What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Amari Cooper, CLE (7 Viewers)

He’ll likely continue to be inconsistent and Cook is a bona fide target stealer.

But Raiders can move the chains against even the most solid Ds, and given the sucktitude of their own defense, Carr will be throwing from behind a lot more this year.

Volume and opportunity is there, if Coop can continue to execute. 

This. He'll have higher standard deviation than most WRs. I'm gonna just roll with him every week and eat the donuts. 
I need to follow your lead.  Of course I had him on my bench yesterday after his horrible game against MIA.  Your thought process is sound though.  There is potential for 100 yards and a TD every game.  Need to learn to live with the bad to collect on the big games. 

He’s automatic flex for me from now on since drake ajayi Miller ALL SUCK.   Pulling for you though Jay.  There’s still hope there.  

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s the Trey Burton of wr’s situationally. He is always open but the qb sucks. No reason for this guy to get 3-5 targets on his fantasy dud days. When he gets targeted, he produces. Hey Gruden/Carr, if you want to score, throw him the damm ball. It won’t shock me if he produces another dud game next week because the coaching/qb sucks the life out of him.

I need to follow your lead.  Of course I had him on my bench yesterday after his horrible game against MIA.  Your thought process is sound though.  There is potential for 100 yards and a TD every game.  Need to learn to live with the bad to collect on the big games. 
Yup. It's not like he's some unknown you are throwing in every week waiting for the one big breakout week that is "right around the corner." We know he is capable of it.

So you just have to keep him in there every week to reap the benefits end of season. Because if you try to time the market, he could end up WR16 when it is all said and done, but it'll be a crazy fluctuation of weeks where he is WR5 WR45 WR20 WR2 WR70 WR13 WR33 etc. and if you just guess and pull him in and out of your lineup you could have him in for WR20 WR45 WR70 weeks so you end up with a WR50 instead of WR16. 

He’ll likely continue to be inconsistent and Cook is a bona fide target stealer.

But Raiders can move the chains against even the most solid Ds, and given the sucktitude of their own defense, Carr will be throwing from behind a lot more this year.

Volume and opportunity is there, if Coop can continue to execute. 
I agree, fellow Raider Nation member.  

Amari is going to be maddeningly inconsistent; a few highs followed by some lows. 

And never thought I'd say this, but Jared Cook is for real in 2018.  His numbers would be more amazing had he not gotten tackled twice on the 1-yard line in Week 3, LOL.   Took him in the 17th round of my 12-teamer.     

Carr was hot at him for turning the wrong way in the EZ late in the game. There's definite trust issues there which is why he's not getting the ball more. If they ever get on the same page though...

1 target 1 catch. alternating between great and abysmal each week this season... so next week is a near lock for 10-130

Carr is one of the worst starting qb’s, he’s a joke. The only qb so dimwitted he throws to his best wr one time. Literally, one of the dumbest qb’s in recent memory, this is unreal and the play calling is reprehensible. Raiders will need to draft a qb. I think Cooper may have a nice 2nd half run in him but I see a tank job happening and a lot of disinterest in trying to rectify the offense. 

I think Cooper may have a nice 2nd half run in him
This is what's keeping him on my roster for now. Starting Week 13: KC, PIT, @CIN, DEN, @KC.

At this pace, Raiders will be long out of it and maybe they just starting playing looser.  I hope so, because there are huge points to be had

Raiders hit new low

Probably can't read whole link above unless you pay(I'd pay and I'm a cheapskate)

Cooper didn’t think it was cute that he had one reception on one target for 10 yards. He will never complain but said there were times Sunday where he came back and told Gruden and Carr that he was open on previous plays.

Gruden had said when he took the job that he wanted Cooper to be the “centerpiece” of the offense. He now has three games out of five with less than 20 yards receiving.

One target? What gives?

“He wasn’t only targeted one time, we called his number,” Gruden said. “Just because he isn’t targeted doesn’t mean we aren’t trying. He was the primary several times today. Sometimes the opposition tries to take away some guys and you have to go other places.”

Cooper acknowledges that defenses have done that, but “I didn’t feel like that was the case today.” He said it was frustrating to only see one ball “because you feel like you can do more to help your team.”

Yeah you could tell Coopers body language on each drive...that he knew the play called wasnt going his way and that Carr has tunnel vision ...

Raiders look old and slow ... they need a better running game ...not hating on Lynch.... but someone that can take it to the house and make the D honest would help

“He wasn’t only targeted one time, we called his number,” Gruden said. “Just because he isn’t targeted doesn’t mean we aren’t trying. He was the primary several times today. Sometimes the opposition tries to take away some guys and you have to go other places.
Oakland would have been better off flushing $100MM down the toilet than giving it to Gruden to coach/run the team.

Next week, Cooper will have 110 and 2 TDs. He's gotta have that rest week in between good games. 

Also, is there any hope that Cooper will get off this team any time soon? He's only 24, and honestly if he could go to a team with a mildly decent QB I think he could thrive. Or, imagine him in Indy. My mouth just watered, literally. 

Also, is there any hope that Cooper will get off this team any time soon?
They picked up his option for 2019 which I think is a little over $8M and even though they ignore him every other week I don't think they will balk at paying him that. But my guess is that will be end of his Raider tenure, unless someone moves up the timeline and swings a trade for him.

