What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (5 Viewers)

Thanks, Keerock.  I love DeSano's near Music Row and Smith & Lentz if I'm seeing a show at Basement East.  Pizza usually isn't the #1 thing on my brain when I visit, but would be great to know more options.
Emmys in the Gulch - Outstanding Detroit style pizza (and great burgers too!)

Pastaria - Very fresh, thin crust.  As the name suggests... excellent freshmade pastas too

Hmmm.  I don't doubt that Portland has some amazing pizzerias - not that anyone has ever offered to take me to any when I've visited. 🤬

To me though, what keeps places on the west coast (or south) from laying claim to any titles is a dearth of B-plus pizza places littered throughout every town/hood.  If you want to just drop in somewhere and grab a quick slice, you can't go wrong stopping in almost any hole-in-the-wall pizza joint in NYC, Philly, or Baltimore.  Hell, I live in the 'burbs and have three really good spots in walking distance.  

In my experience, on any visit to LA or Nashville or Seattle or Tampa, you actively have to seek out good pizza, I've never just stumbled upon it.  Same with bagels...

This is probably true but a little unfair since NYC is so densely populated.  But in Portland, it's definitely more than a handful of spots.  Off the top of my head I can name about a dozen.

Apizza Scholls, Ken's, Red Sauce, East Glisan, Lovely's fifty fifty, Gracie's, Dimo's, Scottie's , Ranch PDX, Cicoria, Pizza Jerk, Baby Doll

Places like SF don't have this volume of good pizza.  I can think of only a handful that are really good there and it's a much bigger metro area.  It's one of the first thing I noticed about the food scene when I moved here.  That's why Portland gets so much buzz currently.  

Hmmm.  I don't doubt that Portland has some amazing pizzerias - not that anyone has ever offered to take me to any when I've visited. 🤬

To me though, what keeps places on the west coast (or south) from laying claim to any titles is a dearth of B-plus pizza places littered throughout every town/hood.  If you want to just drop in somewhere and grab a quick slice, you can't go wrong stopping in almost any hole-in-the-wall pizza joint in NYC, Philly, or Baltimore.  Hell, I live in the 'burbs and have three really good spots in walking distance.  

In my experience, on any visit to LA or Nashville or Seattle or Tampa, you actively have to seek out good pizza, I've never just stumbled upon it.  Same with bagels...

This is probably true but a little unfair since NYC is so densely populated.  But in Portland, it's definitely more than a handful of spots.  Off the top of my head I can name about a dozen.

Apizza Scholls, Ken's, Red Sauce, East Glisan, Lovely's fifty fifty, Gracie's, Dimo's, Scottie's , Ranch PDX, Cicoria, Pizza Jerk, Baby Doll

Places like SF don't have this volume of good pizza.  I can think of only a handful that are really good there and it's a much bigger metro area.  It's one of the first thing I noticed about the food scene when I moved here.  That's why Portland gets so much buzz currently.  

Oh, I think the idea that Portland is the BEST pizza city is preposterous.  But, you gotta sell books and you can't do that without trying to be controversial.  Sadly, I haven't even been to any of the top spots they mention, but know they are revered and usually PACKED, which tends to keep me at bay.  

Although Sizzle Pie just opened up a location within walking distance, so I might try them out soon.  

I wonder if any place will make a grilled pizza with Swiss cheese for our favourite Canadian commercial truck driver.....

What's even better is that the west side of Portland - the BURBS - are starting to get incredible restaurant options.  I think restaurant owners are tired of Multnomah taxes, high crime, no police presence, difficulty parking, etc.  So the migration to Washington County has been a blessing for those of us in Beaverton who for years had just uninspired chain restaurants, horrendous Mexican food and McMenamins, which might just be the most over priced, bland tasting food with surly service in the world.  

But man, 1st Street Commons downtown Beaverton is vibrant with excellent food options.  I've gotten hooked on The Sudra, which is a plant based Indian food place that just slaps.  And that's coming from a lifelong, meat eating Texan.  

What's even better is that the west side of Portland - the BURBS - are starting to get incredible restaurant options.  I think restaurant owners are tired of Multnomah taxes, high crime, no police presence, difficulty parking, etc.  So the migration to Washington County has been a blessing for those of us in Beaverton who for years had just uninspired chain restaurants, horrendous Mexican food and McMenamins, which might just be the most over priced, bland tasting food with surly service in the world.  

But man, 1st Street Commons downtown Beaverton is vibrant with excellent food options.  I've gotten hooked on The Sudra, which is a plant based Indian food place that just slaps.  And that's coming from a lifelong, meat eating Texan.  

