What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Patrick Mahomes II, KC (4 Viewers)

Mahomes was on point with the dime he dropped/floated to Kelce on the first play.....gonna be a fun team to watch again and I have a feeling Mahomes may have a chance to change the narrative on "regression".... 

mahomes is about to be outscoring the other 5 teams playing right now (assuming he throws a td in then next minute or so)

Patrick Mahomes completed 30-of-44 passes for 443 yards, four touchdowns and zero interceptions in the Chiefs' 28-10, Week 2 win over the Raiders.

Mahomes was unstoppable. He racked up 313 yards and four touchdowns by halftime and even had a perfectly thrown 74-yard touchdown to Mecole Hardman negated by an iffy penalty. He did all this without No. 1 WR Tyreek Hill (collarbone) as well as LT Eric Fisher (groin). Mahomes fed Sammy Watkins a team-high 13 targets, but also got each of Travis Kelce (nine), Demarcus Robinson (six), Damien Williams (five) and Hardman (six) plenty involved as well. We’re witnessing arguably the greatest fantasy football stretch from a QB ever. Mahomes and the Chiefs take on Lamar Jackson and the Ravens in Week 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was ridiculed for overspending on Mahomes in a no-salary cap dynasty startup. 

Best $126/500 I’ve ever spent. Dude is just money. 

One of my two most important leagues I got the last pick and pissed and moaned about not getting the big four Rbs or Hopkins. I thought screw it and took Mahomes (6 point passing TDs). I never had Brady or manning when they were scoring like crazy. Gotta say this is nice.

people in the Williams, McCoy, and Thompson threads are making their heads explode with trying to figure out whats going on....not sure its a good use of time....KC is going to throw a ton this weekend....I realize BAL hasn't really played anybody but I believe they are #1 against the rush.....Reid is probably going to keep it in Mahomes hands instead of either of the two dinged up RB's or the rookie....I understand the KC RB always has some value each week, but I would probably fade them all this week and look elsewhere....Mahomes and his receivers are going to over eat.....as Kelce said before the season "when you think we are going to run, we are probably going to pass, and when you think we are going to pass, we are definitely going to pass"....I think this is one of those games...

people in the Williams, McCoy, and Thompson threads are making their heads explode with trying to figure out whats going on....not sure its a good use of time....KC is going to throw a ton this weekend....I realize BAL hasn't really played anybody but I believe they are #1 against the rush.....Reid is probably going to keep it in Mahomes hands instead of either of the two dinged up RB's or the rookie....I understand the KC RB always has some value each week, but I would probably fade them all this week and look elsewhere....Mahomes and his receivers are going to over eat.....as Kelce said before the season "when you think we are going to run, we are probably going to pass, and when you think we are going to pass, we are definitely going to pass"....I think this is one of those games...
Love that quote. Did he really say that?

Love that quote. Did he really say that?
yes, you can probably youtube it...it was pretty awesome....they were doing a forum press conference thingy before the season and he was on stage with Mahomes and some other guys...they asked him what to expect out of the offense this year...

Mahomes is so good that I am seriously contemplating starting Watkins/Hardman/D. Robinson as my 3 WRs this week and leaving Diggs and Kirk on the bench.  Hard to pick which one will go off but it’s pretty much a guarantee that at least one and probably 2 will.  

Mahomes is just ridiculous. It's not even fair. Going against him this week and this is not fun. 

Feels like getting hurt is the only thing that can slow him down.  He doesn't have Tyreek Hill and is still torching one of the best defenses in the NFL. 

Mahomes is so good that I am seriously contemplating starting Watkins/Hardman/D. Robinson as my 3 WRs this week and leaving Diggs and Kirk on the bench.  Hard to pick which one will go off but it’s pretty much a guarantee that at least one and probably 2 will.  
Hope you did. This would've worked out awesome despite the tough matchup. 

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a team push the ball down the field with so much regularity.....they get chunk plays and make them look like they are executing 5 yard outs. 

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a team push the ball down the field with so much regularity.....they get chunk plays and make them look like they are executing 5 yard outs. 
Warner and the Rams Greatest Show on Turf? But they probably had more running plays and short passing routes for Faulk than the Chiefs do for their RBs. 

I had 1.02 in my draft and was seriously considering taking him, knowing he'd never get back to me at 2.11. He didn't. The guy who has him? 3-0. Me and Zeke? 1-2.

Oooof. He's that good. 

The Lions?  You ok @ChiefD?!  
Yeah. This is just one of those games. Detroit is riding high. KC coming off a hyped up game against Baltimore. KC's third road game already out of of their 4 games. Loud dome. 

I would not be shocked if Detroit won this game. 

I was listening to fantasy football radio this morning and the stat was KC has not scored less then 26 points since Mahomes took over. Dude is fun to watch and a great QB with it seems like a high football IQ. He's been around sports and his dad all his life.

On a side note, my offer of trading away Edelman for Watkins just went through. Pretty even on paper? I like the combo stack. I like all pieces to the KC offense right now. Lets see how this RB situation pans out.

Detroit undefeated but most likely fools gold and a pretender. The Lions are my home team for 60 years now. I hope they give KC a game.

Users who are viewing this thread