What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can I punch Nazis? (spoiler alert: yes) (2 Viewers)

Is it cool to punch a Neo-Nazi in the face?

• Yes

Votes: 101 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 39.5%

• Total voters
"You know, you might disagree with my viewpoint that it's ok to kill millions of people, but you shouldn't resort to violence to make that point"

You know, this isn't as good as the IT = INFO post, but IMO it's in the team photo for GOAT post.
Nice of you to say, Tom. I haven't received as many positive responses to my posts about manners, citizenship and the old-order stuff which should be included in the New Decency as i do my wildass stories, theories & flashbacks, so that's good to hear.

Yes. However one should do it properly by squaring up and then punching them. Sucker punches are a no no (even if the punching part is indeed satisfying) 

Yes. However one should do it properly by squaring up and then punching them. Sucker punches are a no no (even if the punching part is indeed satisfying) 
Look, we all frown upon sucker punching. But know what's worse than sucker punching? Being a Nazi. This is a closer call, but I'm going to say that it's OK to sucker-punch a Nazi IF its the only way to punch a Nazi in any given scenario.

New tumblr dedicated to Nazi-punchin', @Tub of Goo >>> https://punchingnazis.tumblr.com/

This is all code for masturbation, right?  Because boy howdy do I loves me some nazi-punching.  Only thing that keeps me sane most days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't read replies, but yes, it's cool to punch a neo-nazi, and you should be prosecuted if you do.

How about dropping the fake outlaw cowboy that has the 'kerchief mask?  

Helluva flag burning crew there.  

I'd buy the FedEx guy lunch.  
See, this is the slippery slope people were talking about earlier. Start off with ethnic cleansers, then on page 5 we're punching out flag-burners.

If you don't think burning a flag is cool, that's cool. But don't go down that slope, Binky.

See, this is the slippery slope people were talking about earlier. Start off with ethnic cleansers, then on page 5 we're punching out flag-burners.

If you don't think burning a flag is cool, that's cool. But don't go down that slope, Binky.

Yeah, I'm with you.  I normally stay out of this kind of stuff around here.  

I think that crew (a couple in particular ...) weren't deserving of a punch in the face simply due to their burning of the flag, it was more about the overall attitude and antagonistic approach. 

I grew up in an Air Force town in the Vietnam war and have strong supportive feelings for people who have served and the sacrifices they have made.  I wouldn't be as incited to rush into the group and save the flag, but certainly understand and support the FedEx guy's actions.  

I'm not mocking this; I think I get your point. Disagree, and all, but get it.

Slippery slope is the most overrated logical fallacy there is. But IK makes a valid point, one I would honestly agree with

Dirt breeds dirt. Violence begets violence.

Rule of law is rule of law, until jury nullifica...

What?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would an average jury nullify a violence change against someone who punched a Nazi if the jury nullification rule was known to average juries?

What rule is this?
You're right. It's no rule, it's simply built into the conscience of the jurors whether or not they acquit. The structure of a "jury of peers" allows for the rule of law, if distant, to be down voted. Good point, and thank you for making my thinking more exact.

You're right. It's no rule, it's simply built into the conscience of the jurors whether or not they acquit. The structure of a "jury of peers" allows for the rule of law, if distant, to be down voted. Good point, and thank you for making my thinking more exact.
Appreciate the reply.

No sweat. There are times I get emotional and go off, but it's always nice to have somebody remind me to clarify and qualify my thought process. Helps me understand the issues better.  
I figured that if there was such a "rule", as opposed to the occasional refusal of a jury to convict someone regardless of evidence which we see now and then, I ought to learn about it.

I figured that if there was such a "rule", as opposed to the occasional refusal of a jury to convict someone regardless of evidence which we see now and then, I ought to learn about it.
Yeah, I think it's an unspoken doctrine, especially used in punitive drug cases. People have been actually arrested for letting jurors know that they can simply refuse and vote their conscience, so it's a very controversial thing, and judges, in the spirit of legal positivism, will often instruct juries to the contrary. 

It's why we debate punching Nazis. Does a "jury of your peers," or in this case, a jury of conscience, contradict that which we would like to see abided by in positive law? It's really an argument about normative and positive law (and also natural law) that crops up from time to time. 

The more I see the reaction to our current president, the more fragile I realize these shibboleths of positive law are should anybody think about them too much. 

The Nazi scumbags were meeting one night on the second floor. Nat Arno and I went upstairs and threw stink bombs into the room where the creeps were. As they came out of the room, running from the horrible odor of the stink bombs and running down the steps to go into the street to escape, our boys were waiting with bats and iron bars. It was like running a gauntlet. Our boys were lined up on both sides and we started hitting, aiming for their heads or any other part of their bodies, with our bats and irons. The Nazis were screaming blue murder. This was one of the most happy moments of my life.
So awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread