What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (4 Viewers)

Good OL and will get first crack at starting, they must have someone really close to signing through so Im curious who the other RB will be, sky is the limit for crow right now but keep in mind its mccown throwing passes to hartline which scares no one, the browns will be facing madden-like punt block defenses with 11 men in the box half the time.

Totally.

Any negative stuff we read about Crowell is clearly a ploy by the savvy Browns coaching staff to motivate the only RB that matters to the team.

Meantime, all negative stuff we read about Terrence West was totally, completely true.
How ya doing. LOL.

All things considered, wouldn't Ray Rice be the back to own in CLE if signed? The browns don't seem to believe in crow and duke is injury prone already. Rice has a history with the OC, right?
I don't think so. Rice has been out of football since 9/8/14. Not only did he miss the 2014 season, he missed the 2015 offseason, training camp, and preseason. And in 2013, he averaged 3.1 ypc, 5.5 ypr, and had 4 TDs in 15 games. :X

If Cleveland signs him, he will come in well behind the other players, and who knows how long it will take him to get into football shape.

IMO it is actually a better sign for Crowell if the team signs Rice than if it signs Jonas Gray or even Ball.
Rice would be there #1 back the week after he signs.

All things considered, wouldn't Ray Rice be the back to own in CLE if signed? The browns don't seem to believe in crow and duke is injury prone already. Rice has a history with the OC, right?
I don't think so. Rice has been out of football since 9/8/14. Not only did he miss the 2014 season, he missed the 2015 offseason, training camp, and preseason. And in 2013, he averaged 3.1 ypc, 5.5 ypr, and had 4 TDs in 15 games. :X

If Cleveland signs him, he will come in well behind the other players, and who knows how long it will take him to get into football shape.

IMO it is actually a better sign for Crowell if the team signs Rice than if it signs Jonas Gray or even Ball.
Rice would be there #1 back the week after he signs.
Are there indication Rice is going to sign there?

Feels like a rice signing is eminent as the brown's owner has publicly professed he deserves a second chance. Rice has ties to the OC and I feel they've been jockeying for this position the entire offseason. Makes complete sense especially since Cleveland has only 2 rbs rostered. I don't know that rice comes right in and takes the job but if crow stumbles out if the gate against the jets, the transition will occur quickly. Rice should already know the offensive scheme and terminology so its only a matter of getting back in game shape. All just speculation I suppose, but as a crow owner I'm a little concerned, or paranoid.

Feels like a rice signing is eminent as the brown's owner has publicly professed he deserves a second chance. Rice has ties to the OC and I feel they've been jockeying for this position the entire offseason. Makes complete sense especially since Cleveland has only 2 rbs rostered. I don't know that rice comes right in and takes the job but if crow stumbles out if the gate against the jets, the transition will occur quickly. Rice should already know the offensive scheme and terminology so its only a matter of getting back in game shape. All just speculation I suppose, but as a crow owner I'm a little concerned, or paranoid.
Yeah, plus Pettine stated that the team discussed signing Rice. I remember Rice running like a fat kid in a raincoat in 13 but he looked much better during the preseason leading up to 14. It's true that a lot of it would come down to conditioning but only if he's not the same dude we saw in 13.

duke has a long history of concussions already and may end up even less available for the browns than cameron was last year.

browns will be browns and bring in monte ball or some #### and try to make Crowell "compete" with the stiff, but basically crow has been a windfall rb2 all season for anyone willing to trust in talent.

as long as it's not malcom brown they bring in the time for pretending crow isn't a stud is over
Duke had one concussion at Miami, sorry wouldn't classify that as a "long history" by any stretch of the imagination.
people who are close to the miami program will confirm they often refuse to acknowledge concussions and just list it as something else. it's entirely feasible that this is his fifth or even sixth.

i like duke as a talent, but even if he manages to stay on the field it's more a hill-gio situation which really only caps crows upside.

that said he's a jordan reed level risk and a firm DND for me

duke has a long history of concussions already and may end up even less available for the browns than cameron was last year.

browns will be browns and bring in monte ball or some #### and try to make Crowell "compete" with the stiff, but basically crow has been a windfall rb2 all season for anyone willing to trust in talent.

as long as it's not malcom brown they bring in the time for pretending crow isn't a stud is over
Duke had one concussion at Miami, sorry wouldn't classify that as a "long history" by any stretch of the imagination.
people who are close to the miami program will confirm they often refuse to acknowledge concussions and just list it as something else. it's entirely feasible that this is his fifth or even sixth.

i like duke as a talent, but even if he manages to stay on the field it's more a hill-gio situation which really only caps crows upside.

that said he's a jordan reed level risk and a firm DND for me
Huh?

Jordan Reed level risk? He had one broken ankle in college and he gets labeled "Jordan Reed" ?

He had one concussion in college.

He had a head start, but only 28 pages to catch the C Michael thread.

I owned Crowell last year in redraft, took a flyer on him this year as my RB4 even though the OTA reports had Duke ahead of him. Liked what I saw in 2014 (when he wasn't dropping pitches), but those coaches don't seem to believe in him. Always looking at someone else.

Reminds me a bit of Chris Ivory in that he looks so dang good when he gets a chance, but he might have to go somewhere else to become the feature back. If you go back and look at tape of Ivory his rookie year (2010), or dig up old threads, there were a lot of us who thought "talent is going to win out. This guy could be the next Arian Foster." Never happened.

He had a head start, but only 28 pages to catch the C Michael thread.

I owned Crowell last year in redraft, took a flyer on him this year as my RB4 even though the OTA reports had Duke ahead of him. Liked what I saw in 2014 (when he wasn't dropping pitches), but those coaches don't seem to believe in him. Always looking at someone else.

Reminds me a bit of Chris Ivory in that he looks so dang good when he gets a chance, but he might have to go somewhere else to become the feature back. If you go back and look at tape of Ivory his rookie year (2010), or dig up old threads, there were a lot of us who thought "talent is going to win out. This guy could be the next Arian Foster." Never happened.
Ivory/Crow have similar measurables/running styles/skill sets. I have to imagine if Ivory is being touted as a solid RB2 this year, in a system that doesn't run as much as CLE, Crow can get the same treatment. It really all comes down to who CLE signs and whether or not he's JAG or someone who can legitimately challenge Crow for carries.

Johnson is absolutely no threat to become the #1 RB. He's too small and he has a mush mellon for a head. He can't take the pounding that a starting NFL RB needs to be able to absorb. He was another wasted pick by the Browns.

Johnson is absolutely no threat to become the #1 RB. He's too small and he has a mush mellon for a head. He can't take the pounding that a starting NFL RB needs to be able to absorb. He was another wasted pick by the Browns.
Kill the head and the body will die!

Well, I wish you would have posted that before Saturday morning. I ended up drafting Johnson.

If my team tanks this year I'm blaming you.

Maybe the rice talk will die down now that moeller has been suspended. He was the ol coach probably most vocal about signing rice.

Maybe the rice talk will die down now that moeller has been suspended. He was the ol coach probably most vocal about signing rice.
Who are the realistic candidates at this point? I'm actually super surprised we haven't at least heard of free agents working out for CLE yet. We've heard of Gray in TEN and Ball in ATL but nothing for CLE.Maybe Bradshaw or PT although I haven't heard any news regarding them recently.

While most of the country was enjoying a well-earned day off in the summer sun, the Cleveland Browns went to work Monday in preparation for the 2015 season opener against the New York Jets. Week 1 also means you, the reader, need to start preparing, too. Here are the five newsy items from practice and the locker room to know.

1) Browns offensive line energized for RB Isaiah Crowell to carry the load.

