Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

20 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I can’t quit NNOX. Started a position again, not a full one.

I want to sell this stupid SOLO that @caustic and @jamny bullied me into buying

:lmao:

Don't look at me. I would have bought if there was strength today. The drop was an avoid sign, imo. 

I do have my eye on NNOX though. It's kinda right where I was with SOLO yesterday. Waiting another day.

Edited by jamny

Sold the rest of SNPR, tired of watching it drift back down past few days since announcement.  Gain of 41% in under 6 weeks, I count that as a nice win in my "safe SPAC" portfolio.

Took that cash and took a position in Spartan Acquisition III, SPAQ.U, at $10.75, focused on "clean energy".  Spartan I was Fisker, which shot from near NAV to $22 after announcement.  Spartan II has a DAR with Sunlight Financial, a solar fintech supplier.  This also jumped pretty well at announcement, which happened only two months post-IPO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

How are you playing this one?  I'd been looking at GBTC

I'd put about 1/3 of what you were planning on before close.  Not much overhead resistance.

Edited by hooter311
  • Thanks 1

Cobalt Blockchain, I'm sorry I ever doubted you.  My boss emailed their CEO the following today:

How about this for a press release:

Dear Investor:

We are attaching our stock price chart, a price chart of physical cobalt, as well as one for bitcoin (even though bitcoin and blockchain are decidedly different, but, in this market, who cares?)

Finally, we wish to remind you that the name of our company is… COBALT BLOCKCHAIN.

Thank you for attention and please forward to anyone you know in the Robinhood/Reddit community.

:lmao:

• Like 2
  • Laughing 5
  • Thinking 2

7 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Ummm....####.  Not sure I can uncarried those buys.

Consolidation is only a temporary inconvenience.  The charts are still awesome.  These next few hours are usually the best time in the day for the price.

Asia hates waking up to missed gains.

Edited by hooter311
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, caustic said:

Looks like HUBS earnings are good! :towelwave:

Bam! Nice, I bought HUBS during the March dip after watching for a bit. Bought 50 shares at $142. At $472 AH, that’s a great ####### buy! Not planning to sell it since it’s just been on a roll. Pretty sure they easily beat on every report I’ve seen.

• Love 1

Just sold my DXCM shares, only had 10, small position. Bought in March as well and it just about doubled. Up a couple percent today and down about 4% AH. Mixed earnings but their forecast was about 20% growth, which isn’t bad but much slower than their share price is expecting. It’s such a small position that I’d rather take the win and add elsewhere.

Damn, didn’t realize how many of my companies had earnings tonight. HUBS and VITL (Oops, just up larger than normal AH, no earnings) doing really well, DXCM not and sold, BL seemed good but had run up so down, NET seemed decent but not blow away so down, DDOG was solid but down because the earnings forecast for 2021 didn’t exceed like the revenue that did.

Edited by stbugs

I'm looking into LAZR and have a question.

At this point in a SPAC, do you treat it like a traditional IPO or are there other hurdles/actions to come. Someone posted a reddit link the other day showing stages of a SPAC and I think there was an actual closing some time after the merger announcement? Just checking to see if there's a date to watch out for.

9 minutes ago, jamny said:

I'm looking into LAZR and have a question.

At this point in a SPAC, do you treat it like a traditional IPO or are there other hurdles/actions to come. Someone posted a reddit link the other day showing stages of a SPAC and I think there was an actual closing some time after the merger announcement? Just checking to see if there's a date to watch out for.

There will be a shareholder vote which you'll know about well in advance - and then assuming they approve, ticker change usually happens in 1-2 days. All of that has already happened for LAZR. Now it's just a stock.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Angry Beavers said:

CLEU exploding in afterhours - so happy i sold.   🥵

17 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Damn, didn’t realize how many of my companies had earnings tonight. HUBS and VITL (Oops, just up larger than normal AH, no earnings) doing really well, DXCM not and sold, BL seemed good but had run up so down, NET seemed decent but not blow away so down, DDOG was solid but down because the earnings forecast for 2021 didn’t exceed like the revenue that did.

VITL and CLEU were the same thing.  Twitter pumps on a PR that people quickly discovered was a month old PR being regurgitated.

Not sure I have a good answer to the Institutional ownership question from earlier. I was on my phone, but a quick scan of that list made it look like few of them were "new" owners since the rumor mill started.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sand said:

Doing some DD tonight, but I am heavily considering taking a big position in NVO.  Probably should have taken the position today - it's pretty well up after hours.

Turns out Ozempic is weight loss in a pill.  This has massive potential to be a money gusher over the next number of years.

NEJM editors Julie Ingelfinger, MD, and Clifford Rosen, MD, called the gastrointestinal side effects concerning and noted that oral semaglutide has been associated with pancreatitis and with thyroid C-cell tumors in rodents.

There's always a but...

10 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Not sure I have a good answer to the Institutional ownership question from earlier. I was on my phone, but a quick scan of that list made it look like few of them were "new" owners since the rumor mill started.

Saw that too. Most in under $10. Still thought it was unusual that a few of the other SPACS I check out on that site didn't show any levels close to 78 institutional ownership disclosures. I'm not familiar with fintel.io, or the quality of their data, or if it's unusual or not, but the CCIV data seemed to be a huge outlier.

4 minutes ago, SFBayDuck said:

Sounds like Olestra all over again.

Lol, I so remember that.

Typically, when “anal leakage” is found on the packaging of food, it doesn’t sell as well. I love the new Doritos, but man wearing a diaper around sucks.

• Laughing 1

34 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

$143.42 ftw.

And I'm not the only one whose second action after looking at the chart was to click on his Profile and see what other pictures he's loaded there, right? Right?!?!

• Laughing 1

Note: $143.42 is Hags-modding-sheep level Arbitrary and Final™, and it should not be used by anyone for any purpose whatsoever. Except me. Because I'm special. Like that cousin you never see and hope won't come to Thanksgiving every year.

32 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

$143.42 ftw.

And I'm not the only one whose second action after looking at the chart was to click on his Profile and see what other pictures he's loaded there, right? Right?!?!

I can't even fathom how disappointed you were.

30 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Note: $143.42 is Hags-modding-sheep level Arbitrary and Final™, and it should not be used by anyone for any purpose whatsoever. Except me. Because I'm special. Like that cousin you never see and hope won't come to Thanksgiving every year.

Wine?

• Like 3