Anyone considering dropping him? Strongly considering it.

I'm in an injury rut with Fournette, Dalvin Cook and TY Hilton with no IR spots in this league. 

I traded for him. Think he got most of his bad weeks over with on a someone else's team. He's starting over Crabtree and Cobb on my team, so if he still stinks I have a few volume receivers to go to. Guy is a homerun hitter, think he's the kind of guy that will stand out in a London game.

I can live with either 100 yards or a dud from my FLEX spot.

I read the Raiders plan to fly from the west coast to London on Thursday night.  A day later than most teams. Not sure what to expect in this one, but that isn't a whole lot of time to get acclimated to the time zone change.

I read the Raiders plan to fly from the west coast to London on Thursday night.  A day later than most teams. Not sure what to expect in this one, but that isn't a whole lot of time to get acclimated to the time zone change.
Does it really matter?  There is nothing the currentbRaiders can do to actually be good.  Lack of talent on the field and disconnected coach equals plenty of losses.  

Next week, Cooper will have 110 and 2 TDs. He's gotta have that rest week in between good games. 

Also, is there any hope that Cooper will get off this team any time soon? He's only 24, and honestly if he could go to a team with a mildly decent QB I think he could thrive. Or, imagine him in Indy. My mouth just watered, literally. 

They picked up his option for 2019 which I think is a little over $8M and even though they ignore him every other week I don't think they will balk at paying him that. But my guess is that will be end of his Raider tenure, unless someone moves up the timeline and swings a trade for him.
As a top 10 WR his 5th year should be around $13M I think.  It wouldn't be shocking to see them not retain him.

So who has the stones/is forced to start him?

I am trotting him out against all logic and will over Baldwin. 

Not a pretty choice.

While I do think there is something around WRs who complain about not getting the ball are then targeted tons in the next game, which bodes in Baldwin's favor in PPR. Our secondary is middling at best but did a good job against Rivers & Co's passing game, surprisingly.

SEA's secondary is depleted without Earl Thomas roaming around. That said, McDougald is fairly talented, and Bobby Wagner can certainly cover the slot well, where Cooper has been leveraged a lot this year (aside from last week).

Cooper has a squeaky wheel thing himself, though he was less vocal about it -- how do we feel about Flowers and Griffin as CBs? 

So who has the stones/is forced to start him?

I am trotting him out against all logic and will over Baldwin. 

Not a pretty choice.

While I do think there is something around WRs who complain about not getting the ball are then targeted tons in the next game, which bodes in Baldwin's favor in PPR. Our secondary is middling at best but did a good job against Rivers & Co's passing game, surprisingly.

SEA's secondary is depleted without Earl Thomas roaming around. That said, McDougald is fairly talented, and Bobby Wagner can certainly cover the slot well, where Cooper has been leveraged a lot this year (aside from last week).

Cooper has a squeaky wheel thing himself, though he was less vocal about it -- how do we feel about Flowers and Griffin as CBs? 
I am forced to start him this week with Golladay on a bye.  Carr is putting up decent numbers and the Raiders "WR1" should be a WR2 in FF at least.  Instead, Cooper could throw up a 1 catch stat line and it would not be surprising.  That is so bazaar to me but I will bash Gruden and Carr in the Raiders thread.    

I was planning on starting him in a lot of places and with confidence but then read the weather was not looking good. Lot's of rain, natural grass field. Amari does not seem like a mudder. Back to mulling it over in various places now.

Slippery fields are tougher on DBs.  WR knows where he's cutting to and DB has to react.  Now wind and rain is different.

Doesn't everyone think the Raider game plan this week is going to be to run Marshawn, run Marshawn and then run Marshawn some more?

Although since that is the likely expectation I completely understand believing Gruden will #### that up too.

Well, this year it's literally been "Odd week = bad", "Even week = awesome". Where that leaves us after the bye, I dont know, but the numerology says start him in Week 6!

I was planning on starting him in a lot of places and with confidence but then read the weather was not looking good. Lot's of rain, natural grass field. Amari does not seem like a mudder. Back to mulling it over in various places now.
What? His father was a mudder! His mother was a mudder!

I don't know what his overall history is in different types of weather. @SCT (my inverted acronym'ed brutha from another mutha!) is also correct that inclement weather tends to favor the offense who know what routes they are running, as opposed to DBs who don't and need to react on slippery fields.

As far as Cooper, though, I do distinctly remember this game against the Chiefs where we lost after 3 straight wins and before another 6 straight wins in that magical season that seems like a pipe dream.

Cooper went 129 yards for his third 100+ yard game out of the first 6 of the season.

Hoping he catches some of that magic again this weekend.

I don't think there's any pattern or logic to when Cooper has his big/startable games.  
exactly why in my start 3wr ten teamer... i'm just going to leave him in there unless he has a prolonged slump. i'll just live with the ups and downs and hope for the best. no point trying to trade him

I'm actually going to the game and here is the forecast for Sunday:

58°HI

Periods of rain in the morning; otherwise, clouds giving way to sun; cooler

Last rain is at 1pm here and The field at Wembley will drain well by kick-off at 6pm. 

I'm starting him as I have some bye issues.....and I'm a Hawks fan....Yea I need to keep any good days by him to myself in the stands!!

Users who are viewing this thread