What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (20 Viewers)

GME is getting hammered after hours, down to $180 now. 

SPCE still running though, up another 6%! :towelwave:  Thanks for the recommendation on this one @cosjobs

Last edited by a moderator:

SPCE still running though, up another 6%! :towelwave:  Thanks for the recommendation on this one @cosjobs
It’s going to continue to leak down and all the followers that bought at $200-$480 and held are going to get creamed. I’d bet that the folks who decided early that GME was the play and told everyone to keep holding have already sold half or more. It wouldn’t surprise me to see $60 or under at the end of the week.

AMC down 11% AH as well.  Glad what I have left is free rolling and as of now I'm still in the green, but looks like the hoped for huge spike isn't going to happen.

$1000 stock by the end of 2022. MARK IT DOWN!!!$&@
Do you believe that (especially the 2 year time frame) or just having fun? I finally got in the SQ and SE boat when they got down to the mid 100s, but wish I bought more. I am still wondering when/how deep this next dip (always is one) will be. Wouldn't mind some cheaper entry points on the stocks I let get away. Got enough of the ones I didn't and don't plan on adding more to those.

Do you believe that (especially the 2 year time frame) or just having fun? I finally got in the SQ and SE boat when they got down to the mid 100s, but wish I bought more. I am still wondering when/how deep this next dip (always is one) will be. Wouldn't mind some cheaper entry points on the stocks I let get away. Got enough of the ones I didn't and don't plan on adding more to those.
I truly believe it. There’ll be dips but I’m not gonna try and time them. $SE is doing everything right. $1000 before 2023. It’ll swing like crazy in the meantime so you might get a dip but that’s not how I buy my long terms. 

I truly believe it. There’ll be dips but I’m not gonna try and time them. $SE is doing everything right. $1000 before 2023. It’ll swing like crazy in the meantime so you might get a dip but that’s not how I buy my long terms. 
This is already the #1 holding in my Roth but you’re going to convince me to buy more. :unsure:  

I’ve done well on SE and hold a decent position. That said I’m not drifting north of 5% of my portfolio. The US market may be corrupt and stacked against us but there are at least some ground rules you can depend on.  

Great read and the math works until you discount the comps to where they should be trading at
Yeah, just because other stuff is out of whack doesn’t mean newcomers will be as well. Also, I’m not a big fan of these charging networks. Tesla has just said the new Model S will have a 520 mile range. I’m guessing we’ll start seeing in a couple years that all EVs will basically have more range than gas powered cars. If you’ve got a plug in your house how often will you even think about stopping randomly to fill up with electricity? You could say well people run out of gas and such but how many people have gas pumps at home?

I can see a little market for non-personal vehicles but again don’t those work locations have plugs and power. Maybe I’m missing something but these companies have sky high valuations but man the battery tech could really make them obsolete. I mean, 500 miles and I can almost get to Philly and Orlando from Charlotte and that’s the current state.

I regret not buying more this time last year
I'm sure, same here when I first saw it recommended by Motley.  However, if folks think this can jump over $1,000 and into possible Amazon territory, then no use crying over spilled milk and just jump in now. No?

stbugs said:
Yeah, just because other stuff is out of whack doesn’t mean newcomers will be as well. Also, I’m not a big fan of these charging networks. Tesla has just said the new Model S will have a 520 mile range. I’m guessing we’ll start seeing in a couple years that all EVs will basically have more range than gas powered cars. If you’ve got a plug in your house how often will you even think about stopping randomly to fill up with electricity? You could say well people run out of gas and such but how many people have gas pumps at home?

I can see a little market for non-personal vehicles but again don’t those work locations have plugs and power. Maybe I’m missing something but these companies have sky high valuations but man the battery tech could really make them obsolete. I mean, 500 miles and I can almost get to Philly and Orlando from Charlotte and that’s the current state.
So, do you think manufacturers of charging infrastructure are completely out of their minds to continue with their business?  Because I get the sense that you think these companies are worthless and I'm having a hard time understanding why investment and resource continues to go towards these stocks when you have unrefuted evidence of their imminent demise.  If I had listened to you all along, I would have sold out of BEEM at 12.  And 15.  And 25.  And 50.  And at 61 I still don't know what I'm missing that you so clearly know about the wrongness of these stonks. 

So, do you think manufacturers of charging infrastructure are completely out of their minds to continue with their business?  Because I get the sense that you think these companies are worthless and I'm having a hard time understanding why investment and resource continues to go towards these stocks when you have unrefuted evidence of their imminent demise.  If I had listened to you all along, I would have sold out of BEEM at 12.  And 15.  And 25.  And 50.  And at 61 I still don't know what I'm missing that you so clearly know about the wrongness of these stonks. 
Too many words for this thread, take this to the test forum 

SFBayDuck said:
AMC down 11% AH as well.  Glad what I have left is free rolling and as of now I'm still in the green, but looks like the hoped for huge spike isn't going to happen.
I'm going to either dump my remaining shares or just hang on for a year or more, until movies get back into full swing. Or Amazon buys them out. 

SFBayDuck said:
Can't buy it on Fidelity either.  :kicksrock:
The fun part will be when other brokerages open buying. 

BassNBrew said:
I’ve done well on SE and hold a decent position. That said I’m not drifting north of 5% of my portfolio. The US market may be corrupt and stacked against us but there are at least some ground rules you can depend on.  
I get it. But that Asian market is huge. 

I'm under 5% too, and at about 25% of my fun investments.

Sideshow Bob said:
If you compare Ford to Tesla, it's SOOOOOO undervalued. 
I'll keep my small amount of non-tesla auto investments in Toyota. (And QCLN)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was completely wrong about the stock prices but yes, I definitely think they are getting caught up in the everything EV is gold rush.

I’ve been wrong before but I do think that these charging infrastructure stocks are the most vulnerable. I can buy a home charging unit from Tesla or on Amazon and there will probably be a zillion knock offs available like lightning cables in the future so let’s say I have no issues charging at home for my 2022 Model 3 and every EV has a range of 600 miles by the end of 2021 starting with the 2022 models. What’s the money making scenario where I would need to charge away from home? Don’t forget that there are already about 500+ super charger/charging locations between my house and my family up North and my common vacation destinations to the South.

Also, note that even NYC cab drivers only drive on average 180 miles in each 12 hour shift. So an autonomous taxi fleet could drive for 36 hours before coming back to base for the absolutely necessary once a day disinfection detail.

I can see the wall charging units at homes and businesses making money but I see those as being almost commodities and also being accessories for EV companies like Tesla. I’m just not sold on these independent charging networks as the batteries start to take big leaps and become once a week or in some cases once a month charges that are easily done at home.

Don’t take it personally, BEEM stock has done great as has anything EV but a lot of these EV companies are going to go away and I wouldn’t invest in an independent charging network company. Just one man’s opinion and I could absolutely be wrong but I think it’s very probable that battery life will be at 1000 miles in 5 years.

Party’s over for gamestonk
Yep, AMC was the only one that had debt conversions and ready to go offerings and took advantage. GME didn’t have that but should still keep an inflated enough price to take advantage of free money.

You have to wonder if it will work as well next time when the diamond hands realize how much they actually gained/lost. So much buying occurred above the premarket price. Also, shorts will likely be a bit more wary of ever having short percentage so high.

I was completely wrong about the stock prices but yes, I definitely think they are getting caught up in the everything EV is gold rush.

I’ve been wrong before but I do think that these charging infrastructure stocks are the most vulnerable. I can buy a home charging unit from Tesla or on Amazon and there will probably be a zillion knock offs available like lightning cables in the future so let’s say I have no issues charging at home for my 2022 Model 3 and every EV has a range of 600 miles by the end of 2021 starting with the 2022 models. What’s the money making scenario where I would need to charge away from home? Don’t forget that there are already about 500+ super charger/charging locations between my house and my family up North and my common vacation destinations to the South.

Also, note that even NYC cab drivers only drive on average 180 miles in each 12 hour shift. So an autonomous taxi fleet could drive for 36 hours before coming back to base for the absolutely necessary once a day disinfection detail.

I can see the wall charging units at homes and businesses making money but I see those as being almost commodities and also being accessories for EV companies like Tesla. I’m just not sold on these independent charging networks as the batteries start to take big leaps and become once a week or in some cases once a month charges that are easily done at home.

Don’t take it personally, BEEM stock has done great as has anything EV but a lot of these EV companies are going to go away and I wouldn’t invest in an independent charging network company. Just one man’s opinion and I could absolutely be wrong but I think it’s very probable that battery life will be at 1000 miles in 5 years.
Well rather than just saying you're wrong and the price of the stock somehow proves it I'll offer a counterargument to discuss.  While I agree with you about the range increasing and home charging option, home charging isn't free.  If I have the option of charging for free at Kroger instead of spinning my meter I might be inclined to shop there over Publix.  I'm sure you remember the free or discounted gas promotions of the past where people lined up for hours to save $10.  Seems like the ability to offer free charging will be a competitive advantage.  Also if GM ( the car company) is right and gas vehicles are going  away, range and superchargers won't cover our needs.  People will be going on vacations or visiting family and will need access to juice that's not located 100 miles away.  Also you are going to need charging options for away that live in an apartment and can't run a cord out their 5th floor apartment window to the parking spot 200 yards away.  Right now most Tesla owners likely own a house with a garage.  35% of the US doesn't own a home and a significant percentage of the homeowners are in condos or some other living arrangement where home charging isn't feasible.

Well rather than just saying you're wrong and the price of the stock somehow proves it I'll offer a counterargument to discuss.  While I agree with you about the range increasing and home charging option, home charging isn't free.  If I have the option of charging for free at Kroger instead of spinning my meter I might be inclined to shop there over Publix.  I'm sure you remember the free or discounted gas promotions of the past where people lined up for hours to save $10.  Seems like the ability to offer free charging will be a competitive advantage.  Also if GM ( the car company) is right and gas vehicles are going  away, range and superchargers won't cover our needs.  People will be going on vacations or visiting family and will need access to juice that's not located 100 miles away.  Also you are going to need charging options for away that live in an apartment and can't run a cord out their 5th floor apartment window to the parking spot 200 yards away.  Right now most Tesla owners likely own a house with a garage.  35% of the US doesn't own a home and a significant percentage of the homeowners are in condos or some other living arrangement where home charging isn't feasible.
This is a better take.  Apartments and work places will need chargers.  This will be more or less a job perk, if not a requirement set out by the govt.  

Restaurants and shopping centers and gyms all will want to, I mean yeah, you CAN charge at home if you have one, but why if it's free elsewhere.  My wife has free charging at work and you damn well bet we will use it for our M3.

Users who are viewing this thread