What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (7 Viewers)

Dancing with the Stars?
That is the only way my wife knows anyone that plays in the NFL.  Great Bridge for the NFL for those non sports loving wives out there.  She will actively root for someone that was on Dancing with the stars if she hears there name during a game I am watching.

I'll go so far as to say great for fantasy football on the Steelers, horribly overrated as a running back during his heyday. He was nothing without that line.

What a guy.  

IIRC I took him 1st overall in a Dynasty start-up in 2017.  Won that year with Bell and Gurley.  Had him in a couple of other leagues before that.  Nothing but insanity since 2017.  

Le’Veon Bell’s 6th Baby Mama Calls Him The ‘Worst Human Being On The Planet’ For Being A Deadbeat Dad And Ghosting Her After Baby Was Born   link

"@leveonbell since you blocked me I guess we can talk on here because you only care what the public thinks! You’re the worst ####### human being on the planet you can’t even call yourself a man when you barely take care of the kids you do claim and pick and choose which ones to claim!

Oh and we can dead the narrative I choose to be baby mama #6 because I never knew that.. I would have ran for the hills!! But I guess that’s why you had to go get an dumb underaged ##### after me I let you slide for a minute tryna keep it cool but now the world can know what a terrible person you are!......"

Le’Veon Bell’s 6th Baby Mama Calls Him The ‘Worst Human Being On The Planet’ For Being A Deadbeat Dad And Ghosting Her After Baby Was Born   link

"@leveonbell since you blocked me I guess we can talk on here because you only care what the public thinks! You’re the worst ####### human being on the planet you can’t even call yourself a man when you barely take care of the kids you do claim and pick and choose which ones to claim!

Oh and we can dead the narrative I choose to be baby mama #6 because I never knew that.. I would have ran for the hills!! But I guess that’s why you had to go get an dumb underaged ##### after me I let you slide for a minute tryna keep it cool but now the world can know what a terrible person you are!......"
I am in no way sticking up for Bell here but being "Baby Mama #6: doesn't say a whole lot for her character either.

Does this really surprise anyone about Le'Veon Bell ? The guy who objected to being drug tested (despite his prior drug transgressions) by claiming he "doesn't like needles"....even though he is covered in tattoos. LMAO. 

Nick Cannon fathered four children with three different women...in the last twelve months.

:eek:
Think of an old fashioned cash register when you read these stories, the kind with a large pull lever. There’s only one price button on our hypothetical register. It’s $10K per month per baby momma.

It’s why so many young men walk away from the game broke.

($10K is the  average…varies by state but for most child support formulas it’s 15-17% of income. many districts have what is called the “three pony rule” to cap the support…soft rule but it’s basically “every child deserves a pony if the parents can afford it - even two ponies so they can ride with a friend. but no child needs three ponies.”)

Soure: I was a Big 4 CPA w/ scores of pro athlete clients. Sad but super common.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bell is a cautionary tale of how important a player's situation is. Bell is a talented player with questionable motivation/disciple. You put him in a well run organization with a scheme that caters to his strengths and you get a yearly top 5 back. You put him in the dumpster fire that is the Jets, playing in Adam Gase scheme and it basically ends his career. 

I'm not saying Bell is not responsible for his current unemployment but I always like to remember which organizations can get productivity out of these types of players and which clearly cannot. 

None of these guys are any sort of answer to anyone

They may get you 10 points here and there but that's it

This is really intriguing.   If he gets signed I think the Balt organization can make him walk the line so to speak.  May have some value if he has any gas left
Of RB's with 300+ total carries since 2018, Bell ranks 37th out of 38 backs with a 3.41 ypc. Only Peyton Barber was worse (3.32). The bottom 10 of the list has some other notable names . . .

29 Jamaal Williams 4.12
30 Adrian Peterson 4.12
31 Carlos Hyde 4.01
32 David Montgomery 4.01
33 David Johnson 3.96
34 Leonard Fournette 3.96
35 Frank Gorer 3.88
36 Jordan Howard 3.76
37 LeVeon Bell 3.41
38 Peyton Barber 3.32

Maybe the Ravens have some fountain of youth potion that Bell could drink.

Raven signing Bell to their practice squad

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

·

13m

Having lost RBs J.K. Dobbins and Justice Hall to season-ending injuries, the Ravens are signing veteran RB Le’Veon Bell to their practice squad, per source. He soon is likely to be added to the 53-man roster when ready.

So is this like an extended audition? Presumably they’ll have to add him to the active roster to play him on MNF, no? 

A. I believe it's after the league's week one, so that includes MNF.

2. It could be an audition but they are HURTING for depth. Maybe gives them time to work out others (LatM?)

D. No way he would be ready to play by Monday anyway.

2. It could be an audition but they are HURTING for depth. Maybe gives them time to work out others (LatM?)

I believe the process is teams will have to finalize their initial 53-man roster by 4 pm the day before their first game. They can then reshuffle practice squad players and inactives on game day, which will have no bearing on if their contracts become guaranteed for the season. IIRC, that is derived from the names on the official roster from the day before. 

There’s been some griping from veterans that are on practice squads, as they will end up playing Week 1 but they won’t have guaranteed contracts. Those players can then be offered contracts on the main roster for Week 2.

Crazy but I desperately need him to stick.  Bell and Cohen are my only backups in 16 team BB league that drafted back in February.  

I was close. The actual procedure is players are officially considered as on the active roster each Tuesday at 3:00 for the forthcoming week. Which this week would guarantee the contracts for all players for the entire season.

I just don't see Bell's style as a good fit for the Baltimore offense.  I think too much dancing is not good for Lamar and ball fakes and option reads.  I think Gus and Ty'son are much better suited for the offense.  I would even prefer Latavius over Bell at this point.  Seems like a weird signing that won't last long to me.  

I just don't see Bell's style as a good fit for the Baltimore offense.  I think too much dancing is not good for Lamar and ball fakes and option reads.  I think Gus and Ty'son are much better suited for the offense.  I would even prefer Latavius over Bell at this point.  Seems like a weird signing that won't last long to me.  
I agree and it seems like his fit with the team just as a 3rd down back since the other 2 backs don't really profile as pass catchers. That role with the Ravens isn't very interesting for fantasy. 

Worth a pickup?

They're saying he could actually play this week so the brass must not be too disinterested?

Dropped him for R. Penny (Carson insurance). WT Hell.

No one in my league did. I too just ignored it but now I just grabbed him. My league mates are playing it off like he's done but I think the Edwards owner is faking that he doesn't care. 

I don't think Bell has much left either but Baltimore needs someone to run the ball and the way they are going through them Bell could certainly be starting.

Users who are viewing this thread