What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (15 Viewers)

I'm buying Cooper, D. Adams, Foreman, Trubisky, and Mixon where I can. 

I'm selling Hunt (if I can get a great haul for him). Would jump all over Mixon + something for Hunt right now if I had Hunt. Hunt is not bad he's just not "this" good and Mixon is getting ready to arrive. I value them pretty evenly at this point so if I can get a late 1st + Mixon for Hunt or a solid WR2 like Thielen + Mixion I'm snap accepting that. 

How about an RB top 10 - going forward, if doing a startup today. 

Elliott
Bell
DJ
Gurley
Cook
Hunt
Freeman
Howard
Fournette
Gordon

Missed the cut:
Mixon
Ajayi
Hyde
McCaffrey
Montgomery

Edit: good add Coop

Last edited by a moderator:
How about an RB top 10 - going forward, if doing a startup today. 

Elliott
Bell
DJ
Gurley
Cook
Hunt
Freeman
Howard
Fournette
Gordon

Missed the cut:
Mixon
Hyde
McCaffrey
Montgomery

Zeke, Hunt

DJ, Bell

Fournette, Cook, Freeman, Gurley*

McCaffrey, Gordon*, Ajayi

*Would be looking to flip

I'm buying Cooper, D. Adams, Foreman, Trubisky, and Mixon where I can. 

I'm selling Hunt (if I can get a great haul for him). Would jump all over Mixon + something for Hunt right now if I had Hunt. Hunt is not bad he's just not "this" good and Mixon is getting ready to arrive. I value them pretty evenly at this point so if I can get a late 1st + Mixon for Hunt or a solid WR2 like Thielen + Mixion I'm snap accepting that. 
I like Cooper and Mixon, but am not sure how much of a discount I can expect.  What about Adams, though?  Buy now before he's re-signed?  I worry he might not be.  

Melvin Gordon has been pretty JAGgy in the NFL so far. Maybe he'll have a nice career, but I'm passing at the market price.

I think I posted my list a few pages ago, but it would look something like this right now:

Zeke

DJ

Bell

(Barkley)

Mixon

Fournette

Hunt

McCaffrey

Gurley

Cook

Freeman

I've been burned by rookies before, but I expect Barkley to be in play for the RB1 spot in some dynasty drafts next year. He has a big age advantage over DJ/Bell and doesn't have any major suspension risk like Zeke. I think he's flat out better than Hunt/Fournette/Mixon/Gurley. For that matter, a 100% Nick Chubb can be in the top 10 discussion pretty quickly and maybe a guy like Freeman if he goes first round.

I'd be happy to get Howard, Abdullah, Hyde, Ajayi, or Cohen (PPR) as a second back. Like Doug Martin for a short window team. Intrigued by Kamara for more of a rebuilding type of team.

I like Cooper and Mixon, but am not sure how much of a discount I can expect.  What about Adams, though?  Buy now before he's re-signed?  I worry he might not be.  
Yeah it would be a big hit if he wasn't resigned but I don't know why they wouldn't resign him. Nelson isn't getting any younger and he's be crazy to leave.....

If I am permitted to talk about a college player here - what value does Barkley (2018 1.01) have at this point?  I have two 1st in the race for 1.01 next year, so I hope to win the lottery. But if I don't, what to trade for the pick?  Top 5 RB?  Is he worth more than an older elite WR (e.g., Julio, AJG, Brown)?  

With all the talk about Ben, I've been pondering offering AB for the pick at season's end. 
Even if we knew Ben would be around another 3 years at least, I'd consider trading Antonio for 1.01 in most leagues.  I don't think I'd do it straight but I'd trade David Johnson for the top pick and something else worthwhile.

If I am permitted to talk about a college player here - what value does Barkley (2018 1.01) have at this point?  I have two 1st in the race for 1.01 next year, so I hope to win the lottery. But if I don't, what to trade for the pick?  Top 5 RB?  Is he worth more than an older elite WR (e.g., Julio, AJG, Brown)?  
I would take Barkley with the 1.01 pick in a dynasty draft if he were eligible.  He is the best RB prospect since AP and he'll be 21 his rookie year.  I'm sure many will say that is too high a price to for an unknown but I think he is just that good. 

D Cook

or

2 mid to late 1st round 2018 picks and S Perine?

Dynasty, PPR, 10 teams.
On the face of it, I would prefer the D. Cook side of the deal.

Full disclosure: Cook was my #2 rated RB behind Fournette coming into the season, thus, I am high on Cook (My Top 3 were C. Davis, Fournette & Cook).

With that said, my opinion is that team structure should be based on the consolidation of power (VBD), thus, I would always prefer a stud + room for finding another suitable starter, than 2 good...but not stud level...players. With that in mind, I would take the potential "studness" of Cook, over the gamble to find a similar potential stud in the mid to late 2018 rookie/FA draft. Yes, Hunt was a mid 1st rounder this year, and David Johnson had an even later ADP in '15, but it is rare to hit on those picks, imo.

However, if the value of mid to late 1st round picks is higher in your league than mine, then you may be able to flip those picks (and Perine) for something better than Cook. If that is the case, then this could be a good deal. However, in my league, I prefer Cook over what I could buy for 2 mid to late 1sts & Perine.

Derrick Henry in PPR...plus or minus a 2018 1st?
What do you think of the incoming class of skill players?

I could see Barkley or Chubb (if healthy) over him. Not sure about receivers likely to be in the mix next year.

Also depends on your outlook for Henry in 2018.

I would say he is worth more than a 2018 1st round pick unless you don't think that Henry will be the Titans featured RB in 2018.

What do you think of the incoming class of skill players?

I could see Barkley or Chubb (if healthy) over him. Not sure about receivers likely to be in the mix next year.

Also depends on your outlook for Henry in 2018.

I would say he is worth more than a 2018 1st round pick unless you don't think that Henry will be the Titans featured RB in 2018.
Naturally, but it's too early to tell where the pick will be.

Derrick Henry in PPR...plus or minus a 2018 1st?
I have him in a 10 team 3RB plus another flex spot league, so RB's are inflated.  I can't even give him away it seems.  I wasn't a fan of his coming out, even less so now that I've seen him run in the pro's.  I've been trying to consolidate an offer for anyone and it just isn't working.  I realize his value is likely to increase the closer we get to him becoming a "workhorse" but I can't wait to be rid of him. 

Mid 2018 1st for Henry doesn't seem too bad. This looks like another deep RB draft coming up and you'll probably be able to net a similar prospect there. I have Henry in one league and I'd be willing to consider that offer at least. For a guaranteed late 1st I'd stay put. He's looked okay in Tennessee and could be the starter pretty soon.

Not understanding what people have seen and not liked with Henry.  The first couple minutes against the Seahawks have been the only time I remember when he was getting stuffed regularly but by the end of that game he looked good, he just got scooped on carries. He still looks like an elite talent to me. 

Even if we knew Ben would be around another 3 years at least, I'd consider trading Antonio for 1.01 in most leagues.  I don't think I'd do it straight but I'd trade David Johnson for the top pick and something else worthwhile.
If you had the chance....  ;)

This was the first full Rams game I've watched in a while.  I'm moving Gurley way up my rankings.  (Not that it matters--the buy low boat has sailed.)  I still think I overestimated his ability to create yards for himself, coming out of UGA, but he's a freak athlete in what looks to be a great situation.  He's in the Bell, DJ conversation for me right now. 

I don't own either in dynasty, but I like Crabtree more than Cooper, especially with the perceived difference in value.

That'll probably change over the next week or two if Cooper keeps stinking up the joint, and if Crabtree comes back and looks like the main man again.

I still prefer him to everyone listed except Hopkins. 
I think he and Thomas (and Diggs) are really close.  I think Davis has a higher upside, but would take the safer Cooper for now.  Cooper > Cooks.  

I'll be trying to buy low, but, as I don't love his upside, doubt I'll find an owner willing to take what I am willing to offer.  

At this point i would take Diggs over Cooper, not sure what it is but just not a Thomas fan. I would take all the above over him
As players, I'd take Diggs as well.  It just bothers me that Diggs hasn't played a healthy season since high school.  But it's close.  Thomas is a tough read for me as well.  

Cooper is my biggest trade regret I have this offseason.  I haven't seen a Raiders game yet but from what I hear it's drops and very little separation.  Which from what I remember when he came out, neither of these were problems.  It's the most infuriating thing because I gave up AB in that trade to get younger and I'm a contender.  First thoughts about his value is I'd take ~15 WR's before him in a startup.  

I think he and Thomas (and Diggs) are really close.  I think Davis has a higher upside, but would take the safer Cooper for now.  Cooper > Cooks.  

I'll be trying to buy low, but, as I don't love his upside, doubt I'll find an owner willing to take what I am willing to offer.  
At this point Cooper doesn't look very safe at all.

I may take him over Cooks still, but as for the other guys, its a lot closer than it was even a month ago.

