What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (10 Viewers)

for..... 15+ years now the yard and anything related to outside the house has been my responsibility. i like the work but a little help now and then would be nice. happens very rarely. as in i've mowed the lawn and shoveled every time it has needed to be done for 15+ years except once.

i've planted gardens, replaced gardens, leveled gardens, cut down trees, uprooted bushes, etc. you name it. me.

lots of help has been promised & even committed to... but never followed up on. lots of projects have been dreamt up and even plotted out but always they are executed by me.

always there's shopping to be done, or feet that hurt, or clothes that can't get dirty... yet the work gets done.

moved in to a new house going on 2 years ago. apparently the people who lived there previously didn't keep the place up very well. we moved in and "we" immediately cleaned up the yard. many hours of labor have been poured in to re-landscaping the entire yard. none of it contracted out.

a week ago our neighbor across the street popped by to chat.. older, retired guy. everybody's buddy. offers to lend me his broadcast spreader. sure, i'll take it. we've got some re-seeding of the lawn to do  :thumbup:

he closes the conversation by shaking hands.. always.  he takes my wife's hand and says "this yard has never looked better in 20 years. you guys are doing great. everyone in the neighborhood is happy you're here"

me:  wow... th....

not me: yeah, i put a lot of hard work in to this yard! last year especially but there's a lot of work left to do!! i'm really proud of how much i've accomplished!

then later, to me, "you know that old guy was manipulating us by saying that, right? now we have to keep the yard nice!"

since then not me has mowed the lawn, planted new plants, seeded & watered the lawn. 

all these years...  following up on promises. never saying no to a plan for the yard... and barely ever a finger lifted to assist. ever.

one old guy slips a manipulative comment in at the end of a chat and suddenly i've got Johnny Appleseed at my beck and call.

remarkable

for..... 15+ years now the yard and anything related to outside the house has been my responsibility. i like the work but a little help now and then would be nice. happens very rarely. as in i've mowed the lawn and shoveled every time it has needed to be done for 15+ years except once.

i've planted gardens, replaced gardens, leveled gardens, cut down trees, uprooted bushes, etc. you name it. me.

lots of help has been promised & even committed to... but never followed up on. lots of projects have been dreamt up and even plotted out but always they are executed by me.

always there's shopping to be done, or feet that hurt, or clothes that can't get dirty... yet the work gets done.

moved in to a new house going on 2 years ago. apparently the people who lived there previously didn't keep the place up very well. we moved in and "we" immediately cleaned up the yard. many hours of labor have been poured in to re-landscaping the entire yard. none of it contracted out.

a week ago our neighbor across the street popped by to chat.. older, retired guy. everybody's buddy. offers to lend me his broadcast spreader. sure, i'll take it. we've got some re-seeding of the lawn to do  :thumbup:

he closes the conversation by shaking hands.. always.  he takes my wife's hand and says "this yard has never looked better in 20 years. you guys are doing great. everyone in the neighborhood is happy you're here"

me:  wow... th....

not me: yeah, i put a lot of hard work in to this yard! last year especially but there's a lot of work left to do!! i'm really proud of how much i've accomplished!

then later, to me, "you know that old guy was manipulating us by saying that, right? now we have to keep the yard nice!"

since then not me has mowed the lawn, planted new plants, seeded & watered the lawn. 

all these years...  following up on promises. never saying no to a plan for the yard... and barely ever a finger lifted to assist. ever.

one old guy slips a manipulative comment in at the end of a chat and suddenly i've got Johnny Appleseed at my beck and call.

remarkable
Have your neighbor tell not you what a wonderful job she's been doing pleasing you in the bedroom....

I think I've probably mentioned it twice in this thread but it's just not getting any better.  In fact, it may be getting worse.

People that watch videos without headphones on their phones in public places.  It's a freakin' epidemic, man.  People just have no sense of awareness.  Especially with cell phones.  

I'll admit; I'm fairly tethered to my phone, but I would *never* watch a video with the sound up in a public place.

If you do this, you are a turd ... plain and simple.  Stop it.

I think I've probably mentioned it twice in this thread but it's just not getting any better.  In fact, it may be getting worse.

People that watch videos without headphones on their phones in public places.  It's a freakin' epidemic, man.  People just have no sense of awareness.  Especially with cell phones.  

I'll admit; I'm fairly tethered to my phone, but I would *never* watch a video with the sound up in a public place.

It's pretty much the reason the main reason for headphones. 

On our smartphones, why isn't the?mark on the same screen as all the letters.   At least half my texts involve a ?.  ####, I just had to do it again  

You know when you want to tell somebody something so you call out their name to get their attention first?

When instead of responding with, "Yeah?" or "Yes?" or "What?" or something like that, they say your name back to you. 

That annoys me. 

You know when you want to tell somebody something so you call out their name to get their attention first?

