What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (5 Viewers)

El Floppo said:
@DJackson10

I assume that was Maldini's kid I saw playing for Meelahn today? 

Does he have a shot at making the first team?
He's already in the 1st. Been getting rare minutes. Yes this is the better of his kids. Cristian was in the system but never materialized. Daniel plays more attacking MF CF can play on the RW at times. Still a lot to learn but if another playmaker doesn't come in I expect him to be Brahim's back up 

Nick Fishman

@nick_fishman

Can add to the transfer talks on Jamiro Monteiro: Per his agent, Carlos Barros Negotiations are currently with Anderlecht (Belgian Pro League) and Feyenoord (Eredivisie). There is also interest from a "top team" in Brazil...and a Western Conference MLS side.

Barros also confirmed

@thegoalkeeper

Barras's reporting: "Family not being able to be with Jamiro is very frustrating. But that's being worked on by lawyers."

Union Monteiro wants out do to Family reasons and US Covid Restrictions

For the ESPN+ folks,

Marseille vs. Villarreal, Tues. 8 pm on ESPN Deportes (delayed)

Besiktas vs. Getefe, Weds. 12:55 pm on ESPN3

Valencia vs. Milan, Weds. 2:20 pm on ESPN3

Bremer vs. Bayern, Fri. 2:40 pm on ESPN3

Plus the English League Championship starts Friday with Bournemouth vs. West Brom  :thumbup:

:banned:

For the ESPN+ folks,

Marseille vs. Villarreal, Tues. 8 pm on ESPN Deportes (delayed)

Besiktas vs. Getefe, Weds. 12:55 pm on ESPN3

Valencia vs. Milan, Weds. 2:20 pm on ESPN3

Bremer vs. Bayern, Fri. 2:40 pm on ESPN3

Plus the English League Championship starts Friday with Bournemouth vs. West Brom  :thumbup:

:banned:
anything on ESPN3 is seperate from ESPN+ I believe 

Chelsea thought they could get Lukaku for 100M? If Harry Kane can fetch 160 M Lukaku is worth at least 200M at this point 

Chelsea thought they could get Lukaku for 100M? If Harry Kane can fetch 160 M Lukaku is worth at least 200M at this point 
Current news is that Chelsea is about to sign Lukaku for €130M.  Just waiting on Lukaku to agree to personal terms.  Seems like a fair price if Kane is €160M.... basically the same price tag plus the English tax.

Noted Italian rumor-monger Fabrizio Romano reported the first offer was €100m + Marcos Alonso.  Its probably all horsefeathers anyway. I don't understand what Lukaku would add - its all a cruel riddle to me.  Chelsea spent €200m on its attack last summer, then won the Champions League with defense.  Can't wait for the season to start though.

Noted Italian rumor-monger Fabrizio Romano reported the first offer was €100m + Marcos Alonso.  Its probably all horsefeathers anyway. I don't understand what Lukaku would add - its all a cruel riddle to me.  Chelsea spent €200m on its attack last summer, then won the Champions League with defense.  Can't wait for the season to start though.
He is less likely to miss the crucial 5-foot sitters.

But, I would not rule out seeing Lukaku and Werner together as a front-2, I think that would put a lot of pressure on defenses, with size and pace.

Graelish to City gaining steam and looks to happen for 100m.  Where does he fit into that team and who leaves?
Does that mean Kane stays at Spurs or does City splash another 160m on top of that?

Lukaku to Chelsea?  Inter don't want to sell but for that price?  Maybe they do.

Just opens the door for Halaand to United next summer!

Graelish to City gaining steam and looks to happen for 100m.  Where does he fit into that team and who leaves?
Does that mean Kane stays at Spurs or does City splash another 160m on top of that?

Lukaku to Chelsea?  Inter don't want to sell but for that price?  Maybe they do.

Just opens the door for Halaand to United next summer!
I can't figure out how City will use Thunder Calves.  They seem to be awash in players at his position.  Time will tell.

Current news is that Chelsea is about to sign Lukaku for €130M.  Just waiting on Lukaku to agree to personal terms.  Seems like a fair price if Kane is €160M.... basically the same price tag plus the English tax.
I heard a player or 2 might be involved 

Lukaku apparently would welcome a move back. Inter has some financial issues undertake Chineese owners so he's probably thinking let me leave on a high note if things go south here

He is less likely to miss the crucial 5-foot sitters.

But, I would not rule out seeing Lukaku and Werner together as a front-2, I think that would put a lot of pressure on defenses, with size and pace.
Lukaku needs a 2nd striker who's fast and quick to go with him. The 3 in front 2 wingers they play with Belgium is why Lukaku is not as effective with the national team. He needs a Lataru type next to him in a 2 ST front 

Lukaku needs a 2nd striker who's fast and quick to go with him. The 3 in front 2 wingers they play with Belgium is why Lukaku is not as effective with the national team. He needs a Lataru type next to him in a 2 ST front 

You might not be aware - but Werners' "strength" is his pace...

Really? I always thought he played more as a 1 up top guy in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1.  To me he was better as a face to goal run through nothing can stop him type.  Or a get on the end of crosses type.  He's improved as a back to goal player with his first touch getting better, but overall he's one that will chase down and outmuscle the d for a goal.

Granted I haven't watched much of his time in Inter....

Why am I only now noticing that Cletius' profile says "anti-rabona?"

Good-bye, Danny Ings. All too often you've been the solitary bright spot in an otherwise bleak lineup.

not sure how many folks remember a guy named Marc Pelosi. He played for USMNT U17 about a decade ago. Went to Liverpool academy and was injured. Played a little for MLS Quakes.  

My son found out he's now enjoying life in Park City.

@Bfarrell727: I was browsing a Park City adult sports Facebook group when I stumbled across a post from @marcPelosi . As a guy who's watched way too many #Quakes74 games, the name was familiar, but I didn't know much about him other than his injury history and his time at Liverpool.

https://twitter.com/Parkrecord/status/1421938793557467141

B Maverick said:
Really? I always thought he played more as a 1 up top guy in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1.  To me he was better as a face to goal run through nothing can stop him type.  Or a get on the end of crosses type.  He's improved as a back to goal player with his first touch getting better, but overall he's one that will chase down and outmuscle the d for a goal.

Granted I haven't watched much of his time in Inter....
At Inter he played with a 2nd striker. He has great link up and became one of the top counter attack strikers in the world the last two yrs. With another striker like L Martinez he thrived at Inter 

I was more so sayng that he makes sense with Chelsea if they play 2 in front with Werner 
Even if they don't, Havertz seems to play as a false 9 with Werner, so if Lukaku takes Werner's spot then it'll be very similar to his Inter situation anyway.

MESSI IS A FREE AGENT AND WILL NOT BE RESIGNING WITH BARCA!!!!  THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

I REPEAT MESSI IS A FREE AGENT AND WILL NOT BE RESIGNING WITH BARCA!!!!  

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/1423341016455819271

FC Barcelona

@FCBarcelona

LATEST NEWS | Leo #Messi will not continue with FC Barcelona

Miami will be able to now sign him as a junior, extended roster member and not wonder why they are breaking any salary cap rules....

Messi was upset Barça did not sign his Argentinian buddy, Christian Romero - who is in London to complete his physical for Spurs.
lol at Spurs signing someone

P.S. I heard that Bielsa was his first choice of coach because of the Argentina ties but, honestly, I don't think there is anyone on Leeds (Leeds Leeds) that he would be able to replace :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread