What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (8 Viewers)

Yes, exactly, hanging from the neck of your shirt or hanging from your shorts pocket.

And really, the whole idea of a brimmed hat is so you don't need sunglasses. That's kind of the point.   

And for the love of God NEVER reverse the sunglasses on your head and have them hang from your ears to the lower back of your neck.  Gets an instant eye roll from me every time.

I feel that putting them on my shirt stretches out the neck of the shirt.  Shorts pocket?  No.

Perfectly acceptable, IMO, to put on the hat when going from outside (need sunglasses, even if you have a hat on... come on) to inside for a brief amount of time.

Edit to add:   so you're saying that this practice peeves you?  Weird take.

Last edited by a moderator:
these are call from my mother in law,  who i don't really care for but she's almost entirely harmless.

imagine plugging in a random text generator, making it sentient and then setting it loose on society. that's kind of what we're dealing with here.
:lmao:  

Holy #### this is the funniest you’ve ever been Furley. And you’re probably describing 1/2 of our MILs. 

My one of many pet peeves with my MIL is the following. 

Woz wife: :busy doing important ####, likely doing something with the kids requiring full attention:

MIL: :Call Woz wife and no answer:

MIL: :Calls Six more times in a row like a crazy person.

MIL: Calls me. 

Me (about to go into court, busy at work, about to tee off, or with my wife doing the important): hello?

MIL: Hey how are you? 

Me: Uh good. Is everything okay? 

MIL: Yeah but do you know what [Mrs Woz] is doing? I’ve tried calling her several times but she isn’t answering. 

Me: Oh no is everything okay??

MIL: I just really need to talk to her. 

Me: okay let me see what I can do. Can I tell her what’s it’s about? 

MIL: Yeah I was going to the store later and I need to know whether she wants Kraft or Stouffers Mac and cheese for the kids when we see you next month… 

🤦‍♂️

I like the cut of your jib.

P.S. I bet it's one of your MIL's pet peeves that her daughter won't answer the phone because she's getting ... by you.
Oh trust me if I have the opportunity to answer during that event and tell my MIL I would. 

But she rarely calls during that ten second window. 

Oh trust me if I have the opportunity to answer during that event and tell my MIL I would. 

But she rarely calls during that ten second window. 
It is tough to thread that needle, so to speak. My wife feels your pain, if nothing else.

• Thanks
Reactions: Zow
I am now thanking god that Mr R doesn't wear baseball caps.

And just to be peevish, I'm a bit fed up with the mailman givng us other people's mail and vice versa.  It's so bad, we have number buddies on the next street so we can exchange mail efficiently.  Today, we got the packages for across the street, and someone else got one of ours.  Aaaarrrgghh!!

I dunno this if this is a peeve or just a rant... but man.... stuff's gettin' expensive as hell right now, not just gas.

I just dropped $18 at Taco Bell.  For myself.  Just 5 items (2 of them very small) and a drink.

I mean, they advertise for a $2 cheesy beef burrito, and it was actually $2.99 at this particular location.  WTH?

E2A:  Hell, for $20 I can probably go to a decent sit-down restaurant and have way better food.  I need to rethink my lunch options whilest at work.

My wife is a terrible texter. Checks her phone like 3 times a day. Everyone knows this. Yet when friends/family are trying to make plans they choose her as our family representative. Come on folks. In nearly every relationship there is the correct person to send a note to. Either send it to both or the person who will actually reply. 

I dunno this if this is a peeve or just a rant... but man.... stuff's gettin' expensive as hell right now, not just gas.

I just dropped $18 at Taco Bell.  For myself.  Just 5 items (2 of them very small) and a drink.

I mean, they advertise for a $2 cheesy beef burrito, and it was actually $2.99 at this particular location.  WTH?

E2A:  Hell, for $20 I can probably go to a decent sit-down restaurant and have way better food.  I need to rethink my lunch options whilest at work.
i concur!

People that just hang out with a toothpick in their mouth. 

One the db scale it has to go 

1. Face/neck tat 

2. Pit bull with balls 

3. Toothpick in mouth.

4. Popped collar 

5. Pit bull without balls. 
The first base coach of my local team is never seen without a toothpick hanging from his mouth. One day he got blasted by a line drive, went down in a heap and was helped off the field.  Even his manager noted that throughout all that the toothpick never left his mouth.

My brother, I'm going to guess that you really need to check out the Bidet thread.

I feel that putting them on my shirt stretches out the neck of the shirt.  Shorts pocket?  No.

Perfectly acceptable, IMO, to put on the hat when going from outside (need sunglasses, even if you have a hat on... come on) to inside for a brief amount of time.

Edit to add:   so you're saying that this practice peeves you?  Weird take.
Agreed, I do it all the time 

@offdee if I’m not wearing a hat can I put my sunglasses on my head when walking in a store or is that also unacceptable?

Agreed, I do it all the time 

@offdee if I’m not wearing a hat can I put my sunglasses on my head when walking in a store or is that also unacceptable?

Acceptable with No hat:

- Angled up from your ears to the top of your head

Unacceptable with No hat:

- Sunglasses perched on your head like a Miss America crown.

- Hanging from your ears down to the front of your neck or back of your neck.

these are call from my mother in law,  who i don't really care for but she's almost entirely harmless.

imagine plugging in a random text generator, making it sentient and then setting it loose on society. that's kind of what we're dealing with here.
This is why I don’t answer calls probably 50% of the time.  If you call me from an unknown number, I’m not answering.  If I’m busy working or in a meeting, I’m not answering.  If you are somebody I don’t want to talk on the phone with then I may answer depending on circumstances and the mood I’m in.  I answer every call I get from my wife and kids unless I’m in a work meeting.  If my MIL did this to me I’d probably never answer a call from her again.  Text messages can be used if there’s an emergency.

If you're 40+ years old and wearing your hat backwards,  you look ridiculous.  I'm more practical than anything else these days.  Caps help keep sun off your face (if you know how to use them), sunglasses don't get scratched on top of your hat and don't even get me started on how wonderful cargo shorts are.

And for the love of God NEVER reverse the sunglasses on your head and have them hang from your ears to the lower back of your neck.  Gets an instant eye roll from me every time.
There is a time for this, if you're surrounded by ankle biters. Ankle biters prefer to bite when your back is turned. Backwards sunglasses confuses some of them.

nirad3 said:

Probably not, food prices are up everywhere. Best bet is to make your own lunch.

For $18 one could put the ingredients together for more than one good lunch. And unlike Taco Bell you won't be spending the afternoon in the crapper.

Yeah I spent like $14 on a 6-pack of bagels, tub of cream cheese and some black forest ham for some yummy bagel sandwiches that I'll be making for some lunches.  I prefer pastrami but couldn't find any at my local Target.  

People smoking in public parks.  Always end up downwind of someone puffing away at my kids baseball game or fireworks or something 

Bulleye

"Hi! I'm a sound editor for film and TV. It's my job to turn the volume waaay down when people are talking and then crank it hard when things are exploding and clangin' around. I hope you've been enjoying my work :) "
Extra nice when a woman on tv is screaming for her life. My neighbors already think I'm a psycho, don't want to give them any more ideas.

When watching a sporting event on TV, and the camera hones in on a group of people at the game, and they all look into the camera and EVERY SINGLE GROUP YOU EVER SEE screams that high pitched

"whoooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaoooeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Users who are viewing this thread