Cooper is my biggest trade regret I have this offseason.  I haven't seen a Raiders game yet but from what I hear it's drops and very little separation.  Which from what I remember when he came out, neither of these were problems.  It's the most infuriating thing because I gave up AB in that trade to get younger and I'm a contender.  First thoughts about his value is I'd take ~15 WR's before him in a startup.  
I traded Dez and the pick that wound up being Kareem Hunt for Cooper. So, yeah, my biggest trade regret too.

At this point Cooper doesn't look very safe at all.

I may take him over Cooks still, but as for the other guys, its a lot closer than it was even a month ago.
That's fair, but Cooper has flashed.  I'm confident eliminating the bust potential there.  He's struggling, but he's only 23.  I'll be shocked if he doesn't rebound, at least back to the 80/1,100/6 level.  Maybe I'd take Davis.  I'd need to give it some thought.  

It's absolutely closer than it was a few weeks ago.  I'm pulling for the kid. 

Cooper's problem isn't getting separation, it's about focus and field awareness.  He had another horrible drop yesterday and misses a lot of chances to make sideline/endzone catches because he can't get his feet down.  His athleticism, speed, and burst are all fine and it looks like he runs good enough routes.  I wouldn't go so far as to take Thomas over him, but I I would take Cook and Hopkins.  Davis is interesting because we still haven't seen much from him.  I'd probably take Davis.

Cooper had 1k+ yards in his first two seasons, so from a dynasty perspective I'd still be pretty optimistic about his long-term outlook. He never really struck me as some world-beating dynamo like Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson who was going to give you a huge ppg edge at WR1, but I think he can have many more good seasons in his career.

Is it time we give up on Ebron?  I'd expect his value is in the dirt.  Anyone got good comparisons that they might trade for him?  

Is it time we give up on Ebron?  I'd expect his value is in the dirt.  Anyone got good comparisons that they might trade for him?  
I'm done with him.  His hands are awful and he doesn't play up to his physical gifts.  I might trade a late 3rd for him in the meantime, but won't have any serious interest until or unless he ends up in a golden situation.

I've never owned Ebron but his career path reminds me of Ertz a bit.  People were very high on Ertz heading into his 4th year and he started that season with only 15 catches and 150 yards through the first half of the season, then blew up down the stretch and continued this year.

Not saying it's likely, but there is still some hope out there at least.

Cooper had 1k+ yards in his first two seasons, so from a dynasty perspective I'd still be pretty optimistic about his long-term outlook. He never really struck me as some world-beating dynamo like Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson who was going to give you a huge ppg edge at WR1, but I think he can have many more good seasons in his career.
I agree with you.  I think the market shot itself in the foot by extrapolating his early production and projecting an unrealistic ceiling.  As I do expect him to bounce back, I want to target him.  But his value was so bloated to this point that buying low now is likely still an overpay.  I'd have to add to a sizable part to a Jarivs Landry--and I'm not sure that's justified.   

Watson's intermediate accuracy has been awful, from what I've seen; certainly not on par with Kizer.  

For positives--I'd agree with timing; his ball looks pretty; he's a winner at the college level; he's athletic.  I really am pulling for the kid, I just don't see him helping my fantasy portfolio. FWIW, I didn't think Dak had the deep accuracy to cut it, and was wrong about that.    

Edit: But Dak flashed from the first snap. 
I only watched the highlights, but ####, Watson threw some pretty balls on Sunday.  He looked like a completely different guy.  As a Hopkins owner in my favorite league, I hope it holds. 

Thought on Watson, Hopkins, and Fuller? 

Hopkins is a buy for me even if his price is as high as it will get. I would take him after OBJ and Evans in a startup if I go wr in the 1st. Fuller is a sell, do not trust his hands at all. 

I would buy Watson for a 2nd in one qb leagues, but doubt I can get him for that right now. I would hold if I owned him unless I get a future 1st

Hopkins is a buy for me even if his price is as high as it will get. I would take him after OBJ and Evans in a startup if I go wr in the 1st. Fuller is a sell, do not trust his hands at all. 

I would buy Watson for a 2nd in one qb leagues, but doubt I can get him for that right now. I would hold if I owned him unless I get a future 1st
I'm not ready to invest in Watson in 6 pt passing leagues, but a 2nd sounds about right in 4 pt leagues.  

Agree on Fuller, assuming PPR. 

I think Hopkins is a tier 1 player again, right now.  I'm still taking Zeke, OBJ, and Evans over him, but he's right there after that.  

Users who are viewing this thread