What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (21 Viewers)

I follow some threads on reddit and zero and there has been a lower amount of discussion on green/sustainable stock inflows here than there.  I know people have made a killing frontrunning blackrock and others, but nowhere seems to have dominated like here.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah, love the $37 target. I honestly wonder sometimes where these analysts get their estimates from. Liked LAZR and it was a great ride but there are multiple competitors and other tech available. $11B market cap is a lot and assumes it’s the market leader and I don’t think people realize that it’s really limited to highway driving not fully autonomous. Anyway, was a real nice ride.

Just realized IPOB us done now and OPEN doing well. Nice.
Luminar supports Level 4 autonomous driving, which is fully autonomous. It's what Mobileye and Daimler partnered with them for.

https://www.tipranks.com/news/article/luminar-mobileye-deal-is-just-the-beginning-says-top-analyst/

Thought this tidbit was interesting from Apple's autonomous car news today:

Apple has decided to tap outside partners for elements of the system, including lidar sensors, which help self-driving cars get a three-dimensional view of the road, two people familiar with the company's plans said.

Do you think you guys can add how long you're expecting to hold individual stocks? Would help me as a newbie a ton. Thanks.
I’m playing with 8k and usually stick around for 500+ profit then move. This was my first year playing around and have been trying to average 3-500 a week profit until I build up mo moooonaayyyyy

Luminar supports Level 4 autonomous driving, which is fully autonomous. It's what Mobileye and Daimler partnered with them for.

https://www.tipranks.com/news/article/luminar-mobileye-deal-is-just-the-beginning-says-top-analyst/

Apple has decided to tap outside partners for elements of the system, including lidar sensors, which help self-driving cars get a three-dimensional view of the road, two people familiar with the company's plans said.
Elon has always affirmed that lidar will never be affordable enough to implement from multiple angles, both from the computing power to run it and simply the cost of the sensors are already high.  

PTON up after hours on news they're buying Precor. 

We had a few Pelotons at my office gym, tons of people got hooked. Several folks bought their own before Covid while the work gym was still open, needed to have their own. And since WFH a bunch of others bought them. Getting further into the corporate/hotel space will spread the gotta-hava-PTON virus like wildfire if executed well. 

Elon has always affirmed that lidar will never be affordable enough to implement from multiple angles, both from the computing power to run it and simply the cost of the sensors are already high.  
Luminar production units going in the Mobileye solution are sub $1000 with an assumption of even lower cost with scale. Mobileye was against Lidar for a time but rethought their approach using lidar. One big problem is that data validation for sensor only solutions can take hundreds of millions of hours.

https://www.mobileye.com/true-redundancy/

This is an interesting article about Tesla's AV approach vs. Lidar.

https://scale.com/blog/is-elon-wrong-about-lidar

Ultimately, any successful fully autonomous system will be all about how safe it is.

I need to get back in on this.

How did the demo go?
It went well, but it was virtual and a little "sales-y" so I'm not sure if nervous people are less nervous. I'm still not adding until FDA approval but not selling what I have,  either. Reminder that I bought at 28-ish and basically got a double, sold a lot. Bought back after the short reports and am sitting at 70% gains on what amounts to free shares.  Point is I'm pretty de-risked. I did the math and the worst case scenario is this goes to 0 and I'll still have made $500.

So I've been beating the MILs financial advisor on a daily basis.  1% today and that's with Amazon holding me back.  She finally mades some moves but I generally take 4 out of 5 days.

Last week this was the conversation between me a MIL..

Bass...Sup, how have you been?

MIL...good, you?

Bass...Not so good, back is sore.

MIL...Awww....what happened.

Bass...Really sore from carrying your financial advisor.

Today because she always falls for it.

Bass...Just checking in, how was you weekend.

MIL...Good, what did you do?

Bass...Can't talk long, got to run and see the chiropractor.

MIL...Oh?  What happened?

Bass...Strained it carrying your financial advisor.

MIL...Dang, you get me overtime with that one.

Thoughts on JNJ as a medium hold in anticipation/results of their phase 3 results? All signs point that to that being the vaccine winner is the results come back positively.

PTON up after hours on news they're buying Precor. 

We had a few Pelotons at my office gym, tons of people got hooked. Several folks bought their own before Covid while the work gym was still open, needed to have their own. And since WFH a bunch of others bought them. Getting further into the corporate/hotel space will spread the gotta-hava-PTON virus like wildfire if executed well. 
As an owner of both the bike and the stock, I like the move.

That’s not exactly what that article says. I have no idea what level 4 and level 5 are but I don’t see how LIDAR can handle traffic lights, signs, etc. by itself. The article even mentions what I said about it being more so for highway in autonomous. In addition to the AI/cameras, it’s a piece of the puzzle. That said there are other LIDAR companies and my biggest issue is what is mentioned. In 2025, the entire LIDAR market is expected to be $2.5B and Luminar is already worth $11.4B and was worth over $14B when I posted in here that I thought it was way overextended. It’s priced like it’s 5 years from now. That’s a long time for Tesla and others to make multiple cameras or something else work as well.

It went well, but it was virtual and a little "sales-y" so I'm not sure if nervous people are less nervous. I'm still not adding until FDA approval but not selling what I have,  either. Reminder that I bought at 28-ish and basically got a double, sold a lot. Bought back after the short reports and am sitting at 70% gains on what amounts to free shares.  Point is I'm pretty de-risked. I did the math and the worst case scenario is this goes to 0 and I'll still have made $500.
So was it not jaw dropping?

So was it not jaw dropping?
I think it was good, but it’s hard to be jaw dropping via Zoom, especially for what they’re trying to do. The CEO actually put his hand in the machine and sent an image which was very, very clear. So you either think they’re lying or you don’t. I don’t.

I think it was good, but it’s hard to be jaw dropping via Zoom, especially for what they’re trying to do. The CEO actually put his hand in the machine and sent an image which was very, very clear. So you either think they’re lying or you don’t. I don’t.
I don’t either (never did) but I don’t know if I’ll bite or not. May jump early, not sure. 

AAPL announces entrance to electric vehicle market...will probably pop.
Is this one new news/can you link to what you are seeing? I've seen pieces about their desire and high-level plans before. What I want to know is who is their supplier and/or partner in that venture?

I’m playing with 8k and usually stick around for 500+ profit then move. This was my first year playing around and have been trying to average 3-500 a week profit until I build up mo moooonaayyyyy
I'm starting thinking of doing the same strategy. Gave myself about the same amount to play with. Currently down but lessons learned. 

Thoughts on JNJ as a medium hold in anticipation/results of their phase 3 results? All signs point that to that being the vaccine winner is the results come back positively.
I think it is a great idea--not sure what medium means to you. I've been a buyer of long term JNJ calls for June 2022, about 10% in the money, which are really cheap. Buying five contracts cost me under $12000 and gets me access to 500 shares. You lose out on dividends with options, that's why the calls are so cheap. For the non-option trader, just buy the stock and hold.

Literally every stock we own is green premarket while the general market is flat- so naturally I’m expecting a sharp reversal out of nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread