What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (6 Viewers)

That sucks. Sorry to you and ChiefD. Here's hoping they release you by noon. I told my folks that were working today that they weren't expected back after lunch. And we work from home.
I got to work and the lights to the office were off.  It's literally me and 3 other people here.  I'm leaving at 9 and logging on from home.  This is stupid.

Oh, this is a week late but... 70+ degree Christmas days. Total mood killer. It goes along with my other peeve, spouses that refuse to move away from the surface of the sun until the grandkids are in their teens. By the time that rolls around, I'll probably be old enough to crave the heat.
I've always wondered what Christmas was like in Australia.  Like, I assume they must have a totally different set of Christmas songs down under. 

I got to work and the lights to the office were off.  It's literally me and 3 other people here.  I'm leaving at 9 and logging on from home.  This is stupid.
I'm off but secretly monitoring my work email via my phone (wife gets pizzed if she knows I am doing it on a "day off"). That is thanks to some dooshnozzle fellow coworkers that decided at 3:30 yesterday that they needed some additional QA testing done to close out a package, a package due end of day today. In their defense, they have only had the testing data for 20 freaking days so no way they could have possibly figured this out any sooner. But here we are.

same. except it's me and one other person & she's not here for another hour or so.

and i have to be here until 5.

trade-off for being out 4 days last week :shrug:

People who ask for information on something, when a simple google search would reveal exactly what they are looking for. Especially since the person they are asking are going to google anyway to provide the answer.
Mrs Keerock.  Love her to death, but this drives me bananas.  Not limited to just Google searches either.  "What's the temp outside?"... Uh, that fancy weather app will tell you just as easily as it will tell me... or my favorite "What time is it?" (from the only person in the family who wears a watch)

Mrs Keerock.  Love her to death, but this drives me bananas.  Not limited to just Google searches either.  "What's the temp outside?"... Uh, that fancy weather app will tell you just as easily as it will tell me... or my favorite "What time is it?" (from the only person in the family who wears a watch)
Yep.

Wife will call me: How do you get to the kids practices?

Me: Why not use that device you are calling me with and plug that address into the Map function?

Yep.

Me: Why not use that device you are calling me with and plug that address into the Map function?
Yep.

Headed to my brother's house.  26 year old son is driving separately coming from work.

Mrs Keerock: "Call him and tell him how to get there"
Me: "He has the address"
Mrs Keerock: "He won't know how to get there"
Me: "He knows how to use his phone"

She doesn't get it.

ETA: He made it just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep.

Headed to my brother's house.  26 year old son is driving separately coming from work.

She doesn't get it.

too close to home...

My wife is hell bent with umbrellas :lmao:    Its drizzling - we need an umbrella, little bell has a hood plus the 10 feet outside to the car plus the other 10 feet at the destination we should manage ok....

But its dirzzling@#$@#$

But it rained 7 hours ago!@#!@#

:lol:

Yep.

Yep.

She doesn't get it.

I tend to get the inverse of this.

Me: Where do I need to go?

Pop: Well, take hwy 45 for 3 miles ...

Me: No. What address?

Mom: 2345 Dimwit Way.

Pop: ... then turn left onto 141 at the junction ...

Me: Pop, I got it. Good to go.

Pop: ... after 6 miles you will need to ...

Me: No Pop. I'm good. My phone will direct me.

Pop: ... what? Oh. You don't like that route? Well then, try going via 211. There is an old KFC on the left ...

(20 minutes later)

.... and that might be the best plan, son. But, if you want my opinion...

Me:  :wall:

Pop: ... what? Oh. You don't like that route? Well then, try going via 211. There is an old KFC on the left ...

(20 minutes later)

.... hold on son, someone's knocking on the door.

the inability to understand conversational volume.  or situational volume.

we're in an office. people are trying to think and/or talk on the phone. this isn't a rock concert. you don't need to shout loud enough to be heard over 120 decibels. i don't need to hear every word of your phone call from 30 yards away.

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE PTSD FROM LISTENING TO IT 8 HOURS A DAY!!#!$!%!%!@$!%!% JEEPERS!!

the inability to understand conversational volume.  or situational volume.

we're in an office. people are trying to think and/or talk on the phone. this isn't a rock concert. you don't need to shout loud enough to be heard over 120 decibels. i don't need to hear every word of your phone call from 30 yards away.

