What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Ameer Abdullah - The Bandwagon (4 Viewers)

I don't own a high enough 1st round pick to draft this guy but if I did, I would draft him in the first round and then trade him as soon as he has a huge game. He looked great but the smart move would be to bet against him holding up physically. If he starts going off this season you could probably get a lot for him.

It's fluff season, but hard not to love some of the stuff from these two articles:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/08/column_lions_ameer_abdullah_co.html

"I was around Arian Foster pretty early on," the Detroit Lions quarterback said, "and you could tell Arian had a chance to be special.

"Just did stuff you can't go and work on in the summer and get good at. You either have it, or you don't."

It had been a long time since Orlovsky thought about those days back in 2009 with Houston. But they suddenly came rushing back to him Thursday night when he was standing on the sideline at Ford Field chatting with Lance Moore.

And watching Ameer Abdullah run wherever he damn well pleased.

"Lance and I have been in the league for a long time now," Orlovsky said. "You've seen a lot of backs, and he's one of the ones I've seen that is pretty special.

"You just look at each other with a look, laughing."
"He's quick as a cat," Jets coach Todd Bowles said. "He's about as quick as Barry Sanders. I'm not saying he is Barry, but he's a good running back. He made us miss today."
Abdullah, with his speed and cutting ability, looks like a big play waiting to happen. But don't take it from me. Take it from Orlovsky and Golden Tate.

Veterans like them choose their words carefully this time of year. Especially when it comes to rookies. You know the cliches by now: "We're taking 'em one week at a time." ... "Let's wait until the games matter." ... "We've got to look at the film first." ...

But Orlovsky and Tate didn't have to wait to see the film. They saw what everyone else in the building saw. They saw what anyone who has been to training camp has seen.

"Special" was the word they used in separate interviews. And even the ever-conservative Jim Caldwell could not contain his excitement a few minutes after the game wrapped up.

"The Lord's blessed him with some pretty unique talents," Caldwell said with a smile.

It goes back to what Orlovsky said about Arian Foster. Some guys can just do stuff you can't teach, and either you have it, or you don't.

And Abdullah sure looks like he has it, doesn't he?
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/08/14/ameer-abdullah-lions/31689251/

Dan Orlovsky was standing on the sideline near the end of the Detroit Lions' preseason-opening 23-3 win over the New York Jets Thursday when he turned to receiver Lance Moore and said simply, "Twenty-one."

In that moment, the two veterans with a combined 20 NFL seasons under their belt conveyed what everyone else who saw Ameer Abdullah's preseason debut left Ford Field thinking – the Lions' newest No. 21 can play some football.

"We've been around long enough to see if a back is good enough," Orlovsky said. "You could tell pretty early. If he stays healthy, he's got a chance to be a pretty good NFL football player. He's got some juice. He's got some stuff you can't go do drills and get good at it. You're just given it by God and he's got some God-given ability and that's pretty special. And he's a good kid and he's got a good head on his shoulders and he works. He's going to be a good player, hopefully."
"The Lord's blessed him with pretty unique talents," Lions coach Jim Caldwell said. "He's a guy that's very, very quick and he has vision. He has both of those things. Obviously, your quickness without vision is a bit of a waste, but he's got both of those. And not only that, you didn't see him catch him, but he can catch the ball as well. He had a pretty productive night."
Abdullah, who's talent has been evident since he joined veterans on the field for organized team workouts this spring, said he hasn't done much to surprise himself in camp.

"Just playing football," he said. "Sometimes it's kind of taken out of proportion. At the end of the day it's just playing football, and that's what the guys in that locker room and myself love to do. Anytime you're out there, you're not really surprising yourself, you're just having fun, enjoying the moment, just playing football."

Last edited by a moderator:
Emmit Smith didn't have "breakaway speed."

:popcorn:

Like I said a few days ago...everybody will be on this bandwagon after a few preseason games.
He's exactly as advertised and showed at combine. Tons of moves, lateral agility, but long speed is average.
So was Emmitt Smiths.

You don't need to be a track star to be a great NFL RB. Move the chains, catch the ball, block in pass protect.

Plenty of great NFL RB's with average breakaway speed.

