What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rectify on Sundance Channel (1 Viewer)

finished s2. great stuff. this show kind of x'ed me up a bit. could never watch the episodes back to back, but couldn't wait to get back to it.

So I've four episodes from season 4 saved up. Just watched the premiere. Wow. Amazing show. So intense.

Fantastic.

So I've four episodes from season 4 saved up. Just watched the premiere. Wow. Amazing show. So intense.

Fantastic.
It goes into a VERY slow burn for a bit.. But last weeks show had some pretty good moments and has some intriguing story lines going. :popcorn:

Jesus. This week's may have the most devastating single episode of TV I've ever seen and I couldn't even tell you why. 

Jesus. This week's may have the most devastating single episode of TV I've ever seen and I couldn't even tell you why. 
:oldunsure: Just watched and was waiting for the "devastating" moment and nothing hit me.. unless.

The fact it looks like Teddy and Ted are about to both get divorced?

I can't pinpoint an event from this episode, specifically. I'm pretty sick right now, which may also play into it.

It's just like... I dunno - it just caught me as really tragic. I didn't realize until the credits rolled that I had been tensed up the entire episode. 

I can't pinpoint an event from this episode, specifically. I'm pretty sick right now, which may also play into it.

It's just like... I dunno - it just caught me as really tragic. I didn't realize until the credits rolled that I had been tensed up the entire episode. 
One relationship ending, another one up in the air, and a new one possibly beginning.

The scene with Ted Jr and Tawney was devastating

The scenes with Janet and Ted in the car and his quiet resentment....just a lot of repressed unspoken anger

Daniel blowing up at Manny...then the touching scene of the housemates really backing Daniel

Daniel talking about being abused in prison....helps to understand his rage with Manny and why he coffee-cracked Ted Jr.

Chloe's line " I can't save you"

Just pure quiet tension with such raw emotion bubbling so intensely beneath the surface

Just pure quiet tension with such raw emotion bubbling so intensely beneath the surface
I think this is close to it, at least for me. It's like being torqued up, but so slowly I don't realize it's happening. There aren't any releases, you know? No Red Wedding or Ozymandias (as awful as they were). It's not what's actually being said by the characters; it's what they are NOT saying - the "words between the words", I guess.

One more episode left.

If my math is correct, there will only be 30 episodes in total when all is said & done. I hope that is a short-enough commitment that people will watch this show.

This past episode felt like a series finale to me for many of the main characters - Teddy, Ted, Janet, Amantha, Tawny, new-sorta-main-character-Chloe. Wouldn't shock me a bit to see none of them next week. In fact, I would be fine with it if THIS had been the finale. I do not expect a neat bow tying everything up next week with a "Teddy went on to be a US Senator; Tawny became the WNBA's all-time leading scorer" montage during the closing credits.

Still about an episode behind, but man, Daniel and his mama is always some of the best TV there ever was. Daniel telling her about his lady friend was really hilarious (and heartwarming, of course).

I binged this on Netflix and then caught up on the final season through the AMC App.  To me, this is one of the most powerful series with some of the better performances I have watched since The Wire.  I may be a bit hyperbolic with those statements but I cared about every character in this series sometimes over and above Daniel.

Users who are viewing this thread