What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (9 Viewers)

Two weeks of bringing lunch from home instead of eating out and I'm suddenly nearing race weight again.
We’ve been getting local carry out / delivery while still offered and effing pop tarts have re-entered my life. I’m going to hit 200 lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today’s list:

Work bc from home means your always working 

Target (more pop tarts and legos)

Run

Make up some time targets for draft

I'll still be going to work everyday for the foreseeable future so I feel an obligation to limit contacts outside my work bubble.
I get it. We are just making a focused effort to support local small business. It's odd forcing so much effort into not touching my face between leaving and returning to the house then making sure everything I have touched is sanitized before calling in the family for dinner. 

Work bc from home means your always working 
Oh, no. I tapped out yesterday afternoon and put all work related notifications on do not disturb. I'll punch back in Monday morning. I get some don't have that option given our current realities, but if you do treat the weekend as you always would. 

Oh, no. I tapped out yesterday afternoon and put all work related notifications on do not disturb. I'll punch back in Monday morning. I get some don't have that option given our current realities, but if you do treat the weekend as you always would. 
Yeah it’s the current reality part. We’re cranking impact models for senior housing while we have 24/7 mitigation planning and execution occurring. Most fluid situation I’ve seen.  

...for now. Our governor has been more proactive than just about everyone else. I'm expecting the hammer any moment. Just don't mess with my running...
Yeah, your governor is the man.

In the meantime, our mall is still open right by my house. Ran by this morning just shaking my head. Our mayor is a effing pooooosay....

I am 2 lbs under my racing weight despite not running much over the last 3 weeks. Being sick, no alcohol, and eating all my meals from home. I haven’t been this light since college.
I’ve hardly drank in the last few months. That’s surely contributed too.

NYS governor has shut down the state except for "essential" personnel. 

My work just identified me as one of the "essential" people.  I'll be in the office tomorrow.  😡

Fifteen responses with estimated times (not sure if @JAA is going to adjust the calculator numbers)..plus our two esteemed captains, so seventeen.  I've written down the times and can ultimately send that to the captains.  June will be interesting, as every second will count in the mile race.

Still waiting on @pbm107; @SayWhat?; @El Floppo; @Alex P Keaton; @bushdocda; and mrs. gianmarco

...but still open to any that are interested!  Even those pesky interlopers (seriously).

Fifteen responses with estimated times (not sure if @JAA is going to adjust the calculator numbers)..plus our two esteemed captains, so seventeen.  I've written down the times and can ultimately send that to the captains.  June will be interesting, as every second will count in the mile race.

Still waiting on @pbm107; @SayWhat?; @El Floppo; @Alex P Keaton; @bushdocda; and mrs. gianmarco

...but still open to any that are interested!  Even those pesky interlopers (seriously).
I have no idea what's going on. 

I'm game...but need just a tiny bit of explanation.

I am thinking the following is reasonable taking into account my recent past. Couple ok feeling efforts last few days.  10k estimate is 🥴 for sure

5K: 21:30 

10K: 47:00 

1 mile: 6:00

Jesus, you people are fast.  It’s embarrassing enough knowing the speed gap between tri-man and me (inverse correlation to our age differential).  But this is good motivation.

5k:  27:00

10k:  55:30

1 mile:  7:30

I’ve done so little running the past 9 months....the above is a swag.  Really need to get my training going ASAP.

I feel terrible for you.

With my job sites closed, I'll be lucky to have a job by the end of the month.
Ooof.  Hope things settle down pretty quickly for you and others.  My job is safe for now but already preparing to have my salary cut.  Thankfully, we won't be spending really any money in the next month or so.

Okay, I'm declaring this a "go."

The FBG-BMF Spring 2020 Race Series

To win; to shelter in place; or to show

# of teams: 2

Team captains@gruecd and @Juxtatarot  

Format: Every participant will run the designated distance during the designated race window.  Slight variances in the distance run are acceptable as we'll be using the average pace.  Label your result in Strava (e.g., FBG-BMF 5K).  Non-Strava participants are allowed, though subject to Captain Grue's scorn.  Such participants must post documentation of their time (e.g., screenshot/photo of watch).  But Strava's great, so sign up.    

Races: This is a three-race sequence with a winning team for each round, based on average pace for the team:

- 5K ...run it on any day between April 16-19

- 10K ...run it on any day between May 14-17

- 1 mile ... run it on any day between June 11-14

Participants: Approximately 20-24 with the listing arranged via separate postings.      

Expected results: To aid in the draft and confirm participation, each participant must post estimated 5K, 10K, and mile times, based on where they expect to be in mid-April, May, and June.  Timidly posting artificially low times will make the participant subject to all of our scorn.  I.e., be realistic, factoring in training benefits over coming weeks.  Please post the times by the end of the weekend (March 22).   Failure to post will lead to disqualification from the race series.  Give the captains something to work with!  

Draft: The captains will conduct their draft after participants' times are all available (so early in the week of March 23). Captains, in all of their wisdom, will need to adjust for possible race conflicts and recurring/new injuries.  The draft can be public or private (via email communications).  The latter might be best.  Serpentine draft?  Probably.

Drop-outs: If a participant is absolutely unable to compete, attempt will be made to find a replacement of lessor or equal value.  If no replacement can be found, that team's lowest participant time will be counted twice as a substitute.
@El Floppo.

So we just need @SayWhat? and mrs. G...and then one more to bring us to 24!

Next up, then, will be determining draft order for the cap'ns.

Jesus, you people are fast.  It’s embarrassing enough knowing the speed gap between tri-man and me (inverse correlation to our age differential).  But this is good motivation.

5k:  27:00

10k:  55:30

1 mile:  7:30

I’ve done so little running the past 9 months....the above is a swag.  Really need to get my training going ASAP.
This man belongs on team @Otis

We're going to shock the world brother.  Join us 

I just hope @gruecd and @Juxtatarot aren't secretly recruiting SteveC to be on their squads.  He would be a game changer.
SteveC can be the honorary starter.  He'll also be signing autographs throughout the race weekends.

And yes, serpentine draft works (slightly more efficient, too, with two picks in a row after pick #1).  We then just need a criteria for deciding which cap'n picks first.  

I was just reposting the details for you.

@gianmarco ...similar times for your wife meaning similar to your times? (22:00; 46:00; 6:30)?  Or similar to what the more ploddish El Floppo posted?
Similar times to me. 

Adjust my 10K to 46:30.

Make hers:

22:30

47:00

7:00

She is probably a bit faster on each, but that's a good ballpark.

SteveC can be the honorary starter.  He'll also be signing autographs throughout the race weekends.

And yes, serpentine draft works (slightly more efficient, too, with two picks in a row after pick #1).  We then just need a criteria for deciding which cap'n picks first.  
Sounds like we need to have a race to decide who gets the first pick.

Lol no serpentine draft. We’ll flip a coin or something to who goes first and then just take turns.

Users who are viewing this thread