STIFF HIPS FOR THE $$$$$$$

I'm not looking to get into a multi-page argument on this, but I'm legitimately confused on how we can watch the same plays and come to completely opposite conclusions.
I like any indepth analysis on players like FJ offered there. I understand I may not agree with everyone's analysis but it still has alot of value. In this particular instance, I disagree with FJ's opinion that AA has significant deficiencies running the ball but whole heartedly agree with the fact that he will struggle to put up "stud" numbers.

What are your thoughts on his chances for goal line work? Like I said in my last post. Without breakaway speed, he absolutely NEEDS goal line work to even toy with "stud" production. That will be the key. If AA is going to be somewhat exclusively used at the GL, then that takes him from a ceiling of 5 total TD's on the season to more around a ceiling of 12-15 total TD's on the season (assuming the starting role and GL work).
To clarify, I don't believe he's got significant deficiencies running the ball. What I do believe is he doesn't have all the attributes studs typically have. That means he'll tend to be somewhat of a role player.

To be a stud, he's going to have to be their feature back. That's the first problem he's got to overcome. I think it's possible he could become their feature back depending on how the other RBs fare, but I'm talking dynasty & his longterm outlook. Abdullah is actually pretty safe as far as expecting decent production in PPR leagues, it's just that I think he's got a long uphill battle to be a consistent stud over the course of his career.

I'm not looking to get into a multi-page argument on this, but I'm legitimately confused on how we can watch the same plays and come to completely opposite conclusions.
I like any indepth analysis on players like FJ offered there. I understand I may not agree with everyone's analysis but it still has alot of value. In this particular instance, I disagree with FJ's opinion that AA has significant deficiencies running the ball but whole heartedly agree with the fact that he will struggle to put up "stud" numbers.

What are your thoughts on his chances for goal line work? Like I said in my last post. Without breakaway speed, he absolutely NEEDS goal line work to even toy with "stud" production. That will be the key. If AA is going to be somewhat exclusively used at the GL, then that takes him from a ceiling of 5 total TD's on the season to more around a ceiling of 12-15 total TD's on the season (assuming the starting role and GL work).
What do you define as break-away speed? His measurables from the combine show him more "quick" than "fast" but very explosive.

• Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 205
  • Arm Length: 30"
  • Hand Size: 8⅝"
  • 10 Yard Dash: 1.61
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.60
  • Bench Press: 24
  • Vertical Jump: 42½"
  • Broad Jump: 130"
  • 3 Cone Drill: 6.79
  • 20 Yard Shuttle: 3.95
  • 60 Yard Shuttle: 11.18
  • Agility Score: 10.74

To clarify, I don't believe he's got significant deficiencies running the ball. What I do believe is he doesn't have all the attributes studs typically have. That means he'll tend to be somewhat of a role player.

To be a stud, he's going to have to be their feature back. That's the first problem he's got to overcome. I think it's possible he could become their feature back depending on how the other RBs fare, but I'm talking dynasty & his longterm outlook. Abdullah is actually pretty safe as far as expecting decent production in PPR leagues, it's just that I think he's got a long uphill battle to be a consistent stud over the course of his career.
You don't think they will feature this kid?

OK then.

It was a really nice run, but it also highlighted one of the main concerns with him becoming a "stud" for fantasy purposes.

OK then.
Why did the Bengals shrink Gio's role?

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Giovani-Bernard-35-yard-TD-run/ad5a413d-16d5-4f9e-9eba-2fcaa504b5a8

OK then.

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Giovani-Bernard-35-yard-TD-run/ad5a413d-16d5-4f9e-9eba-2fcaa504b5a8
Because Jeremy Hill is that much better? Ya think?

OK then.

lol that much better than that huh? It's obvious Gio couldn't hold up with that many touches. Something everybody should be considering when they value AA.

I've now seen all his runs from the game & nothing has changed about my evaluation. Nothing was likely to change with a few caries or even all of preseason. The regular season is the test. It's easy to get fooled in preseason. It doesn't mean certain prospects can't vault up your rankings in preseason, especially prospects who come out of nowhere (like Victor Cruz), but with a guy like Abdullah, my evaluation will likely stay pretty static during the preseason.

Can he have longterm success with his upright lateral move? Another concern I have is he's pretty much a one-trick pony with his quickness. He seems to have good vision, but he's not a big tackle breaker & not a home run hitter (despite the long run). I've liked smaller RBs coming out of college. They have a little bit of a disadvantage, but those guys can still be studs. I was high on both Charles & CJ coming out, but they have some attributes Abdullah doesn't possess.

I didn't take Abdullah off my board in dynasty drafts. I often do that with guys I'm sure will bust no matter how far they fall. I'd take Abdullah with the right pick, but I knew I'd likely never get him once his ADP was established. My overall general strategy is to try to hit on feature backs, #1 WRs, etc. I've been very successful doing that, but you typically pass up safer players with that strategy. I think Abdullah is a pretty safe bet to be a productive FF RB in PPR leagues as long as his situation holds up, but we're talking about another level entirely when people start calling him a stud.

It doesn't mean Abdullah can't be a stud, it just means there are too many unanswered questions for me to take him around his ADP (mostly talking dynasty here). Just the simple fact he may very well not be a GL back for much of his career is enough to have pause to not call him a potential stud. Some smaller guys can excel around the GL, but that's a huge projection for Abdullah right now. He can make up some of the potential point loss in PPR leagues if he's used enough in the passing game, but it would help if he had home run ability if he's not going to be a GL back. I simply have a lot of reservations about the stud call at this time.
Great post. I'm a big AA fan but I think projecting him as a stud is betting on his absolute ceiling and possibly a ceiling that isn't even that high.

My main concern with him is the lack of speed. It will result in subpar TD's his entire career. He would have to be an exceptional GL runner at his size to get the opportunities inside the 5 and simply being the best GL back at Nebraska the last 3yrs isn't enough. If you're telling me he's the best GL back at Alabama for 3yrs, then that's telling me something.

Chances are better than 50% that he will not be a goal line back.

Chances are better than 50% that he will not break off a higher than avg number of long TD runs.

Those are two huge knocks against him right off the bat.

Even if Detroit decides not to use their 230 pound back at the goal line, AA would still be competing with Calvin Johnson who is one of the best red zone threats in the game. If Ebron continues to develop, there's another weapon near the goal line. Bell has never had more than 8 rushing TD's in a season as the primary goal line back for detroit the past 2 seasons.

I'm just not seeing the potential for him to be a stud. I do, however, think he has a very high floor which is why I'll be drafting him in dynasty for sure and redraft if he falls.
I just really don't get the shtick of Ameer running too high/loose hips stuff. It's contrary to pretty much everyone else's opinion of his running style without any evidence to back up that contrarian opinion. I'm going to excerpt a couple short things from Matt Waldman's RSP to try to give credence to the idea that it isn't just a Nebraska homer disagreeing (but if that isn't kosher with Matt or others, I'll happily edit and remove this, love his work). He doesn't have a "hip looseness" category, but based on what FJ says that means to him, I'd say Matt's "balance" category is the closest match:

Balance is a core factor in effective ball carrying, denoting the combination of good foot and body placement, agility, and awareness of one’s physical space. A player with good balance can adjust to the force of a hard blow and not fall over. Football players are trained to maintain their balance when facing most head-on collisions with a defender, but special players have the rare ability to keep their balance when the direction of the blow or placement of the blow to the body is unexpected, coming from an angle or particularly forceful. Although an extreme example, Barry Sanders frequently demonstrated throughout his career that a low pad level, uncanny anticipation of defensive angles, and great balance could defeat the backfield penetration of a player with a significant height-weight advantage.
Matt then proceeds to list Ameer as his best back in this category and says the following:

Ameer Abdullah’s balance is borderline special. He bounces off hits well—especially for his size—but Abdullah’s balance is also notable when changing direction through contact. It also takes great balance to outrun a defense to the corner and bend that run downhill at top speed without veering too far outside. Think about how many times you’ve seen fast backs get the corner and step out of bounds just as they were in open space to turn that gain from a seven-yard run into something 5-10 times that length. Abdullah is the best I have seen cornering at top speed in a few years.
Further, he ranks Ameer as one of the top receiving backs among the class:

Ameer Abdullah runs routes and plucks the ball like a budding receiver. He displays good timing on perimeter routes from the slot and he adjusts well to the ball. With his burst, footwork, and hands, he could develop into a viable slot weapon like Marshall Faulk and Brian Westbrook. If he does he’ll become one of the better pass-receiving running backs in the NFL.
You're extrapolating things from my posts that aren't there. I didn't say he runs high. I said he's got mostly upright change of direction as opposed to lowering his body angle closer to the ground. As far as his balance, I wouldn't say it's special, but he looks to have good balance. I haven't seen evidence of him being a special receiver, but he could possibly develop further in that category.

Again, my concerns aren't so much with him as a pure runner/receiver as much as it is with him being able to be a stud. He's got some fairly big obstacles to overcome.

OK then.
Sure they will use him. You may be getting hung up on what I'm calling a lead back/bell cow/etc.

OK then.
Sure they will use him. You may be getting hung up on what I'm calling a lead back/bell cow/etc.
I can see him not being a bell cow. I get that.

But for FF purposes he can have a big impact as a true potential RB2 in PPR.

You're extrapolating things from my posts that aren't there. I didn't say he runs high. I said he's got mostly upright change of direction as opposed to lowering his body angle closer to the ground. As far as his balance, I wouldn't say it's special, but he looks to have good balance. I haven't seen evidence of him being a special receiver, but he could possibly develop further in that category.

Again, my concerns aren't so much with him as a pure runner/receiver as much as it is with him being able to be a stud. He's got some fairly big obstacles to overcome.
:confused: So does he get higher when changing direction in your eyes? I mean, I guess I can agree that Ameer doesn't bend halfway over when he cuts, but I'm really struggling to see how that's a negative. If you're bent over while making a move, you're going to lose speed from the move, that's just how bodies work. You can't open up your legs as much and cover as much distance hunched over.

Emmit Smith didn't have "breakaway speed."

:popcorn:

Like I said a few days ago...everybody will be on this bandwagon after a few preseason games.
He's exactly as advertised and showed at combine. Tons of moves, lateral agility, but long speed is average.
So was Emmitt Smiths.

You don't need to be a track star to be a great NFL RB. Move the chains, catch the ball, block in pass protect.

Plenty of great NFL RB's with average breakaway speed.

STIFF HIPS FOR THE $$$$$$$
I replied to the wrong post earlier regarding this, but for the record, I don't believe Abdullah has stiff hips. It's far from a strength of his, though.

His change of direction is mostly upright which isn't as efficient in traffic. On the bright side, his lateral move is very good if not predictable.

I like any indepth analysis on players like FJ offered there. I understand I may not agree with everyone's analysis but it still has alot of value. In this particular instance, I disagree with FJ's opinion that AA has significant deficiencies running the ball but whole heartedly agree with the fact that he will struggle to put up "stud" numbers.What are your thoughts on his chances for goal line work? Like I said in my last post. Without breakaway speed, he absolutely NEEDS goal line work to even toy with "stud" production. That will be the key. If AA is going to be somewhat exclusively used at the GL, then that takes him from a ceiling of 5 total TD's on the season to more around a ceiling of 12-15 total TD's on the season (assuming the starting role and GL work).

You don't think they will feature this kid?OK then.

lol that much better than that huh? It's obvious Gio couldn't hold up with that many touches. Something everybody should be considering when they value AA.
This has to stop. He is not Gio Bernard. He is not Jamaal Charles. This has to be looked at a per player basis. Some players are prone to injuries. Others are not. Ray Rice has a similar build. What did he do different?

People need to look at a few of Jamaal Charles' years to see how a high reception/high ypc can catapult you to RB1 status.

And J. Bell is not in the same stratosphere of talent and thus not a threat.

The only thing that will slow this kid down is turnovers.

Any 'braska fans have any insight on how his pass pro is? If he doesn't cut it in that department, you may as well call his rookie season a wash.
I'm not overly concerned with his pass pro. My main league is a lot of Nebraska homers so I know he will go too high for my tastes. I'm looking for Bell to be overlooked and be value later in redrafts. I still have concerns about AA's fumbles. He's a great kid and I think he is a special talent that has landed in the right place to be an impact player (as in football, not necessarily the difference maker in an FF squad). But if he starts putting the ball on the ground, it'll limit his chances to put up FF points.

:confused: So does he get higher when changing direction in your eyes? I mean, I guess I can agree that Ameer doesn't bend halfway over when he cuts, but I'm really struggling to see how that's a negative. If you're bent over while making a move, you're going to lose speed from the move, that's just how bodies work. You can't open up your legs as much and cover as much distance hunched over.
Forget the word high. Think upright when changing direction (as opposed to using body lean). If he had looser hips & used more body lean he could explode off cuts & avoid defenders better in traffic.

That's not to say Abdullah doesn't have a great juke in space when he's got time to set it up. Two very different things. I'm not saying he can't make you miss in traffic, though (he can). It's just a critique.

I don't mean hunched over at the waist. Body lean = \.

Forget the word high. Think upright when changing direction (as opposed to using body lean). If he had looser hips & used more body lean he could explode off cuts better in traffic.

That's not to say Abdullah doesn't have a great juke in space when he's got time to set it up. Two very different things. I'm not saying he can't make you miss in traffic, though (he can). It's just a critique.
I'm still chuckling a bit at the supposed difference between "high" and "upright" (if you "run high" it's because you have an "upright" stance), but I guess we have to agree to disagree, because I don't see any of what your saying.

Forget the word high. Think upright when changing direction (as opposed to using body lean). If he had looser hips & used more body lean he could explode off cuts better in traffic.

I'm still chuckling a bit at the supposed difference between "high" and "upright" (if you "run high" it's because you have an "upright" stance), but I guess we have to agree to disagree, because I don't see any of what your saying.
LOL. You can be upright without being high. He basically doesn't use body lean. I guess that's the easiest way to look at it. I've tried to explain it the best I can.

Yes, let's agree to disagree. ;)

Can we end the silly running style discussion...

One more game like last night and we're looking at a 3rd round ADP and the question becomes is he draftable at that point.

Can we end the silly running style discussion...

One more game like last night and we're looking at a 3rd round ADP and the question becomes is he draftable at that point.
It's not a running style, but a critique about change of direction.

That said, I think the critiques have about run their course for now, LOL.

Joique Bell now becomes the much better fantasy value.
Some of the other rook RBs and veteran feature backs also, if you wanted someone like Tevin Coleman then having AA get so much favorable press is huge get for you. Not saying I don't like AA, but he's probably going to get seriously overbought in Labor Day timeframe drafts.

I was trying to remember who all the fantasy hype reminded me of in terms of possible ADP and it came to me: it's David Wilson.

Need to catch up on all the discussion in here since last night's game, but wow, that dude is a rocket.

Reminds me of Chris Johnson's first game in the preseason as a rookie (oddly enough against the Lions), where all it took was one sick run to validate the hype.

Need to catch up on all the discussion in here since last night's game, but wow, that dude is a rocket.

Reminds me of Chris Johnson's first game in the preseason as a rookie (oddly enough against the Lions), where all it took was one sick run to validate the hype.
That was against St. Louis, but the big difference was that Johnson used his speed to score on the play.

cmv5 said:
Milkman said:
Todem said:
Milkman said:
Todem said:
Football Jones said:
mikmak8902 said:
mcintyre1 said:
I like any indepth analysis on players like FJ offered there. I understand I may not agree with everyone's analysis but it still has alot of value. In this particular instance, I disagree with FJ's opinion that AA has significant deficiencies running the ball but whole heartedly agree with the fact that he will struggle to put up "stud" numbers.What are your thoughts on his chances for goal line work? Like I said in my last post. Without breakaway speed, he absolutely NEEDS goal line work to even toy with "stud" production. That will be the key. If AA is going to be somewhat exclusively used at the GL, then that takes him from a ceiling of 5 total TD's on the season to more around a ceiling of 12-15 total TD's on the season (assuming the starting role and GL work).

This has to stop. He is not Gio Bernard. He is not Jamaal Charles. This has to be looked at a per player basis. Some players are prone to injuries. Others are not. Ray Rice has a similar build. What did he do different?
Lol no

Surprising that Nebraska never noticed the tight hips? Maybe they can still get a refund on his scholarship.

College fumbles are the biggest concern for me at this point. Everything else looks cute other than the quickly rising ADP.

This hype is getting out of hand, especially for re-draft leagues.

He's very quick and looked great on that big run, but 3rd round pick???

It's more than likely going to be full blown RBBC this season.

I honestly think that if you got him at a good, early-draft value -- say, 7th or later -- it might be time to sell.

