What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (10 Viewers)

"SCENE: Spurs walk into a high school cafeteria, holding a tray of food, looking for a place to sit. They glance at a table where ManU, Man City, and other cool kids are sitting. They're looking at Spurs, whispering to each other, pointing and laughing. Spurs sighs, looks around, and sees Newcastle United sitting alone. Spurs walks over to the Magpies' table and sits. Newcastle United look up from their Joe Willock fanzine, see Spurs looking hopefully at them, and get up and move to another empty table."
Maybe they should have stayed at the table with RM, Barca and Juventus?

I went to this Cafe for the Match today Gran Cafe L'Aquila. Two of the co owners are from the L'Aquila region of Italy and had a similar cafe in the town of Abruzza and lost it during the Italy Earthquake. Long story short the two guys came over and the partially own this place with a guy name Giano who is a Roma supporter and family from Rome. The cafe is amazing and feels like Italy. The one guy Stefano Biasini makes the Gelato and is the Gelato Champion of Italy. Had the Cannoli today and I think I could die and be happy. Anyway both Roma and Milan Club Philly go there for their matches and they play all the Italian matches on TV there. It was a great atmosphere and I'm so glad I went today. Met a guy who lives in the town over from me.

Anyway I was talking to some of the guys there. Gigi Donnarumma was brought up. Current rumor is PSG will sign him to 12M Euro deal. PSG would then loan him right away to an Italian club most likely Juventus. Not sure how concrete that is but honestly it's the only way I see Juve getting GIGI at this point. 

I just first wanted to Say I hope CE is ok. He may be a rival but there's a respect there and human aspect. 2nd props to the medical staff today and the ref for the quick stoppage. Props to the Denmark team for what they did. Also Every Milan Supporter today is proud to say Simon Kjaer is Milan player. His actions today were heroic on all accounts, truly amazing person what he did for CK and his wife. A true captain. 

Never want a moment like that to happen but everyone did an incredible job today. I was going to work when this happened and for 2 1/2 hrs really couldn't concentrate besides constantly checking my phones for updates. Props to both nations for continuing the match after he was stable too. 

@SoccerInsider: Bayern Munich officials expected in Texas Monday to continue transfer talks for FC Dallas's Justin Che, a 17-year-old fullback who spent months on loan with Bundesliga giants. Che was in USMNT camp in Switzerland. FCD probably seeking >> the $1.5m it got for Chris Richards #mls

Oh my, this is so me and my wife

=========================================

Arch Bell

@ArchBell

I turn on COL-ECU and…...

Wife: “I thought fútbol was done today.”

Me: “That was the Euro.”

Wife: “What’s this?”

Me: “Copa America.”

Wife: “But Colombia just played Argentina.”

Me: “That was WCQ.”

Wife: “Is this Concacaf?”

Me: “That’s Gold Cup.”

Wife: “Then why were you in Denver last week?”

Me: “Nations League.”

Wife: “What?”

Arch Bell

@ArchBell

All day tomorrow too. NBA on the other TV :lol:

Arch Bell

@ArchBell

Tell her yeah it's hard for us to follow sometimes too don't sweat it 

Gigi Donnarumma transfer to PSG is complete according to Fabrizio Romano with only a medical to happen sometime in the next week before officially confirmed. 

In other GIGI NEWS Gigi Buffon has strong interest from Boyhood club Parma. Buffon is strongly considering going back to Parma after 28 yrs away and playing in Serie B next year. What a coup for American Parma owner Kyle Krause that could be. If it happens cannot wait to talk to Kyle about that. 

@ArchBell

She tells people: “I draw the line at Honduran second division!”

Arch Bell

@ArchBell

My wife and I are on vacation and been watching Euro. We went down to the beach.

Wife: "How long do you think we've been down here?"

Me: "I overheard somebody say it's 130 and we left the house shortly before the second match, so almost 2 hours."

Wife looks at me and says "So now we're using soccer to tell time. Great."

My wife and I are on vacation and been watching Euro. We went down to the beach.

Wife: "How long do you think we've been down here?"

Me: "I overheard somebody say it's 130 and we left the house shortly before the second match, so almost 2 hours."

Wife looks at me and says "So now we're using soccer to tell time. Great."
"Only until the knockout stage"

Saw this on reddit today

=====================

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU3ldfqCVXw

2021 FIFA Congress

at the 1hr 15 minutes of the video, FIFA president Infantino said:

The current offside rule says that "if any part of your body with which you can score a goal is over the line of the second last defender then it is offside."

We are testing the opposite rule so to saying "if any part of your body with which you can score a goal is in line with the second last defender then it is not offside."

In the Premier League last year, there were 4 offside situations per game, with this new rule, two of these 4 situations would be onside and maybe a few more goals.

We need to see what kind of impact this new rule have on the game and that is why we are testing it currently in America and in China. Professor Arsene Wenger is supervising this work.

Saw this on reddit today

=====================

2021 FIFA Congress

The current offside rule says that "if any part of your body with which you can score a goal is over the line of the second last defender then it is offside."

We are testing the opposite rule so to saying "if any part of your body with which you can score a goal is in line with the second last defender then it is not offside."

In the Premier League last year, there were 4 offside situations per game, with this new rule, two of these 4 situations would be onside and maybe a few more goals.

We need to see what kind of impact this new rule have on the game and that is why we are testing it currently in America and in China. Professor Arsene Wenger is supervising this work.
Need a dislike button.

I always find it interesting to hear star players thoughts about MLS after they play here. Usually have to take with a grain of PR salt...

Inter Miami striker Gonzalo Higuain has said he thought Major League Soccer would be easy enough for him to play with a "cigarette" in his mouth.

The Argentina forward, who has scored four goals in seven league games this season, said that he has been surprised by the competitiveness of MLS, comparing it to Italy's Serie A.

Speaking on Christian Vieri's Twitch channel Bobo TV, Higuain said: "I thought I would come here and play with a cigarette in my mouth and, instead, it is difficult.

"It is a tough league. I learned that it is similar to Italian football. In Spain and England it is easier to do well, while in Italy, if you do not know the league, you suffer."

Saw this on reddit today

=====================

2021 FIFA Congress

When I was younger this was the interpretation.  Even is ON. I would think this would be a good change.  

I always find it interesting to hear star players thoughts about MLS after they play here. Usually have to take with a grain of PR salt...

Inter Miami striker Gonzalo Higuain has said he thought Major League Soccer would be easy enough for him to play with a "cigarette" in his mouth.

The Argentina forward, who has scored four goals in seven league games this season, said that he has been surprised by the competitiveness of MLS, comparing it to Italy's Serie A.

Speaking on Christian Vieri's Twitch channel Bobo TV, Higuain said: "I thought I would come here and play with a cigarette in my mouth and, instead, it is difficult.

"It is a tough league. I learned that it is similar to Italian football. In Spain and England it is easier to do well, while in Italy, if you do not know the league, you suffer."
Most seem to complain about the travel and the playoff structure making it feel like not all games matter.  A lot also indicate its a lot harder then they expected.  

Most seem to complain about the travel and the playoff structure making it feel like not all games matter.  A lot also indicate its a lot harder then they expected.  
Your second sentence I bet is highly tied to your first.  The travel is hellish in MLS and when you combine it when playing in the dog days of summer, I bet many many Euro players bodies need a lot of adjustment to the differences. 

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2021/06/16/nbc-sports-premier-league-schedule-fixtures-nbc-sports-watch-live-stream-link-tv-info-peacock-video/?utm_tags=nbcsemail1001

EPL schedule released as well.

Matchweek 1 - Saturday 14 August

Brentford v Arsenal
Burnley v Brighton
Chelsea v Crystal Palace
Everton v Southampton
Leicester City v Wolves
Man Utd v Leeds
Newcastle v West Ham
Norwich City v Liverpool
Spurs v Man City
Watford v Aston Villa

Should be an interesting October and November for United.  Schedule makers packed the top teams in a row.  Plus Champions League group stage games in between.  Might define their season before Thanksgiving
10/2 - vs Everton
10/16 at Leicester
10/23 vs Liverpool
10/30 st Tottenham
11/6 vs City
11/20 at Watford
11/27 at Chelsea
11/30 vs Arsenal

To be Fait Gonzo is use to having it easy because of the refs on his side. He don't have that in MLS. Also guys come into MLS acting like its a nothing league but it's a lot harder then they think 

Sergio Ramos will have a Presser tomorrow to announce he's leaving Real Madrid. Played his first match in 05 with Real Madrid (I was a just a going into my SR year of HS then). His contract is up. Theres reports he could go to Italy but nothing concrete. Whispers in the past Milan TD Paolo Maldini has had talks in the past with him about Joining Milan and Ramos has said he'd be interested. Other clubs outside of Italy are interested like the EPL. 

I am sure the "thoroughness" of this hiring process will fill Kane with a sense of pride, as he looks to extend his time in North London.
The important thing is that you got the right man to lead you to glory in the end.

(And can you get your team sorted already?  Banter just feels kind of mean now.)

Refs that don't handle this kind of #### are the ####### worst.  There's three yellows and two straight reds just in those highlights.
Joe Jordan also tried to trip Gattuso on 3 separate occasions in that match and the ref didn't do a dam thing. Thats why he reacted to Jordan the way he did at the time 

There should be a ref waiting daily outside of Gattuso's house just to give him a yellow on principle. One of the biggest thugs to ever take the field.

But yeah...hes been a sterling manager. 

Users who are viewing this thread