What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (8 Viewers)

Mentioned just before your previous post.
Sorry. It's such a strange piece of news. He was shot at and wounded  while at a gas station in December.  He was reported missing on Wednesday. They found his car in a retention pond Saturday.  Unconfirmed reports was that the body was in the car.

Accident? DUI? Someone dumping a body? Still waiting on details.

wikkidpissah said:
More importantly, a prime figure in the ascendancy and success of National Lampoon. He put a lot of very talented people together by being one of the few people on the scene willing to be the brave in a Land of Chiefs. RIP -
In the first stage show National Lampoon put on, "Lemmings", Hendra cast John Belushi, Chevy Chase and Christopher Guest in their first big roles. 

The Michael Stanley Band was legend in most parts of Ohio - these guys were everywhere from HS through most of my 30s.
Northeast Ohio/northwestern PA was MSB’s stomping grounds. Being in high school in the late 70s-early 80s was having MSB as your soundtrack. Anywhere they played, they sold out. They were my first concert at Thiel College sometime in that era. 
Later on, his band and Donnie Iris would play shows together in each other’s town. MSB would headline in Pittsburgh and Donnie would return the favor in Cleveland. Stanley had other bands and a solo career after MSB, but it wasn’t the same. 
He was a co-host of PM Magazine on channel 8, and even appeared as himself on The Drew Carey Show. His last job was as afternoon drive DJ on WNCX. 

RIP Michael and thank God for the man who put the white lines on the highway. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Norton Juster... a name that might not be instantly recognizable.  But he wrote a children's book called The Phantom Tollbooth.  

My God, I recall reading that book so many times as a youngster, I think the pages started to fall out.    

Berkeley Breathed, the creator of Bloom County, admitted that this book was his first childhood inspiration, so much that he named Milo Bloom and his son after the main character in the book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the last of the CBS OGs? Network moment if it is. Clean as a glass plate, this guy. I'm sad for anyone who didnt have the world delivered to them over the tube by Murrow, Cronkite, Trout, Collingwood, Sevareid, Mudd etc. RIP -
Don't bury Dan Rather yet.

The Kalb brothers are also still with us.

I used to pull their games in on 3WE Cleveland.  I think he called the Len Barker perfect game also.  ALways liked Tait, reminede me of Jim Durham in Chicago.
He did indeed call that, along with no-hitters by Bozman in ‘74 and Dennis Eckersley in ‘77. 

91 years old Barbara Walters is holding ground. 
Reminds me of Johnny Carson as Carnack on a hot summer night decades ago, paraphrasing the joke.

JC: 93 and sultry.

Ed McMahon:  93 and sultry?

JC: Glares at Ed, rips open the envelope, crowd anticipating the joke begins to giggle.

JC: Who is Barbra Walters.

Band rips off a big Rimshot crowd doubles over in laughter.

Users who are viewing this thread