I like him a lot, but I'm not sure he profiles as the kind of workhorse that merits a 3rd round pick even if Bell never plays another down. :oldunsure:

I've snagged Abdullah as my #3/#4 RB for this year. Happy to keep him even if he only is that because he's so cheap. I guess if someone wanted to give me 3rd round value then I would take it but not sure you can actually get that via a trade

Charch was on the radio this morning (locally in MN) talking up how special he looks. He didn't compare him to Peterson, but talked about how he had that special feeling when seeing Peterson's first preseason action back in 2009 and he had a similar feeling of seeing something special last night.

I'm sure he will give plenty more hype between now and the beginning of the season.

This hype is getting out of hand, especially for re-draft leagues.

He's very quick and looked great on that big run, but 3rd round pick???

It's more than likely going to be full blown RBBC this season.
Absolutely, think Saints backfield. Bell is Ingram and AA is Spiller.

Agree. He represented great value when his ADP was 6th round. But he will now shoot up the board and very likely over drafted in most drafts.

cmv5 said:
Milkman said:
Todem said:
Milkman said:
Todem said:
Football Jones said:
mikmak8902 said:
mcintyre1 said:

Lol no
That's about what I expected. "he can't hold up". Then when faced with players with the same height and build who have career level carries, "lol no."

Way to back up your point.

Milkman said:
I don't own a high enough 1st round pick to draft this guy but if I did, I would draft him in the first round and then trade him as soon as he has a huge game. He looked great but the smart move would be to bet against him holding up physically. If he starts going off this season you could probably get a lot for him.
This is pretty much mirrors my thinking in the dynasty leagues I own him.

Following that plan of attack, what are the thoughts on a good cash out price on Ameer? Maybe a high end WR2/low end WR1 - Hopkins, Cooks, Benjamin, Watkins, Hilton?

cmv5 said:
Milkman said:
Todem said:
Milkman said:
Todem said:
Football Jones said:
mikmak8902 said:
mcintyre1 said:

Ray Rice proved the point. He was overused as a small back, and was physically washed up and useless on the field by 26. His overzealous usage, plus overzealous contract likely served as a warning to GM's and coaches tempted to use a small back this way.

Joe Lombardi is obviously different, though. He's got tons of experience using smaller, more dynamic backs in varied, efficient ways with limited touches that lengthen their useful careers. He's not going to pound AA into the ground. :shrug:

jurb26 said:
montana_grizzly_bears said:
BigSteelThrill said:
montana_grizzly_bears said:
All I am going to take is that he is taking advantage of his situation right now Riddick isn't doing much with his runs. Big test will be once Bell comes back. I haven't seen Abdullah get an routes either
:unsure:

A complete time split between him and Riddick right now. Both playing. 7 and 8 carries (Theo/Ameer).

3.66 outside of the 45 yarder for Ameer. Not discounting it (9.6 is awesome), but I think it plays to his super small size. Theo at 4.4.
The fact that he is making moves when I see nothing of the sort from Riddick. You have to step back and ask yourself, Could Riddick of made that 45 yard run or would he have been tackled behind the line?
I don't know who takes that run for 45 yds like Ameer did. I think 90% of the backs in the NFL make that guy at the LOS miss, though. That was a lot of space to work with and that guy was clearly playing the edge, meaning he wasn't getting beat outside. Ameer made it look easier to juke him than 90% of the backs in the NFL, though. The run does nothing to help me personally feel better about him. I want to see him run in tight spaces, not country mile spaces. I expect Ameer to make those kinds of plays in space.
I agree about the first cut but I was pretty darned impressed with the quick shift he did to avoid his own lineman almost immediately after that. That was a tight space.

And he had a pretty nifty cut in relatively tight space on his second carry (the 7 yard run) too, with good body lean to boot.

Abdullah doesn't seem to have those tree trunk legs like Rice and Drew. Maybe I haven't seen enough?

Just watched condensed games of all of last night's games, and Abdullah was definitely the guy who popped and made me perk up a bit. Looks electric, and remembering the way they used Bush/Joique 2 years ago makes me think he could be a real contributor with a chance at popping some big plays/games.

Abdullah doesn't seem to have those tree trunk legs like Rice and Drew. Maybe I haven't seen enough?
Nor does Jamaal Charles.
Jamaal has tremendous vision, gets low is more flexible in the hips (yeah here we go) and wins in tight spaces. We've seen him do it for several years. It's amazing how much leverage Charles is able to play with given his size. It's not safe to assume this will be the case for Ameer, or any smaller RB for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread