What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Martavis Bryant (2 Viewers)

Michael Gehlken‏Verified account @GehlkenNFL Jul 27

Raiders official: WR Martavis Bryant has “been compliant since he’s gotten here. That’s all we can ask for.“

Concern in spring stemmed from before arrival. Club been told nothing from league. Bryant passed camp physical. Team plans to have him in 2018 unless told otherwise.

Michael Gehlken‏Verified account @GehlkenNFL Jul 27

Raiders official: WR Martavis Bryant has “been compliant since he’s gotten here. That’s all we can ask for.“

Concern in spring stemmed from before arrival. Club been told nothing from league. Bryant passed camp physical. Team plans to have him in 2018 unless told otherwise.
By the way, this tweet is from the reporter that reported the Bryant rumor in the first place. Which was reported by no one else since.  

According to Scott Bair of NBC Sports Bay Area, Martavis Bryant has been "locked to the second unit" throughout training camp.

He's drawn criticism early on in camp while reportedly struggling with Jon Gruden's playbook. However, Bryant made the most of his 11-on-11 work during Wednesday's practice, impressing with a pair of long touchdowns and a big gain off a tipped pass. "Martavis is not a good talent, he’s a great talent," said Gruden, who had previously been critical of Bryant's performance. "Today showed I think what he’s capable of doing. We have big plans for him." A distant third to Amari Cooper and Jordy Nelson on the team's receiving depth chart, Bryant is little more than a late-round flyer in fantasy.

Source: NBC Sports Bay Area 

Aug 10 - 1:33 PM

Dan Graziano‏ @DanGrazianoESPN 25m25 minutes ago

Source: As of the 4pm ET deadline, the Raiders were planning to release WR Martavis Bryant, who has a pending appeal of a drug suspension by the NFL. Raiders moves not yet officially announced.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports the Raiders fear imminent league discipline for Martavis Bryant.

Per the Review-Journal's Michael Gehlken, Bryant's imminent discipline is believed to pertain to the NFL's substance-abuse policy. Bryant, of course, missed all of 2016 due to substance-abuse-policy violations. Gehlken confirms any further substance-abuse infraction could cost Bryant another year, or longer. With ex-broadcaster Jon Gruden replacing Reggie McKenzie at the Raiders' personnel controls, Oakland dealt the No. 79 overall pick for Bryant in late April.
Hmmm...this was dismissed as an unsubstantiated rumor by Gehlken at the time, but maybe he knew something after all...

Pretty much threw his life away. Seriously with that kinda talent, how can one be that freakin dumb? He'll be 27 next year and no one is gonna pay him above the vet min.

Is this guy done or could he come back? Hate to cut him and watch him blow up for someone else.
I don't think anyone has come back from a second indefinite suspension. Your best case is that he comes back next year but chances are he doesn't play in the NFL again. It is not impossible but the odds are very much against his return. Cut him. 

I mean, technically we haven't seen a suspension yet. If the NFL comes out and says no suspension, and then Bryant signs with the Pats, it could be ridiculous. I mean, the odds are very slim, but until his suspension is official I'm not cutting him. 

I wanted no part of him when I saw him drinking on Instagram after his one year suspension and his behavior in Pittsburg after they stood by him.

Yes, you can cut MB and sleep well at nite. Is Hill really the best option available on the waivers?

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, technically we haven't seen a suspension yet. If the NFL comes out and says no suspension, and then Bryant signs with the Pats, it could be ridiculous. I mean, the odds are very slim, but until his suspension is official I'm not cutting him. 
I mean, technically I could win the lotto tomorrow. I buy tickets once in a while, and then if my numbers come in, it could be ridiculous. I mean, the odds are very slim, but I guess I can go ahead and buy that McLaren 720S I have been checking out online. 

Looks like he's (visiting the team and may be) heading back to the Raiders. Anything to see here for waivers tonight?

Rotoworld:

Martavis Bryant - WR -  Raiders

Raiders re-signed Martavis Bryant to a one-year contract.

Tom Pelissero was first to report the Raiders closing in on a new deal for Bryant. It's an unexpected chain of events as Bryant is still facing a possible year-long suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Derek Carr did complete only five passes to receivers (out of 42 drop backs) in the Raiders' Week 1 loss to the Rams, so it's possible coach Jon Gruden wanted to add speed to the field by any means necessary. Bryant, who was cut by the Raiders only 10 days go, is expected to suit up and play Sunday.

Source: Dan Graziano on Twitter 

Sep 11 - 6:34 PM

Or maybe they have reason to believe he's not ultimately going to be suspended and the non-guaranteed contract is worth the risk that he is.
A lot of the early talk about his recent "incident" was that he didn't fail a test or anything bad, that it may have been more of a clerical error.  But who freaking knows now?  Not that we knew before.  Sure is weird, would seem like a suspension would have been handed down by now.

After how bleh the Oakland WRs looked Monday and Gruden putting Amari Cooper on blast today... if he isn't disciplined Brynt could belooking at a decent role.

EDIT: Actually he's expected to play Sunday.

After how bleh the Oakland WRs looked Monday and Gruden putting Amari Cooper on blast today... if he isn't disciplined Brynt could belooking at a decent role.

EDIT: Actually he's expected to play Sunday.
Bryant should be the WR1 for the Raiders.   He doesn't have much competition.   Of course, there is the Carr problem in Oakland.  

Users who are viewing this thread