclaimer: I might be a shareholder
I could go through PayPal too, or probably even my Schwab and fidelity accounts (I don’t know if they have it) but I wanted to give a competitor to RH the business. 

Yeah, Robin Hood was cool with letting the little guys "do money" (God I HATE when companies pander to "millennials" like this) as long is it was limited to them making a 10% profit buying $500 worth of McDonald's stock.

But using it as a platform to take down the multi billion dollar institutions that actually run their trades for them? Come on. 

Wow.  You can only sell and not but certain stocks???  How is that not market manipulation???

I'm bailing on NOK almost even.

Debating on what to do with BB.  Holding for now and maybe a long time

I don’t think he is talking about companies like those.
Yeah, but talk of the market being overvalued and needing to go to 50-100% cash when there are obvious bargains doesn't make sense.

I'm probably doing this wrong.

I have my TSP (roth and traditional).  Been doing 9% for past 18 years.

I then have roth IRAs for myself and wife that I max every year for past 6 years.  These are invested in index funds.

Brokerage account is $250k.
I'm not an index fan, but I would put the index funds in your trading account and do your trading in your IRA.

Qualtics IPO going live today.  ticker $XM.  Might have to look into this one since it might get a bit forgotten about.  

Weren't there a few companies that weren't allowing you to buy, but were allowing you to close out your position?

I would think that would be illegal.
Thats the message I get on RH.  Definitely feels illegal.  

I did forget about that part in Robinhood where he decided to screw the poor and give it all back to the rich.  

So, while public purchasing of these stocks is frozen, I'm sure people are selling.  So, with buying frozen, where do the shares go that get sold?  Right back to the hedge funds.  That's where.  This is so ####ed up.

Gotta love "free" markets where the big guys are allowed to cover their shorts and the little guys are only allowed to sell. But this was always what it really was supposed to be about: a demonstration of how utterly manipulated and broken the markets are.

Rumor is the Reddit auts are about to go after the gold and silver paper markets next.

Maybe, but here's the thing.  A lot of these guys bought GME at significantly lower prices than $200/share.  There are only 50M shares in float, so if 1,000,000 of these guys are out there and bout 50 shares each at $20 share a short while ago, completely possible.  One of the co-founders of reddit has a pretty damning post about his reasons why.  And a lot of these guys are refusing to sell.
And because their basis is so low, they can afford to cost average up, especially when it continues to defend higher price points.

Users who are viewing this thread