What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cam Newton...what A team leader (1 Viewer)

I've never seen a butt hurt like the butt hurt SEC fans have for Cam. He is that good, that years later they all still talk about him like he facialized their girlfriend. I thought the SEC always rooted for each other when their team didn't make the championship game?
again, I have no idea what you're talking about here. I'm surrounded by Roll Tide fans, many of which grew up here. they even like Cam.

I'm on the side who thinks he's a bit smarmy, a bit of a phony and if things go bad his attitude all of a sudden isn't a such a great thing for the team he plays on. I don't love the celebrations every play but get the it's up to you to stop him thinking. Living on west coast didn't get a ton of Carolina coverage before this year so really only remember the awesome first season, some not so good games, him underperforming in some games, and some weird post game interviews where he was pouting and acting strange. Was impressed to read about the charity stuff he does.

I totally get the people giving guys like me crap and obviously Cam fans and Carolina fans chiming in.

What I think is disappointing is people throwing racism out there. Really glad that didn't become a thing with the media all week. That's a good thing, vast majority of haters hating on a guy because they think he's a preening ****, they don't like the team, they root for the other team, etc.

Think Carolina should win comfortably today so Cam / Carolina fans enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen a butt hurt like the butt hurt SEC fans have for Cam. He is that good, that years later they all still talk about him like he facialized their girlfriend. I thought the SEC always rooted for each other when their team didn't make the championship game?
again, I have no idea what you're talking about here. I'm surrounded by Roll Tide fans, many of which grew up here. they even like Cam.
I don't know about that - time may be healing it a bit - but there are a vast vast majority of Tide fans that will always hate and despise him. Tide fans finally recognized the greatness of Bo - that even took some time. It will take much longer for that with Cam. He took away something they felt entitled to - they are a different breed of fan down here.

I'm on the side who thinks he's a bit smarmy, a bit of a phony and if things go bad his attitude all of a sudden isn't a such a great thing for the team he plays on. I don't love the celebrations every play but get the it's up to you to stop him thinking. Living on west coast didn't get a ton of Carolina coverage before this year so really only remember the awesome first season, some not so good games, him underperforming in some games, and some weird post game interviews where he was pouting and acting strange. Was impressed to read about the charity stuff he does.
Cam hasn't "pouted" in a long time, and I think it was more him not being able to bring himself up after a loss than pouting. Aren't people allowed to grow up? Pro football players start at a young age, and Cam wasn't use to losing and didn't know how to act, especially around reporters. He was also the Heisman winner, and the first pick of the draft, and he started right out of the gate. The media was all over him. That is a lot of pressure. He certainly could have handled things better his first couple seasons, but he has grown up tremendously. I think a lot of criticism towards him is unfair and weird. Oh, and he doesn't celebrate every play. Things went bad for the Panthers against Atlanta, and I didn't see Cam exhibiting an unpleasant attitude. The Panthers have a special brotherhood, and Cam is a great thing for the team.

Media is trying so hard to make this a race thing with people not liking Cam. Certainly there is a small percentage that's true but the vast majority of haters dislike him because he acts like a #### on the field.

Glad to hear he does all this charity. That's awesome.

The ball thing. Meh. It's great and all but is this how low the bar is set?
This is a good post. Cam is immature and an embarrassment to himself. He acts like an ### clown on the field and is certainly not someone worthy of admiration or respect.Did he have a great season? Sure. Is his team going to win tomorrow? Probably. And he's going to have quite a few chances to do some silly little dances and idiotic poses, and people will say it's ok because he's having so much fun.

Um, no. It isn't. He's a joke. No amount of Superbowls or MVPs will change that as long as he continues making a fool of himself. This is the same guy who was embroiled in a recruiting scandal in college and managed to conveniently shift the blame to his father, all the while professing his ignorance.

So he's either a complete dirt bag or a complete moron. Judging by the utterly idiotic way he behaves, I'm inclined to believe the former. But hey, if he just turns out to be colossally stupid and nothing else, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
I can't really call someone a dirt bag for accepting money from a college under the table to play there. At all.
Ok. But I can.

Cam Newton is a special athlete that has paid his dues. Cam has a right along with his skillset to celebrate as he sees fit. It's disgusting that his every move is being monitored and commented on by the media and public.

Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers celebrate after scoring touchdowns. Actually they are arrogant however no one criticizes them for their antics.

Oh well. Cam go out there today and unleash on the Denver Broncos. Cam Newton is a racist worst nightmare. He is Black, rich and articulate.

Dab on them Cam.

Cam Newton is a special athlete that has paid his dues. Cam has a right along with his skillset to celebrate as he sees fit. It's disgusting that his every move is being monitored and commented on by the media and public.

Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers celebrate after scoring touchdowns. Actually they are arrogant however no one criticizes them for their antics.

Oh well. Cam go out there today and unleash on the Denver Broncos. Cam Newton is a racist worst nightmare. He is Black, rich and articulate.

Dab on them Cam.
People hate on Rodgers and Brady all the time.

Dab on them Cam.
For celebrating?

Dab on them Cam.
For celebrating?
Brady for being Brady don't really know what his celebration is. Rodgers for his dumb ### discount double check and his whining in general.

Dab on them Cam.
For celebrating?
Brady for being Brady don't really know what his celebration is. Rodgers for his dumb ### discount double check and his whining in general.
Well when Cam gets his Superman celebration commercial (which certainly may happen now) we'll call it even. Until then I don't recall nearly the level of hate for Rodgers celebrating or anything else. Maybe from NFC North fans but certainly not on the national level.

Cam just won MVP and will likely win Super Bowl and MVP in that. Fully expect many lame Pizza Hut and Geico dabbing ads to follow.

Dab on them Cam.
For celebrating?
Well when Cam gets his Superman celebration commercial (which certainly may happen now) we'll call it even. Until then I don't recall nearly the level of hate for Rodgers celebrating or anything else. Maybe from NFC North fans but certainly not on the national level.
What was the game this year were the other team was trying to get at Cam during his multipart TD dab? All racists on that team.

Dab on them Cam.
For celebrating?
What was the game this year were the other team was trying to get at Cam during his multipart TD dab? All racists on that team.
I'm not calling anyone racist, that label is thrown around waaaaaay to liberally for my taste. But Cam does seem to catch more flak for his celebrations than other players.

Florio just put up an interesting piece about JJ Watt's acceptance speech for his Defensive MVP award last night. I absolutely agree that Cam would have raised a #### storm if he said anything remotely similar during his MVP acceptance speech.

Dab on them Cam.
For celebrating?
I'm not calling anyone racist, that label is thrown around waaaaaay to liberally for my taste. But Cam does seem to catch more flak for his celebrations than other players.Florio just put up an interesting piece about JJ Watt's acceptance speech for his Defensive MVP award last night. I absolutely agree that Cam would have raised a #### storm if he said anything remotely similar during his MVP acceptance speech.
I think you and I are pretty much in agreement. I'll check out the article later when I'm not on my cell. I'll admit I'm a bit of a hater and it's not just Newton :lol: Glad that race stuff hasn't really become a topic this week, really does a disservice to real instances of racism, injustice etc.

Really just hoping it's a good game today and that means I'm rooting for Denver a bit more because I can't see them hanging with Carolina.

The General said:
Chaka said:
The General said:
Brooklyn70 said:

Dab on them Cam.
For celebrating?
Brady whines to the refs more than any QB in the league.

Down 6 points in the 4th quarter of the super bowl and decided to back away from a fumble. Still can't believe I actually saw that happen.

Down 6 points in the 4th quarter of the super bowl and decided to back away from a fumble. Still can't believe I actually saw that happen.
That one will stick like glue unfortunately.
I think by that time he knew he could cut it and so he had already given up. One thing about this guy, when things go bad, we've already seen that he starts pouting. Go back a couple years where their D stunk and they were losers. His sideline pouting was headline news.

Showcasing his pouting right now. Man is that guy a sore loser. Deion laying into him. :thumbup: Jesus, Faulk, shut up, you are so stupid. Steve Young laying into him with the same statements as Deion.

OMG is he 12? What a spoiled little brat he acted like. I was embarrassed watching him do that interview. Talk about a sore loser. Now that Luke Kuechly was a man during his interview.

Yep, that was an awful look for a guy who had seemingly matured a lot this year. I don't expect someone to be all smiles after you've lost the Super Bowl, but that was a really bad look.

It ought to be interesting watching someone try to defend his behavior in the post SB press conference.
Quick rundown?
Had his hood up on his hoody. Pouted the whole time. Gave one word answers to questions. Then walked out early.
Pretty much what he's always done. People just forgot because they didn't lose much this season. Easy for Cam to seem more mature when they're winning almost every week.

Cam's a 26 year old who has been blessed with a body of the gods and known nothing but success in life. I'm a big fan, and still am. It was a bad look. I expect him to learn from this and mature even more. In the mean time, he better be ready to fend off all the critics he just created this off season.

As far as the fumble, let's not act like it was a big factor in them losing. He still had 80 yards and had to get in the end zone. They couldn't move the ball all night. Let's stop acting like they would have had he recovered that fumble.

Cam's a 26 year old who has been blessed with a body of the gods and known nothing but success in life. I'm a big fan, and still am. It was a bad look. I expect him to learn from this and mature even more. In the mean time, he better be ready to fend off all the critics he just created this off season.

As far as the fumble, let's not act like it was a big factor in them losing. He still had 80 yards and had to get in the end zone. They couldn't move the ball all night. Let's stop acting like they would have had he recovered that fumble.
He didn't learn the first go around a couple years back when he pouted on the sidelines and Steve Smith lit into him. He won't learn from this either.

The truth is that none of us know what that feels like. I can't imagine the disappointment.

But you still can't act like that, not after all the dancing and mugging for the camera and all that.

I have no problem with any of that stuff (as long as its not done specifically to show up the other team) but if you're gonna do that when things are going well, you better be a man and face the music when you lose.

He's a big baby.

What would have happened if he recovered it is immaterial. The game was still within 6 points and he quit on his team by not diving on the ball - totally gutless play.

The truth is that none of us know what that feels like. I can't imagine the disappointment.

But you still can't act like that, not after all the dancing and mugging for the camera and all that.

I have no problem with any of that stuff (as long as its not done specifically to show up the other team) but if you're gonna do that when things are going well, you better be a man and face the music when you lose.

He's a big baby.
That's what magnifies it x 1000.

I liked his press conference. It showed me he was disgusted with the performance and losing is not acceptable. He wore a hoodie, gave one word answers, showed no enthusiasm, did not say the right thing. Very Belichik-esque.

No doubt he reports to camp this summer hungrier than ever.

Just as the Broncos recovered from one of the most humiliating defeats in Super Bowl history 2 years ago, Cam and the Panthers will bounce back from this.

Who gives a #### what the press wants or thinks? I am surprised that people are making such a big deal out of his post-game presser. The same people that were :hophead: about Cam all season are the same ones :hophead: about him now. I doubt Cam, his teammates, or their fans care what any of them think.

I'd hate for him to be my QB.

Can't dive for a fumble and he's a sore loser.

If you dish it, gotta be able to take it.

I liked his press conference. It showed me he was disgusted with the performance and losing is not acceptable. He wore a hoodie, gave one word answers, showed no enthusiasm, did not say the right thing. Very Belichik-esque.

Just as the Broncos recovered from one of the most humiliating defeats in Super Bowl history 2 years ago, Cam and the Panthers will bounce back from this.

Who gives a #### what the press wants or thinks? I am surprised that people are making such a big deal out of his post-game presser. The same people that were :hophead: about Cam all season are the same ones :hophead: about him now. I doubt Cam, his teammates, or their fans care what any of them think.
The Belichik comparison is interesting. Didn't think the Cam presser was that bad. He should have handled it better but much ado about nothing. He did answer some questions.

Nah, they missed their chance. Green Bay is going to regain their rightful place atop the NFC next season.

It ought to be interesting watching someone try to defend his behavior in the post SB press conference.
Quick rundown?
Had his hood up on his hoody. Pouted the whole time. Gave one word answers to questions. Then walked out early.
Still way better at life than you though. Amirite?
Nope. But I'll let it slide since you clearly are speaking out of ignorance..

Users who are viewing this thread