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE PTSD FROM LISTENING TO IT 8 HOURS A DAY!!#!$!%!%!@$!%!% JEEPERS!!
I have a loud, booming voice and I'm sure people hate me for it.  

Fireworks. 
I am so over them. 

OK I get it that it's a symbol of our freedom and fun for the kids on 4th of July, but why has it morphed into something that's done on New Years?  And living in California, we get them from 9pm (hey, it's 2020 in New York!) past midnight.  I didn't get to sleep until well after 1am the other night, slept like crap, and of course was woken up at 7 by my kids, who slept right through them.  Not to mention my poor dog who is absolutely terrified of them.  

minor gripe:

while scrolling down a page, getting a notification in the bottom right hand corner...clicking on it without an opportunity not to, routing you to the pop up away from the page you are on

More traffic gripes

In left lane, going maybe 5 over.....trying a pass a guy going the speed limit.  A dude pulls up on your butt.....So rather than speed up to pass and risk a ticket, you pull behind the slower moving guy so the guy on your butt can blow past you.

Andddd...the blow past you guy slows down and now you have to brake and you're stuck behind the slow guy.

supermike80 said:
More traffic gripes

In left lane, going maybe 5 over.....trying a pass a guy going the speed limit.  A dude pulls up on your butt.....So rather than speed up to pass and risk a ticket, you pull behind the slower moving guy so the guy on your butt can blow past you.

Andddd...the blow past you guy slows down and now you have to brake and you're stuck behind the slow guy.
Why would you need to speed up if you are already going faster than the guy? Complete the pass, then move to the right.

It's bad enough when an average-sized car is parked too far up (front of car over the line into facing spot) in a crowded parking lot, but when it's one of those little Coopers or Smart cars or the like, I can't help but feel the driver did it on purpose so that people like me think it's an open spot right up until the point I'm about to pull into it.

(20 minutes later)

.... and that might be the best plan, son. But, if you want my opinion...

Me:  :wall:
My wife takes anything Wayz tells her/us as gospel.  I mean I get it...the app is constantly giving you the “best” route...but sometimes it’s a joke.

Me  “I am NOT getting off the freeway and taking surface streets in the worst part of Los Angeles for 10 miles to save 2 minutes.”

Wife:  “I’m just telling what it says to do!”

supermike80 said:
More traffic gripes

Or the reverse...pulling up behind a car in the right lane, move over to pass and as soon as you reach his reach fender, he speeds up.  Move back behind him...then it happens again.
I could probably fill a page with driving complaints after a 12 hour drive this week.  People cant even do the simple crap right.

My wife takes anything Wayz tells her/us as gospel.  I mean I get it...the app is constantly giving you the “best” route...but sometimes it’s a joke.

Me  “I am NOT getting off the freeway and taking surface streets in the worst part of Los Angeles for 10 miles to save 2 minutes.”

Wife:  “I’m just telling what it says to do!”
I decided to ignore Waze at Disney last week Because I knew better and ended up adding 10 minutes to a 30 minute trip. Of course the entire way the wife was keeping me updated on what Waze was telling me to do AND the time I was adding. 

Waze is by far the best GPS out there in terms of giving you the accurate route, but yeah sometimes you have to weigh saving 30 seconds vs. getting off the freeway and getting right back on or making a left turn on a busy street without a stoplight.  

Waze is by far the best GPS out there in terms of giving you the accurate route, but yeah sometimes you have to weigh saving 30 seconds vs. getting off the freeway and getting right back on or making a left turn on a busy street without a stoplight.  
And like most things, it's not perfect.  

My pet peeve is when people try to tell you things work 100% all of the time just because they like the service.  Waze is a good example, but it's other things too.  Like the guy who sees my iPhone and tells me I should get a Galaxy because they are better and never have issues.  Really?  Never?  It's perfect?  Well, except for that whole catching on fire and exploding thing, I guess.

My pet peeve is when people try to tell you things work 100% all of the time just because they like the service.  Waze is a good example, but it's other things too.  Like the guy who sees my iPhone and tells me I should get a Galaxy because they are better and never have issues.  Really?  Never?  It's perfect?  Well, except for that whole catching on fire and exploding thing, I guess.
I've started using some new shtick in those situations:

"Man, I guess you're better than me."

Well saying that something is the best out there is not the same as saying it is perfect.  

But Waze has Mr. T voice navigation so it's pretty damn near perfect.  

Well saying that something is the best out there is not the same as saying it is perfect.  

