What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (6 Viewers)

Why? They were willing to pay him $15MM for just one season and reportedly offered him a similar contract to what he got from the Jets prior to tagging him.
Because they already have an established starting RB (though not as accomplished), they have salary cap issues, Bell isn't exactly tearing it up in NY and he trashed the Steelers team and QB since his departure.

Other than that I have nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
When media outlets say "shopping" I generally just assume it means "listening to offers on" because it doesn't make any sense to not answer calls and listen to offers. Realistically, there isn't a player in the league that is beyond the range of a trade. Some have enough clout to say "I'll retire" ala Gronk to the Lions, and some would take a Ricky Williams-esque "my whole upcoming draft allotment" for 1 guy, but they are all assets to be moved if a Godfather deal comes through. 

I'm excited to see Bell vs. MIA this weekend. I have to start Darnold with Mahomie out again so a few Cap't Checkdown TDs would be gravy. :D

Because they already have an established starting RB (though not as accomplished), they have salary cap issues, Bell isn't exactly tearing it up in NY and he trashed the Steelers team and QB since his departure.

All good points except the tearing it up in NY part.

Bell is the biggest liar in the league... bar none. Remember all the teams “interested” in him in FA and it was just the Jets with their mediocre offer. 

He isn’t tearing it up because of Gase and the supporting cast. He’s looked great and he’s the only guy that shows up and plays hard every week. Also I was under the impression their RB broke his clavicle.

As a Bell owner, I love that he is publicly whining about his lack of usage.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  I think he gets 25-30 touches this week.

moondog said:
Why would you believe Bell ?
I don’t believe him or not believe him to be honest. I have no idea. I don’t see any upside on him lying but I can see him thinking he’s being funny or something I guess.

Don Hutson said:
As a Bell owner, I love that he is publicly whining about his lack of usage.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  I think he gets 25-30 touches this week.
I seem to recall Bell whining about being over-used.   Maybe he's just a whiner.

Dr. Octopus said:
He isn’t tearing it up because of Gase and the supporting cast. He’s looked great and he’s the only guy that shows up and plays hard every week. Also I was under the impression their RB broke his clavicle.
The only thing I've heard is an AC sprain.  As far as I know Conner's clavicle is not broken.

I am sure that you are right that Bell's lack of production is partially due to the offense and the way he's being utilized but he certainly made it clear e didn't like the way he was used in Pittsburgh.   However the biggest reason I don't believe Bell is there is no way the Steelers could have fit his salary under the cap.   

So shocked he's done nothing with the jets. Who could have seen that coming, hmm.
So shocked the Steelers have sucked without Bell & Brown.  Who could have seen that coming, hmm.

Correlation doesn’t equal causation.  Perhaps the injuries to Ben, Conner, and others has more to do with Pitt sucking this year than missing Bell & Brown.  And perhaps the injuries/illnesses of Darnold, the Jets o-line, and their defensive players has contributed to NYJ being unable to get into positive game scripts for Bell, hmm.

Godsbrother said:

Confirmed by Schefter.

NY Daily News' Manish Mehta reports Le'Veon Bell (knee) underwent an MRI on his knee Monday.

Coach Adam Gase said he was unaware of Bell's knee issue until the running back wasn't around for Monday's meetings; Gase is also unclear on the severity. This surprise injury could explain why the team's $52-million workhorse mustered only one seven-plus yard rush on 25 touches in New York's Week 9 loss to the Dolphins. We'll have an update when the team passes one on along, but Ty Montgomery warrants consideration at the end of rosters heading into Tuesday night's waivers even if Bell's cleared.

SOURCE: Manish Mehta on Twitter

Nov 4, 2019, 2:11 PM ET

Maybe he's just tired of staying in to block instead of getting the 30+ touches he should be getting. I'm definitely not surprised that Gase was unaware of any of this.

Not seeing anything to suggest Bell isn't going to start this week. MRI's very often mean nothing. Bell had one already on his shoulder and missed like 1 practice.

That said, this offense is in shambles. They should have hit 30+ points vs Miami. Still think Bell can be a high-end RB2, but that amazing schedule leading to a top-5 down the stretch finish, is looking a ton less likely.

What a brilliant pick I made with Bell at 8th overall.....just brilliant.
A guy in my league took Bell and  Antonio Brown with the last pick of the first rd and first pick of second.  Needless to say he is not too happy right now as team is floundering.

Le'Veon Bell (knee) won't practice Wednesday.

Coach Adam Gase said the team would "see how he progresses after that." The Jets promoted RB Josh Adams from the practice squad on Tuesday, which would signal a lack of faith in Bell's availability. The team did claim the move was to block another team from signing Adams. The situation is far from hopeless, but Bell owners need to be making alternate plans ahead of Sunday's inter-stadium date with the Giants.

SOURCE: Brian Costello on Twitter

Nov 5, 2019, 4:12 PM ET

Lol this team can’t figure out how to beat the Dolphins but they’re out there blocking teams (I’d guess the Dolphins) from sniping their practice squad scrub RBs. Way to go Gase! God he’s such a moron.

Le'Veon Bell (knee) is questionable for the Jets' Week 10 matchup against the Giants.

When asked of Bell's chances of playing Week 10 against the Giants, Jets coach Adam Gase said, "It looks good." It's better to treat Bell as more of an upside RB2 based on volume alone if active against the Giants in Week 10. He's the PPR RB15 this season despite the Jets' general ineptitude and set up well against the Giants' 23rd-ranked defense in fewest PPR per game allowed to opposing RBs. The Jets would likely utilize a two-back committee of sorts with Ty Montgomery as the lead pass-down back and Bilal Powell as the primary early-down option if Bell ultimately misses time. Each would be thin plays inside of the league's 31st-ranked scoring offense.

