What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Corey Coleman - WR - Patriots (1 Viewer)

I just took a major risk on this guy, giving up a future 1st and change in a dynasty league for him.  But I really like his measurables, his athleticism, how he looks when running the football.....I even kind of like his situation despite the fact that Cleveland is a dumpster fire.  Curious to hear what folks are thinking about him in his second injury-marred season.  Had he come out with the 2017 class, would he have been between Davis and Golladay?  Can we expect a third year breakout next season from him, and if so, what is his ceiling for that campaign?
I think he might be long hold. Could take second team for him to really reach potential. Breaking the same hand two years in a row is obviously a much bigger red flag then hand one year and then a random ankle or shoulder injury the next. 

I sold already and would imagine his former owner was thrilled to recoup a first for him. That said I think he looks great when on the field and still love his potential. But Bill Parcells definition of potential is 100% applicable here. 

thats when he comes out of IR 

WR Corey Coleman (hand) is improving, but is "a couple weeks" away, head Coach Hue Jackson said. Coleman is on injured reserve, but could be designated for return week 11

thats when he comes out of IR 

WR Corey Coleman (hand) is improving, but is "a couple weeks" away, head Coach Hue Jackson said. Coleman is on injured reserve, but could be designated for return week 11
Is he practicing yet? Picked him up to sit on the bench but seems unlikely he'll play week 11 if he doesn't practice soon. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Coleman cannot practice until Cleveland designates him as one of their two IR to Return players which cannot happen until week 11. Then, they have 21 days to actually remove his IR status and activate him. (See Dede Westbrook this week.)

Coleman cannot practice until Cleveland designates him as one of their two IR to Return players which cannot happen until week 11. Then, they have 21 days to actually remove his IR status and activate him. (See Dede Westbrook this week.)
So won't be available to even start practicing by week 11?

I'm not sure about that.  I do know he can start practicing after 6 weeks on IR, which would be week 9.  If they are required to designate him first, that's when they can do it. 

So won't be available to even start practicing by week 11?
He can practice now.  They may have to designate him first, not sure, and perhaps that's why he's not - they aren't sure he's ready yet or the team may not be ready to use the designation on him.

I don't think that's right.  He's eligible to practice six weeks after the designation IIRC, and eligible to play Week 11 (Nov 19th).

ETA:  *Each team can designate two players to return from injured reserve. Designation does not need to be made until that player is able to return to practice. A player placed on injured reserve is eligible to return to practice in six weeks and must miss a minimum of eight weeks.

This poor guy and those freak hand breaks. 

This guy was an absolute STUD in college, and has shown it in the NFL too. 

CLE needs him and gordon back, so badly

Browns coach Hue Jackson said Monday that Corey Coleman (hand) will be "all systems go" in Week 11 against the Jaguars.

After DeShone Kizer played his season-best game in Sunday's loss to Detroit, he is getting back his best wide receiver. Unfortunately, Coleman is returning to face the best pass defense in the league, and won't be a fantasy option in his first game back. He should be rostered in all 12- and 14-team leagues.

Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter 

Nov 13 - 2:51 PM

Unfortunately he's coming back to the toughest pass matchup imaginable vs the Jaguars, but potential volume alone may make him an intriguing start.

Who’s starting him, and over whom?

Ive got Green, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Coleman and Cobb

Lockett, Agholar and Jordan Matthews on the bench. 

Will be the first person off of my bench next week if he comes out strong today.  Starting Woodhead and Jamaal Williams over him 

Starting him, without a doubt.

Man is an absolute bulldog, and there are few players I like to watch more. It's such a burn that he's had 2 freak accidents that cost him so much time.

But man... biletnikoff winner for a reason. So happy he's out there again

Who’s starting him, and over whom?

Ive got Green, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Coleman and Cobb

Lockett, Agholar and Jordan Matthews on the bench. 
Shepard injury forced my hand. Stating him over riddick and Kelvin in non oorpprx

Starting him, without a doubt.

Man is an absolute bulldog, and there are few players I like to watch more. It's such a burn that he's had 2 freak accidents that cost him so much time.

But man... biletnikoff winner for a reason. So happy he's out there again
Nailed it

Only one receiver, Antonio Brown, had topped 70 yards against the Jaguars this season before today. Corey Coleman went for 80.

Only one receiver, Antonio Brown, had topped 70 yards against the Jaguars this season before today. Corey Coleman went for 80.
He was also one of the few WRs to have success vs. PIT before they started springing leaks. I still buy his talent, I hope his wrists hold up.

As good as he looks as the #1, the presence of Gordon is EXACTLY what a guy like coleman needs.

He can put up #1 numbers, but his skillset is perfectly suited to a big man taking some coverage from him so he can work in single coverage. This man will be near unstoppable if Gordon stays on the field.

Ain't no safety cheating to his side

If he stays on the Browns there just won't be enough volume assuming they draft their QB1 of the future and run him out there in year one. 55/750/4 would be aspirational. 

I moved Coleman when I heard talk of reuniting with Pryor, I got out at the right time (unless prayers are answered and he gets traded). Hope he gets a chance to shine. 

Users who are viewing this thread