Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

57 minutes ago, JAA said:

OK - found my next sub-penny stock:  HVCW

This isnt like BLDV where I jumped in the 5 day pot bender.  This is more of a longish play in an industry I know some about.  Im not good as posting DD, but here is one from someone else:  https://twitter.com/PennytoDollaz/status/1357004125217513472 (for the lulz)

EDIT Looks like they sold this portion off recently.  I can say that the product line they are working on is needed in the utility sector.  Will it pay, dunno.  I bought a smallish stake today and will continue to dive deeper with the intention of buying more should the gettin get better.

I was going to throw $200 in fidelity at it but they won't let me purchase. So $40 from E-Trade to the cause.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Been quietly enjoying the OTC run-up.  Made good money on Drone OTCs (DFLYF, PLRTF, TAKOF) a couple weeks ago.  Currently throwing all my OTC play money into Shroom and Shroom related stuff.

EHVVF
LKYSF
MMEDF
PSYCF
TRUFF
MCURF

They've all already run-up some the last two days but I think there is still a lot of meat on the bone.  Usual disclaimer that these can all go to zero in an instant.

Don't forget rvvtf!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hooter311 said:

Consolidation is only a temporary inconvenience.  The charts are still awesome.  These next few hours are usually the best time in the day for the price.

Asia hates waking up to missed gains.

GBTC almost got up to where it was yesterday before the collapse at the end and then right back down.  Looks like there's some pretty good resistance right around there

2 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

GBTC almost got up to where it was yesterday before the collapse at the end and then right back down.  Looks like there's some pretty good resistance right around there

Yeah, but it's not rejecting very hard at all.  Once the wall is breached, btc is gonna run right through the 50k range.

Holiday weekends have been great for btc price since Thanksgiving.  I'm hoping for low 50s by open on Tuesday.

• Like 3

India banned crypto last night and hodlers have 3-6 months to sell.

The whales will seek clarification and hold as long as possible.  But actually really surprised it didn't take a hit.  This small of a consolidation range on this much volume over the week points to very bright things on the horizon for btc price discovery.

Just remember the faster the gains, the sharper the corrections.  Try not to count what's in your basket each day.  Trust the path, don't sweat the journey.

14 minutes ago, Ridgeback said:

Yeah, had a feeling I should have bailed yesterday. But, I thought how rarely this goes under $10. Whoops.

It will eventually head to $0.  Well technically it won't because they'll do a 10-1 reverse split.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, -OZ- said:

I was going to throw $200 in fidelity at it but they won't let me purchase. So $40 from E-Trade to the cause.

HVCW is in hospitality (beer, specifically) but this link on Twitter is pimping a company in the energy sector or financial, I cannot exactly tell.

9 minutes ago, pecorino said:

HVCW is in hospitality (beer, specifically) but this link on Twitter is pimping a company in the energy sector or financial, I cannot exactly tell.

the name Harrison Vickers is everywhere...

Company Description

Harrison, Vickers & Waterman (HVW) provides comprehensive one-stop solutions that help solve the electrical grid stability problems. HVW is in the energy power management business by offering solutions to grid operators, utilities, and commercial and industrial (C&I) customers with a focus on renewable distributed energy resources (DER) and battery energy storage systems (BESS) for grid balancing services to the independent system operators (ISO'S); load shifting for utilities; energy management through storage for C&I customers; and micro grids for energy security. The company currently maintains but is shifting away from its tavern operations.

subprime commercial loans: https://harrisonvickerswaterman.com/

Harrison Vicker energy drinks under Attitude Drinks (parent company, doesn't seem to have an actual Web presence)

40 minutes ago, Ridgeback said:

Yeah, had a feeling I should have bailed yesterday. But, I thought how rarely this goes under $10. Whoops.

25 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

It will eventually head to $0.  Well technically it won't because they'll do a 10-1 reverse split.

We just need the hedge funds to short it.

1 hour ago, hooter311 said:

.  Try not to count what's in your basket each day.  Trust the path, don't sweat the journey.

This, for everything. Crypto, stocks, sex, etc. 

Except for your mileage, always check your Strava. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, McBokonon said:
2 hours ago, General Malaise said:

COBALT

BLOCK

CHAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expand   Expand   Expand   Expand  

All caps and that many exclamation points for 6%? Man, we don't get out of bed in the morning for less than 10% these days.

Decent volume, but when will it hit $100?

2 hours ago, McBokonon said:

All caps and that many exclamation points for 6%? Man, we don't get out of bed in the morning for less than 10% these days.

Considering I was once down like 94% on this one and was too stubborn to sell, this is extraordinary.  I'm a few hundred bucks away from above water in this stupid thing. :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Updated Holdings

Unity Software (stock and call options)

IPOE (stock and call options)

DKNG (holding for tax reasons, will trim in April after 12 months)

SI 

EXPC 

CCIV

HZAC

BTC

(Sold SBNY, XLE, FSR-daytrade, TMDX)

About 30% cash now.

