What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Online deals thread**** (1 Viewer)

In the end, 1x iPhone XR 64GB ($600), 1x iPhone 11 128 GB ($750). Already have both e-giftcards in my email. ($700 total). With carriers demanding a new line to get a decent discount, I’m pretty happy about basically getting $700 for 6 hours total of my time.
I'm not sure you'll convince Otis.

What do you guys do with these things?  Like what are you losing all the time?
Not location specific enough, wouldnt work for me. Wife looses the car keys and cell phone every single time they go in her purse. OMG where did I leave my phone, panic ensues for 15 minutes until she figures out which pocket of her purse she put it in. 

Not location specific enough, wouldnt work for me. Wife looses the car keys and cell phone every single time they go in her purse. OMG where did I leave my phone, panic ensues for 15 minutes until she figures out which pocket of her purse she put it in. 
Most phones have a find my device feature.

The only thing I'm intrigued by is a NEST type thing. I use an iPhone and Mac so whichever I'd buy would have to be compatible. Haven't done much research on any of them though and I don't want to pay a monthly fee for any kind of service that goes with them.

The only thing I'm intrigued by is a NEST type thing. I use an iPhone and Mac so whichever I'd buy would have to be compatible. Haven't done much research on any of them though and I don't want to pay a monthly fee for any kind of service that goes with them.
What nest type thing are you referring to?  It began as a thermostat but now it's like a brand and covers multiple products.  The only thing that I think would have a monthly fee is some of the cloud storage for the nest cameras.  

Getting tired of my ring always crashing when i use the app.  Combine that with their security issues and I'm probably going to sell mine and switch to circle 2.

What nest type thing are you referring to?  It began as a thermostat but now it's like a brand and covers multiple products.  The only thing that I think would have a monthly fee is some of the cloud storage for the nest cameras.  
Doorbell and outside camera to watch my front door and back door. I know some things are in the cloud however, I think, other services keep them on a hard drive in the home.

Apparently AT&T is not in my area for Internet, they have some provider called HughesNet. From a quick review, they don't have the best on-line reviews.

They are offering me $49.99 monthly for 10GB.
My in laws have Hughes net. They are in the boonies and aren't smart. The 10gb is a cap and then they throttle to less than 0.5mbps. My 3g cell service was faster. I had to go to the local library to do some work. But I digress

If you have 300mbps you are fine. If you have 25-50 you can stream without issue. 50+ you can stream 4k without issue. 

Tldr you're fine

We stream with 100mbs.

3 kids are always streaming something, and the wife and I can both have a TV going as well with no issues.

How much internet mbps do I need if I get rid of cable and go with streaming? I currently have 'Extreme Internet at $90/mo 300mbps.
There are calculators out there but can't find them right now. I think Netflix says 40 for a hd stream 

avoiding injuries said:
I was able to get my Nest devices through my electric company at a fraction of their cost. Might be worth looking into since there’s a lot of interest in here. 
Same I got the Nest gen 3 for $99 from National Grid (upstate NY) on one of their special electricity saving holidays 

Figure I'll buy a tv next year.  So that means i need some carpentry work as spot won't fit anything bigger than 55".

Not an insane deal but got this for my son for his Xbox. Crazy how cheap decent 4K Smart TVs are now.  250 for a 50 inch.  He's currently using our 10 year old plasma. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-50-class-led-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr-fire-tv-edition/6245704.p?skuId=6245704
Ended up canceling this order and getting an LG 49 inch for $30 cheaper with store pickup.  LG appears to be a better brand than Insignia and TL

https://www.target.com/p/lg-49-34-class-4k-uhd-smart-led-hdr-tv-49um6900pua/-/A-52702277

Last edited by a moderator:
identikit said:
Maybe already mentioned, but Hulu's deal for this year is $1.99/month for one year.

Last year it was 99 cents.

Still a good deal though.
Noticed they billed me like $6 this month.  Guess I have to cancel and find another email address to register again.  😠

I usually find something to buy that I don't need.  Not yet this year.  Maybe Cyber Monday.  :mellow:  
I was looking at the Oculus VR thing on Amazon lightning deals amount sold were ticking up like seconds 66%, 67%, 68%.  I figured I better buy before they sell out.  I have heard of them and get the gist but really have no idea what I actually purchased.

I was looking at the Oculus VR thing on Amazon lightning deals amount sold were ticking up like seconds 66%, 67%, 68%.  I figured I better buy before they sell out.  I have heard of them and get the gist but really have no idea what I actually purchased.

At least you only spent 120 dollars on something useless instead of the full 199 dollars.

Costco had the 3rd generation Nest on sale for $130 (in store) when I was there yesterday.  $40 better than any online BF deals I saw

Ended up picking this desktop up today.  Not a ripping deal, but a decent gaming PC to get back into while I had been wanting PC to organize some photos/files better anyways.

As far as TV pricing, will same deals be around close to xmas or are these truly the best deals and if needed in January buy today?

Users who are viewing this thread