SOURCE: Jets on Twitter.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:54 PM ET

I'm feeling sketchy about owning Le'Veon Bell.  He has a coach that seems to have a vested interest in having Le'Veon fail.  If Le'Veon fails, Gase can say "I told you so".  If Le'Veon succeeds, Gase will have to swallow his pride.  But Bell passes the eye test.  He is a beast.  With PPR skills.  He is capable of 30+ touches.  I'm going to assume that Le'Veon slapped Gase into understanding his position when they had their tete-a-tete.  I'm going to go with Bell's obvious talent and impact over Gase's pride and insecurities.

Le'Veon Bell (knee) said he will play Week 10 against the Giants.

This was expected after coach Adam Gase said, "It looks good" when he was asked about Bell playing on Sunday. Despite the Jets' massive struggles on offense, Bell has managed to be the RB15 this season. Bell will be on the RB1/2 borderline in PPR leagues against the Giants.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Nov 9, 2019, 7:14 PM ET

Le'Veon Bell (knee) is active for Week 10 against the Giants.

This was expected despite Bell not practicing much this week. He should see his normal workload against a Giants defense that's been shredded by the run this season. Inactive for the Jets are DL Jordan Willis, LB Neville Hewit, C Ryan Kalil, OL Connor McDermott, LB C.J. Mosely, CB Darryl Roberts, and S Blake Countess

Nov 10, 2019, 11:41 AM ET

Le'Veon Bell had 18 carries for 34 yards and a touchdown and caught four passes for 34 yards in Week 10 against the Giants.

Bell was held in check all game by the Giants defensive line, with a long run of four yards. He converted a goal-line carry to give the Jets a fourth-quarter lead that ended up sealing the win. Other than that, Bell really struggled in this one. It's been a tough year for Bell, who looks miscast in Adam Gase's zone-run scheme. Bell has another favorable spot against the Redskins in Week 11.
12.8 FP in standard, not shabby at all.

Rotoworld:

Le'Veon Bell (ribs, illness) will be limited in practice Thursday.

Bell himself along with coach Adam Gase have already clarified that the Jets' starting RB is good to go for Sunday's matchup against the Raiders. Bell has at least 15 touches in all but one game this season, but is averaging career-low marks in both yards per carry (3.1) and yards per target (5). Up next is another glorious matchup against the Redskins' 26th-ranked defense in fewest PPR per game allowed to opposing RBs. Still, Bell is better treated as a low-end RB2 inside of the Jets' 30th-ranked scoring offense.

SOURCE: Brian Costello on Twitter.

Nov 14, 2019, 10:59 AM ET

Le'Veon Bell (ribs, illness) will remain a limited participant at Friday's practice.

Bell could draw the questionable tag for Sunday's game, though we'd expect to see him in uniform at Washington. Ranked dead-last in yards per carry among qualified rushers (3.1 yards per attempt), Bell's debut season in East Rutherford has largely been a train wreck, though a bounce-back game could be in order against an inept Redskins run defense (allowing fifth-most rushing yards per game).

SOURCE: Manish Mehta on Twitter

Nov 15, 2019, 10:53 AM ET

Le'Veon Bell (ribs, illness) is officially questionable for Week 11 against the Redskins.

Bell is likely on the good side of the questionable tag after getting in a limited practice Friday. The highly-paid back has been hobbled but has played through injuries this season. Despite averaging 3.1 yards per carry, Bell has some RB2 with upside appeal this week against a Redskins defense that's been soft against the run.

SOURCE: Jets on Twitter

Nov 15, 2019, 3:52 PM ET

Le'Veon Bell (questionable, ribs/knee/illness) is expected to play Week 11 against the Redskins.

Bell had his practice reps rationed throughout the week, though neither injury will keep him from suiting up Sunday in our nation's capital. The matchup is right—only four teams have yielded more rushing yards per game than Washington (136.0)—though putting any modicum of faith in the Jets' offense is probably a fool's errand at this point. Buried on a weekly basis by New York's non-existent offensive line, Bell ranks dead-last among qualified rushers in yards per carry (3.1).

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 17, 2019, 8:10 AM ET

Le'Veon Bell is officially active for Week 11 against the Redskins.

This was expected. Bell has struggled behind a bad offensive line, but the matchup gives him a shot at top-15 running back value this week. The Jets declared LB C.J. Mosley, CB Nate Hairston, DE Jordan Willis, LB Paul Worrilow, CB Darryl Roberts, DB Matthias Farley and OL Leo Koloamatangi inactive.

Nov 17, 2019, 11:40 AM ET

Le'Veon Bell rushed 18 times for 59 yards and one touchdown in the Jets' Week 11 win over the Redskins, adding two receptions for 33 yards as a receiver.

This is a pretty standard stat line for Bell (3.3 YPC on 18 carries), but this time he found the end zone with the Redskins handing the Jets great field position. Bell simply isn't getting things going on the ground, which partially falls on him but can mostly be blamed on an offensive line that couldn't even open lanes against the Redskins. Luckily for Bell, the Raiders are coming to New York next week, so Bell will have a chance at a score in addition to his 15-20 weekly touches. Bell will be an RB2 for Week 12.

Le’Veon Bell rushed 12 times for 49 yards in the Jets' Week 12 win over the Raiders, adding five receptions for 59 additional yards.

Bell was getting involved early and often in both the pass and run game, notably making a circus catch down the field after lining up in the slot on the Jets’ first offensive play of the game. The Jets haven’t really managed to get their run game started all season, but Bell’s continuing development as a receiver in this offense should help keep his fantasy floor and ceiling alike in a good spot down the stretch. The Jets’ featured RB is set up brilliantly in upcoming matchups against the Bengals in Week 13 and Dolphins in Week 14.

Users who are viewing this thread