Gameplan for the weekend and next week, I'll be deep diving on some SPACs...still the best game in town for short term gains IMHO.  Also, looking at some long Lithium plays and some of Lupton's small cap plays.

Edited by TripItUp
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Considering I was once down like 94% on this one and was too stubborn to sell, this is extraordinary.  I'm a few hundred bucks away from above water in this stupid thing. :lmao:

All you had to do was double down every time you got cut in half (you know, 4 times... :lmao: ) and you'd have a 600% ROI.  

11 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Updated Holdings

Unity Software (stock and call options)

IPOE (stock and call options)

DKNG (holding for tax reasons, will trim in April after 12 months)

SI 

EXPC 

CCIV

HZAC

BTC

(Sold SBNY, XLE, FSR-daytrade, TMDX)

About 30% cash now.

Gameplan for the weekend and next week, I'll be deep diving on some SPACs...still the best game in town for short term gains IMHO.  Also, looking at some long Lithium plays and some of Lupton's small cap plays.

Check out Frontier Lithium if you haven't already. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 9:07 AM, Bob Sacamano said:

Well, best laid plans...

It doubled in less than 48 hours, so I sold half and got my basis out. I'll hold the other 750 long-term. From what I'm reading, it seems like most of the successful mergers are forcing conversion of these before they can become lottery tickets, but hopefully they'll manage to make some more coin. Thanks again.

Welp

On 2/2/2021 at 12:42 PM, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Bought 10 shares of EXAS at $141.00.  I've been watching this since October when it was $109 per share.   They say they are closing in on a blood test for cancer. Obviously huge for humanity IF they can do this.

My only pick in this thread but up almost 10% at $155.01. 

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Heck of a run to end the day, finished up over 1% which ain’t bad starting the day red.

Ditto, great way to finish the week.

Added some $BL upon seeing @McBokononmention the dip and completely blind-luck sniped near today's bottom at $127.70. Thanks buddy.

Also added more $FLGT at $160.70. It's back to being my 2nd biggest holding and my cost is about equal to what I've banked selling other shares, so basically free-rolling. Not dicking around with them going forward, squarely on the don't-touch list.

$CCIV guys - I'm thinking I'll likely sit on these regardless of what it does the next few days/weeks assuming merger made official in that span. What are others' thoughts?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know Oz did some investing in Fundrise and some other alternates.  

Anyone ever heard of Masterworks?  It's an alternate investing site based on fine art.  This is a good article on it from a good writer on finance stuff (probably the best out there right now).  I'm intrigued in it - the 0 correlations with anything else is very appealing.  

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

8 minutes ago, Sand said:

Anyone ever heard of Masterworks?  It's an alternate investing site based on fine art.  This is a good article on it from a good writer on finance stuff (probably the best out there right now).  I'm intrigued in it - the 0 correlations with anything else is very appealing.  

I'm happy to sell you some interest in uncorrelated wine.

• Laughing 3

36 minutes ago, Sand said:

Was just thinking about this today, as I keep reading how collectables, art, etc are exploding in value.  Have you heard about the video highlights of NBA players selling for up to $71K (I heard $100K on a podcast today).  Sports cards are exploding in value.  I just checked eBay and it looks like the $2,000 Rolex I won in a sales contest 17 years ago, that I wear a couple of times a year, is now worth $8-$10K.  Wondering what else I may have around (besides a Jordan rookie that I've never had graded) is worth way more than I thought.....

It's been a brutal day and a half. Since noon yesterday, no electricity, no heat, no internet, no cable. Having to use my phone for everything and it's bandwidth is dodgey. 

We thought it was finally okay about half an hour ago. No. It's all gone again. Sigh

• Sad 7

3 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

It's been a brutal day and a half. Since noon yesterday, no electricity, no heat, no internet, no cable. Having to use my phone for everything and it's bandwidth is dodgey. 

We thought it was finally okay about half an hour ago. No. It's all gone again. Sigh

Where are you located?  Did you get slammed with ice/snow?

8 hours ago, beef said:

FUSE and FCAC (was down until the CNBC interview) getting shafted a bit on their merger news.  

I really want a pastrami sammich from Katz.  That thing looked like an amazingly awesome heart attack.  I want 5.  

It's not in the same ballpark, but Jason's deli will scratch the itch

4 minutes ago, Swaymoney said:

Where are you located?  Did you get slammed with ice/snow?

Austin Texas. Low Monday and Tuesday, 15 and 9 respectively with a high of 22 in between. Ice never seen anything like that here. All my current problems are for to 29 degrees and a quarter inch of ice.

Uh oh

Just now, cosjobs said:

Austin Texas. Low Monday and Tuesday, 15 and 9 respectively with a high of 22 in between. Ice never seen anything like that here. All my current problems are for to 29 degrees and a quarter inch of ice.

Uh oh

So sorry to hear this, I've been watching the weather and figured you got slammed with ice. It's heading up my way now. 

9 minutes ago, Swaymoney said:

I'm not sure what you're asking?  Is there an ETF or mutual fund?  Or is this an ETF or mutual fund?

I was kidding that your bundle of stocks looked like an ETF or mutual fund