When instead of responding with, "Yeah?" or "Yes?" or "What?" or something like that, they say your name back to you. 

That annoys me. 
That’s my go-to schtick with just about everyone.

Except with my kid. I hear her say “Daddy” to get my attention and my immediate instinct response is “What-ey?”

I'll go one better.  My wife will watch videos on her phone while I'm watching TVs.

I cannot tell you how many headphones I have bought her.

In addition to all of the above, the tinny sound coming out of most phones is awful. It would sound better to them if they used those headphones we keep buying them.

I cant believe how often i see employees doing this on their break. Target starbucks is like a phone video hell. 

Phones that don't have speakers in the front, causing me to annoy everyone else whilst I can barely hear it........................... :excited:

edit....yeah, those people do suck.  Either get headphones or go somewhere else, go in your car ya jerks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine too.....drives me nuts
I guess there's more.

If "I'm" watching something (ie, we're both in the room with the TV on, but its sports or a show she isn't really interested in) she's on her phone 100% of the time (occasionally playing videos).

If "we're" watching something (ie, she picked the show and expects me to be interested in it even though it is some ridiculous soap opera) and I pull out my phone she complains that I am on my phone and it is interrupting out quality time (never mind I have my phone on silence or head phones in).

I guess there's more.

If "I'm" watching something (ie, we're both in the room with the TV on, but its sports or a show she isn't really interested in) she's on her phone 100% of the time (occasionally playing videos).

If "we're" watching something (ie, she picked the show and expects me to be interested in it even though it is some ridiculous soap opera) and I pull out my phone she complains that I am on my phone and it is interrupting out quality time (never mind I have my phone on silence or head phones in).
This....exactly

I guess there's more.

Exactly.  She plays videos loudly but if I do during a show she's interested in she says my phone is disturbing/distracting her.  Truth is I hardly ever have my phone with me while in the living room watching TV.  She always does because our daughter constantly chats/sends her short clips to watch.  

Answer, 2 TVs in the same room, one with wireless headphones. 

Another wife one.  Wife calls asking me what we should do for dinner, when I reply "i dont know" she gets mad.

HEY!!!!  You dont know either lady!!!!!!!!!!

Answer, 2 TVs in the same room, one with wireless headphones. 

Another wife one.  Wife calls asking me what we should do for dinner, when I reply "i dont know" she gets mad.

HEY!!!!  You dont know either lady!!!!!!!!!!
I'm on a roll with the wife lately.  This reminded me of another one.

My wife does all the grocery "shopping" (she orders online and they are delivered).  She will plan out meals for the week, then order groceries.  On a good week, she will text me a list of what we are supposed to have each day of the week.  This may sound all good and well, but there are a few critical issues with her methodology:

1 - She will tell me what is for dinner, but never tell me where she got a recipe from.  Nothing is ever repeated, always something new she found.  I do all the cooking during the week, so she's done all this legwork, but I still have to ask for a link or where I can find the recipe.  No biggie, but annoying.

2 - She never looks at the schedule of what is coming up that week to plan dinners.  So she'll have some elaborate meal requiring a bunch of prep on a day both kids have baseball, so I will get started never having made this meal, only to realize too late it won't be ready before they leave.  I do all this work and they head out the door with a sandwich or pizza rolls.

3 - She will inevitably leave out some key ingredient that I scour the house for (we have to fridges, so sometimes the stuff gets split up). So after looking all over I text her and ask her if we have X and she'll say something like "no, i didn't think that was necessary and I was trying to save some calories."  Ya, like we didn't need this sour cream that is the BASE OF THE SAUCE I AM TRYING TO MAKE.  

My wife does all the grocery "shopping" (she orders online and they are delivered).  She will plan out meals for the week, then order groceries.  On a good week, she will text me a list of what we are supposed to have each day of the week.  This may sound all good and well, but there are a few critical issues with her methodology:

1 - She will tell me what is for dinner, but never tell me where she got a recipe from.  Nothing is ever repeated, always something new she found.  I do all the cooking during the week, so she's done all this legwork, but I still have to ask for a link or where I can find the recipe.  No biggie, but annoying.

2 - She never looks at the schedule of what is coming up that week to plan dinners.  So she'll have some elaborate meal requiring a bunch of prep on a day both kids have baseball, so I will get started never having made this meal, only to realize too late it won't be ready before they leave.  I do all this work and they head out the door with a sandwich or pizza rolls.

3 - She will inevitably leave out some key ingredient that I scour the house for (we have to fridges, so sometimes the stuff gets split up). So after looking all over I text her and ask her if we have X and she'll say something like "no, i didn't think that was necessary and I was trying to save some calories."  Ya, like we didn't need this sour cream that is the BASE OF THE SAUCE I AM TRYING TO MAKE.  
This sounds miserable. 

