What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question for @Joe Bryant (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Is there a feature that you can use to ignore threads where they don't display on the front page? That way more content that's already rolled off the first page may now appear on the first page once I got rid of the threads I'm not interested in. Would that be a good feature to add?

@Joe Bryant

Last edited:
It's kind of like listening to the "Radio" on Spotify. On the one hand I want to listen to only the music that I care about and not skip over stuff I don't wanna hear. On the other hand I want to hear something different and something new sometimes, so it's worth it to let the random music play sometimes, especially when driving or at the office. To each their own I guess.

Since you took the time to read that, there is a workaround though not on the Home page. You'll have to hunt for these links if you're on mobile only, I don't use the site on mobile. Starting from the top of the main page:

What's new --> New Posts (second option) --> Filters (right side of the screen) --> check Watched Content + Threads in which you've participated + Save as default
You'll have to "watch" and "unwatch" threads to control this, but this at least eliminates threads you don't care about if you just wanna skim through your topics quickly.
Bookmark this page and on desktop anyway you can go straight to that list as the home page.

It's kind of like listening to the "Radio" on Spotify. On the one hand I want to listen to only the music that I care about and not skip over stuff I don't wanna hear. On the other hand I want to hear something different and something new sometimes, so it's worth it to let the random music play sometimes, especially when driving or at the office. To each their own I guess.

Since you took the time to read that, there is a workaround though not on the Home page. You'll have to hunt for these links if you're on mobile only, I don't use the site on mobile. Starting from the top of the main page:

What's new --> New Posts (second option) --> Filters (right side of the screen) --> check Watched Content + Threads in which you've participated + Save as default
You'll have to "watch" and "unwatch" threads to control this, but this at least eliminates threads you don't care about if you just wanna skim through your topics quickly.
Bookmark this page and on desktop anyway you can go straight to that list as the home page.
I would want to see every thread initially, but then choose the ones I want to ignore. That way more content that's already rolled off the first page may now appear on the first page once I got rid of the threads I'm not interested in.

I think it would be a simple programming change. After the feature is added to the UI do the following:

ignoreThread = False

for line in thread_file:
....result = line.split()
....thread_title = result[0]
....thread_status = result[1]
....if ithread_status = "1":
........ignoreThread = True
....else:
........ignoreThread = False

....if IgnoreThread == False:
........execute_display_on_screen(thread_title)

Then the program would continue to display as it always does, except bypassing threads set to ignore. Thus giving the possibility of displaying threads that have fallen off the first page.

Last edited:
Is there a feature that you can use to ignore threads where they don't display on the front page? That way more content that's already rolled off the first page may now appear on the first page once I got rid of the threads I'm not interested in. Would that be a good feature to add?

@Joe Bryant

Not sure. The forum functions are completely controlled by the forum software we use by Xenforo. If they offer it, we can look there.

Xenforo said they do not offer this ability. There is a 3rd party piece of software that might be possible and we'll take a look but it's not likely I'd say. I'm always leery of adding something non native into the mix on something as critical and finicky as message board forum software.

Xenforo said they do not offer this ability. There is a 3rd party piece of software that might be possible and we'll take a look but it's not likely I'd say. I'm always leery of adding something non native into the mix on something as critical and finicky as message board forum software.
Thanks for the update Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread