What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (20 Viewers)

Nice stretch moving into the Last Chance aid station (43.3).  He moved up from 65th to 59th of the men.  

eta: A good gauge right now is Will B, who has been consistently several minutes in front of our guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice stretch moving into the Last Chance aid station (43.3).  He moved up from 65th to 59th of the men.  

eta: A good gauge right now is Will B, who has been consistently several minutes in front of our guy.
Up to 12 minutes behind 24 hr pace. Next update should be 1:10 from now. 

And he’s up Devil’s Thumb!  He’s got a little fire road section and then down single track into El Dorado Canyon, where he’s going to hit, for him, the hottest part of the race. Manage the heat to handle the long grind up to Michigan Bluff, which isn’t as steep as Devils but it’s longer. But he’s right on track, super impressed with how well he’s executing so far. 

My god watching the aid station clips with the ice downs is wild.

Stay strong @SayWhat?!!  
So awesome. 
It’s pretty amazing to come into an aid station and have 3-4 volunteers swarm you and take care of whatever you need. One will take your pack/bottles and fill them, two more will ice and wet you down, and another will crack jokes. And that’s before you get to you foot-rubbing crew. 

Another solid stretch into the El Dorado Creek aid station (52.9) for our guy!!!  He's moved up from 58th to 51st of the men and moved past, or put some distance on, a number of the guys who were around him.  Will B is now just four minutes ahead of him. 

He's almost 12 hours - halfway?!? - through the race.   :loco:   But he's past the midday heat and the worst of the altitude, for what that's worth.  Still a few more hours of daylight to work with, which could get him to Cal-2.

At Michigan Bluff in 12:48:00. He is now 55 miles into the race. Section pace was rough but that looks like a pretty big climb there.
Definitely a big climb!  He took an hour for that near-three mile climb ...and in the process, moved up further from 51st to 46th of the men (although the places are a somewhat fluid ...nevertheless).  One more climb before Foresthill, but then a lot of downslope to Rucky Chucky and the river.

Definitely a big climb!  He took an hour for that near-three mile climb ...and in the process, moved up further from 51st to 46th of the men (although the places are a somewhat fluid ...nevertheless).  One more climb before Foresthill, but then a lot of downslope to Rucky Chucky and the river.
Yup Volcano Canyon lies between our hero and Foresthill. After a mile or so of fire road out of Michigan Bluff you drop into the canyon, a bunch of switchbacks on single track. Then it’s a bit of a climb out, on to a mile climb on Bath Road, and then a gentle downhill mile into Foresthill where he’ll see his crew for the second time. And, unlike me, he’ll be there early enough for his whole family to see him. 

I just got an on course update from our hero!

Yo! Hiking up to Foresthill. Right leg issues galore (ankle, IT, glute) but just problem solving. Feel pretty wrecked after the canyons, but nothing debilitating.
Whew!  He isn't currently showing up in the men's listing and I wasn't sure what was going on.

eta: wasn't sure

PS: Remind him to watch for the right turn shortly after Foresthill.   :unsure:

According to the Western State pace chart. it looks like the 24 hour cut-off would be 7:15 pm.

So I'm guessing he's ahead of his goal there? Can someone else with a better brain confirm?

This next stretch is downhill for a bit.
Cal St down to the river is mostly downhill, a few punchy climbs and one tough little downhill stretch if your IT bands hurt. Then you run along the river for what seems like forever, as you know you’re going to cross it but it takes awhile to get to Rucky Chucky. As @tri-man 47knows i struggled through here, hopefully @SayWhat?has some quads left and that right leg doesn’t keep him from taking advantage of some runnable terrain. 

From his wife at Foresthill:  Hi! He just left Forresthill.  Looked good!  He complained of some new lower leg pain but nothing major. 

At Foresthill (mile 62): He's listed as 41st of the men, which is again up a handful of spots as he continues to impress.  He's dealing with leg issues ...but who isn't out there, at this point?  My last update for the night.  Stay strong, @SayWhat?!!!

Some great races shaping up behind the top M and F.  Also, a few of the women fighting to hold or battle into the top 10 overall.

BTW, 59 DNFs out of the 316 entrants so far.

Nick Affleck just crossed the line at 23:38 ...he was 15 minutes ahead of our guy.  So if our guy holds pace, that'd bring him in with several minutes to spare for the 24 hour mark.

Users who are viewing this thread