Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I wish it wasn’t a Chinese stock. Right in my wheelhouse but when you’ve got a communist government that controls everything as much as they do, we are seeing the risk right now.

I think people's view of the politics does contribute a lot to the volatility. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

What is a good blockchain investment that is not crypto currency?  Like, what can I invest in that is developing NFT/Blockchain for secure documents for medical records, commercial real estate transactions, etc.?

A bit under the radar, SHOP had some news on offering NFTs yesterday. It seems like a space to watch given how well SHOP is executing.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I might be convinced to finally start a $TDOC position tomorrow, or maybe even after hours today. I feel like they've been crushed enough but the market really loves to crush them.

Looks like they missed on almost everything. I’ll just go and ahead and still not own them for now.

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, McBokonon said:

Looks like they missed on almost everything. I’ll just go and ahead and still not own them for now.

They didn’t miss on revenue just on earnings. Seems like swallowing Livongo may have been more expensive than they thought. I will say that I may add some. Their 2021 revenue is still on plan for $2B, which is almost 100% growth and P/S around 10, which isn’t expensive for 100% growth. I’ll probably just stick with what I have and see where it is in a while. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

AMD did really well, also down after hours.

Im going to buy some more

One more note on buying AMD. I know there is a risk the merger doesn't happen, but based on the AH price of AMD (it's up 1%), the XLNX merger price is $158.64. It's trading AH at $130.80. That's a 21.3% return if the merger happens and AMD doesn't go up at all. I bought a 100 shares of XLNX last June as part of some 5G recs, so I don't know if I want any more. I would lean very much towards buying the XLNX side of the acquisition and I do think when it's done, there may be a nice pop for AMD. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

One more note on buying AMD. I know there is a risk the merger doesn't happen, but based on the AH price of AMD (it's up 1%), the XLNX merger price is $158.64. It's trading AH at $130.80. That's a 21.3% return if the merger happens and AMD doesn't go up at all. I bought a 100 shares of XLNX last June as part of some 5G recs, so I don't know if I want any more. I would lean very much towards buying the XLNX side of the acquisition and I do think when it's done, there may be a nice pop for AMD. 

I actually did do that this afternoon, bought XLNX instead.  Hopefully the merger is complete by end of year as Lisa Su says it will be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dwayne Hoover said:

I actually did do that this afternoon, bought XLNX instead.  Hopefully the merger is complete by end of year as Lisa Su says it will be.

Yeah, it'll be nice to have one ticker to follow. I've had a few mergers happen to my stocks and this has so far been way the heck longer than the rest. I don't know if they both have more international pieces that complicate things, but I think they already have the EU and US approvals. I think it's just China's approval that's left. I don't know if that's why the discount has gotten bigger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2021 at 6:45 AM, McBokonon said:

Seems like a good time for a highly-valued, money-losing oat milk company to go public.

I think I’d rather buy some shares of an overvalued, money-losing oat milk company then go anywhere near the $HOOD IPO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2021 at 1:47 PM, Bob Sacamano said:

Will take a look at INMD

Reported this morning ($INMD): 184% increase in YoY revenue; 325% YoY increase in earnings. Raised guidance on revenue and earnings. I’ll be adding today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, McBokonon said:

Reported this morning ($INMD): 184% increase in YoY revenue; 325% YoY increase in earnings. Raised guidance on revenue and earnings. I’ll be adding today.

I grabbed a small position. Am good with it for now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, McBokonon said:

Reported this morning ($INMD): 184% increase in YoY revenue; 325% YoY increase in earnings. Raised guidance on revenue and earnings. I’ll be adding today.

Noticed down a little bit. SPOT was disappointing even though I think they beat numbers, but I made a small purchase awhile ago. I think I’m going up unload that and buy some KNSL (report tomorrow) and INMD.

Edit: Sold SPOT/ITRI as they aren’t highly recommended for more KNSL and 30 INMD.

Edited by stbugs
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

$GLBE 🚀

Quote

KeyBanc Adjusts Global-e Online's Price Target to $75 from $42, Keeps Overweight Rating

I'm over a double on my shares and already took some profits here. I'm being repetitive but I wouldn't blame anyone for waiting until earnings to start a new position if you missed it. Not sure on the date yet - they reported on 06/03 so maybe late August or so?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

GOOGL advertising revenue up 69% YoY

Good for them, bad for SEO marketers. They keep squeezing organic content off the first page. Such BS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Capella said:

Just wait till you see how the amazon share price bombs after another blowout call tomorrow. 

I trimmed at $3700 earlier in the week.  I really expected a march to $3800 this week.  If it drops below $3500 I'll be adding :doh:   I'm down to 22.5% allocation right now.  Really hope we get a split announcement and silly season sets in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2021 at 10:29 AM, McBokonon said:

I don’t know anything but I’m willing to bet someone (hedge fund or something) is liquidating their China positions and it’s affecting all of their SE Asia holdings. Might be a good opportunity for SE or similar non-China names.

It's too easy to make money than investing in China. They have the mindset of the next 100 years where we only think of 4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ridgeback said:

TLRY up 22% on earnings, but they've been a dog for quite some time. I'm still down about 10%.

100 million shares traded today.  Feels memey to me, not earnings.  I'm probably going to sell in about 20 minutes at a slight loss.  I've been way way down on it for a month or two.  Still like the stock but would rather get lower.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Desert_Power said:

TDOC crawled all the way back to even, wow.

Woot. Heck of a day for me although yesterday was a down day (not as bad as it was good today). On TDOC, I think that it might be some realization that earnings aren’t as big a deal as growing revenue 100%. They swallowed a big acquisition so it’s not surprising that costs went up and just like most tech companies in the early years, it’s about market/revenue growth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alphamin Resources hit a new 52-week high after announcing positive drill results.  They are tonning it in tin.  They are about to eliminate debt and are considering a dividend at year-end which is unheard of for a penny stock.  Tin prices continue to soar and there hasn't been much in the way of a supply response.  Glue of technology this tin.  If you're sitting in this one, you already have a nice gain so I'd never fault anybody for selling some but I think we're sitting on a real banger here. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Alphamin Resources hit a new 52-week high after announcing positive drill results.  They are tonning it in tin.  They are about to eliminate debt and are considering a dividend at year-end which is unheard of for a penny stock.  Tin prices continue to soar and there hasn't been much in the way of a supply response.  Glue of technology this tin.  If you're sitting in this one, you already have a nice gain so I'd never fault anybody for selling some but I think we're sitting on a real banger here. 

 

Nice call.  I'm up 50%.  Do you think 90 Cents is realistic this year?  I would like to sell half there and free roll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

PYPL wait!!

 

I've got some room to spare here, but not very happy with the direction paypal is headed.  We haven't seen the full impact of the loss of paypal revenue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

I trimmed at $3700 earlier in the week.  I really expected a march to $3800 this week.  If it drops below $3500 I'll be adding :doh:   I'm down to 22.5% allocation right now.  Really hope we get a split announcement and silly season sets in.

Forgot about the split potential. I just assume that’s never going to happen. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Capella said:

Forgot about the split potential. I just assume that’s never going to happen. 

Seems like low-hanging fruit for Jassy honestly.  Given what has been going on with retail investors the last 16 months, not sure keeping a price so high is in the best interest of shareholders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Desert_Power said:

Seems like low-hanging fruit for Jassy honestly.  Given what has been going on with retail investors the last 16 months, not sure keeping a price so high is in the best interest of shareholders.

Oh I agree but they don’t care about the shareholders at all. Not even a little bit. Bezos seemed to actually despise us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Capella said:

Oh I agree but they don’t care about the shareholders at all. Not even a little bit. Bezos seemed to actually despise us. 

 

This guy gets life.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...