Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread***


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, El Floppo said:

@DJackson10

I assume that was Maldini's kid I saw playing for Meelahn today? 

Does he have a shot at making the first team?

He's already in the 1st. Been getting rare minutes. Yes this is the better of his kids. Cristian was in the system but never materialized. Daniel plays more attacking MF CF can play on the RW at times. Still a lot to learn but if another playmaker doesn't come in I expect him to be Brahim's back up 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nick Fishman

@nick_fishman

Can add to the transfer talks on Jamiro Monteiro: Per his agent, Carlos Barros Negotiations are currently with Anderlecht (Belgian Pro League) and Feyenoord (Eredivisie). There is also interest from a "top team" in Brazil...and a Western Conference MLS side.

Barros also confirmed

@thegoalkeeper

Barras's reporting: "Family not being able to be with Jamiro is very frustrating. But that's being worked on by lawyers."

Union Monteiro wants out do to Family reasons and US Covid Restrictions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, B Maverick said:

Harry Kane does not show for Spurs training today.  Seems he really is pushing for a move away....

Seems like an absolute problem child honestly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the ESPN+ folks,

Marseille vs. Villarreal, Tues. 8 pm on ESPN Deportes (delayed)

Besiktas vs. Getefe, Weds. 12:55 pm on ESPN3

Valencia vs. Milan, Weds. 2:20 pm on ESPN3

Bremer vs. Bayern, Fri. 2:40 pm on ESPN3

Plus the English League Championship starts Friday with Bournemouth vs. West Brom :thumbup:

:banned:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, drunken slob said:

For the ESPN+ folks,

Marseille vs. Villarreal, Tues. 8 pm on ESPN Deportes (delayed)

Besiktas vs. Getefe, Weds. 12:55 pm on ESPN3

Valencia vs. Milan, Weds. 2:20 pm on ESPN3

Bremer vs. Bayern, Fri. 2:40 pm on ESPN3

Plus the English League Championship starts Friday with Bournemouth vs. West Brom :thumbup:

:banned:

 

anything on ESPN3 is seperate from ESPN+ I believe 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

anything on ESPN3 is seperate from ESPN+ I believe 

 

ESPN3 is part of the regular lineup. You only have to login with your local provider for those games.

Since I have ESPN+ those games show up as available to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chelsea thought they could get Lukaku for 100M? If Harry Kane can fetch 160 M Lukaku is worth at least 200M at this point 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Chelsea thought they could get Lukaku for 100M? If Harry Kane can fetch 160 M Lukaku is worth at least 200M at this point 

Current news is that Chelsea is about to sign Lukaku for €130M.  Just waiting on Lukaku to agree to personal terms.  Seems like a fair price if Kane is €160M.... basically the same price tag plus the English tax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, encaitar said:

Current news is that Chelsea is about to sign Lukaku for €130M.  Just waiting on Lukaku to agree to personal terms.  Seems like a fair price if Kane is €160M.... basically the same price tag plus the English tax.

Lukaku is HG also…

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Chelsea thought they could get Lukaku for 100M? If Harry Kane can fetch 160 M Lukaku is worth at least 200M at this point 

 

Noted Italian rumor-monger Fabrizio Romano reported the first offer was €100m + Marcos Alonso.  Its probably all horsefeathers anyway. I don't understand what Lukaku would add - its all a cruel riddle to me.  Chelsea spent €200m on its attack last summer, then won the Champions League with defense.  Can't wait for the season to start though.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

 

Noted Italian rumor-monger Fabrizio Romano reported the first offer was €100m + Marcos Alonso.  Its probably all horsefeathers anyway. I don't understand what Lukaku would add - its all a cruel riddle to me.  Chelsea spent €200m on its attack last summer, then won the Champions League with defense.  Can't wait for the season to start though.

 

He is less likely to miss the crucial 5-foot sitters.

 

But, I would not rule out seeing Lukaku and Werner together as a front-2, I think that would put a lot of pressure on defenses, with size and pace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Graelish to City gaining steam and looks to happen for 100m.  Where does he fit into that team and who leaves?
Does that mean Kane stays at Spurs or does City splash another 160m on top of that?

Lukaku to Chelsea?  Inter don't want to sell but for that price?  Maybe they do.

Just opens the door for Halaand to United next summer!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, B Maverick said:

Graelish to City gaining steam and looks to happen for 100m.  Where does he fit into that team and who leaves?
Does that mean Kane stays at Spurs or does City splash another 160m on top of that?

Lukaku to Chelsea?  Inter don't want to sell but for that price?  Maybe they do.

Just opens the door for Halaand to United next summer!

I can't figure out how City will use Thunder Calves.  They seem to be awash in players at his position.  Time will tell.

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, encaitar said:

Current news is that Chelsea is about to sign Lukaku for €130M.  Just waiting on Lukaku to agree to personal terms.  Seems like a fair price if Kane is €160M.... basically the same price tag plus the English tax.

I heard a player or 2 might be involved 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

 

Noted Italian rumor-monger Fabrizio Romano reported the first offer was €100m + Marcos Alonso.  Its probably all horsefeathers anyway. I don't understand what Lukaku would add - its all a cruel riddle to me.  Chelsea spent €200m on its attack last summer, then won the Champions League with defense.  Can't wait for the season to start though.

 

Lukaku apparently would welcome a move back. Inter has some financial issues undertake Chineese owners so he's probably thinking let me leave on a high note if things go south here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Lukaku is HG also…

Forgot about that hence why he should be worth more too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

He is less likely to miss the crucial 5-foot sitters.

 

But, I would not rule out seeing Lukaku and Werner together as a front-2, I think that would put a lot of pressure on defenses, with size and pace.

Lukaku needs a 2nd striker who's fast and quick to go with him. The 3 in front 2 wingers they play with Belgium is why Lukaku is not as effective with the national team. He needs a Lataru type next to him in a 2 ST front 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Lukaku needs a 2nd striker who's fast and quick to go with him. The 3 in front 2 wingers they play with Belgium is why Lukaku is not as effective with the national team. He needs a Lataru type next to him in a 2 ST front 

 

You might not be aware - but Werners' "strength" is his pace...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Lukaku needs a 2nd striker who's fast and quick to go with him. The 3 in front 2 wingers they play with Belgium is why Lukaku is not as effective with the national team. He needs a Lataru type next to him in a 2 ST front 

Really? I always thought he played more as a 1 up top guy in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1.  To me he was better as a face to goal run through nothing can stop him type.  Or a get on the end of crosses type.  He's improved as a back to goal player with his first touch getting better, but overall he's one that will chase down and outmuscle the d for a goal.

Granted I haven't watched much of his time in Inter....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

not sure how many folks remember a guy named Marc Pelosi. He played for USMNT U17 about a decade ago. Went to Liverpool academy and was injured. Played a little for MLS Quakes.  

My son found out he's now enjoying life in Park City.

 

@Bfarrell727: I was browsing a Park City adult sports Facebook group when I stumbled across a post from @marcPelosi . As a guy who's watched way too many #Quakes74 games, the name was familiar, but I didn't know much about him other than his injury history and his time at Liverpool.

https://twitter.com/Parkrecord/status/1421938793557467141

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, B Maverick said:

Really? I always thought he played more as a 1 up top guy in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1.  To me he was better as a face to goal run through nothing can stop him type.  Or a get on the end of crosses type.  He's improved as a back to goal player with his first touch getting better, but overall he's one that will chase down and outmuscle the d for a goal.

Granted I haven't watched much of his time in Inter....

At Inter he played with a 2nd striker. He has great link up and became one of the top counter attack strikers in the world the last two yrs. With another striker like L Martinez he thrived at Inter 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

 

You might not be aware - but Werners' "strength" is his pace...

I was more so sayng that he makes sense with Chelsea if they play 2 in front with Werner 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I was more so sayng that he makes sense with Chelsea if they play 2 in front with Werner 

Even if they don't, Havertz seems to play as a false 9 with Werner, so if Lukaku takes Werner's spot then it'll be very similar to his Inter situation anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MESSI IS A FREE AGENT AND WILL NOT BE RESIGNING WITH BARCA!!!!  THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

I REPEAT MESSI IS A FREE AGENT AND WILL NOT BE RESIGNING WITH BARCA!!!!  

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/1423341016455819271

FC Barcelona

@FCBarcelona

LATEST NEWS | Leo #Messi will not continue with FC Barcelona

  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, B Maverick said:

MESSI IS A FREE AGENT AND WILL NOT BE RESIGNING WITH BARCA!!!!  THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

I REPEAT MESSI IS A FREE AGENT AND WILL NOT BE RESIGNING WITH BARCA!!!!  

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/1423341016455819271

FC Barcelona

@FCBarcelona

LATEST NEWS | Leo #Messi will not continue with FC Barcelona

 

Spurs made that happen.  :coffee:

 

 

Thats the power of a "Super League" club.

  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, B Maverick said:

MESSI IS A FREE AGENT AND WILL NOT BE RESIGNING WITH BARCA!!!!  THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

I REPEAT MESSI IS A FREE AGENT AND WILL NOT BE RESIGNING WITH BARCA!!!!  

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/1423341016455819271

FC Barcelona

@FCBarcelona

LATEST NEWS | Leo #Messi will not continue with FC Barcelona

 

Miami will be able to now sign him as a junior, extended roster member and not wonder why they are breaking any salary cap rules....

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jaysus said:

that Kane money is going to be used on Messi now, huh?

 

Messi was upset Barça did not sign his Argentinian buddy, Christian Romero - who is in London to complete his physical for Spurs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guess - Messi goes to PSG to play for an Argentinian coach, and his buddy Neymar again.

 

City are reportedly not interested - but hard to put too much credence in that.

  • Thinking 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

 

Miami will be able to now sign him as a junior, extended roster member and not wonder why they are breaking any salary cap rules....

today is the last day of the window for MLS too....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

 

Messi was upset Barça did not sign his Argentinian buddy, Christian Romero - who is in London to complete his physical for Spurs.

lol at Spurs signing someone

 

P.S. I heard that Bielsa was his first choice of coach because of the Argentina ties but, honestly, I don't think there is anyone on Leeds (Leeds Leeds) that he would be able to replace :shrug:

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...