All I know of the area west of Portland is top golf in Hillsboro which is great fun.  I need to explore more.  McMeniman's has become like Applebee's to us.  Terrible, yet sometimes you get an inexplicable craving for it.  And the creepy school turned hotel is a cool spot.  

Oh, I think the idea that Portland is the BEST pizza city is preposterous.  But, you gotta sell books and you can't do that without trying to be controversial.  Sadly, I haven't even been to any of the top spots they mention, but know they are revered and usually PACKED, which tends to keep me at bay.  

Although Sizzle Pie just opened up a location within walking distance, so I might try them out soon.  

I wonder if any place will make a grilled pizza with Swiss cheese for our favourite Canadian commercial truck driver.....
Timeout or some other national thing did a "best pizza in the country" thing in the last few weeks. The supposed best spot in the country is down the street from me- never even heard of it.

we've got a handful of spots ranging from the dollar dollar-fifty pizza quick grab, to a couple of thin/fancy spots and a between the thin/fancy and dollar pizza level that we consistently order from.

All I know of the area west of Portland is top golf in Hillsboro which is great fun.  I need to explore more.  McMeniman's has become like Applebee's to us.  Terrible, yet sometimes you get an inexplicable craving for it.  And the creepy school turned hotel is a cool spot.  
Oh, we cave to the pressure to visit McMeniman's from time to time because for a family our size with some unruly rug rats, it's nice to not care that the angry server will have to put up with us.  I don't feel apologetic like I do in most other establishments.  

Plus, I'll put Hammerhead Beer on tap as one my very favorite beers.  Just a terrific ale.

Pet peeve:

dk (to mrs and daughter)- what do you guys want for dinner?

mrs and d- I don’t care

dk- chinese

m&d- no

dk- Mexican 

m&d- no

dk- burgers

m&d- no

etc…..

it can be like this with watching movies as well

🤦‍♂️

Has the perforating industry been shut down??? 

Wtf. Tear here doesnt mean squat anymore. 
Yeah this sucks.  Probably too busy to do proper changeover or new blades on back order for like 45 weeks

Drunken knight said:
mrs pulls items with a few seconds on the timer and doesn’t reset it

General Malaise said:
Also grounds for divorce.  I want to see the time, not how many seconds you saved warming up your burrito.
wife does this drives me nuts 

So the new trend is to interview coaches while the game is being played. Did it again in the Bolts/Avs game tonight. I find it annoying and disruptive to game flow and the interviews are vanilla in content.

Are coaches required by the leagues to do this or can they say go away your bothering me.

So the new trend is to interview coaches while the game is being played. Did it again in the Bolts/Avs game tonight. I find it annoying and disruptive to game flow and the interviews are vanilla in content.

Are coaches required by the leagues to do this or can they say go away your bothering me.
I can't stand this crap. Save it for the pregame or postgame where this stuff belongs. Always fun to see a big game moment totally ignored while they air this junk.

Not sure if this is pet peeve or people are fn lazy BUT......

Ran to target this morning to pick up an online order.

Car in parking lot stops puts blinker on because someone is loading up their car..... We will say they are ~ 8 spaces from the front door.   I'm LIKE WTF.... so i go around said person as the person isnt even in their car yet.   ~ we will say 20 spaces from the front door their is approximately 1000 parking spaces to choose from.

So I park... and am in the store before said person has even parked yet.....

SMH

I get it when every freaking spot is filled but that net 12 spaces sure isn't worth it......

Car in parking lot stops puts blinker on because someone is loading up their car..... We will say they are ~ 8 spaces from the front door.   I'm LIKE WTF.... so i go around said person as the person isnt even in their car yet.   ~ we will say 20 spaces from the front door their is approximately 1000 parking spaces to choose from.

SMH

I get it when every freaking spot is filled but that net 12 spaces sure isn't worth it......
Same people that drive an extra 10 miles to get gas that's 3 cents cheaper.   They're idiots.

SMH

Similar experience for me yesterday. White SUV is trolling the parking lot in Front of Target. Rather than pick one of the abundant spots 15+ spaces away, they decide to block most of of the 2-way traffic aisle while they wait for spot #5 to open. The folks occupying in said spot are nowhere near being close to leaving. I park in spot 20 or so, go inside, and finally see white SUV park. WTF?