My wife does all the grocery "shopping" (she orders online and they are delivered). 
i do all the grocery shopping & cooking in our house. out of necessity.

was out a couple weeks back with the whole family in tow, popped in to the grocery store to grab a handful of things since we were nearby.

the look of amazement on my wife's face as we walked the aisles...... like she didn't realize a place existed where one could buy ready-made foods, ingredients for meals, drinks, etc. she even asked me if they had milk :mellow:  then marveled at the cost.

if i had to guess she hadn't been in a grocery store for more than a few moments in a decade.

Women in general.  

Sometimes I think it might be easier to be gay, until I think of the sex part.  What are we to do boys, what are we to do.

Another one from yesterday.  Was at grocery store and in line 4 with a couple things.  Line was about 5 deep.  I was #5.  Another cashier walked over and said "come over to line 3". It was like she sent out the bat signal or something cause two people from outta nowhere quickly scurried into line 3 with their full carts.  

Not sure if my pet peeve is with these jerk customers, or with the cashier who just throws out a random comment for all to hear rather than first just telling the people in the line next to the one she is about to open, only to have these rats scurry towards her from all corners of the store.

ghostguy123 said:
Women in general.  

Sometimes I think it might be easier to be gay, until I think of the sex part.  What are we to do boys, what are we to do.

Another one from yesterday.  Was at grocery store and in line 4 with a couple things.  Line was about 5 deep.  I was #5.  Another cashier walked over and said "come over to line 3". It was like she sent out the bat signal or something cause two people from outta nowhere quickly scurried into line 3 with their full carts.  

Not sure if my pet peeve is with these jerk customers, or with the cashier who just throws out a random comment for all to hear rather than first just telling the people in the line next to the one she is about to open, only to have these rats scurry towards her from all corners of the store.
This is a good one.  

Me: What do you want to eat for dinner tonight, honey?

Wife: I don't know, what do you want?

Me: How about Mexican?

Wife: No, I had Mexican for lunch two days ago.

Me: How about the Italian place? 

Wife: Well I was going to make spaghetti tomorrow night, so no, not there. 

Me: How about we order a pizza? 

Wife: The kids had pizza last night while you were out of town for work. 

Me: Ok so where do you want to go? 

Her: I dunno...what are you in the mood for? 

Me:  Literally anything, because my body can handle eating the same thing twice in one week which apparently is a unique skill these days...

mr. furley said:

was out a couple weeks back with the whole family in tow, popped in to the grocery store to grab a handful of things since we were nearby.

the look of amazement on my wife's face as we walked the aisles...... like she didn't realize a place existed where one could buy ready-made foods, ingredients for meals, drinks, etc. she even asked me if they had milk :mellow:  then marveled at the cost.

if i had to guess she hadn't been in a grocery store for more than a few moments in a decade.
Oh come on!

parasaurolophus said:
This sounds miserable. 
It's not every week, but definitely frequent enough to be a pet peeve.

Of course none of them annoy me enough to want to take over shopping and meal planning, so here we are.

Me: What do you want to eat for dinner tonight, honey?

Wife: I don't know, what do you want?
You could have just ended it here, the rest is just gravy on the pet peeve sandwich.  

I have read somewhere the correct move here would be to just decide and make it happen, without suggesting anything after she asks "i dont know, what do you want".  Women like take charge kind of men.  Apparently.  I dont know.  I dont know what they want.  It changes during the middle of their own sentences.

ghostguy123 said:

This is a pet peeve of my wife's and I guess I'm on board.  That being said, I was at the local Smart and Final (love this place btw) and I think I was #5 in line (only register open, mind you... and 2 people already had their items on the belt) and they opened a second register and heard the call from the cashier and there were a couple of doofuses in front of me that kinda looked around... paused... looked around again... and at least 5 good seconds went by, maybe more... and I just shrugged and said "OK I'll go...".  I only had 3 items and they had full carts so I didn't feel too bad about it.  Am I a scurrying rat?   :oldunsure:

Crumbs/sand/bowShyit stuck to the bottom of my feet.

Drives me nuts.

I’ve got hardwood floors throughout the house. 2 cats. 2 roomba’s - one on each floor.

Still ... no matter how clean the floors are, i always have little pieces of SOMETHING on my feet while walking around the house.

French!!! 

Not to mention it’s getting humid, but still not warm enough to close the windows and turn on the AC (Michigan) ... so it’s just sticky in the house all day. Which leads to more anger ... and more schit sticking  to the bottom of my feet.

whiskey helps. 

ChiefD said:
Do you savages just have one TV? 
Yes.

Bull Dozier said:

I hate your wife.

mr. furley said:

I've hated your wife for a long time now.

Am I a scurrying rat?   :oldunsure:
No.  You were actually in line and didn't bolt at first opportunity.  

However it was still stupid of them to openly announce it.  The right move is to come to the line you are in and tell those people a new register is opening.  Then you three can figure out who goes first.

Users who are viewing this thread