When Terrance West was traded Sunday, it didn’t exactly rock the boat inside the Cleveland Browns locker room. Pettine said the trade occurred not because of one episode, but a series of well-documented instances. And there happened to be another second-year back who has continually earned the respect of veterans and the coaching staff.

Emerging from the summer is Isaiah Crowell, and the buzz is real about this being his big break. Crowell was never used as a workhorse during his rookie season, averaging 9.2 carries in 16 games, and 17 carries in a game remains his career-high. The Pro Bowlers up front aren’t quelling their enthusiasm for some clarity at the position, either. “Crowell’s looked good all camp,” center Alex Mack said from the locker room Monday. “When he runs the ball, he runs it well. I think we’re going to have a good attack.”

Joe Thomas has been open and honest with the media for several years now, even joking he didn’t know which players the Browns cut the other day. Thomas reiterated Mack’s optimism about Crowell and expanded further on the less proven backups – Duke Johnson Jr. and Shaun Draughn, both of whom could see extensive action in September. “I think we are really comfortable with who we have,” Thomas said.
Also this on Duke..

However, rookie running back Duke Johnson Jr. still remains in concussion protocol after suffering the head injury nine days ago in Tampa Bay. It was peculiar seeing Isaiah Crowell and Shaun Draughn as the team’s only running backs participating in drills. While Pettine said there is no doubt about the ability of Cleveland’s running backs, it was also a reminder that the roster is still fluid and moves could still be made.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to make an offer for Crowell but I feel now is not the time. Seems like anyone who has him is going to value him a ton.

Anybody have any expectations for week 1 if he is the bell cow?
70-85 yards. Hope for the end zone.
I would say, give or take 15 yards, that is his weekly projection untill something changes.
Seems fair although I am excited to see what he can do with near 20 touches behind that line. In the 5 weeks that Mack was healthy, Crow averaged 10PPG even though he only averaged 9 touches per game. That strikes me as insane. If he could lead with that kind of momentum again this year..

This may make me sound like an ####### but the coach getting suspended for domestic abuse (and that is domestic abuse regardless of if it was her house) is good for Crow. All this talk of ray rice stops dead with this suspension. I can't see them being so stupid that they would bring rice in with that going on. Any thoughts?

This may make me sound like an ####### but the coach getting suspended for domestic abuse (and that is domestic abuse regardless of if it was her house) is good for Crow. All this talk of ray rice stops dead with this suspension. I can't see them being so stupid that they would bring rice in with that going on. Any thoughts?
maybe. i don't think Rice will be signed regardless though.

Starting with little confidence going against that D. What a tough draw for his first week as the undisputed #1 RB.
Undisputed #1..... :lmao:
i think he means for week 1. isn't duke hurt?
Yep. :lmao: at the rookie poster.
I was specifically talking about just week 1 expectations.

Starting with little confidence going against that D. What a tough draw for his first week as the undisputed #1 RB.
Isiah Crowell = Christine Michael
600/8 =/= 250/0

600/8 =/= 250/0
Marshawn Lynch doesn't play for the Browns.

You might as well just announce that you are a Duke owner

You might as well just announce that you are a Duke owner
I have very little invested in Duke. I have watched the Browns situation for 2 years and Crowell has shown very little. If Duke can shake his cobwebs the job is his.

Youve watched the Browns situation?

That's nice. Ive been watching the Browns. Period. And my stance has never changed

Crow is the best RB on the team, and the best RB for the team.

Just needs to hold on to the ball

Youve watched the Browns situation?

That's nice. Ive been watching the Browns. Period. And my stance has never changed

Crow is the best RB on the team, and the best RB for the team.

Just needs to hold on to the ball
I think he's just a little bit of an idiot. No offense.

Except one is a starter and the other won't even be active week 1 and is last on the depth chart?

Good call.

The Duke expectations are way out of control. Dont get me wrong, I think he is good in a concussion-waiting-to-happen, smallish, scat back, change of pace kind of way!

Users who are viewing this thread