Last edited by a moderator:

SMH

Similar experience for me yesterday. White SUV is trolling the parking lot in Front of Target. Rather than pick one of the abundant spots 15+ spaces away, they decide to block most of of the 2-way traffic aisle while they wait for spot #5 to open The folks occupying in said spot are nowhere near being close to leaving. I park in spot 12 or so, go inside, and finally see white SUV park. WTF?

they'll have the last laugh when you have to walk all the way to those extra 7 spots on the way out. take that, SUCKERS!

Similarly, this happens at a Starbucks near my house where rather than parking the car in a spot, people will leave it at the curb while they run in.  Except it's part of an old, poorly designed shopping center where someone parked on the curb effectively blocks all traffic headed the same direction. 

The turn-in to the shopping center is maybe 15 feet from where these jerks park, meaning that traffic often backs up all the way onto the main road.  I've seen several near road-rage incidents over this - surprised some selfish frappuccino drinker hasn't been cold-cocked (or worse) by someone just trying to drop off their kids at the karate studio next door or park at the grocery store a little farther down.

SMH

Their vs There.  Is vs Are.  Sorry, had to.

Lets say you are selling a car or camper, etc on Facebook Marketplace or Craig's List. Why do you have 3 pictures? Its 2022. Take 10, 12, 20 pictures. It doesnt take much effort at all. Someone looking shouldn't have to contact you without being 100% sure they are interested. 

I've seen several near road-rage incidents over this - surprised some selfish frappuccino drinker hasn't been cold-cocked (or worse) by someone just trying to drop off their kids at the karate studio next door or park at the grocery store a little farther down.
Cobra Kai season 5

Last edited by a moderator:

SMH

You should have driven

Lets say you are selling a car or camper, etc on Facebook Marketplace or Craig's List. Why do you have 3 pictures? Its 2022. Take 10, 12, 20 pictures. It doesnt take much effort at all. Someone looking shouldn't have to contact you without being 100% sure they are interested. 
AMEN TO THIS

And spend an extra 30 seconds to actually write a readable description that includes useful information about the thing.  Give the size, the age, condition, something more than one giant run-on sentence like "X for sale runs good bought it for $2000 but will take $1200".  

Are you guys okay with your Uber drivers having Air Pods in their ears, and having a phone conversation with someone as they are driving you to your destination.

I can't decide if this should be a pet peeve of mine. I would prefer they give their full attention to the road. 

Are you guys okay with your Uber drivers having Air Pods in their ears, and having a phone conversation with someone as they are driving you to your destination.

I can't decide if this should be a pet peeve of mine. I would prefer they give their full attention to the road. 
It's a little annoying, but ultimately I'd rather them have that conversation then trying to strike up conversations with me.  

Don't care as long as I get where I'm going

AMEN TO THIS

And spend an extra 30 seconds to actually write a readable description that includes useful information about the thing.  Give the size, the age, condition, something more than one giant run-on sentence like "X for sale runs good bought it for $2000 but will take $1200".  
Also, "everything works as it should."  

Is it physically impossible for a fast food worker to change an order once it's been entered?  Three times now I've gone to different places and given my order, and they repeat it back to me or show it on the screen and something is wrong.  No biggie, it happens, those speakers suck.  BUT, every time I immediately correct them: "no that's a diet Coke, or no I want the #5, not #9...".  Every time they say "ok I changed it". And then at the window they give me the incorrect item.  I swear next time this happens it would probably be easier to just say "wait cancel the whole order" and then start over again. 

Is it physically impossible for a fast food worker to change an order once it's been entered?  Three times now I've gone to different places and given my order, and they repeat it back to me or show it on the screen and something is wrong.  No biggie, it happens, those speakers suck.  BUT, every time I immediately correct them: "no that's a diet Coke, or no I want the #5, not #9...".  Every time they say "ok I changed it". And then at the window they give me the incorrect item.  I swear next time this happens it would probably be easier to just say "wait cancel the whole order" and then start over again. 
lazy kids who just don't care.

Many of the places around here have screens that show the order and ask you to verrify that it is now correct.  That seems to be working.

Mounting your big screen TV above your fireplace looks silly and makes for an uncomfortable viewing experience. Televisions need to be displayed at eye level.
I also just luuuuv it when the TV is shoved in the corner like a naughty child.  How do you watch it without needing a neck adjustment afterwards?

No mayo or ####ty 1000 island here as well. 50% success sounds about right, the other times its loaded with extra. I can call it every time when its wrong just by their attention span when taking the order. 

related: i do not get ff very often.  please list which ingredients are on each burger/sandwich.  don't surprise me with mayo, ketchup, mustard

Users who are viewing this thread