But Waze has Mr. T voice navigation so it's pretty damn near perfect.  
I wasn't accusing you, GB.  Even as I wrote the above, I thought maybe I should put a disclaimer that I wasn't talking about you.  

I was just adding on to the conversation.  I was referring more to people who will not admit that the thing they love is not 100% perfect.

Waiting in a line for the bathroom at a crowded football stadium, there are always folks who decide to not wait in  line and go through the exit bypassing the line.   :hot:

Many FFA denizens would say this situation simply does not exist. In fact, I guarantee if you go back through this thread, you'll find a few posts to that effect.
Not true...in fact I posted it as a pet peeve.

One example..  airport pickup. Stop texting where you are standing, moving too etc.   I can't read that while I'm driving through the terminal to look for you

Not true...in fact I posted it as a pet peeve.

One example..  airport pickup. Stop texting where you are standing, moving too etc.   I can't read that while I'm driving through the terminal to look for you
Took me about half a second to find, in this thread:

"Yeah phone conversations are obsolete now. With mobile phones, more often than not, I'm too busy to answer the phone. Just send what you need to say in a text."

Not saying it is everyone. But it is quite a few.

I try really really hard not to text while driving.  I do a lot of driving for my job, and utilize a dashboard magnet mount for my phone for GPS/whatever. If I get a text while driving, as long as it's not a dire someone-is-bleeding emergency, I will wait until I stop to respond.  Sometimes it's at a red light, or a stop sign (if no one is waiting behind me), but I try my best not to at all. My wife is well aware of this.   

When I get ready to leave somewhere and head home, I'll shoot the wife a quick "leaving now" text, and she knows where I am and therefore about how long it'll take me to arrive.  It never fails, at some point in my drive I'll get a text: "What do you want for dinner?".  I'll call her, and we'll discuss it.  20 minutes later I get "did you give the cat it's medicine this morning?"  I'll call her and discuss it.  Then I'll get "do you want to go to the farmer's market on Saturday?  They're having a sale on yams"....you know I'm driving, quit texting me woman! 

I try really really hard not to text while driving.  I do a lot of driving for my job, and utilize a dashboard magnet mount for my phone for GPS/whatever. If I get a text while driving, as long as it's not a dire someone-is-bleeding emergency, I will wait until I stop to respond.  Sometimes it's at a red light, or a stop sign (if no one is waiting behind me), but I try my best not to at all. My wife is well aware of this.   

When I get ready to leave somewhere and head home, I'll shoot the wife a quick "leaving now" text, and she knows where I am and therefore about how long it'll take me to arrive.  It never fails, at some point in my drive I'll get a text: "What do you want for dinner?".  I'll call her, and we'll discuss it.  20 minutes later I get "did you give the cat it's medicine this morning?"  I'll call her and discuss it.  Then I'll get "do you want to go to the farmer's market on Saturday?  They're having a sale on yams"....you know I'm driving, quit texting me woman! 
Stop calling back.

One of the advantages of living here is suppose to be the winter weather. 71 degrees today. Am I out enjoying it? No. Why? Because the mountain cedar pollen is ever so slightly elevated a TWENTY-EIGHT THOUSAND. A reading of 500 is considered high. But... TWENTY-EIGHT THOUSAND. If my wife steps outside, she'd spontaneously combust. Ain't no way I'm cleaning up that mess.

One of the advantages of living here is suppose to be the winter weather. 71 degrees today. Am I out enjoying it? No. Why? Because the mountain cedar pollen is ever so slightly elevated a TWENTY-EIGHT THOUSAND. A reading of 500 is considered high. But... TWENTY-EIGHT THOUSAND. If my wife steps outside, she'd spontaneously combust. Ain't no way I'm cleaning up that mess.
Wow.  And I thought the teeny amount of cedar here in Houston was bad.

And the weather is glorious.

Wow.  And I thought the teeny amount of cedar here in Houston was bad.

And the weather is glorious.
I just went out and just stood outside a bit to enjoy the nice weather and clear skies. It's a shame we can't take advantage of it. A rainy day would do wonders to knock it down. But we are mired in this drought that has us not seeing an inch of rain since October. So all the conditions are in place to keep the pollen count miserable.

If you want to end it, and if you have an iphone, enable "do not disturb while driving".  Wife will get an auto response saying you will get back to her when you wont be distracted.  Not sure on android, but Im sure they have something similar.  Works pretty well for me.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208090

Users who are viewing this thread