What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LeGarrette Blount---the perfect RB for Indy? (1 Viewer)

tunamelt warrior

Footballguy
Think about it. T-Rich sucks, and Blount can pound the ball in the red zone like nobody's business. A match made in heaven? I'm thinking yes...waiver wire gem!

The problem is he can't catch. IND really liked running those stupid little flat routes with Bradshaw in the RZ where he seemingly cashed in on a TD every time. I think being able to catch is important for a RB who plays on a team that attempts ~44 passes per game. Say what you want about TRich (he does suck) but he can catch.

The problem is he can't catch. IND really liked running those stupid little flat routes with Bradshaw in the RZ where he seemingly cashed in on a TD every time. I think being able to catch is important for a RB who plays on a team that attempts ~44 passes per game. Say what you want about TRich (he does suck) but he can catch.
What is this thing about running backs that "can't catch?" Is it the route? Or is it the hands? Don't forget, Bradshaw, in the past three games, had a key on him, from my own observation. Every time he ran out in the flat, a linebacker was there.

Blount is good in the redzone?

I don't know if you're referring to goal line/short yardage, but if so, please do some research. He is bad....like, historically bad, in short yardage situations. To the point where it makes no sense that teams keep feeding him these carries.

Yes, he's big...but he's a finesse runner.

If the Colts want to pound the ball, this is the perfect chance. No more Luck getting killed trying to run it in from the 5 yard line... Blount is a character risk, that's for sure, but think of the possibilities. Blount can be the red zone RB, and also the clock-killer when the Colts are nursing a lead. I don't think they need receiving skills for this role. Am I missing something?

I don't know if you're referring to goal line/short yardage, but if so, please do some research. He is bad....like, historically bad, in short yardage situations. To the point where it makes no sense that teams keep feeding him these carries.

I'm not reiterating the OP's claims, I just think right now that Blount is a much better back than T-Rich. I'll bet a deal gets done soon. But the NFL makes no sense to me. Just my :2cents:

I'm not reiterating the OP's claims, I just think right now that Blount is a much better back than T-Rich. I'll bet a deal gets done soon. But the NFL makes no sense to me. Just my :2cents:
I agree, I've always felt Blount was a very good pure runner when given the carries, obviously his off field issues have ruined many chances for him over the years.

My point was that while he's a good runner, he's NOT a short yardage or goal line RB. He's awful in those situations.

I don't believe Herron is the answer. Blount makes more sense. I know I could be totally off-base, but I'm just throwing it out there for consideration.

Here's a scenario----Indy announces they have just acquired Blount. Is it hard to see him being a major WW pickup? This is what I'm saying...

What is this thing about running backs that "can't catch?" Is it the route? Or is it the hands? Don't forget, Bradshaw, in the past three games, had a key on him, from my own observation. Every time he ran out in the flat, a linebacker was there.
Hands I suppose. Some RBs like Andre Williams, ALMO, Ivory and etc. just aren't natural pass catchers and it shows. It seems easy in theory but likely isn't although the truly poor pass catchers are in the minority.

As to why I think it matters, IND's offense just functions in a way that it wants versatile backs on the field at all times. I mean, coming into this week Bradshaw had the 5th most targets amongst RBs (47). Combined with TRich, I don't think any tandem save McKinnon/Asiata has been targeted more. Hell, even Herron is technically rather versatile.

I think Blount would be an interesting addition but ultimately I don't think he's a fit. It's possible no one is the answer but I don't think that even matters to IND. They've shown a tendency to totally abandon the run plenty of times this year.

Hands I suppose. Some RBs like Andre Williams, ALMO, Ivory and etc. just aren't natural pass catchers and it shows. It seems easy in theory but likely isn't although the truly poor pass catchers are in the minority.

As to why I think it matters, IND's offense just functions in a way that it wants versatile backs on the field at all times. I mean, coming into this week Bradshaw had the 5th most targets amongst RBs (47). Combined with TRich, I don't think any tandem save McKinnon/Asiata has been targeted more. Hell, even Herron is technically rather versatile.

I think Blount would be an interesting addition but ultimately I don't think he's a fit. It's possible no one is the answer but I don't think that even matters to IND. They've shown a tendency to totally abandon the run plenty of times this year.
That could be because they don't think they have good running backs.

I'd also argue that the chip before the route looks like a ballet. When it's done wrong, it looks terrible. These guys have to chip and sneak into a comfort zone, and not all of them are able to do that. Ivory and ALMO are perfect examples of this.

Seems like they have a locker room full of good citizens. I can't see them bringing in a pothead who has potential mental issues.

The last two Colts who got arrested (John Boyett and Da'Rick Rogers) were released by the club immediately.

Why are we discussing this when he cleared waivers and the Colts had an opportunity to grab. For get his skill set, the Colts obviously have no interest bring in a malcontent and disrupting their locker room.

Oh geez, this again. This is like an old wives tale or something. He's actually not good or bad at the goal line. Just last year he had 7 rushes inside the 5 yard line for 5 touchdowns. Pretty good conversion rate if you ask me. Before last year, he only had 15 career carries inside the 5 while on a terrible tampa team that admittedly didn't try to coach him up.

Regardless, I doubt he goes to Indy.

Signed a 2 year deal with the Pats, pending a physical. As a Pats homer, I like this. He'll compliment Vereen and Gray well, and is a good fit for the Pats system.

I'll kiss every cows behind in Texas if the Colts sign this guy. He doesn't fit the Colts organization.

Oh geez, this again. This is like an old wives tale or something. He's actually not good or bad at the goal line. Just last year he had 7 rushes inside the 5 yard line for 5 touchdowns. Pretty good conversion rate if you ask me. Before last year, he only had 15 career carries inside the 5 while on a terrible tampa team that admittedly didn't try to coach him up.

You're hanging onto last year, and ignoring every other year of his career. He's played 5 years, and he's been average to bad at the GL in 4 of those 5 years. The only good year he had was in NE, last year.

Since he just signed in NE, that's relevant, but to continue to argue that he's not bad at the GL, despite 80% of his career being bad at the goal line is a flawed argument.

If you wanted to say that his GL potential now (since he seems to have re-signed with NE for 2 years) looks bright, I'd have to agree with you, but saying that he has been bad at the GL in his career is not an "old wives tale."

You're hanging onto last year, and ignoring every other year of his career. He's played 5 years, and he's been average to bad at the GL in 4 of those 5 years. The only good year he had was in NE, last year.

Since he just signed in NE, that's relevant, but to continue to argue that he's not bad at the GL, despite 80% of his career being bad at the goal line is a flawed argument.

If you wanted to say that his GL potential now (since he seems to have re-signed with NE for 2 years) looks bright, I'd have to agree with you, but saying that he has been bad at the GL in his career is not an "old wives tale."
It is because he only had 15 attempts previously inside the 5 yard line!! People act like he was getting continuous goal line looks for four years. He barely even played one year because he wasn't a "buccaneer man" according to Schiano. So I'm honestly not clinging to last year. I just think it is funny that people want to ignore last year and focus on the previous four years when he was barely used at the goal line. And I'd say he was pretty damn close to average for those four years. It is just a silly old wives tale that people love to regurgitate for some reason.

Even after last year's extremely effective performance at the goal line, I still believe he's about average in that aspect just as he's always been. I'm not trying to make him out to be a stud.

Users who are viewing this thread