What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Derrius Guice, Free Agent (4 Viewers)

So he had 1 big run, and several ok ones. Kinda like Barkley? 1 run for 39 yards, and 4 runs for 4 yards.
I'm still a little worried about Barkley's lack of awareness and foresight, but at least you got to see how his insane fluidity will work out. Guice got a long run on a play where the announcer said "gaping hole". Barkley created his on his own. 

MCL is exactly what I thought when I saw the replay of his run. It was so slight and he wasn't twisting, it made the most sense

Not concerned about this at all as long as it's a grade 1 or 2. Anything higher and it could be something that could linger. He should be good to go week 1 but I would anticipate a slow first few weeks to ease him in, possibly. 

Redskins have a difficult SoS, based on Vegas win totals odds. They could be playing with negative game scripts most weeks. And now this rookie has a tweaked knee, with TBD severity. Based on those factors, I'm tempering my expectations in redraft. And if this thread and sleeper lists are any indication, that probably means I won't end up with Guice this year. A couple weeks ago I thought he might be this year's Kareem Hunt. Now I'm thinking he might be closer to Joe Mixon. (Based on 2018 investment return, not skillset.)

Redskins have a difficult SoS, based on Vegas win totals odds. They could be playing with negative game scripts most weeks. And now this rookie has a tweaked knee, with TBD severity. Based on those factors, I'm tempering my expectations in redraft. And if this thread and sleeper lists are any indication, that probably means I won't end up with Guice this year. A couple weeks ago I thought he might be this year's Kareem Hunt. Now I'm thinking he might be closer to Joe Mixon. (Based on 2018 investment return, not skillset.)

Should reign in his ADP which is a positive going forward. 
:hifive:

I'm actually not that upset over that prediction. Just being selfish in my own dynasty plans there.

He is very young, has lots of years ahead of him

David J. Chao,  @ProFootballDoc

Bottom line is by video not expecting ACL or other complete ligament tear. Could have sprain or bone bruise which may affect preseason availability but likely ok for season.

Dr. Dan said:
I'm actually not that upset over that prediction. Just being selfish in my own dynasty plans there.

He is very young, has lots of years ahead of him
I was speaking from redraft perspective. Dynasty, I wouldn't downgrade him at all, based on the factors I mentioned.

David J. Chao,  @ProFootballDoc

Bottom line is by video not expecting ACL or other complete ligament tear. Could have sprain or bone bruise which may affect preseason availability but likely ok for season.
Wasn’t it already confirmed as an MCL sprain?

Field Yates✔@FieldYates

If the Redskins consider free agent running backs, some of the notable names available include:
* Adrian Peterson
* Orleans Darkwa
* Jamaal Charles
* Alfred Morris

1:48 PM - Aug 10, 2018

Dr. Octopus said:
Per Skins fans on Twitter he’s fine. Walking around on the sideline watching the game.

zed2283 said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but that doesn't really mean anything.

Dr. Dan said:
so him walking on the sideline, and smiling means nothing? after being examined for a potential knee injury?

imo it means a lot. him with a grimace on his face going to the locker room is much worse than walking and smiling. 

unless hes happy he is hurt terribly bad and is trying to make it worse by using it. 
:lmao:

They're better off sticking with Kelley and Perine - the bums you know...
I disagree.

Darkwa and Morris looked good for stretches last season. Maybe they should try to lure Murray out of retirement.

It's not really a either/or situation. They will undoubtedly keep both Perine/Kelley but there is no way they go into the season with just those two guys. I don't think Thompson is 100% yet and I've heard rumors that they may not expect him to be 100% until November.

Yep was planning on cutting Perine but could have value now.
I have Kelley in the league I have Guice, but can't say I'm terribly excited. He may turn into decent depth but he won't come close to filling the gap from losing Guice.

While I wasn't on the bandwagon, loathe seeing top 50 fantasy players go down (at any time, but especially before the season even starts).

On the plus side, he's going to be 100% by next June and you'll be able to get him in the 5th round next year with the same upside.

I disagree.

Darkwa and Morris looked good for stretches last season. Maybe they should try to lure Murray out of retirement.

It's not really a either/or situation. They will undoubtedly keep both Perine/Kelley but there is no way they go into the season with just those two guys. I don't think Thompson is 100% yet and I've heard rumors that they may not expect him to be 100% until November.
Darkwa, Morris, Kelley and Perine are all the same players (straight ahead runners) so stick with the guys that already know the system/playbook. I guess they'd come cheap at least.

Murray would be a bit better but the Skins are going nowhere so why pay him what it would take to lure him out of retirement?

Darkwa, Morris, Kelley and Perine are all the same players (straight ahead runners) so stick with the guys that already know the system/playbook. I guess they'd come cheap at least.

Murray would be a bit better but the Skins are going nowhere so why pay him what it would take to lure him out of retirement?
No team believes they are going nowhere (except the Browns) heading into the year.  Especially in that division where the top and bottom teams seem to flip flop every year or two.

oh man. so sorry to hear it. i only just came around on him and drafted him in a FBG last week.  but somehow that is my only share.  i wish him a speedy recovery.  

good thing he was seen smiling on the sidelines.  how many torn ACLs have we seen people walking around on now?

Traded up to get him #2 in Dynasty. Really wish our draft had been this week instead of last week, he'd probably have fallen to me and I could have kept my 2nd rounder. 

They will have to improve depth some way, it won't be optional.

If they are $13mil+ under the cap right now I don't know what they are saving it for. I doubt very much Murray would command a multi-year deal. I think a starting opportunity and chance at getting a multi-year deal in 2019 is at least as alluring as the money he was offered before retiring.

oh man. so sorry to hear it. i only just came around on him and drafted him in a FBG last week.  but somehow that is my only share.  i wish him a speedy recovery.  

good thing he was seen smiling on the sidelines.  how many torn ACLs have we seen people walking around on now?
There was a senior on my daughter's field hockey team that blew out her ACL but instead of surgery, she played on it her last couple of games of her high school career.  After the season was over, she then had surgery.

zed2283 said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but that doesn't really mean anything.

Dr. Dan said:
so him walking on the sideline, and smiling means nothing? after being examined for a potential knee injury?

imo it means a lot. him with a grimace on his face going to the locker room is much worse than walking and smiling. 

unless hes happy he is hurt terribly bad and is trying to make it worse by using it. 

You were saying?

In before someone accuses me of gloating over an injury.  That's not what I'm doing, it absolutely sucks for him, the team, and football fans.

I'm not a doctor, but I've been around the block.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would stick with Kelly/Perine on early downs and hope Thompson comes back strong. I don't see any truly worthwhile FA signing out there.

You guys were saying?
I guess that’s true but it means they didn’t send him to the locker room for an x-Ray, further examination or treatment. But sure guys have walked on tears before but usually just to leave the field / they don’t stand around. Hopefully it’s nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread