What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (7 Viewers)

Ok, so I am bored, and with Silly Season upon us, I present to you the list of players who are currently 3/1 or better on skybet to change teams (in no particular order):

Gareth Bale: ManUtd 9/4

DiMaria: PSG 6/4

De Bruyne: ManCity 2/1

Benteke: Liverpool 15/8

Ings: Liverpool 1/3, ManUtd 11/4

Milner: Liverpool 4/5, Arsenal 2/1

Toure: Milan 11/10, PSG 7/4, Liverpool 3/1

Cavani: Juventus 1/1

DeGea: Real Madrid 9/4, stay at ManUtd 2/7

Lloris: ManUtd 2/1, stay at Spurs 10/11

Hummels: ManUtd 2/5

Pogba: ManCity 6/4

Cech: Arsenal 2/1, PSG 3/1

Cleverly: Aston Villa 4/7

Higuain: Liverpool 3/1

Gundogen: ManUtd 4/5, ManCity 5/2

Schneiderlin: Arsenal 6/5, Spurs 5/2

Coleman: ManUtd 3/1

Adebayor: Aston Villa 5/2

Sissoko: PSG 5/4, Arsenal 7/4

Griezmann: Chelsea 7/4

So Atleti is going to sell more players to Chelski? They didn't buy enough of the talent last summer? Sounds great. Who are they, Tottenham?

He's better than either of the left backs they brought in. Atleti started a backup right back at left for quite a number of games this season.

Nonetheless, being a have not team kinda sucks. If they lose Griezmann after this season, that would be a real shame.

TV revenue sharing needs to happen, and it needs to have some teeth as this #### us getting silly.

He's better than either of the left backs they brought in. Atleti started a backup right back at left for quite a number of games this season.

Nonetheless, being a have not team kinda sucks. If they lose Griezmann after this season, that would be a real shame.

TV revenue sharing needs to happen, and it needs to have some teeth as this #### us getting silly.
FWIW I agree with you. Griezmann should definitely stay at Atletico next year. Hes flourishing and should see out his time there. The question is - with consistent CL football over the last few years, does Atletico still need to be a selling club?

From Chelsea's POV, a release clause of 44M pounds is very high. I do not see them spending that much on him as its more than theyve spent on any player since Torres (and we see how that turbed out). Hazard, Costa, Fabregas, Willian were all bought for ~30M pounds. I dont see them breaking the bank unless its for a Galactico type player. THe only way I see it happening is if they cash out big on Oscar (rumored to Juventus for 40M pounds), switch Willian to the center of the pitch and then station Griezmann on the right (hes a lefty). But I dont think Chelsea is better off with that lineup.

Pretty interesting that three players ManU let go (Evra, Tevez, and Pogba) are playing such a key role. Same thing with Morata scoring two against a Real Madrid team with Chicarito as their main option off the bench.

FWIW I agree with you. Griezmann should definitely stay at Atletico next year. Hes flourishing and should see out his time there. The question is - with consistent CL football over the last few years, does Atletico still need to be a selling club?

From Chelsea's POV, a release clause of 44M pounds is very high. I do not see them spending that much on him as its more than theyve spent on any player since Torres (and we see how that turbed out). Hazard, Costa, Fabregas, Willian were all bought for ~30M pounds. I dont see them breaking the bank unless its for a Galactico type player. THe only way I see it happening is if they cash out big on Oscar (rumored to Juventus for 40M pounds), switch Willian to the center of the pitch and then station Griezmann on the right (hes a lefty). But I dont think Chelsea is better off with that lineup.
Chelsea has a ton of money to spend and lots of FFP breathing room with the new tv deal and new shirt sponsor (Yokohama). I'm sure they'll be spending like drunken soldiers, but I don't see any need for a player like Griezmann (don't know much about him other than the ridiculous hair), nor do I understand the talk of Oscar and/or Luis leaving - both are world class players, extremely important to CFC's future. I can see a need for depth at CB and CF, not really anything else needed. For me, the what Chelsea needs to stay competitive domestically and in Europe is a bit of squad depth at a few key positions and someone like Hazard to assume more of a leadership role, as I think JT is moving into the background a bit despite his great season.

Chelsea has a ton of money to spend and lots of FFP breathing room with the new tv deal and new shirt sponsor (Yokohama). I'm sure they'll be spending like drunken soldiers, but I don't see any need for a player like Griezmann (don't know much about him other than the ridiculous hair), nor do I understand the talk of Oscar and/or Luis leaving - both are world class players, extremely important to CFC's future. I can see a need for depth at CB and CF, not really anything else needed. For me, the what Chelsea needs to stay competitive domestically and in Europe is a bit of squad depth at a few key positions and someone like Hazard to assume more of a leadership role, as I think JT is moving into the background a bit despite his great season.
becuase other than Costa, the forward situation is far from strong at Chelsea. Drogba and Remy are not the answer for when Diego's hammy gives out again next year.

becuase other than Costa, the forward situation is far from strong at Chelsea. Drogba and Remy are not the answer for when Diego's hammy gives out again next year.
Does Griez play alone up front? For some reason, I had him pegged as more of a withdrawn or wide attacking player - again, acknowledging my ignorance.

Does Griez play alone up front? For some reason, I had him pegged as more of a withdrawn or wide attacking player - again, acknowledging my ignorance.
He has played more of a second forward beside Mandzukic/Torres. Played more out wide for France and La Real.

Just looked at the La Liga table....

So will Deportivo luck out here if games are really off for the rest of the season?

US Open Cup results. The smallest team left advanced. Harpo's FC is an amatuer Bar and Grill team from Boulder.

U.S. Open Cup Results:

FIRST ROUND

May 13 in Charleston, W.Va.

West Virginia Chaos (PDL) 1 Fort Pitt Regiment (NPSL) 0

-----------------------------------------------------------

May 13 in Ludlow, Mass.

Western Mass. Pioneers (PDL) 1 Greater Binghamton FC Thunder (NPSL) 1

(Greater Binghamton FC Thunder wins 4-3 on penalty kicks.)

May 13 in East Lansing, Mich.

Lansing United (NPSL) 0 RWB Adria (USASA) 0

(Lansing United wins 4-2 on penalty kicks.)

May 13 in Hialeah, Fla.

Miami United (NPSL) 2 SW Florida Adrenaline (PDL) 1

May 13 in Spartanburg, S.C.

Upward Stars (NPSL) 3 Triangle Brigade (USASA) 2

(Upward Stars win 3-1 on penalty kicks.)

May 13 in Danbury, Conn.

AC Connecticut (PDL) 2 Virginia Beach City FC (NPSL) 3

May 13 in South Huntington, N.Y.

Long Island Rough Riders (PDL) 3 Brooklyn Italians (NPSL) 1

May 13 in Pontiac, Mich.

Michigan Bucks (PDL) 3 Detroit City FC (NPSL) 0

May 13 in Chattanooga, Tenn.

Chattanooga FC (NPSL) 1 Ocala Stampede (PDL) 1

(Chattanooga FC wins 5-3 on penalty kicks.)

May 13 in Newark, N.J.

Jersey Express (PDL) 3 New York Greek American Atlas (USASA) 0

May 13 in Towson, Md.

Maryland Bays (USASA) 0 Reading United AC (PDL) 1

May 13 in Wayland, Mass.

Global Premier Soccer (USASA) 1 Seacoast United Phantoms (PDL) 2

May 13 in West Des Moines, Iowa

Des Moines Menace (PDL) 2 Madison Fire (USASA) 1

May 13 in Midland, Texas

Midland/Odessa Sockers (PDL) 3 Tulsa Athletics (NPSL) 1

May 13 in Laredo, Texas

Laredo Heat (PDL) 0 NTX Rayados (USASA) 0

(Laredo Heat wins 4-2 on penalty kicks.)

May 13 in Provo, Utah

BYU Cougars (PDL) 0 Harpo’s FC (USSSA) 0

(Harpo's FC wins 4-2 on penalty kicks.)

May 13 in Tucson, Ariz.

FC Tucson (PDL) 1 Chula Vista FC (USASA) 2

May 13 in Tacoma, Wash.

FC Tacoma 253 (NPSL) 2 Kitsap Pumas (PDL) 5

May 13 in Santa Rosa, Calif.

Sonoma County Sol (NPSL) 2 Burlingame Dragons (PDL) 1

May 13 in Ventura, Calif.

Ventura County Fusion (PDL) 3 Cal FC (USASA) 3

(Ventura County Fusion wins 6-5 on penalty kicks.)

May 13 in Los Angeles

PSA Elite (USASA) 7 Golden State Misioneros FC (PDL) 1

one of my old college teammates was english- his pub team ended up going pretty far in the FA cup, but IIRC, nowhere near sniffing PL teams.

Heading to our first St. Louis FC game tonight during their inaugural season in the USL..... :banned:
Where are they playing at?

There has been a bunch of St Louis MLS expansion news the last couple of days. Garber is planning to meet with some city officials a money guys down there soon.

So apparantly a Boca Junior fan attacked River Plate players with pepper spray at the half of their game tonight. All kinds of havoc has ensued. Not watching only following on Twitter.

Users who are viewing this thread